Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating (46820 Views)

Cheating Wives Said To Be Far Deadlier Than Cheating Men. True Or False. / 12 Things That Are More Harmful Than Cheating / 6 Things That Kill Your Relationship Faster Than Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Itannooluwa(f): 7:26am On Jul 08, 2016
Many people believe the ultimate thing that could kill a relationship is cheating; couples are so conscious of this act they feel it would be difficult to move on with the relationship once a party is guilty of that offence.

Oblivious to this, there are many things that could make a couple split and infidelity may never be raised in cases like that. We all know the dangers involved with cheating and the consequences that may follow. The people involved feel betrayed and may not be able to put that behind them for a while.

However, some relationships do break even without the people involved being caught in a cheating web. Certain issues could give the same end result cheating would give if the relationship is not effectively managed.

Find below some of the other things that could kill your relationship aside from cheating:

1. Lack of courtesy

In relationships, people of different backgrounds and doctrines often come together as one. You really do not expect your partner to think like you or act like you; perfection in a relationship is a feat many would consider unattainable.

In view of this, there would be misunderstandings, arguments and fights; you should learn to apologize when the fault is yours and let go even when it is not. Using the words thank you, sorry and please will help your relationship a great deal. No one wants to be trampled in a relationship; if you treat your partner as dirt, he or she may be forced to leave.

2. Misplaced priorities

This is another thing that could kill a relationship; many people do not know what to do at the right time. In relationships, you should learn to set your priorities right.

Some would rather invest their time in pressing phones when they ought to spend quality time with their partners. When your partner starts to feel like he is not so important in your life, the relationship is heading for the rocks.

3. Lack of trust

This is totally different from infidelity; when your partner cannot vouch for you in a relationship, then it is bad. You should be able to predict to an extent the things your partner can do and the places he or she would visit.

This is the foundation of most relationships, if the foundation is faulty or shaky, the relationship you have built will definitely break.

4. Treating your partner with contempt

Fingers are not equal; your partner could be more talented than you are, he or she could be richer or more famous than you. If you work this into your attitude when relating with the other person, it could kill your relationship.

Normally, you should complement each other and be a source of strength to one another. But when your partner is a bully who derives pleasure in taunting you with his or her success and achievements, it would kill your relationship before you know it.

5. Immaturity
A relationship whereby a party resorts to being childish when problems spring up can never work out. Some people do not know how to handle certain situations and they end up messing it up the more.

A partner who starts to call his or her partner all sorts of names when they fight lacks is not a mature person. Name calling is bad for anyone and it would kill that relationship before you know it; ‘Miss know it all’, ‘I too know’ and ‘Mr. perfect’ are names you should never call your partner.

6. Lack of communication

e your partner may constantly frustrate your effort when you try to reach out to her, you should never stop talking. The moment there is a break in communication that relationship is as good as over.

Talk, talk and keep talking; do not hold back when it is time to relate with your partner. Many relationships have broken as a result of lack

https://www.naij.com/834805-6-things-kill-relationship-faster-cheating.html

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by jonaifame22(m): 7:29am On Jul 08, 2016
No sex before marriage.

Love of money more than commitment.

Waka waka frm bed 2 bed.

Listening to dem say dem say.

Death of a partner.

inability to satisfy ur partner

Dis is my 2 cents cool

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 08, 2016
When it's boring kills it faster. Spice it up.

Op, paragraph your write up, it's kinda rough

1 Like

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Taiyescott(m): 7:33am On Jul 08, 2016
K, Hateu2 i c u!!

3 Likes

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Cutehector(m): 7:35am On Jul 08, 2016
It's not a must every day has to b lively in a relationship.

All these small girls and their ways of thinking.

11 Likes

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by sirusX(m): 7:43am On Jul 08, 2016
Four things come to mind...

1. When you stop doing the things you did with love and eagerness when you were trying to woo your partner.

2. When you change your character after you feel you have gotten your partner in a relationship or marriage.

3. When you fail to make a proper work - life balance, and something else becomes your priority over your partner.

4. When talks between partners becomes a routine, and you stop giving the wonderful surprises your partner needs, especially when they least expect it.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 08, 2016
Taiyescott:
K, Hateeu2 i c u!!
I sight you too wink
Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by VampireeM(f): 8:11am On Jul 08, 2016
sirusX:
Four things come to mind...

1. When you stop doing the things you did with love and eagerness when you were trying to woo your partner.

2. When you change your character after you feel you have gotten your partner in a relationship or marriage.

3. When you fail to make a proper work - life balance, and something else becomes your priority over your partner.

4. When talks between partners becomes a routine, and you stop giving the wonderful surprises your partner needs, especially when they least expect it.

Spot On and Better than Op's List! Dunno why most men are guilty of your No. 1
For me if I complain and you aint making adjustments, then it means i'm free to Act As I Please cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:40am On Jul 08, 2016
Everybody is now a relationship adviser.. undecided undecided

People who can't even save their's, forming Doctor relationship angry

14 Likes

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by tianaevent(f): 8:53am On Jul 08, 2016
Listening to hear say
Lack of trust
Trying g to change your partner
Expecting to much
Being to clingy ,give each other sometime out

3 Likes

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by sirusX(m): 9:14am On Jul 08, 2016
VampireeM:

Spot On and Better than Op's List! Dunno why most men are guilty of your No. 1
For me if I complain and you aint making adjustments, then it means i'm free to Act As I Please cool

Hmmm...I wouldn't say better than the Op's list, but it rather adds/complements what she wrote.

I have been in a relationship that turned sour, so I can definitely relate to her words.

As for your comment...acting free shouldn't mean doing different, rather feel free to be yourself despite what others do. Don't let anyone determine how you act even if they don't reciprocate

1 Like

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by VampireeM(f): 9:22am On Jul 08, 2016
sirusX:

Hmmm...I wouldn't say better than the Op's list, but it rather adds/complements what she wrote.

I have been in a relationship that turned sour, so I can definitely relate to her words.

As for your comment...acting free shouldn't mean doing different, rather feel free to be yourself despite what others do. Don't let anyone determine how you act even if they don't reciprocate

lol. I meant for e.g; free to keep other partners should it please me cool
Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Taiyescott(m): 9:25am On Jul 08, 2016
HateU2:
I sight you too wink
morning, hw ur side?
Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by faruz: 9:38am On Jul 08, 2016
Noted.
Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Lucario007(m): 9:46am On Jul 08, 2016
HateU2:
When it's boring kills it faster. Spice it up.
Op, paragraph your write up, it's kinda rough

Boredom can kill a relationship so rapidly that it's not even like you break up. Because it never felt like you were dating in the first place.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 08, 2016
Lucario007:

Boredom can kill a relationship so rapidly that it's not even like you break up. Because it never felt like you were dating in the first place.
I'm telling you.
Boring relationship is the worst.
Couples get too comfortable with each other that they spend almost their time 2geda in d room. Why cant they spice it up? Movies? Game malls? Picnics? Clubs? Or worst get drunk inside d room and have a nice tym.
Boring relationship kills relationship.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by ayooladee(f): 9:55am On Jul 08, 2016
mtchwwwsw relationship is really absurd angry be yourself and live longer cool

3 Likes

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Lucario007(m): 9:58am On Jul 08, 2016
HateU2:
I'm telling you.
Boring relationship is the worst.
Couples get too comfortable with each other that they spend almost their time 2geda in d room. Why cant they spice it up? Movies? Game malls? Picnics? Clubs? Or worst get drunk inside d room and have a nice tym.
Boring relationship kills relationship.
True, but it depends on both the people and the budget. Some people feel that the perfect relationship is sitting in a room with your gf, playing video games with each other and eating pizza. Others feel that the perfect relationship is going out on romantic evenings and candle light dinners.
So knowing your partner can also be a determining factor in the issue of boredom.

7 Likes

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by faruz: 10:01am On Jul 08, 2016
tianaevent:
Listening to hear say Lack of trust Trying g to change your partner Expecting to much Being to clingy ,give each other sometime out
spot on........
Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 08, 2016
Lucario007:

True, but it depends on both the people and the budget. Some people feel that the perfect relationship is sitting in a room with your gf, playing video games with each other and eating pizza. Others feel that the perfect relationship is going out on romantic evenings and candle light dinners.
So knowing your partner can also be a determining factor in the issue of boredom.
Well, personally it depends on my mood. I'm not really the 'outing type' and that's why I wish for the outing type of guy.

I'm not saying the outing should be 'everydayy, every week or every month' self. I'm just saying when the boredom is setting in, they should spice it up.

Boredom kills

3 Likes

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Taiyescott(m): 10:10am On Jul 08, 2016
HateU2:
Well, personally it depends on my mood. I'm not really the 'outing type' and that's why I wish for the outing type of guy.

I'm not saying the outing should be 'everydayy, every week or every month' self. I'm just saying when the boredom is setting in, they should spice it up.

Boredom kills
am wit u Bae, Lets spice it up.. letz go "Chopping" 2day! *winks*
Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by brunofarad(m): 11:05am On Jul 08, 2016
Following
Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by johntaiwo123(m): 11:05am On Jul 08, 2016
K
Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 08, 2016
ok
Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Tedofficial(m): 11:05am On Jul 08, 2016
Playing bad music will kill your relationship...

Listen to this when with her...
Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 08, 2016
Comparing your partner with another man/woman.

Especially when the guy is BROKE.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by harrysjones(m): 11:07am On Jul 08, 2016
7 NO SEX IN RELATIONSHIP....UNTIL THE DAY OF MARRIAGE tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Keneking1: 11:07am On Jul 08, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating by Raph01: 11:08am On Jul 08, 2016

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Seen Beating Her Man After She Caught Him Talking To Another Lady / Life Is A Teacher. Jilted By My Fiancee. / #WorldSexualPurityDay: Nigerian Couple Who Avoided Pre-Marital Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.