Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,855 members, 7,798,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf (52556 Views)

Health Benefits Of Moringa Leaf / Nature: Natural Curative Values Of Bitter Leaf / Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf (vernonia Amygdalina) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by joseph1832(m): 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
That's why my bitterleafsoup is the best.

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Baroba(m): 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
Am not quite sure about drinking bitter Onugbu leaves, but one thing i know is, Bitter leaf and coco yam ( ede) na soup made by the gods... cool

2 Likes

Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Yuneehk(f): 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
amanze15:
Remember having to drink the water from mashed bitter leaves to cure bed wetting loool grin grin grin
Bed wetter tongue .

Ours was for stomach ache with a little salt added inside. Did you ever mash them with your palms or someone did it for you? If you did, did you taste your palm afterwards?
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by janefarms2015: 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
Rilwon:
Now that you said squeezing the bitter part before eating it or cooking it before eating makes it less potent, what else do you want us to eat it?

Eat it raw like a goat

One thing to be noted is that your health is worth sacrificing few minutes of bitter drugs for, squeez the water and drink and use the left over for soup
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by kunlexy1759(m): 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
Confirmed! Bitter leaf, a great medicine.
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by kelvinklein219(m): 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
Vendoor:
Wonderful plant.... Bookmarking this cheesy
Why not just save for offline reading, it's easier. . To access, fats what I did
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Rilwon: 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
janefarms2015:

One thing to be noted is that your health is worth sacrificing few minutes of bitter drugs for, squeez the water and drink and use the left over for soup

Oh! Nice suggestion there.. Thanks smiley

But don't you think there should be a gauge for taking it, I suppose too much of it might cause another problem?

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Sunofgod(m): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
Fairgodwin:
The topic is so good it was posted twice simultaneously.

Yeah, bitterleaf, fortunately, happens to be my favorite soup (to go with pounded yam of course).
If you've never tasted bitterleaf soup garnished with snails, dried fish, fresh fish with pounded yam, then I'm sorry you've either not 'eaten real food' or not truly from Nigeria. No two things involved!

Rubbish - If you've never eaten 'Bitterleaf' laced with Beef, Goat, Chicken, Okpoloko with Garri and three bottles of 'Star' then your life was never worth living!
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by shogosco: 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
but this leaf bitter no he small
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Standing5(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
Bitterleaf is good but how do I take it in? If I get it capsule that can be swallowed and pressed with not-too-sugary orange juice then i would love it.

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by idupaul: 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
martineverest:
not exagerating,bitter leaf shakes and moringa tea have become my favourite beverages for the past one yyear

How do u make bitter leaf shakes
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by idupaul: 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2016
martineverest:
not exagerating,bitter leaf shakes and moringa tea have become my favourite beverages for the past one yyear

Sunofgod:

Rubbish - If you've never eaten 'Bitterleaf' laced with Beef, Goat, Chicken, Okpoloko with Garri and three bottles of 'Star' then your life was never worth living!

You spoil gan
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by flakkybaby: 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
Really i do have this pain below my abdomin so u mean bitter leaf will cure d pain?
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by God2man(m): 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
Noted.
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by vanvick247(m): 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
Guys let's not take too much of it. Moderation shud be our watchword coz too much of it has its own side effects.
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by lightheart(m): 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
Herbs is the healing of the nation - Peter Tosh
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by comffy(f): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
vanvick247:
Guys let's not take too much of it. Moderation shud be our watchword coz too much of it has its own side effects.

Thank you. That's wat I wanna ask d OP coz I heard it damages liver and kidney. Am also a fan of bitter leaf. wink
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by BizBloke(m): 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
The healing power of a plant.
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by cis9(m): 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
Some time is 2015 my Brother had Arthritis with Daily intake of Bitter Leaf everyday for sometime he was cured.

I had blurred vision too in 2015 and my Brother introduced me to same bitterleaf that cured him and my blurred vision disappeared.

Note: we usually take A full tea cup of mushed bitterleaf or chew about 3matured leaves A day for some period of time.

Too much of it is not good.
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by glossy6(f): 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
let me get some bitter leaves from my backyard asap
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Fairgodwin(m): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
Sunofgod:

Hahaha, bros you're so bad...
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by martineverest(m): 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
idupaul:

get a fresh bitter leaf.rinse it and place it in a bowl.add water and scrub with your hands as if you are washing clothes.do dis for two minutes.u will get a froth(lather) and juice....wah la! Your bitterleaf shakes is ready

1 Like

Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
One mystery I may never be able to solve is my 8-year old cousin's love for bitter leaf 'juice'. He not only drinks it at his own behest, he asks for it; he gets really excited when it's extracted for him; he says it's not bitter to him; and he says he loves it.

undecided
I can't understand it.

–––
Don't mind me op, felt like voicing out my concerns.
grin
Nice post.
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
vanvick247:

If you don't mind,what are the side effects of taking too much of it?
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Stanbeto: 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
My best Vegetable wallah
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by oluspicy: 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
Thanks Op, you just shared my thoughts about BITTER LEAVES. My grandfather trained me with it and It's one of the secret of my healthly status. Up till now am still eating it. Infact, I have the tree planted in my compound.

I remember one of my folk song: "Ewuro lagba igi, ewuro lagba igi, gbogbo igi bowo fewuro, ewuro lagba igi."
#BitterLeafforlife
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Hopez456(m): 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
martineverest:
How do yo make moringa tea? I have the seeds and leaves.
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Hopez456(m): 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
martineverest:
How do yo make moringa tea? I have the seeds and leaves.
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by glossy6(f): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
glossy6:
let me get some bitter leaves from my backyard asap

Am back. The bitterness no be here undecided undecided
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Idrhas(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
Vote FALCONEY 4 MR NAIRALAND!!!
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Aheadwealth: 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
Bitter leaves is a wonderful gift from God. What about utazi?
Re: Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf by Wynnah(m): 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
I also know bitter leaf juice reduces sugar level and cures premature ejaculation' for men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Commits Suicide After Fighting With Her Husband In Lagos / Monkeypox Outbreak Hits Bayelsa, Doctor, 10 Others Quarantined / Veterinary Doctor Removes Bikini From An Intestine During Surgery (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.