Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In (14680 Views)

12 Things Christians Should BEWARE Of / Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? / Christianity Fast Facts:8 Things Christians Believe In (continued. From 10/7/16) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Famouson: 6:03am On Jul 10, 2016
The term "Christian" is a relatively broad term, with approximately 78 percent of Americans identifying themselves as such. Specific beliefs vary from denomination to denomination, even person to person, but core values and principles often remain the same from one church to another.

Below are a few Christianity fast facts about eight Christian beliefs:

1. ONE GOD: Christianity is founded on the belief that there is one God composed of three distinct persons: God the Father, Jesus Christ his Son, and the Holy Spirit. They serve distinct purposes but are one as a deity.

2. GOD CREATED THE WORLD: Christians believe God created the world in six days, resting on the seventh. They believe man is His most prized creation.

3. GOD'S SON IS JESUS: Jesus Christ is God's Son and the only way to salvation and forgiveness of sins. Christians believe he was sent to earth, born from a virgin, was crucified, and rose from the dead in three days so that man's sins could be forgiven once and for all.

4. THE BIBLE: Christians' holy book, the Bible, is believed to be God's inspired word, a historical document, and a guide for faithful living.

5. SIN: Christianity teaches that all people are born into sin and no one is good enough to earn salvation. It's this sin that separates mankind from God with whom they can only be forgiven and justified through belief in God.

6. SALVATION: This can only be achieved through repentance of sins and belief in Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection. Only then can Christians have a relationship with God that was only made possible through Christ's sacrifice.

7. AFTERLIFE: Most Christians believe in a Heaven and Hell, eternal destinations for those who have been saved and those who are not, respectively. Heaven is a paradise reserved for believers and Hell a place of torment for those who have rejected God.

8. ANGELS AND DEMONS: It is believed that there are beings, created by God, that influence mankind. Angels strive to further God's purpose and message and demons' goal is to lead people away from God under the leadership of Satan or the Devil. Many believe the two armies are constantly at war for the souls of humanity.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by allanphash7(m): 6:28am On Jul 10, 2016
Christain doesnt believe in ONE GOD

Ask me why

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Histrings08(m): 6:57am On Jul 10, 2016
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Histrings08(m): 6:58am On Jul 10, 2016
allanphash7:

Ask me why
why?
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by allanphash7(m): 7:02am On Jul 10, 2016
You know the god celestial is different from that of RCCG and that of deeper life and that of Winners and so on
Histrings08:
why?

13 Likes

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by haibe(m): 7:49am On Jul 10, 2016
You generalised. Not all christians believe in all that

1 Like

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by IamKollinx(m): 7:49am On Jul 10, 2016
And so...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by PaulJohn1: 7:50am On Jul 10, 2016
allanphash7:
You know the god celestial is different from that of RCCG and that of deeper life and that of Winners and so on

Talking out of ignorance or you have detailed explanation to backup your claim?!

12 Likes

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Horlawale1(m): 7:52am On Jul 10, 2016
I was here.
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by DullardBuhari(m): 7:52am On Jul 10, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by JuanJO(m): 7:54am On Jul 10, 2016
Holy Bible taught us all that, itz not new
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by matrix199(m): 7:55am On Jul 10, 2016
Within christianity, there is a divide.

One believes in heaven and hell, the other believes in heaven, paradise, and no hell.

One believes taking alcohol is a sin, the other believes it's not.

One is dressed in white for worship, the other is dressed in whatever outfit he chooses.

One believes cosmetic adornment is part of cleanliness, the other believes in natural adornment.

One celebrates easter, christmas, new year, and birthday party, the other celebrates marital union only.

One goes to church on a sunday, the other goes on a saturday.

Divisiveness in christianity.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by rrhostomy(m): 7:55am On Jul 10, 2016
Thank God for his faithfulness
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by DANO1011(m): 7:55am On Jul 10, 2016
allanphash7:
you know nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Ahmedhussain3463: 7:56am On Jul 10, 2016
God has no son and e never birthed any body!if adam witout father or mother is nt qualify to b God son den God has no son!we av more dan 1001 quotations in d quran dt says God has no son!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by emmkeffs(f): 7:56am On Jul 10, 2016
allanphash7:

There is something people need to understand. whatever you believe in no matter how lame it may sound. That is GOD. Remember God told Moses. I am THAT I am. think about it very well then we will stop comparing and judging
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by JuanJO(m): 7:56am On Jul 10, 2016
allanphash7:

Ask me why
y shud I ask u why? merely looking at u... u are just here to occupy space... mumu Moslem

1 Like

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 10, 2016
Famouson:
The term "Christian" is a relatively broad term, with approximately 78 percent of Americans identifying themselves as such. Specific beliefs vary from denomination to denomination, even person to person, but core values and principles often remain the same from one church to another.

Below are a few Christianity fast facts about eight Christian beliefs:

1. ONE GOD: Christianity is founded on the belief that there is one God composed of three distinct persons: God the Father, Jesus Christ his Son, and the Holy Spirit. They serve distinct purposes but are one as a deity.

2. GOD CREATED THE WORLD: Christians believe God created the world in six days, resting on the seventh. They believe man is His most prized creation.

3. GOD'S SON IS JESUS: Jesus Christ is God's Son and the only way to salvation and forgiveness of sins. Christians believe he was sent to earth, born from a virgin, was crucified, and rose from the dead in three days so that man's sins could be forgiven once and for all.

4. THE BIBLE: Christians' holy book, the Bible, is believed to be God's inspired word, a historical document, and a guide for faithful living.

5. SIN: Christianity teaches that all people are born into sin and no one is good enough to earn salvation. It's this sin that separates mankind from God with whom they can only be forgiven and justified through belief in God.

6. SALVATION: This can only be achieved through repentance of sins and belief in Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection. Only then can Christians have a relationship with God that was only made possible through Christ's sacrifice.

7. AFTERLIFE: Most Christians believe in a Heaven and Hell, eternal destinations for those who have been saved and those who are not, respectively. Heaven is a paradise reserved for believers and Hell a place of torment for those who have rejected God.

8. ANGELS AND DEMONS: It is believed that there are beings, created by God, that influence mankind. Angels strive to further God's purpose and message and demons' goal is to lead people away from God under the leadership of Satan or the Devil. Many believe the two armies are constantly at war for the souls of humanity.

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Horlufemi(m): 7:57am On Jul 10, 2016
I believe in God the father, Good the son. the holy spirit is a manifestation if their power.

quote me and be ignored

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by afo4real(m): 7:58am On Jul 10, 2016
believe in one God? when a rccg member can't attend cele's Sunday service

1 Like

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Horlawale1(m): 7:58am On Jul 10, 2016
Questions have been looking for the answers in the Bible.

Which verse can I find the word Bible in the Holy Bible??

Where can I find the word Christianity and not Christians in the Bible??

The word christain was first use by a pagan in the Bible. Y??

Not and extremist just wanted to learn.

10 Likes

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by luvdray99: 8:01am On Jul 10, 2016
Jesus is Lord!
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Histrings08(m): 8:01am On Jul 10, 2016
allanphash7:
nope... What makes you say that.? We all serving d same same God
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by HomesOfLife(m): 8:01am On Jul 10, 2016
9) MIRACLES: We Christians also believe in God's potency to cause the supernatural to happen naturally in favor of those who love him. I'm a living witness to God's unmerited favor.

6 Likes

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 8:01am On Jul 10, 2016
Okay .... next! angry
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Horlufemi(m): 8:02am On Jul 10, 2016
afo4real:
believe in one God? when a rccg member can't attend cele's Sunday service

Religion is the cause
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 10, 2016
PaulJohn1:

Talking out of ignorance or you have detailed explanation to backup your claim?!

JuanJO:
y shud I ask u why? merely looking at u... u are just here to occupy space... mumu Moslem
PaulJohn1:

1,. Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in trinity like the others. They do no believe that God, Jesus or the holy spirit are the same diety

7. They do not believe that all good christians will go to heaven or bad ones will burn in hell fire

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by kazyhm(m): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2016
hnn, you can only talk from what you know and understand, but remember some other people will surely know more than you do.
that's the op's opinion in my own opinion.
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by allanphash7(m): 8:05am On Jul 10, 2016
Not dragging issues with you bro cos i can see that you are mature in your quote

This is what i am saying here......

* if a god told someone that it is not advisable for someone to wear a shoe into his tabernacle and someone else says nothing is wrong with it

* if a god told someone that its not advisable for ladies/girls/women to open their head in his tabernacle and someone elses sees that there is nothing wrong in it

*if a god says that using jeweryls is not ethical in the christaindom and someone elses see it to be a good thing to wear

My brother would we call this Ones ?

Kindly enlighten me
emmkeffs:

There is something people need to understand. whatever you believe in no matter how lame it may sound. That is GOD. Remember God told Moses. I am THAT I am. think about it very well then we will stop comparing and judging
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 10, 2016
Op is right in a general term. However there is something called the "Apostles' Creed ", that's a better representative of what we believe in.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by allanphash7(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2016
If truly you guys are serving the same god os it ppssible for a jehova witness member to attend a celestial church and vice versa ?
Histrings08:
nope... What makes you say that.? We all serving d same same God

1 Like

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by malvisguy212: 8:08am On Jul 10, 2016
allanphash7:

Ask me why
were in the bible it said, Christians doesn't believe in one God ?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COZA Port Harcourt OutReach Programme To The Less Privileged (Pictures) / Has God Ever Done Any Irrefutable Miracle For You Before? Come In And Share / Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.