Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River (21903 Views)

Asuquo Ekpenyong: Meet Nela Duke's Husband-To-Be & Commissioner In Cross River / People Beheaded In Cross River Cult Attack (Graphic Photos) / Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
Third Republic Senator, Mr. Patrick Ani, has been kidnapped.

Information reaching THISDAY has it that Ani, who represented Cross River South Senatorial District on the platform of the defunct National Republican Convention (NRC), was kidnapped in his farm in Akpabuyo near Calabar on Wednesday.

Ani, who is the younger brother of former Nigeria’s finance minister,Anthony Ani, was allegedly picked up without any resistance from his farm by gunmen suspected to be militants that have been terrorising the southern part of the state.

Though the police in the state said they have no information about the kidnapping of Ani, it was gathered that a team of policemen went to his farm hours after information started filtering into town to the effect that he had been kidnapped.

It is strongly believed that the visit to his farm was in connection with the kidnapping of Ani who authored the “Fourth Force,” a discourse on current issues in Nigerian politics and nation-building, which regularly appeared as advertorial on several national newspapers.

Attempts to get any member of his family to comment on the kidnapping of the senator did not materialise, but a source, one of the workers in the farm, who pleaded not to be mentioned because he was not instructed to comment on the issue, confided that Ani was kidnapped on Wednesday in his farm in Akpabuyo, and added that a team of policemen visited the farm hours after the incident and interviewed the workers on the matter.

However, when contacted on the issue, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), in the state, Irene Ugbo, promised to make enquiries on the issue and get back to THISDAY. But up until press time, she never did.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/07/07/senator-patrick-ani-kidnapped-in-cross-river/
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by papinx(m): 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
Really, it seems to be getting worse day by day. A nation blessed with myriad of natural resources has to battle with various social vices ranging from corruption to terrorism. Kidnapping couldn't keep its nose from poking into the social affairs of the country too....

May God save us in this country.....

FTC....

check my signature by the way...

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by barackodam: 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Before twas a monarch, now a Senator, soon it'd be a Governor....... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Na that one go sweet pass grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by barackodam: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
papinx:
Really, it seems to be getting worse day by day. A nation blessed with myriad of natural resources has to battle with various social vices ranging from corruption to terrorism. Kidnapping couldn't keep its nose from poking into the social affairs of the country too....

FTC....

FTC??

Onto this kind matter?

I hail o!!!!! undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by tizblink: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
If this news is true and the police is still yet to make a statement bout it, we once again have to question the intelligence gathering unit of our military and paramilitary forces.

Things like these happen and it takes such a long time before an official statement is made.

Ah ahn! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by obongtunji: 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
No one is safe in this country. How did we even get here. ?

4 Likes

Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by pointstores(m): 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
it is well with my country
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by Hillzy(m): 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
I tot dis goons of a people said they are after no human's life, watsup wit dis kidnapping stuff abi they want to help the man wit farm tools nii?

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by haconjy(m): 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
bad n good
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by Beehshorp(m): 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
This is the best administration ever in the history of Nigeria.. Wahelse can I say

Abeg Nlanders keep pushing in the likes abeg today na my birthday

23 Likes

Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by dreamworld: 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
Na wao
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
I thought many people here on NL said the militants are fighting just causes; fighting for the people of SS.

But I dare say, these militants are extortive terrorists cum criminals, same criminals who will kidnap Senator will later also kidnap foreigners but kill their Nigerian drivers. Asari, Tompolo-boys-defy-buhari-vows, Boyloaf have become overnight billionaires, how much has that affected the average Niger Deltan?

With all these above, they still want the International Oil Companies to locate their headquarters in the SS so that they can kidnap there.

This is my prophecy to those who support their illegalities, I hope the day one of your relatives get kidnapped by the same militants, you'd still have the mouths to say they are fighting just cause.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by Btruth: 9:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
Royal rumble.
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by ademoladeji(m): 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
Boko Crude Oil at rampage!!!
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by emeijeh(m): 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
G.
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by Vendoor(f): 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Please where are we really heading to in this country embarassed
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by viqSmallz(m): 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Revolution!! let them feel the.brunt

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by Hillzy(m): 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
ayobami40:

i beg wat do u want
D guy mata tire me self
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by manuel80(m): 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
These militants are really crossing the line. Someone contact the CTU
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by shamecurls(m): 9:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
Instead of the Niger-Delta avengers to be bombing the whole South-South and South-East, They re busy kidnapping. Oh my God. These Avengers should have grounded the region economically and socially by now so that Buhari in Abuja can really know they re pained and bitter.

Instead of Bombing bridges, hospitals and pipelines in the South-South and South-East, They re busy kidnapping.

Lazy men

11 Likes

Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by mopolch(m): 9:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
Although say Na Buhari cause am, make Police go rescue the man.

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
The way life flows in this country is quite hilarious, a poor man is fasting and praying to climb the class ladder mean while the rich are scared to the bone because there's no security to protect him at the top of the ladder. By the way I this act, wht is bad is bad irrespective of the point one is trying to prove.
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by Skelewu: 9:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
Wild wild South.
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by banmee(m): 9:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
papinx:

FTC....

You talk as if these "social vices" just decided to invite themselves into the Nigerian way of life. Nigerians invited them. Even nurtured them. Now they protect those vices.
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by ANBAKO: 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
I initially thought he is a sitting senator.
How I wish these kidnappers unleash their "wrath" on our politicians so that they can better understand the plight of the populace on insecurity and poor state of the nation

Do good for good to come your way!!!

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by dedons: 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
We all know what the demonic APC party can do.

I hate EVIL.
I hate APC.

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by Benblaq(m): 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
Vendoor:
Please where are we really heading to in this country embarassed
so dnt dnt knw? Okaay i'll tel u

we r heading to d middle of ur thighs *something good awaits us der*
Re: Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River by kushma(m): 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
Find out the people that really kidnapped him because I believe this media propaganda.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Aisha Buhari's Impostor, 'amina Villa' Duped Chicason Of N150 Million / Ondo 2020: Jegede Names Gboluga Ikengboju and Banke Sutton For Deputy Slot / Senate Set To Sanction Ndume Over “unparliamentary Comments "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.