Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February (10792 Views)

You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC / #2.20kobo: First Driving Licence My Dad Acquired In 1975(Photos). / How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by longlife101: 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
Please advise: I obtained a temporary Drivers Licence on the 10th of February, that expired 10th of April. I was told before its expiration that I would be "sent" an SMS to come for the permanent one. 'til now I've not seen any text message to come for the Permanent one.

-I am told by the Road Safety guy who helped capture my details, when I called him, that I could come for another re-issue of a Temporary Drivers Licence, pending when the permanent one is ready.

I have just been waiting to see if the permanent one will be ready, so if I am going to their office (in Lagos), I get it at once, considering wasting a whole day off duty to get another Temporary one and to plan another off duty to get the permanent one. (Meanwhile, Temporary was from February to April, that is two months. Now, from April to July =3months: total of 5months I have not gotten the permanent original Drivers Licence)

In summary, does it take this long, and how would I know if it is ready should I not get an SMS? -kindly advise.
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by nnamdi1993: 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
Even my bros own isnt ready.since feb
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by pattybf(f): 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2016
pls check if ur driver license is ready wt the
following code:

NDL STATUS LSR36111AA21 TO 33811

replace d license no wt urs!

works only on mtn network, #50 is being charged!
if its not ready, pls visit ur capture center wt d
temporary card for an extension!

unfortunately, this is d kind of system we ve in Nija. permanent card is sent only from Abuja. there is nothing anyone can do until they send it. @least, wt d code above, u can know when is ready for pick but for d time being, u need to get an extension of d temporary one to continue driving. goodluck!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by Namzy(m): 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
Is this licence number that of the temporary drivers licence?
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by longlife101: 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
pattybf:
pls check if ur driver license is ready wt the
following code:

NDL STATUS LSR36111AA21 TO 33811

replace d license no wt urs!

works only on mtn network, #50 is being charged!
if its not ready, pls visit ur capture center wt d
temporary card for an extension!

unfortunately, this is d kind of system we ve in Nija. permanent card is sent only from Abuja. there is nothing anyone can do until they send it. @least, wt d code above, u can know when is ready for pick but for d time being, u need to get an extension of d temporary one to continue driving. goodluck!

I have been using this Short Code...but recently it is returning an MTN "...purchase of SMS Payment..." prompt...wondering which way forward.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by jodeci(m): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2016
Please will the extension cost any money? mine is not also ready since 15th of Feb 2016.
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by longlife101: 8:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
jodeci:
Please will the extension cost any money? mine is not also ready since 15th of Feb 2016.
In Omowomi's voice, "if you ask me, na who I go ask...the matter were you see so, eheavy for mouth".

-But we can ask our 'Landlord' Seun or lalasticlala or ishilove, they may point us, at least, to the right direction.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by pattybf(f): 10:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
Getting extension is foc!
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by longlife101: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
pattybf:
Getting extension is foc!
Just the time to go there and wait all day to get the Extension for the Temporary one again. -I think it is free.

No one knows what's happening causing the delay in getting the permanent original Drivers Licence? Lalasticlala?
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by pattybf(f): 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2016
longlife101:
Just the time to go there and wait all day to get the Extension for the Temporary one again. -I think it is free.

No one knows what's happening causing the delay in getting the permanent original Drivers Licence? Lalasticlala?

it doesnt require waiting either!
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by longlife101: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
pattybf:

it doesnt require waiting either!
How do you mean? -have you gone to any Lagos Road Safety Office to have something to do with Drivers Licence and don't meet queue? -then factor my circumstance as stated in the opening of this thread
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by pattybf(f): 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
longlife101:
How do you mean? -have you gone to any Lagos Road Safety Office to have something to do with Drivers Licence and don't meet queue? -then factor my circumstance as stated in the opening of this thread

U forgot that things ve changed now. gone r d days when people rush to get driver license! its now a process, just a handful of applicants come for capturing daily n leave in a jiffy, much less ordinary extension.

I can authoritatively tell u this!

1 Like

Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by longlife101: 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
pattybf:

U forgot that things ve changed now. gone r d days when people rush to get driver license! its now a process, just a handful of applicants come for capturing daily n leave in a jiffy, much less ordinary extension.

I can authoritatively tell u this!
OK, if you say so. 'cus when I went for registration and capturing I wasted two days. -first day was no 'network' after the stress of payment and test...and this was in February.
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by Curdlebug(m): 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hello, Please, after purchasing a nigerian used vehicle say in lagos, can i drive this vehicle to Abuja with the current papers(up to date) without FRSC and Police troubles on the road. Which after, i could do the change of ownership at Abuja.
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by pattybf(f): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
Curdlebug:
Hello, Please, after purchasing a nigerian used vehicle say in lagos, can i drive this vehicle to Abuja with the current papers(up to date) without FRSC and Police troubles on the road. Which after, i could do the change of ownership at Abuja.

yes u may, since u ve ur complete papers, up to date like u said. but for change of ownership, it is only done where d vehicle is registered. if its not registered in Abuja, it means u can't effect d change there.
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by Curdlebug(m): 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
pattybf:

yes u may, since u ve ur complete papers, up to date like u said. but for change of ownership, it is only done where d vehicle is registered. if its not registered in Abuja, it means u can't effect d change there.
allocation of plate no, proof of ownership, up to date vehicle license, purchase receipt n transfer of ownership letter, the transfer of ownership letter of an individual shouldn necessary be letter headed??
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by pattybf(f): 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
Curdlebug:
allocation of plate no, proof of ownership, up to date vehicle license, purchase receipt n transfer of ownership letter, the transfer of ownership letter of an individual shouldn necessary be letter headed??

correct!
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 11, 2016
longlife101:
Please advise: I obtained a temporary Drivers Licence on the 10th of February, that expired 10th of April. I was told before its expiration that I would be "sent" an SMS to come for the permanent one. 'til now I've not seen any text message to come for the Permanent one.

-I am told by the Road Safety guy who helped capture my details, when I called him, that I could come for another re-issue of a Temporary Drivers Licence, pending when the permanent one is ready.

I have just been waiting to see if the permanent one will be ready, so if I am going to their office (in Lagos), I get it at once, considering wasting a whole day off duty to get another Temporary one and to plan another off duty to get the permanent one. (Meanwhile, Temporary was from February to April, that is two months. Now, from April to July =3months: total of 5months I have not gotten the permanent original Drivers Licence)

In summary, does it take this long, and how would I know if it is ready should I not get an SMS? -kindly advise.

After checking with the code above and you discover its still not out, possibly go back to the station and demand that the frsc head/admin at the said station should send a report to Abuja with regard to your license. This work some times. But generally, there has been some kind of delay in the release of permanent driver's license lately. Hope this is resolved shortly.
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by longlife101: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2016
achalugonata:

After checking with the code above and you discover its still not out, possibly go back to the station and demand that the frsc head/admin at the said station should send a report to Abuja with regard to your license. This work some times. But generally, there has been some kind of delay in the release of permanent driver's license lately. Hope this is resolved shortly.
The code is no more working... Just the "time"... hoping to only take a day off preferably to get the permanent one.
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by Electroweb(m): 8:47am On Sep 13, 2016
achalugonata:

I know someone who did capturing about 6months ago at the Ikeja FRSC but till TOAY the license is not ready. What can the person do? Where should he channel his complaint?
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by longlife101: 8:55am On Sep 13, 2016
Finally got an SMS from FRSC to come for my original, I collected it mid August. -(Applied since February).

Cheer's
Re: Please Advise, Drivers Licence Not Ready Since February by naiviris: 3:20pm On May 30, 2017
I did mine since October 2015, this is May 2017 and it is still not ready.

I am a working class so I don't always have the time to check at their office often so everytime I have to travel, I would simply go there and get an extension of my temporary license.

Amazingly annoying.

(1) (Reply)

Cummins Just Beat Tesla In The Race To Build A Semi Electric Truck / Abuja Ban On Minibuses Starts Today / Is Opel Zafira A Good Car For A Transport Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.