Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,014 members, 7,799,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva (11867 Views)

EFCC Fails To Re-arraign Ex-Governor Sylva / Former Bayelsa Governor Sylva Remains In EFCC Custody / Factions Disagree Over Governor Sylva's Move To CPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by bombsquad(m): 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2009
Gov. Sylva is not a very smart man by my own assessment.  In this clip below, he is tricked into showing off his expansive Governor's mansion not knowing the larger reason behind it was to compare in a documentary, political opulence with general poverty in the land.

Please view below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DslTiMDZcOA
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Pittbaby(f): 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2009
(Shaking my head) out of this whole situation what you could draw from it is that the man is not smart and careless . I have no words
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by bombsquad(m): 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2009
Of what benefit is it that a Governor of an oil rich state should give attempt to show off his crib to the rest of the world?is he trying to tell them we have money?they already accuse us of mismanaging our funds. . all he did was to confir, it. . is he trying to show class or taste? ?they know we didnt build it. . the arabs did. . he was careless and reckless. . .he's suppose to show progress,infrastructure and betterment. . not opulence and corruption. . .
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by spoOne: 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2009
He was not tricked at all, quite on the contrary, he's being dieing to show it off - You can tell from his exuberance.

This is the typical mentality of the Nigerian political elite – build mansions, live in a paradise, and opulence, while surrounded with misery and abject poverty.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by bombsquad(m): 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2009
@ Spo-one:Youre absolutely right. . .these are the type of leaders that should be jerry-rawlined.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by babapupa: 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2009
These guys are dumb and unsophisticated illiterates anyways,
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by bombsquad(m): 8:51pm On Sep 09, 2009
@ Babapupa: Spot on!
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by blackspade(m): 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2009
Does this man have no shame in this?

Giving an "MTV Cribs" tour around his opulent palace while the vast majority of his constituents are living in abject poverty, sickening!! angry angry angry
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by bombsquad(m): 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2009
I guess he watches MTV and wishes he was jay-z. . .lol. . .I laugh at this people and their very silly actions
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by sjeezy8: 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2009
LOL  i seen this in another thread its sooooo funnyyyy

but the delta still blames their problems on the north and west- instead of simply sayin bad leadership among themselves. they can learn from yorubas,they know they have bad leaders lol
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by spoOne: 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2009
Moderator please move this to the tribalism section - sjeezy8 is in the house!

It's down the drain from here, on.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by sjeezy8: 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2009
^^^^^ ode has nothing to do with tribalism

simple as i said

sjeezy8:

LOL  i seen this in another thread its sooooo funnyyyy

but the delta still blames their problems on the north and west- instead of simply sayin bad leadership among themselves. they can learn from yorubas,they know they have bad leaders lol

Things such as this will open eyes for those who believe Nigeria is bad because of tribalism
everytribe has bad leadership and is why Nigeria is the way it is- the political elite are the problem
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by asha80(m): 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2009
Mod please move to the tribalism section as suggested by $poOne since Sjeezy is ready to turn it to a tribal affair.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by sjeezy8: 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2009
^^^ i dont think you have eyes ode

i simply said the country should realise that nigerias problem is the political elite
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by SapeleGuy: 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2009
CNN are Wrong, dem dey talk lie. Gloryland Castle is a state tourism project. The house doesn't belong to Sylva.

"Our plan is to dove-tail the Gloryland Castle into the wider vision of Yenagoa of the immediate future, which will be a showpiece city for all Nigerians and the rest of the world to come and enjoy life with a lot to see,” he explained.

Perhaps in the next four years, Yenagoa will become one of the most beautiful cities in Nigeria if plans afoot are anything to go by. An international airport is being constructed, specifically for cargo operations because Bayelsa is aiming to become the largest producer of paddy rice in Africa in partnership with Thai and Vietnamese experts. It also wants to become the largest producer of fish, in league with Israeli experts.

The airport will serve as a major import and export route when plans to redesign the state’s economy from oil and gas to agriculture, commerce and tourism come to fruition."

The state is also constructing a 32-kilometre dual express from the airport into the rear of the city where the new Yenagoa is springing up. The state’s 110 kilowatt electricity supply project is expected to switch on fully next year, making it more than self-sufficient in power supply."

[url]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/28/yar’-adua-to-sleep-in-bayelsa’s-n20b-castle/[/url]
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by babapupa: 9:36pm On Sep 09, 2009
lol @ tribalists screaming tribalism. who 1st mention tribalism inside this thread.

Is it a secrete that there are bad leaders in every corner of naija and what's so bad about stating obvious facts like simply because of tribal affiliations, people point fingers at other people and Ignore and excuse rotten and bad leaders in their own backyards?

We like deceive ourselves too much sha,
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by babapupa: 9:44pm On Sep 09, 2009
CNN are Wrong, dem dey talk lie. Gloryland Castle is a state tourism project. The house doesn't belong to Sylva.

"Our plan is to dove-tail the Gloryland Castle into the wider vision of Yenagoa of the immediate future, which will be a showpiece city for all Nigerians and the rest of the world to come and enjoy life with a lot to see,” he explained.

Why are you defending the indefensible? Like Alamco said, "I did it to show that it can be done" not because the good people of the delta go benefit.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by spoOne: 10:08pm On Sep 09, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Perhaps in the next four years, Yenagoa will become one of the most beautiful cities in Nigeria if plans afoot are anything to go by. An international airport is being constructed, specifically for cargo operations because Bayelsa is aiming to become the largest producer of paddy rice in Africa in partnership with Thai and Vietnamese experts. It also wants to become the largest producer of fish, in league with Israeli experts.

The airport will serve as a major import and export route when plans to redesign the state’s economy from oil and gas to agriculture, commerce and tourism come to fruition."

The state is also constructing a 32-kilometre dual express from the airport into the rear of the city where the new Yenagoa is springing up. The state’s 110 kilowatt electricity supply project is expected to switch on fully next year, making it more than self-sufficient in power supply."

[url]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/28/yar’-adua-to-sleep-in-bayelsa’s-n20b-castle/[/url]

I hope this actually materializes for the people of the state - God knows they deserve a better life. But "110 kilowatt electricity supply project"? This does not sound like a project to me – more like a large generator. The smallest air conditioner requires at least 1 kVA aprox. 1 kilowatt of power. So is Yenegoa a very small town?
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by SapeleGuy: 10:13pm On Sep 09, 2009
$poOne:

I hope this actually materializes for the people of the state - God knows they deserve a better life. But "110 kilowatt electricity supply project"? This does not sound like a project to me – more like a large generator. The smallest air conditioner requires at least 1 kVA aprox. 1 kilowatt of power. So is Yenegoa a very small town?
I agree - blame the 110 kw power project on a vanguard typographic error.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by spoOne: 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2009
SapeleGuy:

I agree - blame the 110 kw power project on a vanguard typographic error.

My bad! I didn't open your link. Some times you wonder if these news papers actually have editors, it's amazing the amount of typo and grammatical errors in Nigerian news papers.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by SapeleGuy: 10:34pm On Sep 09, 2009
babapupa:

Why are you defending the indefensible? Like Alamco said, "I did it to show that it can be done" not because the good people of the delta go benefit.

I am not defending anybody, I am merely saying that we shouldn't always see the worst in everything. Are the people of Bayelsa not deserving of such a monument or is that exclusive priviledge only reserved for Abuja?
Go anywhere in the world, the quickest way to regenerate an area is through the built environment. I'm praying that similar regeneration can take place in Ajegunle.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by larez(m): 11:13pm On Sep 09, 2009
From a true continuing student of Classical Architecture, the building is a joke. It implies classicism, but lacks the details and proportions. I know for sure that Cultured people of the West will have had a good laugh looking at it. The columns do not define any classical order such as Corinthian, Doric, Ionic, Tuscan or Composite. It is plain micmickery of grandeur. Why dem no just build plenty round huts stack dem ontop each other? Naija jut dey make people shame when dem travel.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by bombsquad(m): 11:37pm On Sep 09, 2009
@ Larez.:You sabi book . .I hereby award you 'WORTHY EXPORT OF NAIJA', carry go!
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by larez(m): 11:56pm On Sep 09, 2009
bombsquad:

@ Larez.:You sabi book . .I hereby award you 'WORTHY EXPORT OF NAIJA', carry go!

Lol@Bombsquad no be so oh, Na pictures I sabi, forget book sef. Wetin person need take reading do when dem talk say "A picture speaks a thousand words". If you look pictures tire, you sef go sabi.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by babapupa: 12:07am On Sep 10, 2009
I am not defending anybody, I am merely saying that we shouldn't always see the worst in everything. Are the people of Bayelsa not deserving of such a monument or is that exclusive priviledge only reserved for Abuja?
Go anywhere in the world, the quickest way to regenerate an area is through the built environment. I'm praying that similar regeneration can take place in Ajegunle.

This your come back is even worse.

You don take poll around the delta to ascertain that the delta folks will rather have this meaningless waste of tax payers resources instead of meaningful projects like schools, libraries, clinics, hospitals and jobs?

Of what use is your so called worthy monument when your people are lacking common basics and life's necessities?

Is this what  MEND is needlessly slaughtering innocent Nigerians for?

Your thinking get more than K-leg.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by illusion2: 12:32am On Sep 10, 2009
I saw it on CNNbackstory 2 days ago & was waiting for the clip to be available. . .

The gov should be ashamed really . . .

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DslTiMDZcOA&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by ifyalways(f): 12:44am On Sep 10, 2009
lol @Star of david.
Is the gov trying to say Gloryland brings 30Mil dols for the state or what  undecided
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Kobojunkie: 1:23am On Sep 10, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Aren't we ashamed that we continue to sell these ridiculous ideas to our own selves?
May God smite him and his kind down this day, AMEN!!!
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 10, 2009
Uhm.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by Igbanibo: 5:45am On Sep 10, 2009
It is a shame that despite the suffering, the man is living in outlandish opulence.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by naijaking1: 6:03am On Sep 10, 2009
I thought someone was playing him-o! But, that's for real, na be the governor be that.
Re: CNN Ridicules Governor Sylva by adekampe: 10:33am On Sep 10, 2009
Omg. . . .Help us in this country. .Hear the man's mouth ' 'Glory Land Castle'. .LWKMD.How could he not have figured all through that the journalist was making a mockery of him?

The future of Nigeria is truly in jeopardy if we dont do away with a crop of these present leaders holding the polity by the jugular

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kano Lawmaker Shot Dead At Relaxation Joint ! / Our Problems Require Uniquely Nigerian Solutions – Buhari / EFCC Arrest: Saraki Being Harassed Over 2023 Presidential Ambition – Yakasai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.