Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity (5261 Views)

SEE 10 Main Reasons Why The Church Should Not Abandon Politics / 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact / 4 Ways To Abandon A Life Of Sin - Kikiotolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Ranchhoddas: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
Richirich713:

Lol yeah
Is 'worship me or I throw you in hell' an unconditional statement?
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by dialfa: 3:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I didn't make any claim , you did , prove it

You are the first to mention north korea. why?
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Richirich713: 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

It's "live a moral life or I u will be judged by the one who is the judge of the world."
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Ranchhoddas: 4:48pm On Jul 09, 2016
Richirich713:

It's "live a moral life or I u will be judged by the one who is the judge of the world."
Will a moral life without Jesus attract the judgement?
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Richirich713: 4:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Those who don't hear the gospel, will be judge according to their deeds.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Ranchhoddas: 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
Richirich713:

Those who don't hear the gospel, will be judge according to their deeds.
This is not what I asked
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Richirich713: 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Whoever rejects Jesus, rejects salvation, therefore that person is still in his sins.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Ranchhoddas: 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
Richirich713:

Whoever rejects Jesus, rejects salvation, therefore that person is still in his sins.
So it's impossible to live a moral life without Jesus.
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Sirmuel1(m): 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

This if funny grin grin
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Richirich713: 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
So it's impossible to live a moral life without Jesus.

It's possible to live an overall moral life without Jesus, but by rejecting him, u choose not to be with God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Ranchhoddas: 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
Richirich713:

It's possible to live an overall moral life without Jesus, but by rejecting him, u choose not to be with God.
So all our ancestors that lived before christianity came to our shores chose not to be with God. Everyone in Saudi Arabia has chosen not to be with God. Is this your position?
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Richirich713: 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
So all our ancestors that lived before christianity came to our shores chose not to be with God. Everyone in Saudi Arabia has chosen not to be with God. Is this your position.

They never heard the gospel but they have the law written on their hearts. And it's according to that they'll be judge. Every human being intuitively knows what is right and what is wrong, what they ought to do and they ought not to do, and they ought to love their neighbor as they love themselves.

As for Saudi Arabia, it depends on whether they rejected the true gospel, not a false version of it. And what's also critical is the information they had when they choose to reject Jesus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Ranchhoddas: 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
Richirich713:

They never heard the gospel but they have the law written on their hearts. And it's according to that they'll be judge. Every human being intuitively knows what is right and what is wrong, what they ought to do and they ought not to do, and they ought to love their neighbor as they love themselves.

As for Saudi Arabia, it depends on whether they rejected the true gospel, not a false version of it. And what's also critical is the information they had when they choose to reject Jesus.
What does it mean to have the law written on their hearts? The only laws they knew were the laws of their land. Can I not love my neighbour without Christ?
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Richirich713: 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What does it mean to have the law written on their hearts?

It means they intuitively know what is right and what is wrong, what they ought to do and what they ought not to do. Only brainwashing an individual will change that.

Ranchhoddas:

The only laws they knew were the laws of their land. Can I not love my neighbour without Christ?

U can but we all break that law, therefore we must be judged, that's the right thing to do. God is the perfect judge, meaning he punishes all sins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Ranchhoddas: 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2016
Richirich713:

It means they intuitively know what is right and what is wrong, what they ought to do and what they ought not to do. Only brainwashing an individual will change that.

U can but we all break that law, therefore we must be judged, that's the right thing to do. God is the perfect judge, meaning he punishes all sins.

I dot not. I know intuitively to treat all men as I would want to be treated. Why do I need Jesus?
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by promise10: 7:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Is the love unconditional?
Yes! So what else?
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Richirich713: 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I dot not. I know intuitively to treat all men as I would want to be treated. Why do I need Jesus?

U need Jesus if u are a sinner. Now if u have treated others fairly and never done anything u knew u ought not to do, then I must say u are the first person I have ever meet who claim to be morally perfect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by 2special(m): 8:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
O.P,pls you dont have to be victim of your own ignorant......my take is simple....May the 'True' God reveal himself to us.....
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Ranchhoddas: 8:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
Richirich713:

U need Jesus if u are a sinner. Now if u have treated others fairly and never done anything u knew u ought not to do, then I must say u are the first person I have ever meet who claim to be morally perfect.
Even christians do not claim that. So what's the difference?
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Ranchhoddas: 8:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
promise10:
Yes! So what else?
Define 'unconditional'
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by Dejideji1(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2016
Sirmuel1:

YES, most Christians believe in
God out of fear. And that starts when they are children.
When a child is taken to church and told that he/she will burn
eternally in the fiery pits of hell unless they follow the rules
of the Bible and God's word, that instills fear.
I think believing in God is founded on the simple concept of
fear of the Devil, and Hell.

Bro let me make something clear here, you seem to be forgetting the fact that there is a consequence for every action taken, (at least from the universal law of cause and effect you should understand better)

I really don't see this as threats as you have been claiming, they are just consequences of the actions you decide to take, and it's only natural for fear to come in. I don't even see any reason to be afraid if you are doing the right thing.

Let me give practical examples if i warn you not to smoke, do drugs, fornicate etc. I'm not threatening you, I'm only doing that out of love and concern because i know the repercussions. And it's only natural for you to be afraid of doing them, especially when i make you realize the repercussions.

The only difference with God and probably the reason why you are ranting and feeling bitter is the issue of eternal torment, why will God punish someone forever? now let me tell you something you may not know.

God operates in a realm of timelessness (eternal), so when you die, you slip into the realm of timelessness and what ever happens there is eternal.

We are currently existing in a realm governed by time and that is why we can make decisions and corrections, but take time out of the equation and you will see that is no longer possible. That is why we normally hear, "there is no correction after death, you face judgment"

1 Like

Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by datGuyJoo: 7:54am On Jul 11, 2016
maybe not so smh as I thought. Interesting article. #thumbsUp
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by petomas(m): 7:59am On Jul 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Abandon Christianity at your own detriment
Muslim now trying to restrict Gospel
Preachin in Abuja under Buhari watch .
RCCG Pastor’ Wife, Lady Evangelist
Murdered While Preaching In Abuja,5
Muslim Youths Arrested
Deaconess Eunice Elisha Killed While
Preaching The Gospel During Morning
Cry In Kubwa Abuja, 5 Muslim Youths
Arrested
5 religious extremists have been
arrested in connection to the murder of
a lady evangelist in Kubwa area of
Abuja earlier today.
The victim, 42-year-old Eunice Elisha,
the wife of Pastor Olawale Elisha of
RCCG Divine Touch Parish in Kubwa
was hacked to death by some
suspected extremists while preaching
the gospel in Gbazango West area of
Kubwa around 5:30am today.
Her killers reportedly left her in the
pool of her blood with her megaphone,
bible and cellphone.
Area resident said the deceased is a
lovely woman who had been preaching
in the area in the past 16 years.
Earlier today, residence heard her
voice as usual but few minutes later,
they heard her screaming blood of
Jesus repeatedly before her voice died
down.
She was later found in the pool of her
own blood.
Pastor Olawale Elisha who looked
dejected expressed shock today over
the brutal murder of his wife of many
years and the mother of his seven
children.
The corpse of Eunice Elisha has been
deposited in a mortuary in the area.
Meanwhile, police have arrested 5
Muslim youths fingered in the brutal
murder of Mrs Elisha.
May her soul rest in peace (amen).
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by deluxez12(m): 8:20am On Jul 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Sure why not .
do u believe Jesus is black not white?
Re: 20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity by lawani: 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2019
We need theology not the religions of Islam and Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Deliver This Monkey From The Spirit Of Masturbation / Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me / This Happened In Isreal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.