Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,065 members, 7,807,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! (18907 Views)

Mohammed Shuaibu Slumps And Dies At NASS Complex / Edo 2016: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate / Edo 2016: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by KINGinVAHALA: 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
[b]Mr. Philip Shuaibu, a first term member of the House of Representatives, former member of the State House of Assembly and a godson of the outgoing governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has emerged as the running mate of the APC candidate, Mr. Godwin Obaseki.

The contentious issue on who would be the running mate to Obaseki was resolved in the favour of Shuiabu yesterday competent sources disclosed. However, some leaders from Edo Central Senatorial District who were not happy with the decision it was learnt yesterday were being pacified with the position of speaker. Vanguard learnt that Governor Oshiomhole had intensified efforts to get members of the state House of Assembly to return the speakership to the Central despite the near unanimity of the members to rally behind the incumbent, Mrs. Elizabeth Ativie. The lawmakers have argued that Ativie is Esan by marriage and said that they may not be any need to give the position to another Esan man. The decision to pick Shuaibu was based on the voting strength of Etsako people in Edo North which has three local government Areas. That was what the APC lacked in Edo Central, and that was what cost them the position.

The Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Julius Ihonvbere, former Secretary to the Government, Simon Imuekheme, Victor Eboigbe, John Akhigbe, Peter Esele and Prince Joe Okojie were all in the race before the leaders resolved to pick Shuaibu.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/shuaibu-emerges-obasekis-running-mate/

1 Like

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by Boring: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
i trust my Edo people to change dis useless change

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by Agunechemba1(m): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
Stop wasting tax payers money.

Edo people has chosen Pastor Osagie Ize Iyamu as their next Governor.

APC should go and sit down.

We are not ready to marry and maintain another white woman for a governor with tax payers money.

Pastor Osagie is the man after God's heart, he is the Messiah coming to liberate Edo state from the shackles of underdevelopment.

God bless POI.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by Tjohnnay: 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
undecided

Issokay

1 Like

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by bobgem001(m): 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
ok
Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by diamond55: 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by deygar: 5:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
kk , i knw edo pple knw wht is best for them...they have decided to change d change....

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by musleraq67(m): 5:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
not my business
Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by Bravoe(m): 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
Where He comes from in Edo state doesn't matter as long as they deliver.

God Bless Edo State.

8 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
IN APC I TRUST.. AM 100 PERCENT SURE APC WILL WIN THAT STATE IF U LOVE APC... PLS HIT LIKE IN THIS POST... pls dont forget to check my signature

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by 2rutalk1: 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
Lies from the pit of hell.
See the new APC governorship candidate with his deputy shocked

20 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by localblood(m): 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
Nice one there.... Great together!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
When you smoke Benin weed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by mondob2k(m): 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
The Comrade Gov that campaigned zealously against godfatherism as a

fresh aspirant back in 2007 is now the Father of Godfatherism..

15 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by hon4real(m): 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
two unknown entity, godfatherism in action. APC flag bearer Edo people no knw, PDP flag bearer Edo people knw. Oshiomole thinks he can impose a candidate, from his own region after just leaving the office from that region. what happens to the San region? yeye dey smell

10 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by nintal(m): 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
What a party! APC the party of the un corrupted.

1 Like

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by hon4real(m): 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
two unknown entity, godfatherism in action. APC flag bearer Edo people no knw, PDP flag bearer Edo people knw. Oshiomole thinks he can impose a candidate, from his own region after just leaving the office from that region. what happens to the same region? yeye dey smell

3 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by UjGina: 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
oshomole doing everything to aviod probe hence the need for godsons

3 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by GracedTobi: 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
APC in Edo state is God ordained......carry go true son of the soil.......we are behind you and your successor...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by superfelix: 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
ok
Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by Slymonster(m): 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
our new governor carry on...all those POI e. rat ain't got sh1t on you...

but oshiomole na smart man sha...shaibu?? chai they just bag in Edo north votes and so the battle is Edo south because Edo central is for pdp...Smh...

but can Obaseki control Philip shaibu so??it's always better u can have a deputy you can control and not the one that may throw you out o...I wish him well

4 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by comeandmarry: 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
Abegi no one is innocent, both pdp,apc all have corrupt leadership.oshio baba has lived up to his party fraudulent change in chains promise.so even if a so called pastor assumes winner for edo state governorship election, Dat does not make him the Messiah.
Trust me dis niggi will loot,and God forbid Pdp wins by presidential level in 2019..trust me looting by then will be like spectranet 10gig bonus subscribers, trust me the looting final season by Pdp vs apc would remain unlimited by then.
Pastor kor,apc ni.

End times is truly here.
Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by kayo80(m): 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hmm! Edo elections is getting closer. I just pray things don't get violent in the state like it did during Rivers elections.

1 Like

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by Olasco93: 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
smiley
Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by Theoritical(m): 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
What I don't really understand! How can a member ' House of Rep' be contesting as a deputy governor@ same time? Is there know other qualified person in APC?
This whole thing is Propaganda! If only PDP had a better' reasonable person, this would have been a stepping stone. Unfortunately, they choosed a political radical unproductive Pastor as flag bearer. The great Mistake.
Edo is in for another eight years of Periphery

3 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
Why Edo Men de always worwor like ds naw Haba!! 1st was igbenedion then osho baba, now these ones.

Buhari Why??
Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by Slymonster(m): 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
kayo80:
Hmm! Edo elections is getting closer. I just pray things don't get violent in the state like it did during Rivers elections.

bros edo is not rivers jare...we just vote for who we like or collect money and vote for who gives us money..we don't kill ourselves for rubbish

6 Likes

Re: Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! by markDT2(m): 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
Not bad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku: I Will Make Boko Baram Starve To Death / Nigeria’s Constitution Must Be Followed To The Letter - Datti Baba-ahmed / Motorcycle, Car in Umahi’s Convoy Crash, Kill Three In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.