Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) (4669 Views)

Best 4 Ways To Track Your Lost Phone / 5 Free Apps To Make Sure You Never Forget Your Username And Passwords / Best Apps + Sites For Downloading Movies & Musics + Streaming Cable & Football!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
Android Device Manager
On all Android devices that come with Google Play Services is a handy little tool that can allow you to remotely locate, lock, ring
and erase your smartphone with just a few taps. Many devices come with this feature enabled out of the box, if your phone doesnt have it, you’ll need to download the Android Device Manager app from Google Play. Once it’s installed, you need to make sure
the Device Manager is enabled as a device administrator. To do so,
head to Settings>Security>Device administrators , then
hit the check box to grant Android Device Manager access to your
device.
Now that you’ve enabled Android Device Manager, here’s how to
use it in case of an emergency.
If you’ve lost your phone and have ADM(android device manager) enabled on your device, it’s pretty easy to keep your data safe. If you have access to a
computer, visit google dot com/android/devicemanager, then sign in
to your Google account associated with your Android phone. From
here you can track where your Android device is located, which will
definitely come in handy.

so what if you lost your Android smartphone in your house?
Tracking it by location probably won’t help you here, but there’s
another nice feature built into ADM that will help you find it.
From the Android Device Manager page on your computer, simply
press the big Ring button, and your phone should begin to blare,even if it’s in silent mode. Cool right?
*If you’re still not sure the location of your phone,* there are a few more extensive options you can take to keep your data safe,

1. You can remotely lock your device with Android Device Manager:
From the website, click the Lock button, then choose your new password and any message you’d like to display on your phone’s lock screen.
Once you press Lock , your phone will go into lockdown mode, keeping the thief out of your device.

2. Remotely wipe your phones entire data:
ADM can remotely perform a factory data reset on your device. Keep in mind that this should be used as a last ditch effort to keep yourdata safe – you won’t be able to retrieve any information that wasbonce on your device if you recover it, simply press Erase, confirm yourselection, and your Android device will begin erasing.
Android Device Manager is a must have on your android phone.

Lookout
Lookout can not only track your phone by
location, but will also send you an email of a photo taken by the front-facing camera if someone tries and fails to enter in your
passcode five times. You’ll need to pay a premium fee if you’d like to get the more robust features from Lookout, though for some
users, it may be worth the price.
Download Lookout from the Google Play Store and follow the instructions on the app to set it up.

Airdroid
AirDroid is also a great option, boasting the usual location tracking and remote wiping features as most other apps. With AirDroid,
though, you’ll be able to do much more than that, as it gives you the ability to transfer photos and documents over the web through
your AirDroid account. It will even let you access your device’s front-facing camera in real time to see if someone is using your
phone. Download AirDroid from the Google Play Store.

Cerberus
Not only does Cerberus perform all of the usual “find my phone” features, it also lets you take it one step further by letting you record audio from the microphone and giving you much more detailed tracking information than most other apps offer. Cerberus
is one of the most robust tracking applications available in the
Google Play Store, so if you’re nervous about your phone getting lost or stolen, this is the one you should try.
Re: Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) by WeNoGoDie(m): 12:06am On Jul 11, 2016
Dear Op, if the wicked phone thief switches off GPS what hope is left.
Re: Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 11, 2016
WeNoGoDie:

No problem. Some of these apps (eg lookout) can turn gps on remotely even when location services is turned off. Once location is locked it will automatically turn gps off by itself.
Re: Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 11, 2016
WeNoGoDie:
if you set those apps up before your phone is stolen just relax it will turn it on remotely, it can even turn on your camera or make it ring or remotely wipe its data, so read what i wrote well before commenting again
Re: Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 11, 2016
Honsule
Puskin
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

I think this is worth fp, it can help alot of people
Re: Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) by augster(m): 2:02am On Jul 11, 2016
Try McAfee mobile security.. IMO, This is probably the best app to track your phone, even better than ADM. Just expensive as f*ck.
ESET mobile security
is also good
Re: Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) by kolexepana: 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
Does this work on all phones
Re: Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
kolexepana:
Does this work on all phones
Android and ios
Re: Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) by joeybankz: 8:41am On Nov 07, 2016
best car tracking app we have today, especially the ones on android phones, that can easily show you how to use GPS tracker on android phone http://www.techpent.com/use-gps-tracker-android-phone-use-gps-tracker-android/
Re: Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) by MarkVV: 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
Has anyone tried free gps phone tracker app? I'm using a native google app but I've heard that it is not secured.
Re: Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) by tafat: 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2020
what app is that? ''find my device''? i would love to have that on my phone.
MarkVV:
Has anyone tried free gps phone tracker app? I'm using a native google app but I've heard that it is not secured.
Re: Best Apps To Track Your Stolen Phone With(android,ios) by ahanapearl1990(f): 1:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
Check out these 10 best location tracking apps that are helpful to find lost or stolen phone. All the apps include a wide array of spying tools that club many amazing features.

(1) (Reply)

How To Purchase Mobile Phone Airtime In Nigeria Using Paypal / China's Huawei Launched 5G Network The Secret Reveled By USA Will Blow Your Mind / Realme CEO Tweets From Iphone; Mixed Reactions Follow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.