Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army (16696 Views)

Dangote Truck Kills Mukhtar Abdulkarim, Ex Senator (photo) / Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo / Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ibadan – Brig.-Gen. Jude Egbudom, the acting General Officer Commanding(GOC) of 2 Division of the Nigerian Army, has handed over to Maj.-Gen. Kasimu Abdulkarim who is the substantive GOC of the Division.

Egbudom handed over the command to Abdulkarim at the headquarters of the division in Ibadan on Friday.

Abdulkarim, who hails from Zuru in Kebbi State, was the Commandant of the Nigeria Army School of Infantry (NASI), Jaji, Kaduna State.

He was commissioned on June 22, 1985, and was a member of the 32 Regular Course of Nigeria Defence Academy.

Egbudom, who was appointed in acting capacity on June 22 would return to his former position as the Commander, Engineer Construction Command, Ede, Osun.

In his speech at the occasion, Abdulkarim charged officers of the command to cooperate with him, saying he would give his best in preserving the ideals of the army.

“We, as military professionals, must do everything within our ability to support our leaders in the fight against corruption and insurgency.

“I promise to be an example of good character and urge you all to emulate such.

“ You all should uphold the tenets of the army which are discipline, transparency and accountability, ’’ he said.

Abdulkarim said that military officers must remain professional and apolitical while rallying support for the leadership.

He called for the promotion of peaceful military and community relations, saying every act would be subjected to questioning as military professionals.

“Very high level of discipline is expected from our members even in the face of obvious provocation.

“We must learn media management skills that will enable us to explore the benefits of social and mass media in line with international best practices,’’ he stated.

The handing over ceremony featured the official parade and exchange of the command flag, the symbol of change in command.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/armys-2-division-gets-new-goc/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
Northerners ti take over.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

The mission is real

Insensitive leader or just a bigot? Still wondering

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Boring: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
Buhari Da King In The Norf

37 Likes

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Boring: 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
Buharii Da King In The Norf

11 Likes

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Tunami(m): 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
And the northernization continues.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Tunami:
And the northernization continues.

For real bro, for real.

24 Likes

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by babdap: 9:29pm On Jul 08, 2016
No wonder a Captain was at the gate this morning gave me some tough time entering the barracks this morning.

3 Likes

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by redsconsult(m): 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ee no concern me ...if they like make niger republic take over...all of them are our common problem...bad leadership

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by DickDastardly(m): 7:37am On Jul 09, 2016
grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by legendte(m): 7:37am On Jul 09, 2016
The problem is not Buhari but the zombies from brown roof and stinking Republic (BRSR) who keep deceiving themselves.
They will be like: I don't care about his tribe but his competence.
My question is this: don't we have competent and credible men from the 17 states in southern Nigeria? Are our founding fathers foolish to bring up federal character in appointment? If the southerners are corrupt, does it also mean that they are less competent than their counterparts in the North? Since when did the North start to send their kids to school? How can we promote education catchment area to favour north and quota system to also favour north? What is the faith of the increasing number of southerners that enroll in the university?
Well just like the Pope said, who am I to criticise.
Zombies oya come and tell me the usual story of how almajiri take know book pass awolowo.

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by veekid(m): 7:37am On Jul 09, 2016
Ok
Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by gurunlocker: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2016
North-geria

7 Likes

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Rapmoney(m): 7:37am On Jul 09, 2016
Even people who campaigned with their lives and insulted others on this forum, for this dull ancient good-for-nothing fellow called Buhari will still come out without any atom of shame, to complain too!!! It was good during pre-election period, now you guys should eat the cake you baked! Rubbish!!! angry I'm not losing my sleep for nonsense!

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by princeakins(m): 7:39am On Jul 09, 2016
Fear North

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by hucienda: 7:40am On Jul 09, 2016
Nortana ti take ova! cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by dejavski(m): 7:41am On Jul 09, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Some Jon snow shii up there

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Junior66(m): 7:41am On Jul 09, 2016
Pa Bubu still de marginalise northern states in this rapid northernisation o. Where is Kogi state in all of these appointments??

Kogi state---has one of the best indices in anything good among "northern states" but na only police and army work dem de give us for this country. God punish marginalisation.

If this useless country ever divides, i would rather go with the Igbos than these useless almajiris where de draw person back.

27 Likes

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by bro4u: 7:43am On Jul 09, 2016
And some 'unam ikot' down South will be chanting one Nigeria.... Islamic Republic of Nigeriaangryangry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 09, 2016
Another one cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Respect55(m): 7:46am On Jul 09, 2016
Government of the north, by d North and for the north

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by maestroferddi: 7:47am On Jul 09, 2016
The one million dollar question is whether a Boko Haram promoting north will be able to endure this mindless nepotism Buhari is institutionalising if a Southerner does half of same in the future...

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Cchuks27(m): 7:49am On Jul 09, 2016
Too bad. This is getting out of hand, are the youths in this country sleeping or what? I don't think they have an idea of what's going on. One region is taking over everything and we are busy saying it doesn't concern us.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 09, 2016
Allāhu ʾAkbar... We shall continue ruling the infidels..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by onatisi(m): 7:52am On Jul 09, 2016
This is just the beginning,they will take over everything before they start dealing with south west and south east politicians within apc.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Krismart(m): 7:52am On Jul 09, 2016
What baffles me is that our so called politicians in the south and west are seeing all these but yet kept quiet just because some leftovers still flow into their pockets. But with the way things are going one day even the little money that keeps them blind will cease to flow abruptly, their eyes go clear, then they will come back to mobilize us. But I bet they will be the first casualties

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 09, 2016
Even APC paid agents are tired....n hehehehehe

8 Likes

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by dTruth101: 7:56am On Jul 09, 2016
you no see anything yet. you illitrates think the northerners are fools to forget what was done to them during the el clueless era?

3 Likes

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 09, 2016
@musa ibrahim , dnt try living in the ND . If u try u may be a gonner
Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by fasho01(m): 7:58am On Jul 09, 2016
This one sided appointments is really getting out of hand

3 Likes

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by gloryman91: 7:58am On Jul 09, 2016
Welcome Sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army by Lighthouseman: 7:59am On Jul 09, 2016
It's no longer Nigeria. It's northern protectorate trying to recolonize the southern protectorate.
The military apparatus is firmly in the hands of the Hausa fulani. So, expect what happened in Abeokuta July 1967 any time soon.
History just repeated itself in our economy by 30 years. What if the security aspect repeats itself by 50 years.?
I don't see the sophisticated people in all these appointments they are sharing oooo abi dem no go school ni?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News!! Steer Clear Of Our Offices, PDP Warns Oshiomhole, APC / Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe / Beyond Our Land Borders Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.