Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? (15314 Views)

After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? / Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Akure (aluminium Phase) / Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? by saridonp2: 2:32am On Sep 11, 2009
i am presently building a 3bedroom bungallow around egan in lagos and the person in charge of the building just gave me a quotaion of 965,000naira for the roofing, i have already sent him 660k from the amount and instructed him not to spend a dime from the money untill i give the ballance.i just want to be sure if the guy is not ripping me off because from his list,he quoted 185k only for workmanship and i have read from many post on nairaland that is something like 110k for workmanship.do you think 965k is fair enough to roof a 3bedroom bungallow with four toilets,one kitchen and dining?also i will like to have an idea of cost of digging a soak away pit, any useful info will be highly appreciated.
Re: Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? by saridonp2: 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2009
@Thirdeye and Ajileko

I have seen you guys giving advices to buiding issues, I will like you both to advice me on this and I will be glad for your input.
Re: Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? by klas(m): 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2009
Can you give more info like what type of roofing sheet are you using?, if aluminium, what thickness 0.45mm or 0.55mm? Is it longspan straight or steptiles? steptiles will require more purloin (wood) than straight one. I just finished roofing one bungalow in Abuja using Tower metcoppo 0.55mm which consumes 334mtrs of aluminium at roughly N1.1m
Breakdown
Wood for Tiebeam, rafter & purloin N273,000
Wood for nogging N54,000
Nails N35,000
Carpentary labour N105,000

Aluminium, accessories & instalation N630,000

You may negotiate down the labour cost. However be sure of what type of woods he is buying. If he feel you discount too much, he may agree and buy low quality wood that will give problem in future. Also he may buy lower guage roofing sheets for you. Whatever you do, monitor him well.
Re: Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? by saridonp2: 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2009
I cant really monitor him easily since am not in Nigeria except with guidelines from someone like you.In few days,I will post exactly the content of the quotation he sent to me and thank you very much for the information you have provided.If you dont mind,you can drop your email addy,
Re: Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? by ajileko: 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2009
@poster, It depend on the size of this house and what type of roofing materials you are using. Klas has explained it better. Aluminium sheet will always cost more because it's good and very durable. You can still negotiate hard on his labor and have him give you a break down for all the materials that he will be using. Good luck.
Re: Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? by saridonp2: 12:01am On Sep 12, 2009
Thanks alot@Ajileko, I will post the quotation in few days and if there is anything shady,I might need contact of a trustworthy carpenter from you guyz,
Re: Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 13, 2009
With that price i.e 965k, you can conveniently get a professional to get the workmen, good materials and get you job completed for you.

I would have given you a detailed analysis, but Klas' contribution is very O.K. Although the prices will be less for your 3 bedroom.

NOTE; A carpenter is got no biz with Longspan aluminium and its installation. Its not a regular carpenter's job.
Where he regular carpenter comes handing in the constructing the entire roof member. Secondly, he is not suppose to source for the wood if you want good materials. Just take like the gospel truth.

With a carpenter handling everything, and nobody to supervise him, you will not get a good job. Thats so certain.

What most pple dont know is that all artisans perform maximally when co-ordinated by a professional because of the believe that they can get more jobs from the professionals. But if its direct from a client, its just a one time stuff so they tend to do anything that pleases them except you meet the God fearing ones.

My advice, Get involved or Get somebody to get involved.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2009
With that price i.e 965k, you can conveniently get a professional to get the workmen, good materials and get you job completed for you.

I would have given you a detailed analysis, but Klas' contribution is very O.K. Although the prices will be less for your 3 bedroom.

NOTE; A carpenter is got no biz with Longspan aluminium and its installation. Its not a regular carpenter's job.
Where he regular carpenter comes handing in the constructing the entire roof member. Secondly, he is not suppose to source for the wood if you want good materials. Just take like the gospel truth.

With a carpenter handling everything, and nobody to supervise him, you will not get a good job. Thats so certain.

What most pple dont know is that all artisans perform maximally when co-ordinated by a professional because of the believe that they can get more jobs from the professionals. But if its direct from a client, its just a one time stuff so they tend to do anything that pleases them except you meet the God fearing ones.

My advice, Get involved or Get somebody to get involved on your behalf.

Cheers!
Re: Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? by saridonp2: 5:05pm On Sep 26, 2009
I have just been told by the person in charge that the roofing will be done with slate and some pieces of aluminium in the middle, Is this a good thing and does it worth paying 965k for?Please someone should advice me as soon as possible because I have given the money but told my brother to hold on to it untill I clarify issues,
Re: Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? by Edenitis(m): 4:18am On Sep 28, 2009
If you are willing to spend N965k for the roofing of a 3 bedroom bungalow

then Aluminum it has to be. No slate please!

I fully agree that the workmen need professional supervision. Never mind their bravado

in asserting their capabilities. Tell your brother to get you .55mm long span aluminum, and

colour of your choice.
Re: Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? by saridonp2: 12:39pm On Sep 28, 2009
Thank you@Edenitis, I have passes the information to my brother,
Re: Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? by dagreen14: 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2012
saridon_p: Thank you@Edenitis, I have passes the information to my brother,

Hi, i will like to know if you have completed your roofing because i have a similar project as well and am about to roof it. can i have the contact of the carpenter you used ...thanks
Re: Cost Of Roofing A 3bedroom Bungallow? by jaysam28: 11:26am On Jan 30, 2022
Visit https://jaysamarchitect.com/ to find out how to calculate the cost of roofing for your next building project.

(1) (Reply)

Multi-level Building Owners To Submit Insurance Certificates In Lagos / DATKEM Plaza Is An Illegal Structure, Contravenes Planning Laws - Ogun Govt / 4 Bedroom Flat On Half Plot Of Land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.