Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls (18042 Views)

What Is The Difference Between A School, A College And A University? / The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft / Which Of The Punishment Did You Hate Back At School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Omotakins(m): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
My son(almost 4yrs) is in the reception class. He doesn't respond to teachings at school, doesn't talk or play. This is the exact opposite at home. Plays very well at home, sings and talks about all he's taught in the school. He responds very well to the teachings of his home teacher. His teacher in school is saying he will repeat class 'cos there is nothing to show he's learnt things. What do I do? Teachers, educators and Co, ur help is needed pls.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by yanabasee(m): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
At home... Do you allow your son to play around with his peers in your neighbourhood?..

His relationship with the neighbours will go along way to enhance his social life.. If you stay where there are no neighbours around.. Try to bring in ur brothers or sister's children for visitation during weekends....

I used to be like him... But in my case.. I wasn't able to speak English language which was the only means of communication in the school... So I'll find it very difficult to associate with other kids in the school...

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
Here to learn,also have a three year old like dat.

3 Likes

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Nairalanddiary: 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
You can try teaching him the little you can at home, or change the school. Maybe a change in environment will be better

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Omotakins(m): 8:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
yanabasee:
At home... Do you allow your son to play around with his peers in your neighbourhood?..

His relationship with the neighbours will go along way to enhance his social life.. If you stay where there are no neighbours around.. Try to bring in ur brothers or sister's children for visitation during weekends....

I used to be like him... But in my case.. I wasn't able to speak English language which was the only means of communication in the school... So I'll find it very difficult to associate with other kids in the school...
I did say that he plays at home, talks, recites things taught in school, but all these he won't do in school.

5 Likes

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Omotakins(m): 8:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
Nairalanddiary:
You can try teaching him the little you can at home, or change the school. Maybe a change in environment will be better
School is the issue. He has home teacher and we teach him at home,too He will just not talk in school making the school say he might repeat class.
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Omotakins(m): 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
Oyin93:
Here to learn,also have a three year old like dat.
hmmmmnnm.....so, how do we solve it?
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Omotakins(m): 9:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
yanabasee:

hmmmmmmnnn......there are children he plays with at home.
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by sammieddi(m): 1:29am On Jul 12, 2016
Omotakins:
My son(almost 4yrs) is in the reception class. He doesn't respond to teachings at school, doesn't talk or play. This is the exact opposite at home. Plays very well at home, sings and talks about all he's taught in the school. He responds very well to the teachings of his home teacher. His teacher in school is saying he will repeat class 'cos there is nothing to show he's learnt things. What do I do? Teachers, educators and Co, ur help is needed pls.

Do you know that kids learn differently?
Do you know the first 11 years of a child's life are the most important as this is the period that shapes the brain, mind and provides foundation for growth and development.
Have you heard about smart learning?

For more info: https://www.nairaland.com/3179989/how-raise-smart-children-pics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by ademiD(f): 7:13am On Jul 12, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by alphaconde(m): 11:57am On Jul 12, 2016
Sad
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by allanphash7(m): 11:58am On Jul 12, 2016
Change his school

36 Likes

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by eleko1: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2016
His class teacher is dumb .thank God,holiday is here for them,Change hiS school chap.

5 Likes

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by milky3(f): 11:59am On Jul 12, 2016
he needs to be handled specially

1 Like

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by hakeem4(m): 11:59am On Jul 12, 2016
There's only one solution

koboko

3 Likes

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Dandsome: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2016
Children learn differently. But please be very sure that he's not being victimized by his teachers. Cos sometimes the way teachers scold at children who are "quiet" like yours makes them even quiet the more. It makes them hide in their "shell" just the way I see your child is doing. If he was generally quiet everywhere and dull, the child won't be playing at home and reciting all he learns in school.... Op, to solve your problem, look first at the school before anywhere else. ... And hope the teacher isn't one frustrated Aunty who has been looking for a husband and can't get because of her bad character??

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by BrytestoreNow: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by CriticMaestro: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2016
homeschooling bro homeschooling shikenan...op say no b obange sha
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Mediapace: 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
Bro he may be an introvert/stammerer
Omotakins:
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Proffdada: 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
He's simply a good observer and an introvert.Such kids are very intelligent. The school teacher maybe too harsh or pays less attention to kids individually

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by steppin: 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
One of the many habits of over-pampered kids. He probably needs to be spoon-fed before he can learn.
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Lexusgs430: 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
Omotakins:

Have you asked you son, what his fears or concerns are ?

3 Likes

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by dipity: 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
He is probably just shy in school,the teacher should be more patient with him. You can change his school if possible, to a good montessori school

5 Likes

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Thomsyne(m): 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Wows... Since he's a bit grown up, try sending him on errands to his teacher, tell him to greet his friends for you, just tell him to tell his friends about his toys and things he enjoys doing at home... Remember... tell him to tell them...
By the way, parents... Read my blog post on: Importance of Math Education to children

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Mediapace: 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
Was that how your own parents handle you?

Angel of darkness spotted
hakeem4:
There's only one solution

koboko

10 Likes

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Pavore9: 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
Omotakins:
I did say that he plays at home, talks, recites things taught in school, but all these he won't do in school.

He is probably scared of the teacher and clams up.

3 Likes

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by augustina72(f): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
children of nowadays ehn
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by gbaskiboy: 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
End time child from concerned father grin
Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Jcob(m): 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
There is nothing wrong with your child. I guess he started school late hence keeping to him self in school this period. At age 4, he should be in Nursery 1. Truth is everything taught in school his sticking to his brain and can reproduce in a warm environment (Teacher and co pupils).

Visit the school and see how the teacher relates with them. At that stage, teaching should be individual based and not general. What is the age range of those in the class and well does he relate with his mates.

The teacher in school can be of help by using incentives and motivation methods to make him crawl out of his shell. HE is just being shy!

You can also involve the proprietor or proprietress of the school.

10 Likes

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
Omotakins:
But does he play with friends in the neighbourhood, or is he alone? If he's alone, or just with his parents, he probably might not be used to interacting with others and might close himself up out of fear, or just being shy. If he does play with friends, then its possible that he's scared of the teacher, maybe try to find out if anything has happened between the teacher and your son. All the best sir.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Doesn't Respond At School! A Confused Father Needs Help, Pls by babatee08(m): 12:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
Jst passing by hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Students Sit On The Floor In A School In Katsina (Pics, Video) / Ogun Student Arrested For Allegedly Poisoning Girlfriend, FUNAAB Clears Student / Unizik Cut Off Mark Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.