Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights (40563 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / How Pastors Lead Their Children To Hell / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by falcon01: 5:12am On Jul 10, 2016
Reports have it that a recent United Nations document condemned teaching kids about God saying it’s a violation of their human rights.
The UN Committee report on the rights of children indicated that such things like taking your child to church and schools where they’re forced to partake in Christian meetings is violating their human rights.
The document likened teaching kids Christianity to child labor. As learnt, it was complied by a group of ‘independent experts of high moral character’. Group members representing various countries demanded of the world to rise against laws enforcing daily acts of Christian worship at schools.
To them, such and similar religious enforcement, are capable of hampering on a child’s freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
Although the report was specifically meant to highlight possible ways Britain is violating the UN’s charter on the Rights of the Child, it made inferences to the world at large.
An excerpt from the document said: “the Committee is concerned that pupils are required by law to take part in a daily religious worship. Which is, wholly or mainly of a broadly Christian character in publicly funded schools in England and Wales. And, that children do not have the right to withdraw from such worship without parental permission before entering the sixth form.”
With the above, the Committee recommended that “the State party repeal legal provisions for compulsory attendance at collective worship in publicly funded schools and ensure that children can independently exercise the right to withdraw from religious worship at school.”
Already, parents can withdraw their children from collective worship in Britain. The Committee however, wants to hand the kids the right to take decision in this regard themselves. Many have lashed the report asking the compilers to honorably trash it. For instance, Parliament Minister David Burrowes said: “the collective act of worship is not an indoctrination exercise. It is recognizing and respecting the Christian heritage of the country and giving people an opportunity to reflect before the beginning of the day.”
Among other things, the document demanded of the British government to crush domestic abuse and protect kids from being spanked by their parents.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/united-nations-report-says-taking-children-to-christian-church-violates-their-human-rights/
source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aWoF8DD9tA

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by madridguy(m): 5:20am On Jul 10, 2016
Oyinbo with their wahala again. Are they planning to turn everyone to atheist or what? Morning devotion is a welcome development.

My opinion though.

129 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Project400: 5:24am On Jul 10, 2016
The report (if it exists) was quoted out of context.

Taking kids to church is entirely different from forcing non-christians to partake in christian prayers in schools.

If teaching our kids about Adam & Eve is violation, what do we call the teachings of evolution and science? Both teachings were imported to a country like Nigeria. In fact, giving our babies food to eat is violation., we shouldn't give a day old baby milk when he has the choice to select pounded yam and ewedu.

310 Likes 20 Shares

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by krak101(m): 5:32am On Jul 10, 2016
This is ridiculous (if true). Even in the animal kingdom the newborns are taught the act of survival instinctively by their parents. You either learn and survive or you don't and die. Humans are not any different. So if it's not owk to teach a child religion, why teach them to eat,learn all sorts of abstracts things at school and so on. This guys got to be kidding or something angry

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 10, 2016
Although no source but its newsworthy and would really appreciate if this was real.

Teaching a child God/Religion is denying them of basic science to explore the world that's why religion has been banned in school in Australia and Netherland.

Teach a child how to think not what to think.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 10, 2016
Project400:
The report (if it exists) was quoted out of context.

Taking kids to church is entirely different from forcing non-christians to partake in christian prayers in schools.

If teaching our kids about Adam & Eve is violation, what do we call the teachings of evolution and science? Both teachings were imported to a country like Nigeria. In fact, given our babies food to eat is violation., we shouldn't give a day old baby milk when he has the choice to select pounded yam and ewedu.
This is ignorance as many people that likes this post and share it doesn't mean you made sense, it just means they are as ignorant as you.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Aremu01(m): 6:02am On Jul 10, 2016
I weep for this generation

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by espn(m): 6:18am On Jul 10, 2016
Freedom(excessive)..fundamental human right will drive the whole human race into extinction one day.. That is why it's easy for our politicians to steal without conscience..smh for the whole human race..

9 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by honourhim: 6:35am On Jul 10, 2016
They are joking. I will give birth to a child then they will tell me what i shouldnt train them with. That's madness.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by ireneony(f): 6:41am On Jul 10, 2016
This should also be applicable to islam.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Histrings08(m): 6:51am On Jul 10, 2016
Too many stupid ideas coming from dis people dis days is appalling..

2 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 10, 2016
Does any one need further proof that we're in the end time?
What then do we say of children who are forced to School and compelled to take courses like mathematics even when they understand nothing of it and keep on scoring F9?

Isnt that also slavery? Make these oyibos park well jare.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 10, 2016
ireneony:
This should also be applicable to islam.
I tell you, it's even worse with Islam where little kids are literally forced by alfas and subjected to life changing flogging just to read and master the Quran.
There can't be a worse form of slavery than this.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
aaronson:
Although no source but its newsworthy and would really appreciate if this was real.

Teaching a child God/Religion is denying them of basic science to explore the world that's why religion has been banned in school in Australia and Netherland.

Teach a child how to think not what to think.
What is science?

Teaching a child about it's source is important. God not religion, is the source of all things. Whether a child chooses to believe, think and grow in line of what he/she is being taught is totally up to that child. But they must be taught. No arguments here.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by plaetton: 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
From what we see in Nigeria, nothing could be further from the truth.

If this document is genuine , it should naturally include all religions, not just Christianity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by weblord1900: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
you have the right to teach your child everything
both good and bad. when teaching them about the bad ones your aim is to let them know that such thing is bad.

And teaching a child about God.. is teaching him or her about good things because everything about God is good and positive.

so am against that idea

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
I support this

2 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by socialmediaman: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
Aribambam:
even the bible says "one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; — 1 Timothy 3:4 (KJV).
with gravity cause foolishness in bound in the heart of a child.
Thank God we are not like them.
we must TRAIN up our children in the way they should grow.

But Why is it that after all these training/discipline, they still grow up to become our political leaders of nowadays who steal, kill and do all sorts of things that the parents didn't teach them?

4 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
so is it a crime to take child to church which human right is involve...
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Sunnycliff(m): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
My Children must go to Church with me till they are 18, and can now make their choice.

Train up a child the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it!

24 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by buharisbae(f): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
Now everybody can attest to the fact that the devil truly hails from the US! this is like the most useless thing I've seen in my life so I shouldn't take my child to church by force? abi are u the one that gave me the child to train? all this westerner be thinking with their anus! now I can say we are truly in the END TIME!

7 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by janeto07(f): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
come and see oooo

1 Like

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Proffdada: 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
End times
The same hypocrites legalized abortion and support men sneaking into girls restroom in excuse of being transgender undecided

10 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
white men always inviting the wrath of God to earth.

Why would a growing kid not know about his creator

And some african countries will adopt this.

Much pity for the coming generation.

4 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by chiefolododo(m): 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
The UN itself is a violation of human right. For example if I am the president of a country and the UN Secretary general says he is coming to my country , that is human right violation because I didn't invite him

6 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Funpeter: 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
It is better we force them so that they wont become suicide bomber tomorrow and terrrorist .........

12 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Timoleon(m): 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
i am just waiting for those that will come and say the u.n is the anti christ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by DickDastardly(m): 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
grin grin
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
End time is here!!!

UN should kuku say that disciplining/ training of children is a violation of their human rights also. undecided undecided

Sunnycliff:
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
My Children must go to Church with me till they are 18 , and can now make their choice.
Train up a child the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it!

Bros, 18 sef is small. If my parents left me alone at that age to decide my spirituality, I for don spoil finish grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by inme: 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
UN don mad grin
Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Strawman: 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
Lol People calm down..This UN Report doesn't carry any weight at all. It was only a section of the report sef, and it just stated that they are concerned, not that they're going to take any action. They can't do anything in fact; in Britain, religious education is a constitutional right.

Thank God the report has already been backlashed:

From Tory MPs. David Burrowes, the Enfield Southgate MP who led a Tory rebellion over changes to Sunday trading laws, said it was “ludicrous and mad”.

“The collective act of worship is not an indoctrination exercise. It is recognising and respecting the Christian heritage of the country and giving people an opportunity to reflect before the beginning of the day,” he told The Telegraph.

“The UN should spend more time doing its main job of preventing war and genocide rather than poking its nose in other countries’ classrooms. We can respectfully put those kind of reports in the bin where they belong.”

This quote is the most beautiful part of this matter.

So my people, continue taking your children to church in peace smiley

10 Likes

Re: UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights by Aribambam: 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
even the bible says "one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; — 1 Timothy 3:4 (KJV).
with gravity cause foolishness in bound in the heart of a child.
Thank God we are not like them.
we must TRAIN up our children in the way they should grow.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

8 Men Of God, Different 2015 Revelations – What Do We Believe? / Timi Dakolo Reacts To Busola Demanding N10 Million From Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / Muslim Cleric Beats Up Pastor, Threatens To Pour Acid On Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.