Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Dog Chronicles - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Chronicles (42078 Views)

Dog Chronicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:27am On Jan 28, 2017
Iheazy:
This is cool.. Bravo!!!

Thank you.
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:28am On Jan 28, 2017
rayforjay:
That is true,she is sure a good writer.Don't even want d chronicles to finish.Am just wowed about her stories.

Many thanks. Dog Chronicles continue next week.
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:29am On Jan 28, 2017
multibalotel:
u just made my day ma'am. Thanks for showing dogs all the love and care they deserve.... gracias

I'm glad I made your day. Thank you too for reading.
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:30am On Jan 28, 2017
HyDef:
I love dogs. When i was much younger, I wanted to be a vet. It's great to see the work you are doing. Keep it up. smiley

Many Thanks
Re: Dog Chronicles by ChiefSweetus: 12:30am On Jan 28, 2017
AMAZING thread! Accept my highest regards, Doctor..

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:32am On Jan 28, 2017
kechywillz:
I love dogs alot,but I don't have one,when I will be ready to buy one, I'll contact you Doc...More especially those little hairy ones

The Toy Breeds? Yes, yes no problem at all. Thank you.
Whenever you are ready please contact me via:
Email: gliters4jc@yahoo.com
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Dog Chronicles by mercytripletz: 12:33am On Jan 28, 2017
Wow.. I so much Love this!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:33am On Jan 28, 2017
ChiefSweetus:
AMAZING thread! Accept my highest regards, Doctor..

I'm honoured to. Many thanks.
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:34am On Jan 28, 2017
mercytripletz:
Wow.. I so much Love this!!!!!!!

Thanks cheesy
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:39am On Jan 28, 2017
raphy:
I have never seen a woman so passionate about her job like this my God .. cheesy I love dogs so much I have not gotten any yet but am plannin to buy soon.they are better than a security guard at your house at night.5 wicked dogs in your compound can be a treat to robbers at night.

So thanks fir sharing your joy with dogs to us.uiu must have schooled outside I guess.nice job

Your words warm my heart. Thank you so much. And FYI, I studied at the Prestigious University of Ibadan (UI) grin
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:40am On Jan 28, 2017
Aywire:
Amazing, simply amazing...

Thank you grin
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:41am On Jan 28, 2017
soath:
#WehdoneSir

grin grin grin
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:42am On Jan 28, 2017
teejaypee:
wow wow wow!

So glad to be here!

I can't wait to start practicing too though ...

Drgbaks, great job...

Glad you are inspired. smiley wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:43am On Jan 28, 2017
DocAdray:
Great job doc, making our noble profession proud and, you write well too... Keep up the good work!
A.B.U. DVM (2013)

Thank you dear colleague.

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by beewhy009(m): 1:24am On Jan 28, 2017
Great work doc, keep it up. Btw i have some questions that I don't still seem to get an answer to after i lost Tessy(It was 6 weeks old) and the VET failed yo convince me enough. When it clocked 6 weeks and 2 days, i took it to the Vet as his first time visit as i was told earlier by the VET to come. He was given 1 shot of DLHPP, an injection to treat a bacterial infection as was told(cuz of watery eyes), treated with a chemical for ticks and also given one other vaccine injection (can't remember its name). I took the dog home afterwards and by evening he kinda lost appetite. By morning, he ate a little and i went out. I was later called while still out that he has vomited more than thrice already and he got so weak he couldn't stand up nor even sit. Then i was rushing back home to see it and meanwhile i had called the VET since he started vomiting but he said he will get to normal or call back after a while. When i got back home, i met my pup having seizures and it was such a gory state. I quickly drove down with him to see the VET and i was told he was showing signs of poisoning. Either food poisoning, snake / even scorpion bites. He was given an injection(to stop the probably poison effecta) after getting some drips earlier on and i was told to leave it. Yet the dog was still on the ground with no improvement, still having the seizures, off balance, head rolling and hypersalivating. I left and went home amidst tears and prayers but i received the bombshell by 9.am the following morning of his demise. I now asked the VET if it was as a result of vaccine failure that i lost my dog but he said NO. I lost tessy under unclear circumstances and it hurts. If you have any possible observation as to why i lost him, explain to me please...

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 2:59am On Jan 28, 2017
beewhy009:
Great work doc, keep it up. Btw i have some questions that I don't still seem to get an answer to after i lost Tessy(It was 6 weeks old) and the VET failed yo convince me enough. When it clocked 6 weeks and 2 days, i took it to the Vet as his first time visit as i was told earlier by the VET to come. He was given 1 shot of DLHPP, an injection to treat a bacterial infection as was told(cuz of watery eyes), treated with a chemical for ticks and also given one other vaccine injection (can't remember its name). I took the dog home afterwards and by evening he kinda lost appetite. By morning, he ate a little and i went out. I was later called while still out that he has vomited more than thrice already and he got so weak he couldn't stand up nor even sit. Then i was rushing back home to see it and meanwhile i had called the VET since he started vomiting but he said he will get to normal or call back after a while. When i got back home, i met my pup having seizures and it was such a gory state. I quickly drove down with him to see the VET and i was told he was showing signs of poisoning. Either food poisoning, snake / even scorpion bites. He was given an injection(to stop the probably poison effecta) after getting some drips earlier on and i was told to leave it. Yet the dog was still on the ground with no improvement, still having the seizures, off balance, head rolling and hypersalivating. I left and went home amidst tears and prayers but i received the bombshell by 9.am the following morning of his demise. I now asked the VET if it was as a result of vaccine failure that i lost my dog but he said NO. I lost tessy under unclear circumstances and it hurts. If you have any possible observation as to why i lost him, explain to me please...

Hmmmm... . Tessy's passing was so sad and unfortunate. I sympathize with you.

From reading your surmise, I can only give an informed conjecture. But before I do that, let me clarify somethings.

1. DHLPP is a vaccine given to prevent 5 diseases: Canine Distemper; Hepatitis; Leptospirosis (which is Bacterial in nature and the only one which is); Parainflenza and Parvovirus. All of these apart from the one italized above are viral diseases.

2. The DHLPP Vaccine ideally should be given at 8weeks of age NOT 6 weeks. Sometimes in Nigeria, veterinarians give to puppies (whose dams (mothers) are of uncertain vaccination history) earlier than 8weeks to provide protection after maternity antibodies might have waned off. This should not be the norm.

Back to my conjecture, It's likely your dog had insecticide toxicity. How do I mean? At 6 weeks, the chemical used on Tessy to kill the ticks could have been too strong leading to those signs you saw hypersalivating, vomiting, weakness, seizures, tremors etc.
Also, because Tessy was earlier vaccinated that day; her immune system would have been temporary weakened, making it easier for her to succumb to the effects of the toxicity and eventually death.

It's also highly probable that she was somehow in contact with some insecticide poison (e.g sniper) after getting home from the vet.

A lot of possibilities really.
Only a post mortem immediately afterwards (including detailed history) could have given you the answers you seek.

P.S: Please always ensure your vet is a trained, qualified, experienced and registered veterinarian with the Nigerian Veterinary Medical Assocation(NVMA) and Veterinary Council of Nigeria (VCN). Ask for his/her registration number.
There are so many quacks out there disparaging our profession.

Hope I have been able to answer your questions somewhat?

Once again, accept my deep sympathies.

9 Likes

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 3:25am On Jan 28, 2017
Sacluxpaint:
How much is a dobberman pinscher going for?

Ask Osomegbe. He has high quality imported dobberman pinschers.
Re: Dog Chronicles by raphy(m): 5:25am On Jan 28, 2017
cheesy really so ui are now bringing out great vet.oh that must be a miracle from Nigeria .so you school in Nigeria and put what yu learn into good use.then you are untop of ya job.so I wish you all the best in ya job.am a good dog handler I know how to quiet a barking dog.and make friends with them. That's one of my special gift I Pocess grin author=drgbaks post=53193432]

Your words warm my heart. Thank you so much. And FYI, I studied at the Prestigious University of Ibadan (UI) grin[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Dog Chronicles by raphy(m): 5:53am On Jan 28, 2017
Good morning sister and happy weekend
I wanted to ask you this but I forgot.what are the real reason they cut off some dogs tails.some people said it makes them to get wicked is it true? Were am working they got two tailess dogs very wicked.they rotweller male n female.the female very wicked have calm her down this new yr with new tricks.they are always cage. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by Damoxy(m): 7:14am On Jan 28, 2017
drgbaks:

Hopefully, you do get one, someday. smiley
Yes o, i can't wait to settle down

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by beautycrush24(f): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2017
wow drgbaks......I luv u already. #NoHomo

Please kindly treat this question. What do you know about American Eskimos? are they generally stubborn? What do you have to say about one always sneaking out of the house when no one is watching and coming back home hours later?

Note that he's never in chains.
Re: Dog Chronicles by tblackE61(m): 8:00am On Jan 28, 2017
Hello vet! Ur dog chronicles are great, apart from been a vet u will make a good writer. However I av a question vet and I would appriciate if u can help respond to it.

I have this 7 month dobber×rot miss I bought, the dog at seven month I beleived he should be bigger than the way it is now, the most annoying part is that my dog is just too friendly he plays alot, he is not territorial at all. He plays with strangers and always scared to the extent that when I take him for a walk local dogs pursue him . Av been thinking srsly of selling the dog out because i av tried all my possible best to make him less friendly but all prove abortive, I have tried caging him always and chaning him still yet nothing to show up. Pls do u know of any tactics I could use to make him a little bit aggressive and territorial. A pic of the dog is attached below

Re: Dog Chronicles by akigbemaru: 8:29am On Jan 28, 2017
Dog
Re: Dog Chronicles by benzics(m): 8:43am On Jan 28, 2017
tblackE61:
Hello vet! Ur dog chronicles are great, apart from been a vet u will make a good writer. However I av a question vet and I would appriciate if u can help respond to it.

I have this 7 month dobber×rot miss I bought, the dog at seven month I beleived he should be bigger than the way it is now, the most annoying part is that my dog is just too friendly he plays alot, he is not territorial at all. He plays with strangers and always scared to the extent that when I take him for a walk local dogs pursue him . Av been thinking srsly of selling the dog out because i av tried all my possible best to make him less friendly but all prove abortive, I have tried caging him always and chaning him still yet nothing to show up. Pls do u know of any tactics I could use to make him a little bit aggressive and territorial. A pic of the dog is attached below
Lol bro, your case is funny... Though I had similar problems with my dog, when she was young(months of age), she was extremely friendly, she doesn't even bark, but as she grew up, she became aggressive, I do leave her inside, I don't allow her outside for walks or anything.. now she is very territorial but still scared, she do bark and hide behind her cage..

But whenever I open the gate, she chases anyone she sees, to an extent she even bit someone, Now we don't allow her outside..

So just reduce playing with your dog, don't allow her outside too much, feed her twice daily (morning and night), or even once(at night), your dog should be naturally aggressive since it has rott blood grin .. continue this routine, in no time it will start showing aggressive behaviors cool

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by tblackE61(m): 9:57am On Jan 28, 2017
benzics:

Lol bro, your case is funny... Though I had similar problems with my dog, when she was young(months of age), she was extremely friendly, she doesn't even bark, but as she grew up, she became aggressive, I do leave her inside, I don't allow her outside for walks or anything.. now she is very territorial but still scared, she do bark and hide behind her cage..

But whenever I open the gate, she chases anyone she sees, to an extent she even bit someone, Now we don't allow her outside..

So just reduce playing with your dog, don't allow her outside too much, feed her twice daily (morning and night), or even once(at night), your dog should be naturally aggressive since it has rott blood grin .. continue this routine, in no time it will start showing aggressive behaviors cool

Bro no be small thing! The shit is just so annoying that I don't even give the dog much attention again, might even sell him off anytime soon. I have tried all this techniques but it just doesn't work. Imagine a local dog pursing a dog I spent my hard earn money on . #sad

6 Likes

Re: Dog Chronicles by nadalion: 10:00am On Jan 28, 2017
I'm just loving the feeling your stories bring. Please if it's not much of a bother, I'll like to see you throw in a few tips once in a while ON ANY SUBJECT regarding did (how to groom, care, etc) for would be owners of dogs.
Good job, keep it up.

3 Likes

Re: Dog Chronicles by mercytripletz: 10:23am On Jan 28, 2017
Dear Doctor, I so much love your write-ups. You are such a great professional..

Can you tell your readers things about yourself? Stuffs like How you came to have passion for animals. like, was it from young-age or
What are your Hobbies? Have you gotten awards yet?(Because you should really have many awards oo.)
You mentioned finishing from UI. how much I love UI,always producing intelligent graduates... have you ever had challenges studying Vet.Med in UI? When did you graduate?

please please tell us so many things

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dog Chronicles by AntiWailer: 10:32am On Jan 28, 2017
tblackE61:

funny dog, i love him already.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Chronicles by benzics(m): 10:38am On Jan 28, 2017
tblackE61:

Bro no be small thing! The shit is just so annoying that I don't even give the dog much attention again, might even sell him off anytime soon. I have tried all this techniques but it just doesn't work. Imagine a local dog pursing a dog I spent my hard earn money on . #sad
lol grin grin grin

Is it your first time owning a dog?
Re: Dog Chronicles by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 28, 2017
drgbaks:

Ask Osomegbe. He has high quality imported dobberman pinschers.

Please I don't know who that is.

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by Lildreezy(m): 11:00am On Jan 28, 2017
tblackE61:

lol I had a similar experience with my BB. She is now a beast and terror to the street. Brindle with brown and black shot dull eyes and intimidating canines. She became aggressive when she whelped

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by Oluseye20: 11:02am On Jan 28, 2017
AntiWailer:

That is a Lhasa.

They look very much alike though.

Very confusing breeds.

I'll agree only when I see a clearer picture. I own both Lhasa and Bichon Frisé so I know them well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Remember My Caucasian Pup. Well He's A Man Now / Guys, My Ekuke Gave Birth (Tomorrow Is The Naming) / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.