Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Dog Chronicles - Pets (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Chronicles (42056 Views)

Dog Chronicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:23am On Jan 06, 2018
Thank you everyone for your kind words!

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by ksquare44(m): 10:13am On Jan 06, 2018
drgbaks:
Thank you everyone for your kind words!

Please how can someone reach you now that you are not in Nigeria anymore?

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by DipoAy(m): 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2018
sad this is how we loose our good docs in Nigeria leaving us with the quacks ..Our economy really needs to become favourable.. God be with you doc and all your endeavors

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Chronicles by SavageRebel(m): 1:28am On Jan 07, 2018
buharisbae:

hehe don't lie u were scared when he was running towards u grin

bros if na u.... u no go fear..... ??
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 3:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
ksquare44:

Please how can someone reach you now that you are not in Nigeria anymore?

Hello,

I can be reached via email: drgbaksthevet@gmail.com

Thank You!
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
DipoAy:
sad this is how we loose our good docs in Nigeria leaving us with the quacks ..Our economy really needs to become favourable.. God be with you doc and all your endeavors

Amen. Thank You
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
SavageRebel:

bros if na u.... u no go fear..... ??

grin
Re: Dog Chronicles by ksquare44(m): 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2018
drgbaks:

Hello,

I can be reached via email: drgbaksthevet@gmail.com

Thank You!

OK thanks a lot doctor

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 2:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
Dog Chronicles is back tomorrow!

It gives me so much pleasure to be able to write that above.

One of the feedbacks I got from the first compilation was about how good a doctor I am. While I always endeavour to try my best, I cannot claim that I've never made mistakes or that I have always given the right diagnoses or known the right course of treatment.

I hope with this Second Compilation of Dog Chronicles, I'm able to make you see the struggles that many good even great veterinarians go through to resolve a case and how we depend on one another. For no one is a compendium of all knowledge.

And that even though we make mistakes, we are human after all!

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2018
Dog Chronicles: The Dog With The Red Nose [The Second Compilation]

Have you ever had clients who doubted your ability to deliver right off the bat? That was the case with Jack’s handlers.

Jack came to us on a referral. He had been treated unsuccessfully for weeks before being finally referred to our clinic. My boss, my colleague and I did a thorough examination of him and determined our diagnosis and course of treatment...

READ MORE ON THE BLOG

https://www.drgbaksthevet.com/2018/01/18/dog-chronicles-dog-red-nose/

Re: Dog Chronicles by ksquare44(m): 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2018
drgbaks:
Dog Chronicles: The Dog With The Red Nose [The Second Compilation]

Have you ever had clients who doubted your ability to deliver right off the bat? That was the case with Jack’s handlers.

Jack came to us on a referral. He had been treated unsuccessfully for weeks before being finally referred to our clinic. My boss, my colleague and I did a thorough examination of him and determined our diagnosis and course of treatment...

READ MORE ON THE BLOG
M
https://www.drgbaksthevet.com/2018/01/18/dog-chronicles-dog-red-nose/

Hmmmm I am following doc

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by Mccollins042(m): 7:14am On Feb 01, 2018
Abra4real:

Is that really a mongrel? Our vet identified this dog in the picture below as mongrel. Maybe it's a mixed breed.
it certainly has a Lhasa in it blood
Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2018
5 STEPS TO PREVENT PARVOVIRUS

I've recently come across many outcries on social media about the current outbreak of Parvovirus infection in Nigeria. It's a topic I've always wanted to address and I think this presents the perfect opportunity to do so.

In today's blog post I highlight 5 steps (maybe more wink) a dog owner should take to prevent this deadly disease from claiming his/her dogs.

Even though this post is mainly targeted at first-time dog owners, I believe there are some  nuggets for experienced breeders and owners alike.

Have a read and let me know what you think. The post is linked below:

https://www.drgbaksthevet.com/2018/02/01/5-steps-to-prevent-parvovirus/

Re: Dog Chronicles by caspervenice(m): 6:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
doctor.. doctor oooo.... please I want to abort my dog pregnancy which drug will do the work...
Re: Dog Chronicles by JoinMarco: 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2018
drgbaks:

Hi,
Sincere apologies for this late response.

From my experience, dog ear wounds can be frustrating to deal with. This is because it takes forever to heal ( that's if it does). So I know where you are.

The reason your dog keeps scratching the wound is because it's healing. Unfortunatley, this act inhibits the healing process and opens up the scab that has aleardy been formed leaving a fresh wound in its wake.

My recommendation is that you get a fly repellent plus healing oil and spray several times a day to keep the flies away and aid wound healing. Also, (if you are successful and your dog doesn't tear it off the first day), get an Elizabethan Collar and keep it on your dog for the duration of the wound healing. This will prevent your dog from being able to reach his ears.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Ohhhh... I just saw this as I was going through my mentions .. Thanks for ur input. I opted for another remedy and it worked fantastically. I didn't need to do all what u wrote ( I don't think I would have been able anyway).
I met a locally trained vet (someone with years of dog experience) and he told me what he did. It was easy and cheap. I could share it with u if u are interested. Though I don't think it's something a professional should do.
Re: Dog Chronicles by nadalion: 1:56pm On May 15, 2018
JoinMarco:

Ohhhh... I just saw this as I was going through my mentions .. Thanks for ur input. I opted for another remedy and it worked fantastically. I didn't need to do all what u wrote ( I don't think I would have been able anyway).
I met a locally trained vet (someone who years of dog experience) and he told me what he did. It was easy and cheap. I could share it with u if u are interested. Though I don't think it's something a professional should do.
Please share, I'd like to know how you solved the problem.

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by JoinMarco: 3:46pm On May 22, 2018
To everyone:
What I did was.......

Get a bottle(can, rubber )of condemned oil(used engine oil). This can be gotten from Mechanic's workshop or ur Gen engine oil.
Get a pack of cotton wool.

Apply d oil with d cotton wool on the surface.
This helps drives d flies away.
They won't perch on the injury allowing it to heal properly.

Do this twice a day at first (depends on the severity)
Then once a day when it has reduced.
Once in two days and so on.
Discontinue once the surface is dried up.
Re-apply once it continues to bleed again(due to play or scratching ) or u notice flies perching.

Do not try dis on humans or any other animal.

It worked perfectly with my three dogs. All their injuries have healed. You will only notice d stain of the oil wen it has healed.

I know it will work for you guys. If u have any further questions just mention me. Later.

Modified :
Chain the dogs(during the day) if you have more than one.
It helps the ear heal properly because they won't be able to play which prevents it from bleeding again.
Re: Dog Chronicles by Jungpablo: 4:39pm On May 22, 2018
JoinMarco:
To everyone:
What I did was.......

Get a bottle(can, rubber )of condemned oil(used engine oil). This can be gotten from Mechanic's workshop or ur Gen engine oil.

Re-apply once it continues to bleed again(due to play or scratching ) or u notice flies perching.

It worked perfectly with my three dogs. All their injuries have healed. You will only notice d stain of the oil wen it has healed.

I know it will work for you guys. If u have any further questions just mention me. Later.

injury to the ear is always frustrating for every dog owner thanks for the tip
Re: Dog Chronicles by JoinMarco: 12:08pm On May 25, 2018
Jungpablo:

injury to the ear is always frustrating for every dog owner thanks for the tip
Really frustrating ooo

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by drgbaks(f): 3:44pm On May 28, 2018
JoinMarco:
To everyone:
What I did was.......

Materials may differ but the principle is still the same. The ear injury wouldn't have healed if you didn't repeat this process several times daily for a number of days.

All the same, I'm glad to hear that your dogs are fine now.
Re: Dog Chronicles by JoinMarco: 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2018
drgbaks:

Materials may differ but the principle is still the same. The ear injury wouldn't have healed if you didn't repeat this process several times daily for a number of days.

All the same, I'm glad to hear that your dogs are fine now.
You are right. Always the same.

1 Like

Re: Dog Chronicles by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2019
dipoay:
this is how we loose our good docs in Nigeria leaving us with the quacks ..Our economy really needs to become favourable.. God be with you doc and all your endeavors

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Funaab Dogs Show / Remember My Caucasian Pup. Well He's A Man Now / Guys, My Ekuke Gave Birth (Tomorrow Is The Naming)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.