Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. (20449 Views)

Teacher Uses Extraordinary Chalkboard Drawing Skills To Teach Students Anatomy / Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? / These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2016
32. There may be 20 trillion galaxies in the universe.

33. Jupiter’s moon Europa may have oceans of water beneath its dry surface and it is a major target in the search for life in the Solar System.

source: http://www.amazingspacefacts.50webs.com/

3 Likes

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 9:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
34. It is estimated that there are as many as 370,000 pieces of space junk floating in Earth's orbit, travelling at speeds of up to 22,000 mph. They're abandoned satellites, rockets/old rockets.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
35. There is a diamond floating in our galaxy that is bigger than Earth.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
36. There is a planet called HD189733b where it rains glass sideways.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 9:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
35. Satellites are programmed to avoid meteorites so that they don’t get destroyed. Of over 8,000 satellites orbiting the Earth, only one has ever been hit and destroyed by a meteorite.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Taiyescott(m): 9:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
Kip it coming, am all eyes..
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by shurlar50(m): 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
Learning mode activated. This thread and the one about Aliens reminds me of The AGENTS OF SHIELD tv series (that scene when Hive was hanging on space with Agent Lincoln (Linkin)

3 Likes

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2016
36.An asteroid impact some 65 million years ago contributed to the extinction of the dinosaurs. (It was one of several factors that affected all life on Earth at that time.)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 10:05pm On Jul 09, 2016
dayjee:
Explorer thanks for educating me about the universe...your threads are always onpoint...GOD bless you...

Lol....Amen, tnx bro.

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:16pm On Jul 09, 2016
Explorers:
7. Our solar system’s biggest mountain is on Mars.

Olympus Mons on Mars is the tallest mountain on any of the planets of the Solar System. The mountain is a gigantic shield volcano (similar to volcanoes found in the Haiiwain Islands) standing at
26 kilometres
tall and sprawling 600 kilometres across. To put this into scale, this makes the mountain almost three times the height of Mount Everest.

image: thinglink. com
How I Thought Everest Is 29,000km Tall??

So How Is Bigger??

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
Explorers:
29. Solar flares reach temperatures of 10 million °C and have the energy of a million atom bombs.

30. The moon is the only other world that humans have set foot on. Because the moon has no atmosphere or wind, the footprints planted in its dusty surface in 1969 by the Apollo astronauts are still there today, perfectly preserved.
why have man not be able to go the moon recently?

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 11:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
How I Thought Everest Is 29,000km Tall??

So How Is Bigger??

29, 000km ke

*. The Mount Olympus on mars is 26km( 85,301ft).

*. Mount Everest is 8.8Km(29,029ft).

Se u get bro?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
Explorers:
And your friends always complain that you never go anywhere.
i wish they would see dis

2 Likes

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by tundelis(m): 1:16am On Jul 10, 2016
Though I be regular late comer for sec sch in Babangida days grin but hope say I no too late enter here sad
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by ellguapo: 4:29am On Jul 10, 2016
Mind Blowing shocked I think I need to sign up for the Mars One
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 5:42am On Jul 10, 2016
37. 225 million years is the time taken by our solar system to rotatearound the Milky way. Dinosaurs just began to roam on the Earth, the last time Earth was in its current position.

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Vince77(m): 5:59am On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers:
37. 225 million years is the time taken by our solar system to rotatearound the Milky way. Dinosaurs just began to roam on the Earth, the last time Earth was in its current position.

I cant even see anything d pointer is showing as where the milkyway is. U mean we r dat small tiny?
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by tk4rd: 5:59am On Jul 10, 2016
In that case, we need stronger telescopes that can conviniently go up to 50billion years back into space, so that we can see what happened before THE BIG BANG.
Explorers:
4. The Hubble telescope allows us to look back billions of years into the past.

The Hubble Telescope enables us to look towards very distant objects in the universe. Thanks to this remarkable piece of engineering NASA has been able to create some incredible images, one of which is the Hubble Ultra Deep Field. Created using images from the telescope from 2003 and 2004, the incredible picture displays a tiny patch of the sky in immense detail; it contains 10,000 objects, most of them younggalaxies, and acts as a portal back in time. Inone picture we are transported 13 billion years into the past, just 400 to 800 million years after the Big Bang, which is early in terms of the universe’s history.
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 6:10am On Jul 10, 2016
kingcity:
why have man not be able to go the moon recently?

I read that NASA's focus was redirected towards building of space shuttle, due to the public losing interest in moon landing.

The project requires lots of money. As at 1966, the budget was $5.933 billion dollars (around $43 billion today.)
May be there will be other covered reasons.

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 6:25am On Jul 10, 2016
Vince77:

I cant even see anything d pointer is showing as where the milkyway is. U mean we r dat small tiny?

It shows how vast the universe is bro. Its just like someone in space, looking towards Asia and trying to see the world's tallest building in Dubai or world's largest ship on the ocean. You wont see a shït.

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by majour(m): 7:20am On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers:

I read that NASA's focus was redirected towards building of space shuttle, due to the public losing interest in moon landing.

The project requires lots of money. As at 1966, the budget was $5.933 billion dollars (around $43 billion today.)
May be there will be other covered reasons.
heard Buzz Aldrin say that they were warned off the moon by aliens, never to return, also heard him say they were huge space ships parked on the far side of the moon, got the clips, what do u think, conspiracy?

1 Like

Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 7:27am On Jul 10, 2016
majour:
heard Buzz Aldrin say that they were warned off the moon by aliens, never to return, also heard him say they were huge space ships parked on the far side of the moon, got the clips, what do u think, conspiracy?

Lol.....aint sure about that o, getting this for the first time.
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 7:28am On Jul 10, 2016
ellguapo:
Mind Blowing shocked I think I need to sign up for the Mars One

am interested too ogrin
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by majour(m): 7:34am On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers:

Lol.....aint sure about that o, getting this for the first time.
Try doing a research into it, I think a lot of truth has bin suppressed mostly by the big heads, alien sightings, truth abt the marshian moon and the threat that lies out there that we don't know abt, when the sanction was placed on Russia then, putin threatened the world economy especially united state that it Wud reveal the truth abt the alien coverup, so many things bro, just do ur research on them, interesting dey r, goes deeper to the reason why the mainstream media Wud never report anything abt UFO sightings and all, wish I cud share my clips with u, I love ur sense of explore
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Explorers(m): 7:38am On Jul 10, 2016
majour:
Try doing a research into it, I think a lot of truth has bin suppressed mostly by the big heads, alien sightings, truth abt the marshian moon and the threat that lies out there that we don't know abt, when the sanction was placed on Russia then, putin threatened the world economy especially united state that it Wud reveal the truth abt the alien coverup, so many things bro, just do ur research on them, interesting dey r, goes deeper to the reason why the mainstream media Wud never report anything abt UFO sightings and all, wish I cud share my clips with u, I love ur sense of explore

Aiite bro, tnx.
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by timawoku(m): 7:48am On Jul 10, 2016
vincentico:
Could it be possible to look forward into the future like if the telescope was turned the other way round?
I get you, but of what use would it be to look at future stars? Even looking at the past start sef is boring enough...lol
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by phranq(m): 8:01am On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers:
5. There’s a giant cloud of alcohol in Sagittarius B.

Sagittarius B is a vast molecular cloud of gas and dust floating near the centre of the Milky Way, 26,000 light-years from Earth, 463,000,000,000 kilometres in diameter and, amazingly, it contains 10-billion-billion-billion litres of alcohol. The vinyl alcoholin the cloud is far from the most flavour some tipple in the universe, but it is an important organic molecule which offers some clues how the first building blocks of life-forming substances are produced.

cloud of alcohol?? plz can I hv d address of dat place abeg
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Owobobrown(m): 8:12am On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers:
chai there is God ooooo
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Meesquared(m): 8:32am On Jul 10, 2016
I love astronomy. how can I study this? need to leave this country gosh
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 8:46am On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers:

29, 000km ke

*. The Mount Olympus on mars is 26km( 85,301ft).
*. Mount Everest is 8.8Km(29,029ft).
Se u get bro?
Yea I Nw Get It
Ft Nd Km
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Vince77(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers:

It shows how vast the universe is bro. Its just like someone in space, looking towards Asia and trying to see the world's tallest building in Dubai or world's largest ship on the ocean. You wont see a shït.

Wow. Its big indeed.
Re: Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. by Aremu01(m): 10:22am On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers:
Chai

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike / The Deplorable Condition Of Primary School In Kogi (Photos) / COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.