Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) (55918 Views)

Girl With Natural Blue Eyes In Nasarawa (Photos) / 23 Best Crochet Twist Braid Ideas For Black Women(photos) / Have You Tried Hair Wonder Natural hair oil on Your Hair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by ireneony(f): 11:44am On Jul 09, 2016
This thread is to create awaereness for those who wants to go natural or transitioning.

In this thread we are going to share ideas on how to manage our hair.

I did my big chop February this year.
It has not been easy. Being natural is not an easy task.
I'm still trying my best to know more about natural hair.

What most black women don't know is, what works for another person might not work for you. Yes! I do watch youtube channel. The truth is whenever i try to manipulate my hair the way i watch it on youtube, i end up causing more damages to my hair.

These points am about to give out are based on my hair journey, which wasn't even serious..lol.

1.constant combing of hair: combing your hair always is a no! no!. The black hair as many of us call it afro hair like to left alone. It's advisable when you comb your hair, pls do it with a wide tooth comb. #stay away from those combs that have damaged edges(which makes it easy to strip the hair.

2.everyday conditioning: when you condition your hair, it makes it easy to manage

3.Shampoos: it's not advisable to shampoo (afro/kinky) hair constantly. constant shampooing may result in dryness of hair.do it once in two weeks.

4. Leave in conditioner: this is another good way to manage your hair.

5. Twist out: this serve as a protective style. This also save you a lot of time, so, you dont have to worry about getting your hair wet everyday.

6. Massaging the scalp of your hair:massaging the scalp of your hair with a good hair treatment also helps to grow an healthy hair.

7. Protective styling: this is another great way to manage your hair. Braids/weaves serve as protective style.

8.Tight braids/weaves: if you want to have an healthy hair, it is always advisable to avoid tight/weaves. Cos you may end up doing more damage to your hair. Always inform your hair stylist to go easy on your hair.

Note: these are based on my hair journey:

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by vicstar(m): 11:45am On Jul 09, 2016
irene embarassed

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Ferdyboss: 11:46am On Jul 09, 2016
I love natural

7 Likes

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 09, 2016
Haba!this is not the right section for this thread,mods should move this to fashion section.

Ur hair is not really fine grin

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 09, 2016

Nice one bestie.........

Ireneony kiss

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by ireneony(f): 11:50am On Jul 09, 2016
SANDOSKI:

Nice one bestie.........

Ireneony kiss

thanks dear cheesy
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 09, 2016
Team beardy loading. wink
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by SweetieConstie(f): 11:50am On Jul 09, 2016
Nice! smiley

1 Like

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 09, 2016
Yay! I've been transitioning since January and I finally had my big chop in June.
My hair routine is pretty simple for now. I co-wash everyday, moisturize with shea butter and seal with coconut oil everyday. I only comb my hair after conditioning.
Every two weeks, I deep condition overnight with hair mayonnaise, avocado, egg yolk and honey.
I wash with shampoo every two weeks too.
Shrinkage is a bïtch, by the way angry

26 Likes

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by ernesty20(m): 12:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
See ur head like where fowl scatter ground..

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by LaurelP(m): 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
Mtcheeeew.
When u talk about Money?
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by naijamakossa(m): 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
u shouldn't make it strictly women some of us also like afro
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by MEGGATRON(m): 12:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
wow !

isnt she special ? Irene noni please let me be your sugar boy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by ireneony(f): 12:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
ernesty20:
See ur head like where fowl scatter ground..
oga show us your girlfriend own..

People like you makes black women feel ashamed to rock their natural hair.

Think before you type.

Receive sense!

This is the last time i will quote you.

Have a nice day bye..

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by MEGGATRON(m): 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
prettythicksme:
Haba!this is not the right section for this thread,mods should move this to fashion section.

you want to replace ishilove ni abi kilode?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by ireneony(f): 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
naijamakossa:
u shouldn't make it strictly women some of us also like afro
you may as well educate us more on this smiley.

6 Likes

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
MEGGATRON:

you want to replace ishilove ni abi kilode?
Na ur thread? undecided i will not vote for you again. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by AbuMikey(m): 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2016
This Girl is Pretty sha

12 Likes

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by MEGGATRON(m): 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2016
prettythicksme:
Na ur thread? undecided i will not vote for you again. cheesy

ha!!! oya sorry oooo

kini Mo dale bayi ?
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by LuveU2(f): 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
I love my natural hair too smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by ireneony(f): 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
Lalasticlala, rocktation..
Pls help me move this to the right section.
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by iykekelvins(m): 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2016
Lovely hair

1 Like

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by ireneony(f): 12:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
LuveU2:
good to know.
Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
MEGGATRON:

[color=#990000][/color]
sobolation grin angry

1 Like

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by MEGGATRON(m): 12:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
AbuMikey:
This Girl is Pretty sha

you think ?

she is gorgeous , adorable , exquisite and and and and .......and and STUNNING .

BROS EASY O ALL THESE SHE IS ?

Bros she is more , I stopped because I was short of words to describe her glowing beautiful face.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
LuveU2:
Wey d natural hair?

6 Likes

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by PunkyV(f): 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
Well...it kinda screams Bushman or bag lady, but at least you got the face to pull the whole look off.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2016
fine girl #Team natural hair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Fadedjeans: 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
I had my big chop in July 2014, so my hair is going to be 3 years this month. My advice to people who want to go natural is that you've got to be ready for it. It's not easy and you've got to adopt a routine. I don't have a regular one I follow cause I'm quite lazy when it comes to my hair embarassed. But I never miss out on the protective styling and I always look forward to when I get my hair braided or fix my weave cheesy. Shea butter, coconut oil, conditioners(detanglers, leave-in) and shampoo are a must have for all natural sistas.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by ernesty20(m): 12:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
ireneony:
oga show us your girlfriend own..

People like you makes black women feel ashamed to rock their natural hair.

Think before you type.

Receive sense!

This is the last time i will quote you.

Have a nice day bye..
your hair looks unkept.. That is what i'm saying. Go and do sth about it. If u are pained, that is ur business

40 Likes

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by LuveU2(f): 12:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
prettythicksme:
Wey d natural hair?
Come my aus

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Black Women With Natural Hair: My Experience (photos) by Fadedjeans: 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2016
Bantu knots, fav!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beautiful native wear- Men, Women And Kids / Where Do I Buy Lace Wigs In Nigeria? / 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.