Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Starting A School. My Constraints. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Starting A School. My Constraints. (947 Views)

See The Situation Of A School Classrooms In Imo State (photos) / “I Wore This To School & My Lecturer Called Me A Tout” – Lady (photo) / Question Paper Of A School In Abuja For Primary Four Pupils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A School. My Constraints. by olureignforever: 11:45am On Jul 09, 2016
Hi Nairalanders,help somebody. I want to start a school. But my constraints are these.

1. Location. Where am planning to use is far from the main road and it's not motorable.

2. Already there are two schools in which one just opened to kick start by sept. My location is farther than d two schools.

I need answers to this to help me make a decision.

1. Can distance determine where your child school.

2. How much can you pay for such school.

3. What wld you suggest I do in case of location since it's d only place I have for now till I gain my ground.

Thanks. Mature contribution will be highly appreciated.
Re: Starting A School. My Constraints. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 09, 2016
The location is a great determinant of what your school will be like and also the tuition fees to be charged. Don't forget, you've mentioned there are already two schools within the vicinity which also heightens competitiveness.

So I will advice you first of all do research on both schools tuition fees, there modus operandi, what make them have edge over others, talk to one or two parents of wards in those schools and so much more.

I have a seasoned educationist that have been in the education industry for long and think he can offer good professional advice on that. I will have to seek his consent though. Or better still leave me with your contact here and state the location of the school so I inform him. Hopefully he'll get in touch with you and you both can take it up from there.
Re: Starting A School. My Constraints. by olureignforever: 12:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
partnerus:
The location is a great determinant of what your school will be like and also the tuition fees to be charged. Don't forget, you've mentioned there are already two schools within the vicinity which also heightens competitiveness.

So I will advice you first of all do research on both schools tuition fees, there modus operandi, what make them have edge over others, talk to one or two parents of wards in those schools and so much more.

I have a seasoned educationist that have been in the education industry for long and think he can offer good professional advice on that. I will have to seek his consent though. Or better still leave me with your contact here and state the location of the school so I inform him. Hopefully he'll get in touch with you and you both can take it up from there.

I have done my research on the tuition(from a parent who just enrolled her child in the first school). The first school charges 12k plus, uniform, sport wear and cardigan. So the tuition should be around 5k. N I was advised to bring down my own price to attract student. Say like 3k. I don't see how dt will be possible considering what I want to offer. How will I pay teachers etc.
Re: Starting A School. My Constraints. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2016
olureignforever:

I have done my research on the tuition(from a parent who just enrolled her child in the first school). The first school charges 12k plus, uniform, sport wear and cardigan. So the tuition should be around 5k. N I was advised to bring down my own price to attract student. Say like 3k. I don't see how dt will be possible considering what I want to offer. How will I pay teachers etc.

I am in support that you should bring down the tuition as a start-up venture so as to attract pupils to the school but this shouldn't be far below your overhead costs.
Also try get qualified and experience teachers too as this will go a long way in portraying the image of the school good before parents outside and then propel them to bring their wards.
Before anything, make your teachers know that this is a start-up and also make them to know that they are stakeholders in this venture. Don't forget to reassure them that they'll reap th reward of there hardwork and diligence as soon as the fortunes of the school change for the better. Always them a sense of belonging and pride through constant meetings with the teaching staffs at close intervals were you all can brainstorm as a team.
Never boss yourself over them but rather see yourself as the leader of a team. This way, they'll get to give tangible contributions which in no small measure will improve the lot of the school.
Finally, match your hitherto promise with action. If possible go extra miles just to put quality smiles on their face. By so doing, you've given them a sense of accomplishment. If possible offer tuition rebates or scholarships to the wards of staffs you feel are in dire need of such good gesture. By so doing, you've boost their moral and challenge them to b more productive than ever.
Finally, commit the entire management and running of the school in God's care. I don't remember anything that has failed in God's hand.
Re: Starting A School. My Constraints. by olureignforever: 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2016
partnerus:

I am in support that you should bring down the tuition as a start-up venture so as to attract pupils to the school but this shouldn't be far below your overhead costs.
Also try get qualified and experience teachers too as this will go a long way in portraying the image of the school good before parents outside and then propel them to bring their wards.
Before anything, make your teachers know that this is a start-up and also make them to know that they are stakeholders in this venture. Don't forget to reassure them that they'll reap th reward of there hardwork and diligence as soon as the fortunes of the school change for the better. Always them a sense of belonging and pride through constant meetings with the teaching staffs at close intervals were you all can brainstorm as a team.
Never boss yourself over them but rather see yourself as the leader of a team. This way, they'll get to give tangible contributions which in no small measure will improve the lot of the school.
Finally, match your hitherto promise with action. If possible go extra miles just to put quality smiles on their face. By so doing, you've given them a sense of accomplishment. If possible offer tuition rebates or scholarships to the wards of staffs you feel are in dire need of such good gesture. By so doing, you've boost their moral and challenge them to b more productive than ever.
Finally, commit the entire management and running of the school in God's care. I don't remember anything that has failed in God's hand.

Thanks so much I really appreciate ur contribution. God Bless the work of ur hands
Re: Starting A School. My Constraints. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 09, 2016
olureignforever:

Thanks so much I really appreciate ur contribution. God Bless the work of ur hands

Amen and you too.

(1) (Reply)

Tricky Fraction Question Most Waec Students Failed - Samimath.com / JAMB UTME 2017 Information And Updates / If You Choose Mapoly As 1st And 2nd Choice ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.