Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured (31826 Views)

78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo / Fatal Accident Between Truck And Keke Leaves Two Dead In Imo State. Photos / Two Injured In Hit And Run Accident In Lekki (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by Evidence1000(m): 4:48am On Jul 09, 2016
There was pandemonium at the General Aviation Terminal (GAT) of Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) on Friday following a gunshot which was believed to be an accidental discharge.

Two people were injured in the incident when a man identified as an orderly of a Senator accidentally fired the gunshots, it was learnt. He was trying to remove the magazine of his gun when the discharge occurred leaving him and another woman injured.

The incident also caused panic within the terminal as travelers and airport workers scampered for safety on hearing the gunshot.

Eyewitness report indicated that the security man was to travel on Arik Air and he wanted to dislodge the magazine from the gun in line with standard practice in air travel but incidentally the gun released its bullet. It hit him and the woman on the leg, it was gathered.

An eyewitness said, "It is a standard practice in air travel for anyone with a gun to pull out the bullet. This is what the security man was trying to do but incidentally the gun released the magazine which splattered and hit him and the woman on the leg as he bent down to pull out the magazine from the gun".

They, however, trekked out of the terminal to the vehicle that conveyed them to the hospital without any assistance. According to the source, the injury was not that severe.

General Manager, Public Affairs of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Mr. Yakubu Dati, confirmed the incident. He said what transpired was an accident which occurred while the man was trying to remove the magazine from his gun as a standard procedure because guns are not allowed onboard aircraft but they are usually checked in, in the luggage compartment.

Dati, who described the incident as minor, assured air travellers that all the airports are safe and secure, adding that in recognition of the security challenges in the country and around the world, security at Nigerian airports has been fortified.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/08/gunshot-lagos-airport-leaves-two-injured

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by bewla(m): 5:14am On Jul 09, 2016
embarassed y now
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by dauntless15(m): 5:16am On Jul 09, 2016
See how worn out I'm reading the story

9 Likes

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by Vendoor(f): 5:24am On Jul 09, 2016
Eyewitness report indicated that the security man
was to travel on Arik Air and he wanted to
dislodge the magazine from the gun in line with
standard practice in air travel but incidentally the
gun released its bullet. It hit him and the woman
on the leg, it was gathered.

Too bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 09, 2016
Day don break oh

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by eleko1: 6:27am On Jul 09, 2016
Thank God,it Wasn't inside the rickety Arik Plane it happened sad embarassed
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by uwagimboo: 6:44am On Jul 09, 2016
Nothing can a Nigeria Police do nd do it perfectly..

Shambolic set of group...
He should be tested of alcohol Asap...

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 09, 2016
Why always POLICE..?
don't Military carry guns.?
What of customs.?
don't NSCDC carry guns.?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by KenModi(m): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2016
Accidents do happen.

Thank God no life was lost.

1 Like

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2016
Nothing works in Nigeria, my 14 yr old nephew can handle a glock 9mm better than this ordely of a fraud... Theres nothing like accidental discharge you are supposed to look after your gun and take care of its flaws, oil it etc...

9 Likes

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by veekid(m): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2016
Ogheneme

1 Like

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by Firefire(m): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2016
SMH undecided
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by onismate: 8:08am On Jul 09, 2016
lets see if the police and security agencies would react swiftly to ...

1 Like

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by olarhtunji(m): 8:08am On Jul 09, 2016
so he cannot dislodge b4 coming into the airport what are the airport security dere 4.... when they see an officer with high rank all they think about his money n hailing him.forgetting they rule d place n can stop anybody including Mr president from entering d airport if all protocols were not duly followed....#peace #ineedagirlfriendinLagos

13 Likes

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by celestialAgent(m): 8:09am On Jul 09, 2016
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2016
Accidental discharge, was he sleeping?.

Bunch of untrained fellows. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by clefstone(m): 8:09am On Jul 09, 2016
Buhari again?
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by TheLegal(m): 8:09am On Jul 09, 2016
h
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by gurunlocker: 8:10am On Jul 09, 2016
uwagimboo:
Nothing can a Nigeria Police do nd do it perfectly..

Shambolic set of group...
He should be tested of alcohol Asap...

weed...... early morning
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by passionate88: 8:11am On Jul 09, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by celestialAgent(m): 8:12am On Jul 09, 2016
olarhtunji:
will you stop this "." and go back to bed wink smiley
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 09, 2016
Evidence1000:

The incident also caused panic within the terminal as travelers and airport workers scampered for safety on hearing the gunshot.

I love that part!!!!!
my people no dey waste time
gringringringringringringrin

5 Likes

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by olarhtunji(m): 8:14am On Jul 09, 2016
celestialAgent:
will you stop this "." and go back to bed wink smiley

Ni**a stop winking at me . am a boy and m not gay...kolewerk

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 09, 2016
Lol.. An animal act...
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by ichommy(m): 8:17am On Jul 09, 2016
Nah wah o.
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by Rexnegro(m): 8:18am On Jul 09, 2016
na wa o
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by celestialAgent(m): 8:18am On Jul 09, 2016
olarhtunji:

Ni**a stop winking at me . am a boy and m not gay
oh! my bad!!

what if i told you the Olosho i hired last night is right here with me, pleading that i let her suck me all through the weekend!

I'm far from being gay bro!

Enjoy your weekend..

1 Like

Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by pointstores(m): 8:24am On Jul 09, 2016
yeye
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by Ximonak: 8:27am On Jul 09, 2016
It is always accidental discharge, that is the easiest statement to use to cover up what went wrong.

Even armed robbers don't make these "accidental discharge" let alone a trained police
All I see is coverup because the case holds no water, if looked deeply
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by batstan(m): 8:28am On Jul 09, 2016
gurunlocker:

weed...... early morning
cool
Just finished mine but can never have an accidental discharge .
Re: Gunshot At Lagos Airport Leaves Two Injured by Wolex143: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2016
Na lie jor he did it intentionally, when they torture him very well he will confess.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) / Pictures Of The Week (Ugly Side Of Lagos) / Foetus Blocking FlySafair Plane’s Toilet In South Africa Found By Cleaner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.