Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,203 members, 7,807,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? (1638 Views)

Festus Keyamo Tweet On Fuel Scarcity During GEJ's Administration / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by uzezi82(m): 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2009
Will this equally fiery social crusader and activist who shot into the limelight in the wake of the highly dramatised trial of Fryo the cheif suspect in

the asassination of Chief Bola Ige in 2001, Festus Keyamo fill the void left by the late SAM(Senior Advocate of the Masses)?

Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by Eagle1(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2009
For where? N'ibo? Will there ever be another Gani? No. Gani is Gani and will ever be Gani. And Festus will be Festus. Pls do NOT belittle the image and memory of the great man.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2009
Festus is a vibrant Nigerian youth who can be highly vulnerable to compromises. I dont think he can fill Gani shoes though i thought otherwise.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by kokoA(m): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2009
That Festus guy looks like a pretender to me undecided

1 Like

Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by dinggle: 2:26pm On Sep 10, 2009
Mere thinking about it is an insult to Gani, festus has long lost his moral standings as a lawyer. Yeah, he is a smart lawyer but not smart enough to defend the people's movement.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by naijatoday: 2:36pm On Sep 10, 2009
kokoA:

That Festus guy looks like a pretender to me undecided
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by floriana(m): 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2009
Will it not be saner to suggest Micheal Kaaase Aaondoakaa to replace Gani than imagine Festus keyamo doing so? keyamo ko. Tunji Abayomi and Mike Ozekhome (police equipment Fraud {PEF} defenders) nii. Gani is simply irreplaceable.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
You can be your own Gani

forget Festus Keyamo

I don't think anyone takes him seriously
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by jamace(m): 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2009
Don't you think you can do more than Gani?

"Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads." -- Erica Jong, Author
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by MrCrackles(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2009
uzezi82:

SAM(Senior Advocate of the Masses)?
I like this
^. . . .
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by lawrence83: 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2009
Festus ke! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! alakoba!, festus weh like him pocket pass masses na him wan be anoda Gani.

I prefer a dead Gani to a living festus.

even Gani will not subscribe to that.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2009
We dont need a new Gani. We need to work together collectively as a people and protest bad Govenrment Policies, we need to rise beyound ethnic and religious sentiments and say no to curroption and anti people policies.
Keyamo from my personal experience is an activist yes but he has no clear cut principle, Gani had principles and stood by it. Since Keyamo took up an appiontment with EFCC, Farida's EFCC which aids and abiets criminals and even clears and sometimes defends them, I have lost faith in what he stands for.
However, i dont belive that one individual should take up the struggle alone, all the oppressed should dtand togeter aginst their oppressors, not to shout Yoruba Agenda, Hausa Agenda, South South Agenda, our only agenda should be to emancipate ourselves from curroption and bad governance
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by Bolarge(m): 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2009
Will Ibori be the new Mahatma Gandhi?

Festus ko, Kleptus ni.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by russellino: 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2009
Keyamo is not and will never be the new gani.not in a million years. gani fought when it wasnt fashionable to fight and most times he did it quietly without tipping off the press like good old festus cant stop doing. Gani had credibility, rejected all national awards, govt gifts (which he did without making noise), fed beggars everyday, bailed beggars and destitutes from jail etc Gani was THE MAN. Keyamo way no straight.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by abiodunade(m): 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
russellino:

Keyamo is not and will never be the new gani.not in a million years. gani fought when it wasnt fashionable to fight and most times he did it quietly without tipping off the press like good old festus cant stop doing. Gani had credibility, rejected all national awards, govt gifts (which he did without making noise), fed beggars everyday, bailed beggars and destitutes from jail etc Gani was THE MAN. Keyamo way no straight.
u re rite, keyamo can not be like GREAT GANI.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by Beaf: 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2009
Keyamo is still young, so you never know.
The thing is let us work so that there will not be a need for a new Gani.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by Quod: 12:34am On Sep 12, 2009
Beautiful ones after Gani are yet to be born.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by kabola2009(m): 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2009
Their is no one and their will never be another Gani.
Keyamo can only do his own part but mine you, he can be cheaply manipulated.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by jimmysho(m): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2009
check out falana. only that he has joined politics
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by texazzpete(m): 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2009
The amusing this is that none of you clowns can point out any example of where keyamo has been 'corrupted' or show where he's 'sold out'. And don't even get me started on saharareporters' dumbass allegations.

Instead you should hang your heads in shame for not supporting this fellow when he took on the national assembly over the vehicle scam. Keyamo may not be a Gani, but he has the chance to carve out his own niche as a supporter of the masses.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by keyremotes(m): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2009
Keyamo has got what he always wanted.

He is now EFCC lawyer, So how can he campaign against government again.

Gani was said to have handled thousands of cases free for the less privileged.
I have not heard a thing like that coming from Keyamo.

The man dey hussle for him pocket.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by Arabambi1: 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2009
Festus What? Pls dont compare sleep with death embarassed
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by spoOne: 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2009
Big shoes to fill - character and true convictions are not easy qualities to maintain - especially in a Nigeria.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by OAM4J: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2009
I know he is a good and very intelligent lawyer and I love listening to him, If he is sincere, genuine and consistent over time he might just fit. Although he still has a long way to go to earn the trust and respect Papa Gani had. How many times have they imprisoned him for defending the truth and the masses? How many scholarships is he giving out? How many cases does he has in court against the anti people policies and abuse of power by the government? Too early to compare.
Re: Will Festus Keyamo Be The New Gani? by ProAnti: 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2009
Keyamo is a radical lawyer who tackles only wealthy politicians. He is not a social crusader like Gani.

(1) (Reply)

Edo State Senators-drawing The Progress Of Democracy Backward / How James Ibori Recruited Christian Leaders To Visit Yar'adua ! / Governor Ikedi Ohakim’s Looting Spree Continues !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.