Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Mother Inlaw Problem - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Inlaw Problem (1107 Views)

I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. / My Mother Inlaw Wants To Bath With Me / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Inlaw Problem by Abuja1(m): 5:58am On Sep 10, 2009
why is it that anytime my mother inlaw need money and call my wife, my wife will not be happy any more, even if we dnt have the money then, our sex life will turn apert, please what will i do? b/cos this is distruying my family HELP HELP HELP.
Re: Mother Inlaw Problem by Outstrip(f): 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2009
Talk to your wife. You can help in laws but not at the cost of happiness in your marriage
Re: Mother Inlaw Problem by Pittbaby(f): 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2009
True talk to your wife , i am sure nobody did that to your mother in -law in her matrimonial home so she should not enforce it on her daughter
Re: Mother Inlaw Problem by Abuja1(m): 7:39am On Sep 20, 2009
thanx for the advice i am greatful
Re: Mother Inlaw Problem by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 20, 2009
Re: Mother Inlaw Problem by mamagee6(f): 11:13pm On Sep 20, 2009
Thank you.
Re: Mother Inlaw Problem by Theblessed(f): 12:18am On Sep 21, 2009
Hmmm!! Not very nice!  But does your wife work as well? What about your own mother? Is she alive and well, too? If so, based on your joint income you and your wife should reach an agreement where you send both ladies specific amount every quarter (Be firm, here!). I assume you have a family to feed and care for, too.  In addition, I think that's appropriate and equitable to look after both mothers, don't you think so?  However, where the opposite is the case, still set aside specific amount to send your mum In-law on a quarterly basis in order to give your household the gap and time it needs to recover and prepare for the next.  Hope it brings back the happiness that's been missing in the home, now!  Good luck!!
Re: Mother Inlaw Problem by Abuja1(m): 11:46am On Sep 23, 2009
@ theblessed, thank you have a point there, my wife is not working, and we have two childrean to take care,she is trading my mother inlaw, and my mother is still alive but my junior once are taking care of her, i make sure i setlled them before geting married,
Re: Mother Inlaw Problem by benincitys(f): 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2009
i have the same problem at the moment i just call a uncle who loss his son a week ago to greet him
ever before i could say sorry he ask me for 200thousand# ,now i am confuse don't know what to do this money i don't have it ,
everybody think you have money when you live in Europa.
Re: Mother Inlaw Problem by Outstrip(f): 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2009
what did he say he needs N200000 for
Re: Mother Inlaw Problem by nose: 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2009
Abuja1, i feel it will be a good idea if you find out from your wife the reason for her attitude when such demand comes in from your mother in-law. With that u will get to knowing why snd be able to ait together and resolve the issue. Dont forget you are to be supportive of each other
Re: Mother Inlaw Problem by nose: 5:20pm On Sep 23, 2009
Abuja1, i feel it will be a good idea if you find out from your wife the reason for her attitude when such demand comes in from your mother in-law. With that u will get to knowing why snd be able to ait together and resolve the issue. Dont forget you are to be supportive of each other
Re: Mother Inlaw Problem by Theblessed(f): 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2009
Abuja1:

@ theblessed, thank you have a point there, my wife is not working, and we have two childrean to take care,she is trading my mother inlaw, and my mother is still alive but my junior once are taking care of her, i make sure i setlled them before geting married,

[b]That's ok!  Hope it helps!  You see, creating and sustaining a happy family is not an easy job but, one has to balance things well.  Well done for taking care of your mum and younger brothers/sister before settling down!  Not many guys consider this idea before getting married as they don't understand the effect Marriage can have on a strong family BOND i.e. the bond between brothers, sisters, mum's, dad's, uncles, aunts, nephews and nieces. Thus they feel that now they are married they shouldn't bother with their family any more.
I disagree! For marriage should not interfere in your relationship with your loved ones - your family. 

Yes, one has to do what one can do for one's family without loosing focus on one's own priorities - your Children.  Equally, it's nice you'd done your bit for your younger brothers and sisters and quite rightly they should be taking care of mum/dad as to give you a BREATHER for your own young family. But does one really have a breather in relationships? I don't think so because one's wife side of the family might need help and you should support them,  occasionally.  However, where one focuses on one's own marriage and leave the burden for the younger ones, tell me, what would become of mum/dad when everyone flew the NEST and focus on their own marriages and children? Well, your leadership calls for a lot here and it would be nice you show good leadership and that would greatly benefit mum/dad.  Remember, a ' A burden shared is a burden less heavier'.  I come from a very large family myself and I know how burdensome it can be for the elder members of the family as well as mum/dad when everyone focus on their lives without a thought.

Your situation is not bad, and I assume your wife, does help her mum/dad occasionally, irrespective of her trade without you knowing about it.  Naturally, we women do but, don't ask me why?  Maybe, because of our nurturing nature and no woman would deny this fact!grin grin grin grin grin grin. Personally, I have done it millions of times for both sides of the family without my husband knowing about it.  But hey, family gossips still do bring it to him and there you have it but, without offence cool cool cool cool cool cool cool.lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
Notwithstanding you had done your bit for them please, still do help both sides the best you can especially, at this economic hard-scratch time we're all in.
[/b]
Re: Mother Inlaw Problem by nose: 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2009
@TheBlessed,
Good talk

(1) (Reply)

Long Distance--mother And Wife? / Can We Call This True Love As She Claim? / Advice Needed Urgently!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.