Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. (6249 Views)

Winning Anambra Elections Will End Marginalization Of South-east - Oyegun / Igbo Marginalization Will End When They Join Us – APC, chief ken-Nnamani / Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by aybabz101: 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
An okada man who is an igbo man was to take me from omisanjana street to odo-ado street Ado-Ekiti. unfortunately his okada broke down along the way-little away from the road that leads to ekute quarters. We got down from the okada n i told him to let us take it to a nearby okada mechanic. His responce was shocking to me. He said he would take his okada to his igbo brother, a mechanic. I asked him where? He said a little far from here. I asked him how? He said he would wave to other okada men (majorly yorubas ) to tow him down to the place. I was like WTF! going through all these when an okada mechanic is over there. i asked him what is wrong with the (yoruba) mechanic over there? He laughed n said nothing is wrong with him just that he likes his igbo brothers (if he had said that d yoruba mechanic is not good enough, i would have reason with him). i left very disappointed at dis particular igbo man. This incident makes me take a closer look at the behaviour of our self proclaimed marginalized brothers.

From an average igbo man perspective, the yorubas are jelouse of them, hausas hate dem, the middle belt people dislike them, the Edos detest dem. All they could see is dat they are hated by other tribes but never think that something might be wrong wit dem if truly the whole nigeria except an igbo hates the igbo man. Even their so called partners (the south southerners) are dissociating demselves from u guys. d question is: who is d problem?

I dont know about any other tribe, but i must confess to u guys dat we the yorubas love you.we've always do and we will forever love you. in yoruba land, many of ur children attended UI, OAU, FUTA, UNILAG,EKSU etc contested for political posts, from departmental to faculty to SUG level and in some occasions, won. Most of the Pioneer top university officials of FUOYE are igbos- starting from the VC Professor Chinedu Nebo.
The current chairman of my street is an igbo man. He was also the former Secretary/accountant/treasurer. Igbos in one way or another are represented in one social-political-association key positions in d SW. They are even voted into state house of assemblies, as senators and honourables to represent d yorubas at d federal level. They even enjoy chieftaincy titles.

The most annoying fact is dat most of these things enjoyed by them in d SW are not reciprocated to d yorubas in d SE. I can bet all i have dat no yoruba man is near to d post of a street chairman (except of course he is very rich) talkless of political post in d SE. "Dey never born d yoruba man wey go think to contest for d post of an ordinary counselor talkless of a whole senator. Even in their accademic institutions as a student; to contest na dont even try am." as said by a friend based in Onisha. My question is who is marginalizing who?

Once upon a time in d political history of this country, igbos were a major force to reckon wit. They were vibrant and popular in major sectors including the nigerian military. In fact d firt coup in dis country was carried out by the igbos. But now, they claimed to have been marginalized political, socially even from the civil service. d thing is, what change? Democracy came in. There is no more have it by force. U have to be popular to have it now.
One thing i want my igbo brothers to understand is dat Nigeria is a multi-ethnic country. You guys are 18%, yorubas 21% and d hausas 30%. Others made up d remaining 31%. 18% cant vote out 82% . Dis is democracy for crying out loud-majority carry d vote. You guys should form alliances wit other tribes. If u detest d yorubas dat much, form a formidable partnership with d middle belt who to a reasonable extent repel d hausas influence. Partner wit d Edo people and superglue ur cracked relationship wit d urobos, ibibios and other tribes in the SS. you can even challenge for d minorities in d north e.g the hausa-christians. Jonathan was voted in with a landslide. Oga buari has been consistently contesting for d presidential seat since 101BC. Even when d whole almajiris voted for him under d flagship of CPC. Jona defeated him hands down. his dream came true after he formed a good alliance with d SW. So wetin b una excuse? Rochas is doing his best to make dis happen under the flagship of APC; he suddenly became the public enemy no.1 of the igbos. My question is how will an igbo man become president if you dont want anything to with d hausas, yorubas, tivs, igbiras, igalas,Edos etc?

To d best of my knowledge, i think you-d igbos are d people marginalizing yourselves from this country and not the other way round.

lastly, please leave out d yorubas from ur socio-political problems. Yorubas are also a minority like you in dis country.we are just 21%. we are dis big because we are smart enough to open our eyes vividly to see real things and not fictions so as to adjust our default settings to solutions to our reality at every fucking time.
I beleive you urselves know dat dat d best ethnic group for u in dis country is d yorubas. And i am very sure dat all of una love us-una just dey pretend so say d opposite. It is the two us of dat can co-exist d best in dis country. So make all of una stop the hypocrisy ooooooo. Jst my observations.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
aybabz101:

An okada man who is an igbo man was to take me from omisanjana street to odo-ado street Ado-Ekiti. unfortunately his okada broke down along the way-little away from the road that leads to ekute quarters. We got down from the okada n i told him to let us take it to a nearby okada mechanic. His responce was shocking to me. He said he would take his okada to his igbo brother, a mechanic. I asked him where? He said a little far from here. I asked him how? He said he would wave to other okada men (majorly yorubas ) to tow him down to the place. I was like WTF! going through all these when an okada mechanic is over there. i asked him what is wrong with the (yoruba) mechanic over there? He laughed n said nothing is wrong with him just that he likes his igbo brothers (if he had said that d yoruba mechanic is not good enough, i would have reason with him). i left very disappointed at dis particular igbo man. This incident makes me take a closer look at the behaviour of our self proclaimed marginalized brothers.

From an average igbo man perspective, the yorubas are jelouse of them, hausas hate dem, the middle belt people dislike them, the Edos detest dem. All they could see is dat they are hated by other tribes but never think that something might be wrong wit dem if truly the whole nigeria except an igbo hates the igbo man. Even their so called partners (the south southerners) are dissociating demselves from u guys. d question is: who is d problem?

I dont know about any other tribe, but i must confess to u guys dat we the yorubas love you.we've always do and we will forever love you. in yoruba land, many of ur children attended UI, OAU, FUTA, UNILAG,EKSU etc contested for political posts, from departmental to faculty to SUG level and in some occasions, won. Most of the Pioneer top university officials of FUOYE are igbos- starting from the VC Professor Chinedu Nebo.
The current chairman of my street is an igbo man. He was also the former Secretary/accountant/treasurer. Igbos in one way or another are represented in one social-political-association key positions in d SW. They are even voted into state house of assemblies, as senators and honourables to represent d yorubas at d federal level. They even enjoy chieftaincy titles.

The most annoying fact is dat most of these things enjoyed by them in d SW are not reciprocated to d yorubas in d SE. I can bet all i have dat no yoruba man is near to d post of a street chairman (except of course he is very rich) talkless of political post in d SE. "Dey never born d yoruba man wey go think to contest for d post of an ordinary counselor talkless of a whole senator. Even in their accademic institutions as a student; to contest na dont even try am." as said by a friend based in Onisha. My question is who is marginalizing who?

Once upon a time in d political history of this country, igbos were a major force to reckon wit. They were vibrant and popular in major sectors including the nigerian military. In fact d firt coup in dis country was carried out by the igbos. But now, they claimed to have been marginalized political, socially even from the civil service. d thing is, what change? Democracy came in. There is no more have it by force. U have to be popular to have it now.
One thing i want my igbo brothers to understand is dat Nigeria is a multi-ethnic country. You guys are 18%, yorubas 21% and d hausas 30%. Others made up d remaining 31%. 18% cant vote out 82% . Dis is democracy for crying out loud-majority carry d vote. You guys should form alliances wit other tribes. If u detest d yorubas dat much, form a formidable partnership with d middle belt who to a reasonable extent repel d hausas influence. Partner wit d Edo people and superglue ur cracked relationship wit d urobos, ibibios and other tribes in the SS. you can even challenge for d minorities in d north e.g the hausa-christians. Jonathan was voted in with a landslide. Oga buari has been consistently contesting for d presidential seat since 101BC. Even when d whole almajiris voted for him under d flagship of CPC. Jona defeated him hands down. his dream came true after he formed a good alliance with d SW. So wetin b una excuse? Rochas is doing his best to make dis happen under the flagship of APC; he suddenly became the public enemy no.1 of the igbos. My question is how will an igbo man become president if you dont want anything to with d hausas, yorubas, tivs, igbiras, igalas,Edos etc?

To d best of my knowledge, i think you-d igbos are d people marginalizing yourselves from this country and not the other way round.

lastly, please leave out d yorubas from ur socio-political problems. Yorubas are also a minority like you in dis country.we are just 21%. we are dis big because we are smart enough to open our eyes vividly to see real things and not fictions so as to adjust our default settings to solutions to our reality at every fucking time.
I beleive you urselves know dat dat d best ethnic group for u in dis country is d yorubas. And i am very sure dat all of una love us-una just dey pretend so say d opposite. It is the two us of dat can co-exist d best in dis country. So make all of una stop the hypocrisy ooooooo. Jst my observations.

You don't understand the concept of GROUP ECONOMICS

It's only Jews and Igbo practise this so well

Don't blame the okada man ....he has his reason

In marketinf we call it appealing to emotions

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by NaijirianKing: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
Interesting.

11 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 4:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
NaijirianKing:
This may be a hard concept for non-Igbo to grasp, but Igbo people practice something called group economics, and this is culturally engrained. Meaning that once one Igbo man gets money, he tried to circulate that money as many times within his own community as many times as possible.

This is how Igbo have been so successful in commercial endeavors. A typical Igbo man knows the power of money and wealth, as such some of his actions may seem alien, but there is much to learn from studying the Igbo.

Igbo marginalization is more so structural, the Igbo get no leg-up from the government, and they have to make their own way. This is demonstrated in the fact that many Igbo millionaires are not affiliated with government.

In regards to Nigeria’s present structure, one would be unwise to categorize what we have as a true “democracy” – true democratic principles are still just taking root. People saying that Igbo will not produce another president are only fooling themselves. If anything, the South East will take the VP position next election if Buhari chooses not to run again.

Thank you for giving them crash lecture on group economics

I won't lecture them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by glassjar1: 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
AKUKO ,

Frame up more ..........,

Tales by the moonlight . mad opium , cool cool cool cool

It might not take time but a pay back time is fast approaching .

We are umu chineke just watch wall's of this Jericoh,fell down .

All this, is part of our own script text written by okike ,

the end is near for this circle of doom , you have shed our blood enough ,

the end is near ,Okike will stand against you .

God bless umu owuwa anyanwu . cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
glassjar1:
AKUKO ,

Frame up more ..........,

Tales by the moonlight . mad opium , cool cool cool cool

It might not take time but a pay back time is fast approaching .

We are umu chineke just watch wall's of this Jericoh,fell down .

All this, is part of our own script text written by okike ,

the end is near for this circle of doom , you have shed our blood enough ,

the end is near ,Okike will stand against you .

God bless umu owuwa anyanwu . cool
Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by ba7man(m): 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
If everybody follow una practice group economy now, una go still shout marginalization. undecided

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by gists: 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
And with all the so called group economics, the SW is still the destination of choice.
How come the group economics hasn't made the SE so financially tempting for other regions to be doing pilgrimage there. Rather, its the other way round.
Continue doing the group economic, just make sure you don't fail to pay tax to the state government. Otherwise kirikiri becons grin grin grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by ChimaAdeoye: 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
[size=16pt]Op,
You are either a bloody liar or you are deliberately mischievous by misquoting what the man told you.

Your heart is so dark with tribalism that you have concluded he hates yoruba or hausa because his preferred mechanic is Igbo. you conveniently forgot that people have their preferred mechanic, the way they have preferred doctors. Sometimes, it's simply a matter of who they trust or who has a deep knowledge of the issue with their machine.

BTW,
Igbos have asked to leave the bloody zoo and you lazy bums that cannot live without them are busy blocking them and finding every reason to justify the wicked unity of the hateful hellhole of a country.
[/size]

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by dialfa: 7:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
STFU

a deranged colonised fool calling luggard creation his country

1 Like

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by bokohalal(m): 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
ba7man:
If everybody follow una practice group economy now, una go still shout marginalization. undecided
True. It is a euphemism for marginalization. Any wonder why the Jewish are so hated by their hosts?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by KevinDein: 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
[quote author=ba7man post=47438967]If everybody follow una practice group economy now, una go still shout marginalization. undecided[/quoteLmao, the guys are a funny bunch eh? They seem proud of their group economics bull crappp but watch them cry upandan all over the media to whoever cares to pay them attention if other groups reciprocate the gesture grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by KevinDein: 7:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
ChimaAdeoye:
[size=16pt]Op,
You are either a bloody liar or you are deliberately mischievous by misquoting what the man told you.

Your heart is so dark with tribalism that you have concluded he hates yoruba or hausa because his preferred mechanic is Igbo. you conveniently forgot that people have their preferred mechanic, the way they have preferred doctors. Sometimes, it's simply a matter of who they trust or who has a deep knowledge of the issue with their machine.

BTW,
Igbos have asked to leave the bloody zoo and you lazy bums that cannot live without them are busy blocking them and finding every reason to justify the wicked unity of the hateful hellhole of a country.
[/size]
grin
And WTF is an Igbo man still doing in ekiti if he so desperately wants to leave Nigeria. You want to have your country yet you migrate to other people's land on a fuuuckking daily basis. No one takes you confused lot serious buddy grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by aybabz101: 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
ChimaAdeoye:
[size=16pt]Op,

BTW,
[/size]

i think u dont get it. d situation was an emergency one. he was taking me down to my shop while his okada broke down. A MECHANIC WAS ABOUT ABOUT 15 FT AWAY FROM HIM. jst to call him to check on it mayb na small sharp sharp fixable problem na wahala. i have to stay wit him coz i was initially wit no change. so we branched at a nearby petrol station to buy 1 litre to split d money. no much money for me to take anoda okada like dat.

guy, i experienced dis n nt u. i am nt misquoting anytin ooo. d man was even laughing at me coz i was like dis is shit! i

6 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by aybabz101: 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
ChimaAdeoye:
[size=16pt]Op,

BTW,
[/size]

i think u dont get it. d situation was an emergency one. he was taking me down to my shop while his okada broke down. A MECHANIC WAS ABOUT ABOUT 15 FT AWAY FROM HIM. jst to call him to check on it mayb na small sharp sharp fixable problem na wahala. i have to stay wit him coz i was initially wit no change. so we branched at a nearby petrol station to buy 1 litre to split d money. no much money for me to take anoda okada like dat.

guy, i experienced dis n nt u. i am nt misquoting anytin ooo. nobody is saying he hates d yorubas, wat i am saying is dat his action was strange to me from a tribe dat always claim dat they are d one others are sidelining frm d nigerian society.d man was even smiling at me coz i was like dis is shit!

1 Like

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by ba7man(m): 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
Primitive mentality.

Countries are opening their borders to encourage trade, they are still focused on tribe.

Countries are mending fences to promote trade, they are seeking division.

Serious, how some people think in 2016 Is quite baffling...... and we're in the space age ooo. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by NaijirianKing: 8:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
Other tribes usually only go where the Federal Government has invested.

gists:
And with all the so called group economics, the SW is still the destination of choice.
How come the group economics hasn't made the SE so financially tempting for other regions to be doing pilgrimage there. Rather, its the other way round.
Continue doing the group economic, just make sure you don't fail to pay tax to the state government. Otherwise kirikiri becons grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by FlyoruB: 8:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
Smh. To think that these fellows are actually bragging and gloating over what they term 'group economics'. If other ethnicities were to also aggressively and collectively adopt such protectionist practices, needless to say that the Igbos won't even have any other market outside their region as they would simply not be welcomed. I don't blame them though. Na my Yoruba folks I blame for stvpidly embracing them without reservation, only to be called fools in return, and openly lectured about how smarter they are for practicing 'group economics'. Shio.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by Tobbie9(m): 8:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
FlyoruB:
Smh. To think that these fellows are actually bragging and gloating over what they term 'group economics'. If other ethnicities were to also aggressively and collectively adopt such protectionist practices, needless to say that the Igbos won't even have any other market outside their region as they would simply not be welcomed. I don't blame them though. Na my Yoruba folks I blame for stvpidly embracing them without reservation, only to be called fools in return, and openly lectured about how smarter they are for practicing 'group economics'. Shio.
I rarely comment but I have to agree with this, if any other tribe does it they'll label them bigots

10 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by RockHard: 9:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
FlyoruB:
Obviously this explains why the SE region is more homogeneous and unattractive to non-igbos than any other region of the country; because their so-called 'Group Economics' is so ingrained that non-natives engaged in trade or business in the SE get systematically stifled and left with no other choice than to leave their region for them alone. But if they were on the receiving end they will be screaming marginalization and Igbo hatred. Very hypocritical and unaccommodating lot.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by mrvitalis(m): 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
ChimaAdeoye:
[size=16pt]Op,

BTW,
[/size]
Who are the igbos that asked to leave Nigeria??
Governors
Senators
Reps
Or touts??

5 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by NaijirianKing: 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
Sure?

5 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by Igboic: 9:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
Lol! Na today?

Even the Oba of Bini was lamenting about Ndiigbo in 1965. Akintola was shedding tears in his "Yoruba ronu" speech. Saraduna was not spared in the Igbophobia too.

Igbo, a conundrum that will never be understood by Nigerians, which is the more reason we must do the needful, the same thing the Jews did by establishing Israel.

8 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 9:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
People keep complaining about Igbo business model ..how do you blame them when they saw hell
The Nigeria government short changed them gave them just £20
Awolowo stole the rest and they gave the Yoruba the economy and companies
These people bungled it up. Yoruba used theirs to party
They blocked the streets killed the companies ije Nigerian airways nd nitel
The hausa remained stagnant in their Islamic amnesia igbo couldn't trust these guys just like the Jews ..they trusted themselves and practises group economics

Yoruba had the opportunity to lead the economy but owambe made them loose sight

If you don't like Igbo economic model...pls Crete your own
They hates isreal in whole middle east but isreal is better

Now these Yoruba should stop whining here ..they should compete and stop all these

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
Sorry, It will be hard for a yorouba to understand but I don't think it will be hard for an hausa or chinese to understand .

I have learnt the yoroubas , they live a liberal lifestyle unlike igbos, The yoroubas accomodate anything that will make dem comfortable but Igbos only feel comfortable when they are in control.

In terms of Business, its normal to ask from who u know that will understand u well and faster.

5 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
ba7man:
Primitive mentality.

Countries are opening their borders to encourage trade, they are still focused on tribe.

Countries are mending fences to promote trade, they are seeking division.

Serious, how some people think in 2016 Is quite baffling...... and we're in the space age ooo. undecided

I hate doing this but I will do it last time
Countries that open up their economies without any restrictions are afrucan countries only the west understand what it means to practice protectionism

That's why America will try as much as possible to limit China influence in USA
That is why China will first of all patronise their product
That is why you see American being proud of iPhone

But with your mentality you open up your economy and import toothpaste and toothpick thereby making you a doing ground

All in bid of globalisation..the Blackman mentality is weird

No wonder it is said that Igbo are the smartest African group around
It has been proven even Nigerian agree to this by giving them higher cut of mark due to their IQ
Even the term Igbo sense

We are not of same wave length biko

Next

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 10:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
ugohemma:
Sorry, It will be hard for a yorouba to understand but I don't think it will be hard for an hausa or chinese to understand .

I have learnt the yoroubas , they live a liberal lifestyle unlike igbos, The yoroubas accomodate anything that will make dem comfortable but in Igbos feel comfortable when they are in control.

In terms of Business, its normal to ask from who u know that will understand u well and faster.

Hausa man still practise this group economics but on a lesser level ..their business continuity model is very okay but different from igbo business continuity

Yoruba man won't understand this because we are not talking owambe

3 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
Tobbie9:
I rarely comment but I have to agree with this, if any other tribe does it they'll label them bigots

Hausa people do it
You are at liberty to do it

Nobody is holding you
We are in a capitalised society not one welfare society

Stop these complaints.its shameful

4 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
aybabz101:

guy, i experienced dis n nt u. i am nt misquoting anytin ooo. nobody is saying he hates d yorubas, wat i am saying is dat his action was strange to me from a tribe dat always claim dat they are d one others are sidelining frm d nigerian society.d man was even smiling at me coz i was like dis is shit!

It's not sidelining ..it's an economic preference....I hope that okada man has given you a crash course on
Group economics 101

That's why we Igbo go village at the end if the year ..to repatriate the money we made abroad and also make some new contacts or network ...yorubas don't do that

Yoruba have a lot to learn from us . It's not all about bragging sophisticated everyday

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 10:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
KevinDein:
grin
And WTF is an Igbo man still doing in ekiti if he so desperately wants to leave Nigeria. You want to have your country yet you migrate to other people's land on a fuuuckking daily basis. No one takes you confused lot serious buddy grin grin

This is exactly how the average Yoruba man reasons

I just keep asking ..what kind of brains do you guys have
You have mistaken economic expansion for political expansion

Even Chinese are in ekiti doing business ..making money and repatriating it home

Pls learn how to venture that's one big rule in business

These guy the way you think baffle me

7 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by Scholes007(m): 10:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
@aybabz101 I will not say you are liar but you are most likely a tribalist. The man may have a prefered mechanic who is likely his brother(kinsman) or is in a group which most igbos do especially in terms of economics even in Igboland were you are likely to patronize your member when it is possible at least to sustain the person(especially when the person is new), his gentle response shows their is nothing personal . This has nothing to do with hate or what ever your already warped perspection is. As for Igbo look at others as enemy shows you don't know igboman and what he wants.
1. No igbo man will openly tell you that he don't like anyone talk more of tribe
2. Most igbos care less about who you are or from when doing a transaction with you especially when it pertains to money.
3. Igboman do not see anyone as enemy unless provoked and is unlikely to take you back friend but will always do business with you so long as it of mutually benefit.
4. Limit you discussion about Igbo when discussing with them. Most Igbomen will take you as enemy if you excessively talk against his kins or exceed some limits when discussing his kins men.

8 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by ba7man(m): 10:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

I hate doing this but I will do it last time
Countries that open up their economies without any restrictions are afrucan countries only the west understand what it means to practice protectionism

That's why America will try as much as possible to limit China influence in USA
That is why China will first of all patronise their product
That is why you see American being proud of iPhone

But with your mentality you open up your economy and import toothpaste and toothpick thereby making you a doing ground

All in bid of globalisation..the Blackman mentality is weird

No wonder it is said that Igbo are the smartest African group around
It has been proven even Nigerian agree to this by giving them higher cut of mark due to their IQ
Even the term Igbo sense

We are not of same wave length biko

Next
With all the Igbo sense, why is the southeast not the economic engine room of the nation?

It's primitive because all your focus Is narrow and shallow....... tribal.

Imagine an America where only blacks patronize black or Indians patronize only Indians..........

And this is still better that what you guys are trying to celebrate here...... it's more more like Navajo Indians doing business with only Navajo Indians........... or descendants of Irish immigrants doing business with only themselves and avoiding Italian immigrants.

It's very primitive.

Now picture other Nigerian tribes doing the same........ man, that's so shallow.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is this a Government Or A Mistake? - BBC News rubbishes Buhari / Diesel Landing Cost Rises To N336.45/Litre, Say Marketers / Hon. Enetimi Clinches APC Ticket For Burutu Constituency 2 Of Delta Assembly

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.