Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,238 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:07 AM

Edo 2016: How We Made Oshiomhole Governor In 2007— Ize-iyamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2016: How We Made Oshiomhole Governor In 2007— Ize-iyamu (661 Views)

Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha / Photo Of Ojukwu At Presidential Campaign In 2007 / Edo 2016: How We Made Oshiomhole Governor — Ize-iyamu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2016: How We Made Oshiomhole Governor In 2007— Ize-iyamu by IllegalMoney: 8:30am On Jul 11, 2016
[size=13pt][b]

GOVERNORSHIP candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Mr. Osagie Ize-Iyamu has narrated how he and a few others braced the odds in 2007 to make Comrade Adams Oshiomhole the governor of Edo State. Ize-Iyamu, who said this in Auchi, noted that alongside Chief Tom Ikimi, he fought the battle that made Oshiomhole governor.

He spoke at his party’s flagging-off campaign in Edo North Senatorial District. Pastor Osaze Ize-Iyamu He said when the decision of the zone to produce the next governor after the expiration of the tenure of Chief Lucky Igbinedion came up; they ensured that Edo North was allowed to produce the governor.

His words: “I challenge any Edo APC leader who can say that they influenced the governorship seat to Edo North. Certainly none of them did.

I stand among the first three, who said it must be Edo North.

“Let me say that when your son, Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole came, he had toured many political parties. He first went to the PDP; he went to ANPP and from there to the Labour Party. And from the Labour Party, he came to us to say; please help me so that I can become the first governor from the Edo North. And I said we would help you

“Let me testify that Adams Oshiomhole did not bring a Kobo to become the governor of Edo State. He may deny this; he may deny his people.

On election day, he called me to say that rigging was too much in Edo North and that he was returning to Benin to address a press conference that he was withdrawing from the race. “I told him that he cannot do that no matter what is happening.

I told him to wait, and we will fight the battle. We fought the battle and eventually, Adams Oshiomhole became the governor of Edo State.

“After eight years, I see no functional hospital in Edo North. The only hospital does not have an x-ray machine to even diagnose the nature of an ailment. The people have no drinking water. They have no industry despite being blessed.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/made-oshiomhole-governor-ize-iyamu/

[/b][/size]

Re: Edo 2016: How We Made Oshiomhole Governor In 2007— Ize-iyamu by Luckylife(m): 8:34am On Jul 11, 2016
Politics is really a dirty game especially in Nigeria .
Re: Edo 2016: How We Made Oshiomhole Governor In 2007— Ize-iyamu by TyrantInAsoRock: 9:01am On Jul 11, 2016
Hmm
Oshiomole is very desperate oo
He has jettisoned his job as a gov to start eating corn with obaseki

Ize iyamu is a threat to his dirty tracks
Re: Edo 2016: How We Made Oshiomhole Governor In 2007— Ize-iyamu by pode(m): 9:08am On Jul 11, 2016
Well said my pastor but let the past be the past and forget the formal things; in another word,let bye gone be bye gone
Re: Edo 2016: How We Made Oshiomhole Governor In 2007— Ize-iyamu by IllegalMoney: 9:10am On Jul 11, 2016
TyrantInAsoRock:
Hmm

Oshiomole is very desperate oo

He has jettisoned his job as a gov to start eating corn with obaseki

Ize iyamu is a threat to his dirty tracks

[size=13pt]

grin grin grin
Oshiomole and Obaseki and Peter Esele (former TUC Chairman ) and Edo State APC Chairman Ojezua, the four Corn eaters of Edo State
[/size]

Re: Edo 2016: How We Made Oshiomhole Governor In 2007— Ize-iyamu by chriskosherbal(m): 9:27am On Jul 11, 2016
The Nigerian political system.

(1) (Reply)

You Cant Sue Me Until I Leave Office – Fayose Tells Aisha Buhari / State Of Aba After A Heavy Downpour / BUDGET PADDING: Coalition Drags Jibrin To EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.