Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Too Many Rogue Pastors - With A Taste Of Luxury And Material Things - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Too Many Rogue Pastors - With A Taste Of Luxury And Material Things (1561 Views)

Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke / Pastors With Private Jets An Embarrassment –bishop Kukah / Life Is About Material Things But Not All About Material Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too Many Rogue Pastors - With A Taste Of Luxury And Material Things by thameamead(f): 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2009
what is happening with christianity, why are their hundreds and thousands of churches these days, why are the so called pastors fighting each other these days, why are the pastors getting greedy, i thought religion was about helping the poor people out but these days, it seems to me christianity is on sale, all what the pastors seem to be doing these days is linning their pockets with millions of pounds, dollars and naira, the pastors send their kids to private schools abroad, buy luxury cars and buy houses abroad, am sick to death of the so called churches, everyone wants a taste of the pie these days, everyone wants to start a church, pls do not get me wrong, their are good churches out dia but what most care about these days is big donations from whoever has money, sometimes, u see the pastors hanging out with politians and celebrities, they want a branch of their church in every continent of the world, u see them buying private jets, holidaying in Dubai and Miami, if u disagree with them they want u out of the church. they try to run people's life and family but they do not care about the education of the poor or accommodation, all they care about these days are material things, am thinking KICC, i remember the church bn investigated for over £2M by the charity commission here in london few years ago, i also remember a CCC was raided by the police few years ago and 1M worth of drugs was found in the church, Baba Ageboye holds a holy ghost cruise thingy in summer in miami, how many nigerian's can afford that, i remember seeing picutures of it in ovation, redeeme, winner chapels et cel need to focus on the needy not material things, its as if JESUS IS FOR SALE, these is my opinion, discuss
Re: Too Many Rogue Pastors - With A Taste Of Luxury And Material Things by KunleOshob(m): 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2009
@Post
Those are the false prophets the bible warnded us about.  cool

2 Peter 2:1-3:

2 Peter 2
The Danger of False Teachers
1 But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. 3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.
Titus 1:14-16:
14 They must stop listening to Jewish myths and the commands of people who have turned away from the truth.
   15 Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16[b] Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live.[/b] They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good.

Jude 1:16:
16 These people are grumblers and complainers, living only to satisfy their desires. They brag loudly about themselves, and they flatter others to get what they want.

New Living Translation (NLT)
Re: Too Many Rogue Pastors - With A Taste Of Luxury And Material Things by Recognise: 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2009
KunleOshob:

@Post

Those are the false prophets the bible warnded us about. cool

2 Peter 2:1-3:

. . .  blah bah blah

Jude 1:16:

. . . blah blah blah

@KunleOshob

- KunleOshob

In the future, please can you signpost which translation(s) you're referencing/quoting from  . . .

Saves one doing a headless chicken run trying to figure out which one its pulled from

Thank you wink
Re: Too Many Rogue Pastors - With A Taste Of Luxury And Material Things by KunleOshob(m): 2:17pm On Sep 10, 2009
Recognise:

@KunleOshob

- KunleOshob

In the future, please can you signpost which translation(s) you're referencing/quoting from . . .

Saves one doing a headless chicken run trying to figure out which one its pulled from

Thank you wink

Does it really matter which translation i quoted from? after all they are all basically saying the same thing. Anyway i have included the translation[NLT] i quoted from in the post.
Re: Too Many Rogue Pastors - With A Taste Of Luxury And Material Things by Recognise: 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2009
KunleOshob:

Does it really matter which translation I quoted from?

after all they are all basically saying the same thing.

Anyway I have included the translation [NLT] I quoted from in the post.

@KunleOshob

- KunleOshob

Ah-ha! It does and it matters to me . . .

The reason is for doing the cross referencing

"Ona kan o wo oja" Yes but which "ona" did you take to the market

Literally "Many roads lead to the market. Yes but which road did you take to the market"

Thanks all the same
Re: Too Many Rogue Pastors - With A Taste Of Luxury And Material Things by henryhemon(m): 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
@poster n kunle,
maybe both of you will be happy when they preach poverty?and i guess you will criticize them too for that,God came for us to have life in abudance with good things added to it,do you ever ask yourself question,how did GOD CREATE Adam WITH a wonderful garden that included everything in it and there was nothing bad was in it.That was the way God wanted it from begining for us to enjoy the good things of life.use atleast ur natural wisdom plz.
Re: Too Many Rogue Pastors - With A Taste Of Luxury And Material Things by Mudley313: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
@poster n kunle,
maybe both of you will be happy when they preach poverty?and i guess you will criticize them too for that,God came for us to have life in abudance with good things added to it,do you ever ask yourself question,how did GOD CREATE Adam WITH  a wonderful garden that included everything in it and there was nothing bad was in it.That was the way God wanted it from begining for us to enjoy the good things of life.use atleast your natural wisdom plz.

, and you use your natural wisdom to know that, in a country where there's a church every corner, most of its citizenry live in abject poverty even tho prosperity preaching is the norm of the day and the richest people are politicians, church leaders and fraudsters, there's something wrong somewhere, yea heed your own advice n try n use atleast your natural wisdom plz

smh at summer holy ghost cruise thingy in miami splashed on the covers of ovation(according to the OP), a magazine that displays the oppulence of the Abachas, Ajuduas, and now pastors, all ill gotten wealth at the expence of the impoverished masses (in the case of the pastors, church mugus members who actually pay for the lifestyle of these rogues in the guise of tithes, seed faith n countless offerings

(1) (Reply)

Programe Your Spirit For Success- Pastor Chris / Can A Christian Be Possessed By The Devil Or Demons? / Frosbel Are You An Atheist Or The Antichrist!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.