Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! (24499 Views)

How Many Years Driving Experience Do I Need To Drive From Abuja To Ibadan / Driving from the south east to the south west. / Anyone Here Got Tips For Someone Driving From Lagos To Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by femimat(m): 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
Leave early.. The road not too bad... Get your tint permit before you leave... Just capture and get some backup papers.... I travelled same route in March... Lagos to abuja and back... I went with my family.... It was fun... No police wahala... All those that stopped me... Had nothing against me... Only begging for money... Custom stopped once and cleared me...
Just have enough plan for fuel and set out early... It is about 10 hrs on average speed...
Safe trip and best of luck....

4 Likes

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by chukslawrence(m): 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
H
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Niyinficient(m): 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
Wen u get to lokoja, divert n take Ekiti route, between Kogi n Edo jst before Ibillo, d rate of robbery there is very bad, avoid that route pls

3 Likes

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Gbegiri101(m): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
1. Walk into any custom office, close to your base. I think there's one at ikeja, unity bus-stop.
Get them familiar with your paper issues, and that solves that.

2. About the road, I think it's a bit fair...had someone who recently came back from abj, and didn't complain about the road.( So you can double check), take a short visit to the long transit bus stations...there are major ones at yaba, and ojota park, ask the drivers that ply the route, as well..

3. Pursue search for answers on Google.

Thanks.

With this, you are good to go.

And yh, you can make a video of the journey, give us something to cheer about.

Remember, my dear friends, it is PHOTOSHOOT for Mr Nairaland 2016!!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by dominique(f): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
Absolutely no joy in driving on those death traps called Nigerian roads. I will never recommend it

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by wizkidblogger(f): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
Must you travel with the car? If yes, hire a driver from New Nyanya park so he can drive you to lag...
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Thelmerh(f): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
I don't really know d route very well. but I guess if u want to do a sleepover and continue d next day. go to Benin first from Benin u go to Lagos d next day
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
Why not follow one of this transport companies.
atleast when they takeoff,you follow after thats after if you must asked which of the bus is headed for Lagos.
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by yinkslinks(m): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
customs wont disturb you cus its been registered and i guess the car doesnt look tokunbo. police will want to disturb you cus of tint permit but u can change money N100 notes and give them N200 by saying officer on duty each time they stop you. you will spend 13 hours to lagos cus of the bad roads at okene and akungba. i buy and resell cars from lag to abuja so i am always on that road. good luck bro.
chiebube1:
I am planning to do Abuja to Lagos by road in a few weeks time. Please, i will need helpful suggestions on a) route to take: I have driven from Lagos to east severally but Lagos is farther.

b) state of the roads this rainy season.

c) effectiveness of new tinted permit on Nigerian roads cos i have the old tint permit.

d) Custom wahala. I have a custom papers. Paid about N187,500 for 2000 sienna in 2012.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by bettercreature(m): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
One word...DONT

#TheOracleHasSpoken
Tell him once again not to try it abeg

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 10, 2016
TrapQueen77:

When Americans bombed the Hiroshima, Japan. There was no GPS that time. They only checked the map and compass... angry

But u, u will only go to the next state but too many questions,, u don't have Google map app abi? Are u a foreigner to ur own land abi? ... Go take a bus so u won't get lost.

Chai....

That was uncalled for.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 10, 2016
kroosx:
wetin dey do ds 1.... if u cn help u help...if u cnt kindly shut ur mouth

Look at this mugu in his picture.. When did NL has a voice note? Isn't at everyone was juz typing? Do u open ur big mouth when u type?

Mttccheew
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by ojun50(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
Plsssssssss do 7days dry fasting because d road are angry with buhari administration.

U no GEJ use to pay tithe on d road bt dude hv refuse.
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Thelmerh(f): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
Gbegiri101:
1. Walk into any custom office, close to your base. I think there's one at ikeja, unity bus-stop.
Get them familiar with your paper issues, and that solves that.

2. About the road, I think it's a bit fair...had someone who recently came back from abj, and didn't complain about the road.( So you can double check), take a short visit to the long transit bus stations...there are major ones at yaba, and ojota park, ask the drivers that ply the route, as well..

3. Pursue search for answers on Google.

Thanks.

With this, you are good to go.

And yh, you can make a video of the journey, give us something to cheer about.

from abuja to Lagos not d other way round
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by englishmart(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
boy, you don't need any fucking advise. Go ahead to lagos. No big deal

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by busyfishing(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nairalanders will soon start asking for advice on when to eat,how to sleep,when to have s*x .bla bla.if u want to know ask google..what crap..
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by samzzycash(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
It will be better to sell off your car and fly Dana.. Don't quote me i just finish smoking weed

2 Likes

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by erico2k2(m): 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
TrapQueen77:

When Americans bombed the Hiroshima, Japan. There was no GPS that time. They only checked the map and compass... angry

But u, u will only go to the next state but too many questions,, u don't have Google map app abi? Are u a foreigner to ur own land abi? ... Go take a bus so u won't get lost.

Chai....

Its well Ohhh, SO map and Sat nav will contain details of road conditions during the wet seasons and Custom wahala spot, or do you find that in your own version of google? or would google tell him what to expect re-old tinted permit to new tinted permit

2 Likes

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by saintdennis(m): 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
uncle005:
What is the time of the match between Africa vs Portugal
8pm bro.

Hope the africans win!

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Gbegiri101(m): 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
Thelmerh:

from abuja to Lagos not d other way round

In that case, emi o mo yen ooo.
But ona is good sha'

Bros came home through it recently.

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Exponental(m): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
I love adventures.... Make it a night trip if your documents are not valid.
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by ritux: 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
chiebube1:
I am planning to do Abuja to Lagos by road in a few weeks time. Please, i will need helpful suggestions on a) route to take: I have driven from Lagos to east severally but Lagos is farther.

c) effectiveness of new tinted permit on Nigerian roads cos i have the old tint permit.

d) Custom wahala. I have a custom papers. Paid about N187,500 for 2000 sienna in 2012.

Many thanks.

For me, I will use:

Abuja - Lokoja - Okene - Auchi - Ekpoma - Benin (By-pass) - Ore - then straight down to Lasgidi.

Modified

If you leave Abuja as early as 5:30am, by 7:30am, you are at Lokoja. 9:15am you are at Okene. 1pm, you are in Benin outskirts. The road from Benin to Lagos is pretty good. By 8pm, you are in Lagos.

This is if you can do an average of 130-140km/h.

If you follow this route, the not too good section of the road is Lokoja to Okene and Okene to Okpella.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
wink wink NEED Ur support bro
olarhtunji:

e no mean say in go vote 4 u
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
vodutive:

you don't have to comment, 1) the guy asked for helpful comments 2) he didn't ask for a route map because he can't read a map or doesn't know the way, he asked because of the perculiar nature of driving in Nigeria an the state of our roads 3) again if you have nothing useful to add just resist the urge to comment!!

I don't have time to read ur sermon... Juz quote tat guy whatever u wish..

I'm done with my part... Abeg make shift somewhere else, ur blocking my way cool
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by des4ella(m): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
chiebube1:
Many thanks.
The road are very very very bad and dangerous too.. about 10 to 12hours journey depending on fast u move. I for help u come drive go abj for u...custom will surely delay u even wit u complete paper(officers on duties stuff abt 1k per point)... Police na anything u like.. as for me nothing for custom and police..jus pay me same change..
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by ojibole1(m): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
I'll advice ivuse a bus oh or take flight cos benin ekpoma roads a no go it will destroy ur car u can check nairaland u'll see topics with pictures of d dead state of d road.
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by ikorodureporta: 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
uncle005:
What is the time of the match between Africa vs Portugal

...Lalasticlala don forget sey match dey
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Elhabeeb1(m): 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
I did it early this year, make sure you don't drive at night but if you have to don't exceed 80km per hour.

Have a spare tyre ready, extra bolts if possible, make sure you are with your jack and spanners. Knife or razor blade is very important.

Customs won't worry you on your way to Lagos, only when coming back.

Don't get carried away when you are driving on the new part of Lagos-Ibadan expressway. It can come to an abrupt end.

1 Like

Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by goodforsomthing: 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
Start your journey from Abuja until you reach Lagos, Naijabet man say so
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Temionajite(m): 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
Its better u don't go with ur car if d papers are not complete and not canvasant with d road. Custom and d police will feast on u if intercepted.
Re: I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
chiebube1:

Many thanks.

Bro, I know the situation you're in right now. My bro oncee had the same issues but what he did was go to one of these transits that from Abuja to Lagos and went into a deal with the driver so whenever the driver was going, he's be following closely behind until they got to the park. At the same time, master the road while on the road.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masters Tricycle Assembled In Abia State (Photo) / Water Or Coolant For Radiator / What DIYs (Do It Yourself ) Have You Done On Your Car Or Plan To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.