Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In (14686 Views)

12 Things Christians Should BEWARE Of / Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? / Christianity Fast Facts:8 Things Christians Believe In (continued. From 10/7/16) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by hotspec(m): 10:46am On Jul 10, 2016
luckman20:
Tiredness isn't an attribute of God. Never!
Kindly.mention a Koran verse to suuport ur claim
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by amosgaladima(m): 10:48am On Jul 10, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
God has no son and e never birthed any body!if adam witout father or mother is nt qualify to b God son den God has no son!we av more dan 1001 quotations in d quran dt says God has no son!

You be mumu, wawa..who is ISA or ISAH in your Quaran Jesus is the only Son of God!
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by ismayl: 10:49am On Jul 10, 2016
hotspec:

I follow God's instructions. That means im His.son. That doesnt mean He gave birth to me. U are also a son of God for obeying His instructions. We are all children of God!
AR U THE 2ND SON?
BUT HE SAID HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.
if u ar son because u follow his instructions, then, thats what we talkin about. why is jesus so special. atferall there are many children of god according to the bible; adam, angel, david, israel etc.
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by ismayl: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2016
Pilate2016:
Why quoting Qur'an in a Christian thread?
sorry, am lost. is this NAIRALAND or CHRISTIANLAND?
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by viktohmarkz(m): 10:50am On Jul 10, 2016
Christians all over the world are one expect for NIGERIANS, in every part of the world where its practiced you find love togetherness and one spirit,in NIGERIA even in the same church you see them fighting after sermon or before sermon.

last week Sunday on my way out I saw a family all dressed going to church and their car mistakenly stretched someone else's, instead of them to make a peace talk the mother of the family was busy ranting "you think because we are dressed for church means that we'll take shit from you" she went as far as calling names.

NIGERIANS need to see each other as one in Christiandom.
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by ismayl: 10:55am On Jul 10, 2016
Reader530:
You are a liar and a Muslim. There bus great division among
Muslims. No matter what, you can never see Catholic
attacking Pentecostals as in the case of Shites and Izala
always fighting. Eg Sokoto. Most people don't know
Christians believe in Holy Bible but Muslims believe in
Qur'an, Tariq , Hadith and Fiqh even is SSCE Islamic studies
but Kala Katu Muslim don't believe in Hadith and the rest. In
Christians, we have only seven sects: Catholic, Orthodox/
Protestant, Pentecostal, Pentecostal 2, White garment,
Witnesses, Modern Scientists, but Islam have and killed
themselves within these groups: Izala Jos, Izala Salaf,
Tijjaniya, Khadiriyya, Shites, Kala Katu, Kakara- Karab,
Burhanudeen , Ansaru seen, Nawairudeen, Aljanna wala
shakka, Jamaatul Hali Sunna, aka Book Haram, etc.
Christians be wise and know them. Muslims name their
sects after people. As Abdulkadir leader of Khadiriyya,
Tijjaniya , Tijjani, etc. Who is fooling who?

sorry/ we talkig about ISLAM, not MUHAMMADIAN. unlike CHRISTianity
muslim killig themselves? oh u dont know world politics. when ur enemy killes 1 of u and name the other as the culprit. so was stephen, peter, etc in the bible. read it
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 10, 2016
PaulJohn1:

Since when have the Jehovah's Witnesses claimed to be Christians?

Are they muslims? Check out their official site jw.org
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by luckman20(m): 10:57am On Jul 10, 2016
hotspec:

And indeed We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in six Days and nothing of fatigue touched Us”[Qaaf 50:38]

1 Like

Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by ismayl: 11:00am On Jul 10, 2016
hotspec:

luckman20:

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Qur.an2;255
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by ismayl: 11:01am On Jul 10, 2016
amosgaladima:

You be mumu, wawa..who is ISA or ISAH in your Quaran Jesus is the only Son of God!
hav u ever seen quran.
find where he ws called son therin
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by hotspec(m): 11:04am On Jul 10, 2016
ismayl:

ah!!!! hotestspec. in this 21 century, so u still bliv ths story?
that puts ur gods into question. non of the three of them realised the devil would rebel later?.
it shows their fallibility. he/they look down upon the EARTH AND REGRET...
NOW COMPARE THAT TO MY god.
this is the only GOD that was never at one time a human before rising to be super-human and then GOD.
jesus was, so was; sango, ogun, obantala, amadioha, bhuda, krishna, shiva, etc. u name a single of this that wasnt,
jupiter is 2.8billion km away from the earth. do u think the god that was nailed to simple stake (cross) on earth could still be controlling jupiter for that 3 days periods or all while he was being arrested, taken to court uptill persecution. how many days in all. mind u, jupiter is one of the closest planets, being in our galaxy
Mr. there are so many areas of difference btw christianity and islam dt we could never agree upon Mind u, many of ds controversial areas are d principles of Christian faith. For instance, we believe in d trinity, sonship, death(crucifixion), resurrection and ascension of Jesus and 2nd coming. Whereas, Islam is TOTALLY against these. Prophet Moh'd (SAW) came over 600 years after Jesus has left, and from accounts and scriptures he read, condemned all these. Are we to believe him or d original accounts by those that were there in the Gospels? Uve nevver seen Allah or Prophet Mhd(SAW) yet something made u believe strongly in them an their doctrines to b correct and just. Similarly, SOMETHING made me believe in God and his son which ive never seen. By d way, can u tell me d religion of God? Was it written in d Koran dt God or Allah is a Moslem? So why cant u leave everything till d judgement day, and allow Allah and God to judge us rather than claiming to know more than what u hear or read from Sura or haddith or scholars.
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by hotspec(m): 11:08am On Jul 10, 2016
luckman20:

And indeed We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in six Days and nothing of fatigue touched Us”[Qaaf 50:38]
who are the "US" and "We"?
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Abodunrin07(m): 11:09am On Jul 10, 2016
Christians serve and believe in just one GOD
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by luckman20(m): 11:09am On Jul 10, 2016
ismayl:

luckman20:

Qur.an2;255

جزاك الله خيرا
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by hotspec(m): 11:18am On Jul 10, 2016
ismayl:

luckman20:

Qur.an2;255
The surah Ayat al-Kursi only pointed out that God does not sleep or slumber or never get wearied of protecting heaven and earth which he has created. Just like its in d Bible also,but u dont rest only when ure tired. Mind u, its not in bible dt God was tired or weak when he rested. NO! It only says God created heaven and earth for 6 days (as it is in Koran) an on d 7th day, he rested.
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by hotspec(m): 11:22am On Jul 10, 2016
luckman20:

check my answer below: u dont have to be weary bf u rest, as d Koran verse says
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by hotspec(m): 11:26am On Jul 10, 2016
ismayl:

AR U THE 2ND SON?
BUT HE SAID HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.
if u ar son because u follow his instructions, then, thats what we talkin about. why is jesus so special. atferall there are many children of god according to the bible; adam, angel, david, israel etc.
Yes His 2nd son! Jesus his only begotten son, me, his adopted son. We are all children of God and im happy abt dt
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by malvisguy212: 11:29am On Jul 10, 2016
Bnladan:
u re funny bro. I dedicate my energy and tym for u 2day. Tell me wat u knw bout Islam. If u are able 2 point out any unambiguous statement in d bible(any version) wia Jesus PBUH said I am God, Worship me! Nairalanders shud bear me witness i'll accept Christianity.
come in hear.
https://www.nairaland.com/2381817/contradictions-analyzed-bible-quran
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by hayzed1090: 11:33am On Jul 10, 2016
Oahray:
Lol. Funny. You say there is one God made up of three persons. Now that one God has a son who is also one part of the one God. In other words, the son is also his own father because he is the son of God which he is a part of and yet fully is (God).

The Trinity paradox is unbiblical jare. Jesus is the son of God, and his father is also his God and creator. They are distinct and unequal beings.

You can't truly be like Christ and yet promote doctrines like Trinity that make a mess of what Jesus stood for - a mediator between God and man.

Wow! This is very insightful ... can any one counter the first paragraph?
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by hayzed1090: 11:41am On Jul 10, 2016
hotspec:

Mr. there are so many areas of difference btw christianity and islam dt we could never agree upon Mind u, many of ds controversial areas are d principles of Christian faith. For instance, we believe in d trinity, sonship, death(crucifixion), resurrection and ascension of Jesus and 2nd coming. Whereas, Islam is TOTALLY against these. Prophet Moh'd (SAW) came over 600 years after Jesus has left, and from accounts and scriptures he read, condemned all these. Are we to believe him or d original accounts by those that were there in the Gospels? Uve nevver seen Allah or Prophet Mhd(SAW) yet something made u believe strongly in them an their doctrines to b correct and just. Similarly, SOMETHING made me believe in God and his son which ive never seen. By d way, can u tell me d religion of God? Was it written in d Koran dt God or Allah is a Moslem? So why cant u leave everything till d judgement day, and allow Allah and God to judge us rather than claiming to know more than what u hear or read from Sura or haddith or scholars.

It is written in the holy qurian that no religion will be accepted from u, except Islam.
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by hotspec(m): 11:48am On Jul 10, 2016
hayzed1090:

It is written in the holy qurian that no religion will be accepted from u, except Islam.
and is it Allah dt said dt or PM(SAW) give me d verse let me open it.
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Reader530(m): 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
youngaz:
heloo!....u no wat?? All dose names u've mentioned are just movements and by dat i mean mere movements or group.....if one kadiriyyah (dnt no where u got dat 4rm) is in Lagos 4rm Kaduna and it's tym to pray did dey tell u he'll b askin for kaddiriyya mosque up and down? Of course if there's a mosque nearby he'll go there perform his ablution and pray wit dem....dat is nt d case in christianity....a catholic 4rm Jos wanna go 2 church on sunday in Lagos is it nt a catholic church he'll b lukin for?.....and if there's is none he'll simply go bak home to pray or beta still go bak home to reest wit d mind dat "i looked 4 my church i didn't see" wen he passed almost 12 churches on his way goin and comin bak.....we all pray d same way in Islam wether u're shiites or ansar-u-deen or warreva....dey are just movements....
And on d issue of Qur'an and Hadith....Qur'an is purely 4rm Allah,Hadith is hw Muhammad (SAW) lived his life so dey are 2 different books entirely.....Qur'an was revealed to Muhammad by God so Muhammad didn't add any tin from his own mind in d Qur'an.....bt Hadith states ao he lived his life...his teachings,deeds and all....dat is why u'll see dat all Qur'an in diz world is d same....
You are a liar. What do u mean by movement? There is great division in Islam that always lead to killing. Eg Sokoto. A Muslim can pray every where, a Christian too can say Amen to whosoever prays in Jesus Name. You are talking of prayer aspect. I am a Christian from Hausa Church, We can pray anywhere, Eg My mother doesn't understand English well, must she attend any church even English? Take it or leave it, all Christians service that are relevant to God and compulsory is one. Christians service include Prayers, Sermon, songs of praises, From Pentecostals to Catholics, you must find them. Christians service is longer than sallat which is 5 minutes. But Shites Imam can never preach in Izala, or Tijjaniya Imam in Salaf mosque. But in my Church Orthodox, we use to invite preachers from Pentecostal to preach for us. No Christian is against TB Joshua but all Imams are against Zakzaky. One of my shites friend insulted Sultan of Sokoto, they did not fast on Tuesday, but Majority fasted on Tuesday due to non sighting of moon. Shame even Boko Haram are claiming to be Muslim sects. I like Kala Katu Muslims, they are Muslims Jehovah's witness even worse because bthey don't believe in Islam books like Hadith, Tariqh and Fiqh. Shites members don't like Muhammad's wife because their members use to tell me that prophet Muhammad's wife was caught receiving penis from different man . hahahaha How market?
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by fuckerholic(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
allanphash7:
Christain doesnt believe in ONE GOD

Ask me why
Rascal moslem is here to cause arguement but restricts their own post to only Moslems to comment.Islam is a religion for rascals.christians are noblemen
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by fuckerholic(m): 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
God has no son and e never birthed any body!if adam witout father or mother is nt qualify to b God son den God has no son!we av more dan 1001 quotations in d quran dt says God has no son!
You as a non Christian is here arguing what you don't know but you restricts your Islamic posts to only Moslems alone to comment..what manner of hippocrites and rascals are you people ?
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Bnladan(m): 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2016
malvisguy212:
come in hear.
https://www.nairaland.com/2381817/contradictions-analyzed-bible-quran

Surah 42, Verse 51-52 explains hw d holy books were revealed. That's not wat I asked u though. I chalenge you 2 point out an unambiguous statement from d Quran where Jesus Peace be Upon him said "I am God" or "Worship me". If u successfully do, I'll convert 2 Christianity.
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by kayceeD2(m): 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2016
hotspec:

HOLY BIBLE simply means a collections of HOLY SCRIPTURES. And if u read ur Bible very well, u will see words like Books of d Law, chronicles, scriptures etc used multiple times. They are all compiled into what is called d HOLY BIBLE. It takes insight to understand the mystery about God!

Yes, Jesus Christ was a prophet/messenger/ servant of God....(when He was in human form on earth). But he is a SON of God. Let me ask u ds, if ur father says or identify u re his son, and a 2 year old boy who just retured from another part of d country yesteday says u re not ur fathers son bco ur father cannot have a son without a wife, Who would u believe... ur father or d small boy?
GOD says Jesus is His son, then who am I to say He is not. Read d attached scriptures in ur Bible (google online bible if u dont have one) Remember, Prophet Mohammed (SAW) came over 600 years after Jesus has left, so he never witnessed anything about him except for what he read from scriptures and other literatures. So how could he give proper account of what he never experienced? If Go has power to create everything, He has d power to have a son without a wife! Dont u believe dt?
Brb got to charge my phone
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Pilate2016(m): 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
ismayl:

Bye cry
ismayl:

Bye
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Reader530(m): 2:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
You are a liar. What do u mean by movement? There is great division in Islam that always lead to killing. Eg Sokoto. A Muslim can pray every where, a Christian too can say Amen to whosoever prays in Jesus Name. You are talking of prayer aspect. I am a Christian from Hausa Church, We can pray anywhere, Eg My mother doesn't understand English well, must she attend any church even English? Take it or leave it, all Christians service that are relevant to God and compulsory is one. Christians service include Prayers, Sermon, songs of praises, From Pentecostals to Catholics, you must find them. Christians service is longer than sallat which is 5 minutes. But Shites Imam can never preach in Izala, or Tijjaniya Imam in Salaf mosque. But in my Church Orthodox, we use to invite preachers from Pentecostal to preach for us. No Christian is against TB Joshua but all Imams are against Zakzaky. One of my shites friend insulted Sultan of Sokoto, they did not fast on Tuesday, but Majority fasted on Tuesday due to non sighting of moon. Shame even Boko Haram are claiming to be Muslim sects. I like Kala Katu Muslims, they are Muslims Jehovah's witness even worse because bthey don't believe in Islam books like Hadith, Tariqh and Fiqh. Shites members don't like Muhammad's wife because their members use to tell me that prophet Muhammad's wife was caught receiving joystick from different man . hahahaha How market?
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Reader530(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
You are a liar. What do u mean by movement? There is great division in Islam that always lead to killing. Eg Sokoto. A Muslim can pray every where, a Christian too can say Amen to whosoever prays in Jesus Name. You are talking of prayer aspect. I am a Christian from Hausa Church, We can pray anywhere, Eg My mother doesn't understand English well, must she attend any church even English? Take it or leave it, all Christians service that are relevant to God and compulsory is one. Christians service include Prayers, Sermon, songs of praises, From Pentecostals to Catholics, you must find them. Christians service is longer than sallat which is 5 minutes. But Shites Imam can never preach in Izala, or Tijjaniya Imam in Salaf mosque. But in my Church Orthodox, we use to invite preachers from Pentecostal to preach for us. No Christian is against TB Joshua but all Imams are against Zakzaky. One of my shites friend insulted Sultan of Sokoto, they did not fast on Tuesday, but Majority fasted on Tuesday due to non sighting of moon. Shame even Boko Haram are claiming to be Muslim sects. I like Kala Katu Muslims, they are Muslims Jehovah's witness even worse because bthey don't believe in Islam books like Hadith, Tariqh and Fiqh. Shites members don't like Muhammad's wife because their members use to tell me that prophet Muhammad's wife was caught receiving joystick from different man . hahahaha How market?
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by hackwi(m): 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
yet it still does not change the fact that there is no hope for those who are not born of God the father through the blood of the only begotten of the father by the sanctification of the spirit
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by malvisguy212: 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2016
Bnladan:

Surah 42, Verse 51-52 explains hw d holy books were revealed. That's not wat I asked u though. I chalenge you 2 point out an unambiguous statement from d Quran where Jesus Peace be Upon him said "I am God" or "Worship me". If u successfully do, I'll convert 2 Christianity.
alright, I will give you two verse in the quran which muhammed fail to explain to you guys.

Surah 3:45: Behold! The angels said: “O
Mary! Allah giveth Thee glad tidings of a
WORD FROM HIM: his name will be Christ
Jesus. The son of Mary, held in honor in this
world and the Hereafter and of (the
company of) those nearest to Allah;” (Yusuf
Ali)

Surah 4:171: “Christ Jesus the son of Mary
was (no more than) an apostle of God, and
HIS WORD, which he bestowed on Mary,
and a Spirit proceeding from him: so believe
in God and His apostles.” (Yusuf Ali)

In Surah 4:171, Jesus is called, “His Word.”
And in Surah 3:45 the Qur’an states that Allah
gave Mary a glad tidings “of a Word from
Him.” In the original Arabic, the expression
used here is “kalimatim-minhu.” It means
kalmia (word), min (from), hu (him). It is of vital
importance for Muslims to note that Jesus is the only Prophet who ever lived, who is called a Word from God. The quran never explain why such title was given to jesus. Century before the quran come into existence, the same title was given to jesus in the bible (john 1:1) and the reason were stated.

But why is Jesus called the “Word of God”? In
view of the fact that the Qur’an attributes this
title to Jesus without explanation, it is in the
Bible that we find the ultimate meaning of this
term. He is designated as such not only during
his life here on earth but also during his pre-
human spirit existence in heaven.

Secondly, did you know that jesus is the ONLY prophet in the quran which is call " SPIRIT FROM GOD"?

Surah 4:171: “The Messiah, Jesus son of
Mary, was (no more than) an apostle of
Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on
Mary, and A SPIRIT FROM HIM"

The words used in Surah 4:171 are ruhun-
minhu, “a Spirit from him.” Thus, the Qur’an
clearly describes the human, Jesus, as a Spirit
from God himself. With Jesus being the only
exception, no humans are ever depicted as
such. However, no attempt is made to explain
this absolutely unique statement of belief in the Qur’an. Yet, the Qur’an strongly supports the Christian belief that Jesus was a pre-existing Spirit creature who took on a human form. Surah 4:171 presupposes that Jesus existed before he was conceived by a virgin-woman.

Now my question to you is, HOW DO YOU RECONCILE the title given to jesus in the bible as the son of God and the ones in the quran as the word and spirit of God ? Thank you.
Re: Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In by Shafiiimran99: 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2016
Reader530:
You are a liar. What do u mean by movement? There is great
division in Islam that always lead to killing. Eg Sokoto. A
Muslim can pray every where, a Christian too can say Amen
to whosoever prays in Jesus Name. You are talking of prayer
aspect. I am a Christian from Hausa Church, We can pray
anywhere, Eg My mother doesn't understand English well,
must she attend any church even English? Take it or leave it,
all Christians service that are relevant to God and
compulsory is one. Christians service include Prayers,
Sermon, songs of praises, From Pentecostals to Catholics,
you must find them. Christians service is longer than sallat
which is 5 minutes. But Shites Imam can never preach in
Izala, or Tijjaniya Imam in Salaf mosque. But in my Church
Orthodox, we use to invite preachers from Pentecostal to
preach for us. No Christian is against TB Joshua but all
Imams are against Zakzaky. One of my shites friend insulted
Sultan of Sokoto, they did not fast on Tuesday, but Majority
fasted on Tuesday due to non sighting of moon. Shame even
Boko Haram are claiming to be Muslim sects. I like Kala
Katu Muslims, they are Muslims Jehovah's witness even
worse because bthey don't believe in Islam books like
Hadith, Tariqh and Fiqh. Shites members don't like
Muhammad's wife because their members use to tell me
that prophet Muhammad's wife was caught receiving
joystick from different man . hahahaha How market?

Shia and Tijjaniyyah have gone astray and that's reason y we against Zakzaky. As pa the Prophet Muhammad's wife, it was a lie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COZA Port Harcourt OutReach Programme To The Less Privileged (Pictures) / Evolution 101 / Has God Ever Done Any Irrefutable Miracle For You Before? Come In And Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.