Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,197 members, 7,780,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:44 PM

Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 (78569 Views)

Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya / Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / MFM G.O ,dr DK Olukoya And His Wife Celebrate Their Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by GurlFriend: 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
See the firebrand General overseer of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, Dr Olukoya and his wife, Pastor Sade on their wedding day in 1986.

Just look at the beautiful wife, all giggles!! Dr Olukoya and his wife narrated how he proposed. It was a very straight to the point, MFM proposal. Lol.

Read after the cut

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/07/awwwcheckout-this-rare-photo-of-mfm-go.html

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by GurlFriend: 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Dr Olukoya:

I asked God for a woman who would want to work and fit into what God wanted me to do and the Lord brought her image. I wasn’t sleeping o. It wasn’t a dream, and God said “this is the woman”. Again, I prayed three times and got the same answer “ this is the woman”. That was my first testimony.

My father, who was a pastor also prayed. He had never seen her, but when he visited Lagos and saw her for the first time, he said “… this is the woman I saw too”.
It’s not a question of I feel led, or I think so, I heard and I saw before I took a step.

Pastor Mrs Sade Olukoya's account:

When I first met my husband, I was a chorister. I was very inexperienced and all I knew was to serve my God. I was brought up that way. He was then a music director who came to our church to improve the performance of the choir . We used to call him brother Daniel. There was really nothing on my mind than we had a nice brother who was coming to teach us in the choir. He was down to earth and straightforward. Anytime he came we enjoyed his teaching. We always wanted him around because we learned a lot from him; more than the songs he taught us.

That day, he called me and we were in a small room where we normally had our fellowship. He used to do his counseling there too. I was thinking within me when I heard he wanted to see me and I wondered oh my God, have I done anything wrong? What has the man of God got to say to me today?

I was on dry fasting as well trying to see a man of God. In preparation for that visit, I was praying and wondered oh God, what is this meeting all about?
Just as he writes his books, he’s a man of not too many words but action, backed up by the power of God. I’m not praising anyone, but I’m saying the truth from the bottom of my heart.

That day, he talked to me and he said, “God is laying it in my heart that you are my wife. Simple”. It was like I was in another planet trying to come back. Before I said anything, he just said to me, “you have enough time, you go and pray”.

When he visited, it was like an inquiry about what went on after the appointment. The result of my prayer and things like that. When I got to Ife, it was like God prepared that place for me to have a personal encounter on the issue. To me, it was a matter of life and death, because of our Christian background . We prayed over everything, committed everything into Gods hands. We didn’t do anything without hearing from God. For the first time in my life, we did marathon fasting. I fasted for 3 days just to ensure that I was getting it right.

Just to get a yes or no. While I was praying, I had the idea of having a very pleasant marriage and a man I can call my brother, my friend. True love comes from the heart . I prayed to the Lord that I didn’t want deceit, I didn’t want to make a mistake. I wanted a happy marriage and God confirmed his word. God confirmed it by showing a revelation to me. As an artist , I was able to do a sketch for my own future reference.
God showed him to me. I was actually presented to him. That was when I knew God had a hand in it. I was not really matured enough to say I heard God’s voice . God gave me that revelation and gave me witnesses as well to back it up. I prayed to God and I was happy. I had peace within me and I could see the future becoming bright.

I was confident that I was doing the right thing. I told him what the result of my prayers was and he asked when was my next birthday. I told him and he said to me, you share the same birthday with me. The relationship was not based on maybe because we shared the same birthday. We actually knew about that at that point in time. It made the relationship even more special to me and from there we started.

We attended prayer meetings together. At first, we were meeting on Tuesdays . Then he gave me topics to talk about .He was a very good moderator, and he gave me just10 minutes to speak on a particular topic. We discussed and we prayed together. We enjoyed every bit of our courtship.

We did not indulge in pre-marital sex. The courtship lasted about a year and a few months. Like I told you, before I got born again in 1974 the Lord had been helping me. I never got into trouble like other people did.. So, the question of temptation did not come in a way that most people talk about temptation now. When we meet, we are meeting on purpose to study the word, discuss and go.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/07/awwwcheckout-this-rare-photo-of-mfm-go.html

24 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by infogenius(m): 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
Lovely and inspiring testimony.
And together they have gone a long way and achieved a lot.
Together they have blessed mankind and generations.
This is simply the beauty of marriage.

Looking forward to when I and my wife will share ours too after historic feats too.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by Ishilove: 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
See baba Olukoya o!! cheesy

My favourite couple in the world! After my parents, of course tongue

How many people pray and fast before entering marriage?

No, they'd rather focus on uploading pictures on social media, elaborate, noisy proposals, meaningless pre-wedding photoshoots and printing fancy shirts with 'Save the Date' written on them, then after three months come to Nairaland to complain about their marriage.

If people use half the energy they expend on showing off for simple prayer and fasting to find out God's will for them concerning marriage, there won't be so many failed marriages today.

168 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by God2man(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
This is a front page topic.

Pls, Admin or moderators push it to the front page for the young generations to learn before taking one of the most important decision in life, marriage.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by Amberon11: 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
ooo
Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by maxwelloweezy(m): 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
Our daddy in the Lord my church where I worship GOD ALMIGHTY MFM MEMBERS LIKES

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by nikkypearl(f): 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
One in the few MOG in Nigeria...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by ychris: 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
This man of God has my respect anyday + anytime

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by willi926(m): 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
die by fire pastor.

4 Likes

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by gaburiel(m): 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
Where did the Afro go?
Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
let our old men learn from this instead of wasting their time campaigning for one mr nairaland. SMH

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ishilove:

No, they'd rather focus on uploading pictures on uploading pictures on social media, elaborate, noisy proposals, meaningless pre-wedding photoshoots and printing fancy shirts with 'Save the Date' written on them, then after three months come to Nairaland to complain about their marriage.

If people use half the energy the expend in showing off for simple prayer and fasting to find out God's will for them concerning marriage, there won't be so many failed marriages today.

Word.

I'm very touched by their account.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by mimicious(f): 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
my lovely G O

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by InfomejobsN: 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
angry

My Miracle is on the Way

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info

3 Likes

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by Odunharry(m): 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ishilove:

No, they'd rather focus on uploading pictures on uploading pictures on social media, elaborate, noisy proposals, meaningless pre-wedding photoshoots and printing fancy shirts with 'Save the Date' written on them, then after three months come to Nairaland to complain about their marriage.

If people use half the energy the expend in showing off for simple prayer and fasting to find out God's will for them concerning marriage, there won't be so many failed marriages today.
true ..

Ishilove I'm just descending from the mountain and the lord reveal to me you will be my wife..

7 Likes

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by GreatUniben: 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
God let our marriage be like this in Jesus name. If u claim it, click like and share

37 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by hotspec(m): 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
Op. are u sure it was dr wedding day? Why is d groom on suit, while d bride is on native?

1 Like

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by harrysjones(m): 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
i dear hw u doing
mimicious:
my lovely G O

2 Likes

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by taiwo05(m): 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
my Mentor

2 Likes

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by teemanbastos(m): 8:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ishilove:

Bros you no lie... Until men begin to seek God's guidance in marriage.. Marriages will continue to crash.
Marriages built on God nevee collapses.

6 Likes

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
I had a dream about a bat flying in my dreams, and under the wings d name 'Amokeme' was written...

Wat does it mean?? does it mean she is the one....??

1 Like

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by Rukkydelta(f): 8:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
hotspec:
Op. are u sure it was dr wedding day? Why is d groom on suit, while d bride is on native?
Lol
Thanks for that question
Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by fineyemi(m): 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
Wow!!! This is great. Am gonna intreat God to also show me my woman when the time comes
Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by mimicious(f): 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
harrysjones:
i dear hw u doing

am doing great. good pm
Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by jojosweet(f): 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ishilove:

I agree with you totally.m

2 Likes

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by harrysjones(m): 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
ok dear check ur pm dear
mimicious:

am doing great. good pm
Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by harrysjones(m): 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
hw has ur day been today dear
mimicious:

am doing great. good pm
Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by oyestephen(m): 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
My father, the chariot of Israel, and the husband man thereof
Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by popsonbj: 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
See the wife, no make-up yet still looking
beautiful. This is a model to ladies in the house
and out there, that need no make up before
you can look beautiful and get admired by potential
suitors!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 by Ekejoestar(m): 8:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
J

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Is Dead / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.