Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

7 Questions Wise Women Ask - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Questions Wise Women Ask (1884 Views)

7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Chasing A Girl For Over 12 Months (Pics) / What Is That Something You Don't Understand About Men? Women Ask, Men Reply. / Note:: How Women Ask For Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Questions Wise Women Ask by missyge(f): 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
Getting married is one thing, staying married and happily too is another. Marriage is not an end in itself but a means to an end, that is fulfilment.
The pace at which the world is moving today is incredible. And it comes to bear even in relationships. People rush into marriage and then rush out too. Sometimes when you are in a romantic relationship or you meet someone you like, the rate of which the relationship progresses is so fast that you don’t have time to ask the important questions. It is almost like cruising at a speed beyond that which is recommended and then the car begins to jerk. Just as on the road, in relationships too, speed kills. It only makes sense to pace yourself on this relationship journey. Let people mount the pressure, let all your mates and even juniors be married before you, a wise woman knows not to rush into marriage ill-prepared.
So shall we call these questions your speed breakers or Speedometers? Yes.
And since marriage originated from God with His intentions for it to be ‘heaven on earth’, this book draws from the Bible, our manual for living.
So here are the seven questions. They would help you put your relationship in perspective.

1. Why me? Sounds like a no-brainer question until you realize that some men have answered this question with “…because I LOVE the way you pound yam” or ‘…because I have been saying I will marry a Calabar girl and you came along…’ Or the classic answer, ‘…because everyone around me is getting married and the pressure is up for me too…’ Sisters, this is a very important question. Out of the billions of women in the world, why you? Because the answer to that question will sustain the marriage long after the honeymoon period is over. If he doesn’t give you a good answer, let him go please.

2.Do I know him well enough? No, we don’t mean LONG enough but WELL enough. That you date/court for years doesn’t mean you know the person well enough, especially if the major discussions you have are centered on frivolities. Is he your FRIEND? Is he free to be himself around you? Are you also free enough to discus anything with him? You need to build friendship with him as friendship will guarantee a deeper knowledge of the man and sustain the marriage in the long run.

3. Are we compatible? Amos 3:3 says Can two walk together except they be agreed.
Are you two thinking alike? Does his life vision differ radically from yours? Can you truly be a help meet, someone ‘suitable and adaptable’ to him? Not every guy is compatible with you even if he too is a born-again Christian. You need to check compatibility first.

4. When? Yes, when do you want to marry me? The proposal was romantic: Candles, flowers, chocolates, and a diamond ring, the complete works. But a wise woman still needs to find out when exactly he intends to walk you down the aisle so that you know if his timing fits with yours before you agree to marry him. Courtship should not go on forever.
Other questions are

5. Is he responsible? Can he PRESIDE over the family as the head indeed? Or is he a mommy’s boy? Can he PROVIDE for you and the family? Can he PROTECT you from anybody and anything you need protection from?

6. Who are his influences? You have to submit to this man. You need to be sure that he has the right influences around him guiding his actions.

7. Is he born again? Ladies, you can’t compromise on this one. There are no guarantees on a man that is not born again.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by Weblow: 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
J
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by izuch(m): 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
Excellent write up OP. Did you author it? If you did not kindly quote the source, if it's you i would say you've got a calling. Kudos
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by ebbybest(f): 10:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
missyge:
Getting married is one thing, staying married and happily too is another. Marriage is not an end in itself but a means to an end, that is fulfilment.
The pace at which the world is moving today is incredible. And it comes to bear even in relationships. People rush into marriage and then rush out too. Sometimes when you are in a romantic relationship or you meet someone you like, the rate of which the relationship progresses is so fast that you don’t have time to ask the important questions. It is almost like cruising at a speed beyond that which is recommended and then the car begins to jerk. Just as on the road, in relationships too, speed kills. It only makes sense to pace yourself on this relationship journey. Let people mount the pressure, let all your mates and even juniors be married before you, a wise woman knows not to rush into marriage ill-prepared.
So shall we call these questions your speed breakers or Speedometers? Yes.
And since marriage originated from God with His intentions for it to be ‘heaven on earth’, this book draws from the Bible, our manual for living.
So here are the seven questions. They would help you put your relationship in perspective.

1. Why me? Sounds like a no-brainer question until you realize that some men have answered this question with “…because I LOVE the way you pound yam” or ‘…because I have been saying I will marry a Calabar girl and you came along…’ Or the classic answer, ‘…because everyone around me is getting married and the pressure is up for me too…’ Sisters, this is a very important question. Out of the billions of women in the world, why you? Because the answer to that question will sustain the marriage long after the honeymoon period is over. If he doesn’t give you a good answer, let him go please.

2.Do I know him well enough? No, we don’t mean LONG enough but WELL enough. That you date/court for years doesn’t mean you know the person well enough, especially if the major discussions you have are centered on frivolities. Is he your FRIEND? Is he free to be himself around you? Are you also free enough to discus anything with him? You need to build friendship with him as friendship will guarantee a deeper knowledge of the man and sustain the marriage in the long run.

3. Are we compatible? Amos 3:3 says Can two walk together except they be agreed.
Are you two thinking alike? Does his life vision differ radically from yours? Can you truly be a help meet, someone ‘suitable and adaptable’ to him? Not every guy is compatible with you even if he too is a born-again Christian. You need to check compatibility first.

4. When? Yes, when do you want to marry me? The proposal was romantic: Candles, flowers, chocolates, and a diamond ring, the complete works. But a wise woman still needs to find out when exactly he intends to walk you down the aisle so that you know if his timing fits with yours before you agree to marry him. Courtship should not go on forever.
Other questions are

5. Is he responsible? Can he PRESIDE over the family as the head indeed? Or is he a mommy’s boy? Can he PROVIDE for you and the family? Can he PROTECT you from anybody and anything you need protection from?

6. Who are his influences? You have to submit to this man. You need to be sure that he has the right influences around him guiding his actions.

7. Is he born again? Ladies, you can’t compromise on this one. There are no guarantees on a man that is not born again.
It was specially written for me.
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by Chrisrare: 10:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
Does he have big joystick?

Is he rich?

Is he good in bed?

Does he have six packs?

These r d types of questions ladies of nowadays ask
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by Vendoor(f): 10:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
Really nice one op cheesy
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by Chrisrare: 10:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by extwoo(m): 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2016
You left out the sex questions...It's a real home breaker.
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by adedami14(m): 11:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
hmmm,nice post, but ladies cant ask these questions in these generation
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by GoldenJAT(m): 11:52pm On Jul 08, 2016
their love for material things won't allow some of them 2 ask!
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by DucheSsMerezz(f): 2:04am On Jul 09, 2016
Nice
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by missyge(f): 7:48am On Jul 09, 2016
izuch:
Excellent write up OP. Did you author it? If you did not kindly quote the source, if it's you i would say you've got a calling. Kudos
I ddnt author it. Got it from Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo....
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by missyge(f): 7:50am On Jul 09, 2016
ebbybest:

It was specially written for me.
.....And do not forget to ask wen the time comes
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by missyge(f): 7:52am On Jul 09, 2016
extwoo:
You left out the sex questions...It's a real home breaker.
Never said its nt neccessary.....But to hv a solid foundation nd a sweet marriage.....Those 7 are the ist most important
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by missyge(f): 7:53am On Jul 09, 2016
GoldenJAT:
their love for material things won't allow some of them 2 ask!
.....Dose once are not wives, they are g/friends..

Gf hv price tags, wives do not
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by GoldenJAT(m): 7:58am On Jul 09, 2016
missyge:
.....Dose once are not wives, they are g/friends..

Gf hv price tags, wives do not
but it's from gf ladies mostly graduate 2d post of a wife.. remember there are also some very irresponsible wives.
Re: 7 Questions Wise Women Ask by missyge(f): 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
GoldenJAT:
but it's from gf ladies mostly graduate 2d post of a wife.. remember there are also some very irresponsible wives.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Guy Stingy Or Smart? / Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? / Our Nigerian Girls Gat Low Sense Of Humor Walahi!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.