Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

What's your Ideal Family Size? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's your Ideal Family Size? (8441 Views)

Your Ideal Job / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? / Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's your Ideal Family Size? by Allenpowered(m): 11:54am On May 27, 2005
We are 3 kids and well it's fun. We really get to know each other and are very good friends.

But now, we all have moved on. You'll hardly have a time when we are all at home, it's just the parents.

I wonder if a large family would have been better for the parents, so they'll at least see one of the kids for a longer time. However, considering the economic reality, it is not advisable.

I would love like 6 kids. grin grin grin What about you?
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Seun(m): 11:59am On May 27, 2005
I'd like to have 2 - a girl and a boy.

If the first two are boys, then I'll try for a girl the third time.

If we still feel hungry for children after the first three, then maybe adoption will be considered ...
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by dominobaby(f): 12:28pm On May 27, 2005
We are actually 3boys and 3girls and it is so so lovely, at any given point in time, you'll always have someone to chat with.
I wouldnt mind that for myself but i think, 4 maximum would do.
Ideally one should look at your pocket size so you don't bring in kids you wouldn't adequately cater for.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by tayotina(f): 12:41pm On May 27, 2005
Ask me how many kids I would love to have, and I would tell you - AS THEY COME.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by loomboc(m): 2:36pm On May 27, 2005
The ideal family size in Niger now suppose be FOUR (The parents and the children). for me i preffer FIVE so that at least i can have 1st 2 male children and thelast being a girl as i have been praying to God for.
My reasons are:
1. Experience: My own family is very large say about 8-kids ,1-mother and a father = 10 memebers. Not that surffering, but lack little things when it can't go round.
2. National or Continental population. Check Nigers population or say African Population is too much and its not helping situation of things and that is why we continue to have hundreds of thousands of Niger writng JAMB and 1/8 will be admitted.

Conclusively let us maximise the output by reducing the input population.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by solo2(m): 4:28pm On May 27, 2005
I prefer 3 or 4 children and i will not go beyond that,
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by kodewrita(m): 12:20pm On May 28, 2005
loomboc:

The ideal family size in Niger now suppose be FOUR (The parents and the children). for me I preffer FIVE so that at least I can have 1st 2 male children and thelast being a girl as I have been praying to God for.
My reasons are:
1. Experience: My own family is very large say about 8-kids ,1-mother and a father = 10 memebers. Not that surffering, but lack little things when it can't go round.
2. National or Continental population. Check Nigers population or say African Population is too much and its not helping situation of things and that is why we continue to have hundreds of thousands of Niger writng JAMB and 1/8 will be admitted.

Conclusively let us maximise the output by reducing the input population.

@loomboc with all you have said you still say that people should have four kids . well coming from a family of eight kids four might seem small but i come from a family of five kids and i know that it is a strain sometimes. I believe three should be the maximum in this age of medical advances and economic austerity. Preferably have those kids within the first five years of marriage and spend the next 40 years raising, training and marrying off your kids. It would make it easier to train them and apart from that smaller families tend to form closer bonds compared to a family where the oldest is 20 and has to come home from uni to celebrate his little sister's naming ceremony (imagine that) shocked
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by loomboc(m): 12:34pm On May 28, 2005
Kodewrita,
My argument is that the family size should be FIVE parents inclusive, making the children =3. So am in supportive of your proposition that says we should have kids in the early stage of marriage so that one can have enough time lag to train them the way he wants without much stress, meaning "MAKING HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES".
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Chigszy(f): 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2005
I would like to have a large family but then the cost of raising these kids is very very high. i mean the cost of education has gravely increased and it is bound to rise even further so given that choice i would like to have 2 kids a boy and a girl. i mean but if i had 2 boys first then i would try for a third n hopefully it is a girl. It will be nice to have a mummy's little girl!! grin wink but if i get rich which i pray i would then perhapsi would go for four maximum because i mean have mercy i have got to push them out!! shocked aint easy!!!! even the idea of having one is alreqady scary so i hope a boy and a girl no matter the order is what i get so less work for me!!
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by jummy79(f): 9:30pm On Jun 08, 2005
I like the idea of 3-4 children. And my chances of having twins are good so I wouldn't mind that!
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Ra(f): 2:06am On Jun 09, 2005
My hubby, our 2 kids and my gorgeous self. Any addition and we're at the stadium.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by IAH(f): 1:37pm On Jun 10, 2005
I think 2 or 3 is okay. even if you have all the money in the world to raise kids, taking a trip or vacation with 5 or 6 kids towing along might not be so cool.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Flawless(f): 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2005
My ideal family size is 5 that is Myself my betterhalf, 2 boys and a girl.
[color=Blue][/color]
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by femade05(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2005
My ideal family size is 4[size=10pt][/size], i.e. self, wife & two kids. My wife wants 3 kids though. We have one now. I believe the smaller a family, the more bonding & love.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Eresi(f): 6:39pm On Jun 14, 2005
I would like to have 3 children - 2 boys and a lovely girl. This is because I would like to give them training that is worthy of emulation and it might not be very possible with me if there are many of them.

I pray God to grant me this request immediately I marry and keep them alive for me. The other children remaining in my womb can be distributed to the barren.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by justdman(m): 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2005
Ideally 5 but me girl friend want 8 (please, both of are included), my car be enough as I cherish comfort. I dont need bus as family car.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by IAH(f): 5:01pm On Jun 15, 2005
Eresi:

The other children remaining in my womb can be distributed to the barren.

hahahaha! I can't stop laughing! grin grin
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by funmibaby(f): 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2005
i think 3, i mean wife, husband, and one child. I also believe the smaller the family, the better for the health of the marriage and thus the health of the family. Maybe two kids at the most.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Greatpeter(m): 11:01pm On Jun 28, 2005
My ideal family size is five. I mean My wife, I, the breadwinner,2boys and a girl.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Motee(f): 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2005
2 KIDS
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by kazey(m): 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2005
6. 3 girls 3 boys. perfect if you have the power to maintain them wink
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by abrakson(f): 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2005
3kids is cool cool cos if u find urselves in an absentee father situation u as a wife will be able to take care of the kids or if u are widowed u wont have alot of load to carry
and the boundin is ooh so amazing though u have fights here and there but u settle easily cos there is no CROWED situation for u to start having cliques in one family,i think plenty children in a family is another fast way of promoting DISUNITY,above all u always have more than enough to go round,when trips are to be taken u all go no such things as wait for ur turn.
i am from a family of 3kids and i love it smiley

1 Like

Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by kazey(m): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2005
well if you are worrying about the family fitting into the car, you can get an 8 or 9 seater SUV.

Besides, a big family means more fun. You can throw your own parties etc. Just imagine, how family get togethers are going to be wink
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Kenya(f): 10:20am On Jul 09, 2005
I used to always say that I will have as many as God will allow me too until I had 15 nephews and neices. They are fun but man they drive me up the wall sometimes. I don't have any children yet and it's almost scary how things are going now. So I really don't know, Idealy I want to have a large enough family so that we could have lot's of fun and love for each other and so that our genes may live a long while.  My husband will have to help with this decision.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by hotangel2(f): 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2005
hmm i'd love 2 girls and a boy. if the girls could come as twins... How sweet
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by CalabarMan(m): 10:18am On Jul 15, 2005
I come from a family of 6 and I know how difficult it was for my father to send us all through school, but thank God he did and we are all Graduates. Based on his experience I would like to have 2 kids sex is not really so important boys, girls, mixed I don't mind, but to be a bit realistics I know if the 2 are girls my wife would be very worried, you know this issue about a woman not being complete unless she has a male child. If this happens and she is uncomfortable I would go for a third and final child with the warning that whatever we get is where we stop.

I like travelling oversea on vacation in fact I do that every year and would love to take my entire family along without going bankrupt so the smaller the size the better abi? Besides while building my house I only made provision for 2 childrens room, I have completed the house and I am already living in it and don't intend to do any expansion.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Greatpeter(m): 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2005
calabarman, I don't think women attach much importance about male child, rather it is the we men that do that. Women attach importance on female rather than male child.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Motee(f): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2005
Nowadays, i think some women feel comfortable in the man's house when they have a male child. If not for the man but to show the family that they also have a son.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by hopy2005(f): 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2005
4me I would have loved 3, tht's 2 boys and a girl.

born as u go fit trainooooo, don't bring the kids into world and they will be suffering the world is changing.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by sade(f): 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2005
Just 3 will be okay.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by solo2(m): 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2005
It is better to have less and train them better than to have groups that you can not aford to train, as for me I have one girl and two boys and that is ok for me.
Re: What's your Ideal Family Size? by Kenya(f): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2005
I would like to have more boy's than girls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? / Can A Pregnant Woman's Job Be Terminated Without Any Reason In Nigeria? / Why Is Some Men Wicked And Promiscious After Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.