Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Rooted Phone Tweaks - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rooted Phone Tweaks (7250 Views)

4 Of The Best Whatsapp Tricks And Tweaks check out trick 2 it will wahoo u / Unlimited Free Browsing Tweaks That Are Still Working August 2016 (7mb/s) / How To Enjoy 100MB Plus #300 Airtime With #100 On Glo. (no Tweaks) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 9:48am On Jul 09, 2016
Got any of these phones and you are rooted?
I'm here to help you unleash the beast mode by doing a few tweaks grin grin.
You can request for features you think it's missing or would like to have.......I will help but before then if you don't have idea what custom recovery is and how to back up your entire apps and data using custom recovery please feel free to ask or make a little Google search.

Let's go.
This tweak will also work for almost all rooted android phones [sup][/sup]
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 9:49am On Jul 09, 2016
I am starting with build.prop tweaks

For those who have no idea what this is but have their phone rooted you can ask question.

MULTI User feature

Add multi user to your phone if the feature is missing. This feature helps if you share your phone with people it basically let's you switch between different users like you have on PC. You can have your main username account which contains all your info and data then a second account which can be left empty.
When you find those snoopy police men just switch to the second user account which is empty and hand over your phone grin grin.

To do this download Rom toolbox lite from playstore, install and fire up. Swipe right to locate the build.prop editor then click on the pen icon below to edit the build.prop
Scroll down to the bottom, copy and paste this then save and reboot......... You are done, now you have multi user account enabled.

fw.max_users=3
fw.show_multiuserui=1

1 Like

Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 9:50am On Jul 09, 2016
Increase 3G download speed

Are you aware your download speed can be slow due to your phone configuration not the network speed that's why some can't go beyond 500kb/s even when the network offers more than 1000kb/s download speed. Well here's a tweak to help you increase your speed.

Edit your build.prop and find this lines when you do change the values to the numbers below, save and reboot twice.
Enjoy lightening download speed.

ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=28
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.hsxpa=5
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 9:50am On Jul 09, 2016
Reserved
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 10:10am On Jul 09, 2016
More tweaks loading
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Collinz2(m): 10:12am On Jul 09, 2016
Great
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 09, 2016
Phonefanatic:
More tweaks loading
what about including 4g to the network and free browsing. Thats all we need.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 11:58am On Jul 09, 2016
victorels:
what about including 4g to the network and free browsing. Thats all we need.

You can't tweak a phone to have 4g if it doesn't have the necessary modem for it besides data is very cheap now why not pay for data services or you could use free basic browsing offered by airtel.

1 Like

Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Naijji: 12:04pm On Jul 09, 2016
Good one
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 12:32pm On Jul 09, 2016
Naijji:
Good one

You are welcome.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Ebukaidoko(m): 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
Good, wat about long lasting battery tweak if any
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 2:30pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ebukaidoko:
Good, wat about long lasting battery tweak if any

Sure there is but only if you are having outrageous battery drain. I have a different thread I made for that but I'm surprised that people with 2000mah battery were expecting their phones to be tweaked so it can last 24hrs grin grin
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by calmdude(m): 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Are you aware your download speed can be slow due to your phone configuration not the network speed that's why some can't go beyond 500kb/s even when the network offers more than 1000kb/s download speed. Well here's a tweak to help you increase your speed.

Edit your build.prop and find this lines when you do change the values to the numbers below, save and reboot twice.

ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=28
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.hsxpa=5

Please explain more on this, what app do I use
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by jesbu(m): 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
Advice: be careful of what you edit especially on branded phones like Verizon at&t Sprint etc.
If you must edit the build prop, do it with international model of phones not network customize phones.
Some features that work with Samsung may not work with htc, lg ,Motorola,huawei etc.
So know your phone manufacturer before you proceed.

Try it at owers risk.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2016
calmdude:

Please explain more on this, what app do I use

Rom toolbox lite. Read the multiple user post so you know what to do but this time you only edit the values
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2016
jesbu:
Advice: be careful of what you edit especially on branded phones like Verizon at&t Sprint etc.
If you must edit the build prop, do it with international model of phones not network customize phones.
Some features that work with Samsung may not work with htc, lg ,Motorola,huawei etc.
So know your phone manufacturer before you proceed.

Try it at owers risk.

It works these are tweaks for Android operating systems it has nothing to do with radio configurations but like I said who don't have idea how to use custom recovery should read up first before trying.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by jesbu(m): 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
Phonefanatic:

It works these are tweaks for Android operating systems it has nothing to do with radio configurations but like I said who don't have idea how to use custom recovery should read up first before trying.

Most of the tweaks worked between 2009 to 2013
Some still work and some dont.
I will say it again the one that work for my huawei mate 7 may not work for Samsung.
If you network provided throttle your internet speed there is no build prop that can change it.
Thanks
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
jesbu:

Most of the tweaks worked between 2009 to 2013
Some still work and some dont.
I will say it again the one that work for my huawei mate 7 may not work for Samsung.
If you network provided throttle your internet speed there is no build prop that can change it.
Thanks

I use galaxy s7 edge it works perfectly, worked on Note 5. Those screenshots are from my phone. I've used mate 7 it also works if you can unlock the bootloader and root. Like I said your speed may not be throttled by network but your phone. I tested all I posted up there.

Which build.prop worked on your mate 7 that won't work on Samsung? Kindly states it here.
There are so many tweaks on build.prop but I carefully selected what works on almost all android phones.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Marvel1206: 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
Phonefanatic:

ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=28
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.hsxpa=5

can this be done without custom recovery??

I.e is it risky?

M talking about this one in particular
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by augster(m): 3:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
Don't mess with root files if you're a newbie.. If your phone go hard brick, na you sabi o
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 4:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
Marvel1206:

can this be done without custom recovery??

I.e is it risky?

M talking about this one in particular

Yes boss.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 4:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
augster:
Don't mess with root files if you're a newbie.. If your phone go hard brick, na you sabi o

LOL I suffered when I was a newbie sha but now even if the phone like make E become concrete I will get it working.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Collinz2(m): 8:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
Add faster youtube loadin tweak.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by ps3o(m): 10:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
tweaks are only possible when U have superuser privilege. if U have not rooted ur gadget, all the above tweaks are impossible to carry out. on the part of changing signal speed, if U increase the speed beyond normal...it may cause most phones' processors to Get hot. on my second phone which is a 3g signal, I speed it up to the 4G lte signal...one advantage is that I download GB like Kb in a twinkle of an eye. but the procesor gets hotter than usual.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by lordhbk: 10:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
Please how do I locate to switch user after rebooting
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by lordhbk: 10:41pm On Jul 09, 2016
Phonefanatic:
I am starting with build.prop tweaks

For those who have no idea what this is but have their phone rooted you can ask question.

MULTI User feature

Add multi user to your phone if the feature is missing. This feature helps if you share your phone with people it basically let's you switch between different users like you have on PC. You can have your main username account which contains all your info and data then a second account which can be left empty.
When you find those snoopy police men just switch to the second user account which is empty and hand over your phone grin grin.

To do this download Rom toolbox lite from playstore, install and fire up. Swipe right to locate the build.prop editor then click on the pen icon below to edit the build.prop
Scroll down to the bottom, copy and paste this then save and reboot......... You are done, now you have multi user account enabled.

fw.max_users=3
fw.show_multiuserui=1
please how do I switch after because there is no switch on setting am using gionee m5
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 12:59am On Jul 10, 2016
lordhbk:
please how do I switch after because there is no switch on setting am using gionee m5

I hope you read all I wrote up there. As much as I know Gionee M5 comes inbuilt with guest mode account but if yours ain't there then after applying that tweak reboot your phone then go under settings you should find '' users menu''.
If you can't find it then you likely have the inbuilt guest mode.

Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by lordhbk: 1:40am On Jul 10, 2016
Phonefanatic:

I hope you read all I wrote up there. As much as I know Gionee M5 comes inbuilt with guest mode account but if yours ain't there then after applying that tweak reboot your phone then go under settings you should find '' users menu''.
If you can't find it then you likely have the inbuilt guest mode.
still can't find it can u drop your whatsapp numz
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by Phonefanatic: 1:56am On Jul 10, 2016
lordhbk:
still can't find it can u drop your whatsapp numz

Go to settings menu look for security or privacy under one of them you should be able to see the guest mode.
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by kingwillz(m): 2:51am On Jul 10, 2016
how can I Root my android Innjoo Fire2 3G
Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by barackodam: 3:13am On Jul 10, 2016
I'm humbly following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rooted Phone Tweaks by druxy(m): 5:08am On Jul 10, 2016
oya...following

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free E-novels Download Links. / Replace Lost/stolen Sim Online / ***You Still Use 2go?, Hop In! A Thread For 2go Users***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.