Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Nigerian Man Who Fled Boko Haram Beaten To Death In Italy Defending His Wife - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Who Fled Boko Haram Beaten To Death In Italy Defending His Wife (586 Views)

Man Who Fled Over Fulani Herdsmen Attacked On Returning To His Village (Graphic) / Boyfriend's Lips Bitten Off While Defending His Girlfriend Against Abuser (Photo / Woman Dies After Husband Beat Her While Defending His Lover In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Who Fled Boko Haram Beaten To Death In Italy Defending His Wife by BomboyOnline: 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
A Nigerian man who had recently fled to Europe to escape Boko Haram militants was beaten to death on the streets of Italy this week as he tried to defend his wife against racist abuse.

Emmanuel Chidi Namdi, 36, and his wife Chimiary, 24, were walking through the northern Italian town of Fermo on Tuesday when a man called Chimiary a “monkey” and tried to grab her, according to local priest Vinicio Albanesi, a friend of the couple.

Namdi intervened, and the resulting fight left him in a coma. He was pronounced dead on Wednesday.

Amedeo Mancini, a 38-year-old Italian man who is part of an “ultras” gang of extremist soccer fans, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of killing Namdi. Mancini told investigators that he’d insulted the couple because he thought they were stealing a car, and he claimed that he’d acted in self defense after Namdi attacked him, HuffPost Italy reported.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nigerian-refugee-killed-italy-emmanuel-chidi-namdi_us_577e9e10e4b0c590f7e8702f

Re: Nigerian Man Who Fled Boko Haram Beaten To Death In Italy Defending His Wife by lifezone247(m): 11:33pm On Jul 07, 2016
RIP Chidi.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Fled Boko Haram Beaten To Death In Italy Defending His Wife by Onix01: 11:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
When you fabricate story to exit Nigeria for greener pastures. Wetin concern Boko-haram with an IPOB. May his Soul Rest in Peace.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Fled Boko Haram Beaten To Death In Italy Defending His Wife by AlPeter: 1:08am On Jul 08, 2016
Onix01:
When you fabricate story to exit Nigeria for greener pastures. Wetin concern Boko-haram with an IPOB. May his Soul Rest in Peace.
grow up dude. Most u always be so pathetic what has tribe get to do with this. I you don't have anything to write read and go. A man died for a silly reason which is no faults of his and u are here. Acting like a child pls grow up. PS I don't support biadra or ipad
Re: Nigerian Man Who Fled Boko Haram Beaten To Death In Italy Defending His Wife by NRepublic: 3:13am On Jul 08, 2016
This is a repost from another thread:
Thanks for posting this. This is really sad.

I read this on the NY times paper and was pissed about the headline. it read “Killing of Nigerian Asylum Seeker Stuns and Saddens Italy”

I get people can be sad but it is a bit insensitive to the family. Feels like Italy is sad and stunned to be seen as racists when the focus should be on the family that just lost a Husband, Father, Son, Uncle, Cousin.

http://www.naijarepublic.com/killing-of-nigerian-asylum-seeker-who-was-with-his-family-is-sad/

(1) (Reply)

30 Years Imprisonment If You Marry An Under Aged. / Avengers Not In South West —gani Adams / PHOTO: My Pastor Pushed Me To Sell Stolen Car – Suspect Nabbed By RRS Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.