Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,798 members, 7,798,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Ribadu May Face Treason Charges! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu May Face Treason Charges! (625 Views)

New Electricity Tariff: Buhari May Face 1st Labour Showdown As NLC,TUC Spit Fire / Ribadu May Dump Acn To Return To Pdp(acn!i Dey Laugh Ooooooo Hahahahahah!) / All Selectivity Cases Endorsed For Trial By Ribadu May Be Nullified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu May Face Treason Charges! by Witi(m): 10:03am On Sep 11, 2009
Nigerian Compass
11th September 2009
Kunle Olasanmi, Abuja
FORMER Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Malam Nuhu Ribadu, was yesterday accused of working with foreigners to destabilise the country.
The Attorney-General and Justice Minister, Michael Aondoakaa, (SAN) accused Ribadu of treason and “working against the interest of the administration of President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.”
The allegations against the former EFCC boss border on the provisions of the criminal code.
The chief law officer of the country, however, said that no amount of propaganda from Ribadu can destabilise the country because the President is trying his best to uplift the standard of living of Nigerians.
He also threatened to sue the former EFCC boss “if he comes to Nigeria to say all that he is saying abroad because nobody can remain in an office forever.”
“He is giving false information to the British government about the situation of things in Nigeria. It is all false.”
Ribadu made a deposition in a London court that Yar’Adua’s Principal Private Secretary, Mr. David Edevbie, signed an agreement between three former governors and Vmobile to sell the states’ shares to the telecoms company. The former governors are Victor Attah (Akwa Ibom), James Ibori (Delta) and Bola Tinubu (Lagos).
“I won’t succumb to blackmail. If he (Ribadu) comes to the country and say all that he is saying abroad, I will sue him. Nobody can remain in an office forever. His appointment must be subject to the confirmation of the Senate. All the information he is giving to the British government is to embarrass and undermine the Federal Government,” Aondoakaa said.
On the Halliburton scam, Aondoakaa said the retirement of Mr. Mike Okiro, former Inspector-General of Police, slowed down the work of the committee set up to investigate the scam.
He said the N50 million approved for the committee by the Federal Government has been released by his office.
The AGF also declared that the EFCC has cleared the former governors of alleged money laundering on the Vmobile scam.
He however said the case file of the former governors on other cases has not been closed
It was alleged in a petition during Ribadu’s tenure that the former governors sold the shares of the states to Vmobile (now Zain) through a company called African Development Funds Incorporated.
It was further alleged that the transaction was not transparent and that it was used for money laundering.
The revelation of their clearance was as a request from the British government for more information about the deal.
According to the Attorney-General, he was not aware of the case until the British Home Office wrote him on June 1, 2009 for information on the case.
He said after he got the letter from Britain, he requested for the file.
Aondoakaa said: “This case has to do with Vmobile shares involving three former governors, Chief James Ibori of Delta State, Senator Bola Tinubu of Lagos State and Obong Victor Attah of Akwa-Ibom State. I was not aware of the case when I assumed office. I got a request for Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) from Britain on June 1, 2009.
“There is a company called African Development Funds Incorporation. The company was engaged to sell the shares of the states to Vmobile.
“While transaction was going on, the EFCC got information that the transaction was not transparent and that it was to be used for money laundering. EFCC started their investigation. I was not the AGF when it started. The EFCC said Access Bank was the bank used during the transactions.
“During investigation, it was gathered that the EFCC ordered Access Bank to stay action on the deal, that the commission was investigating the deal. Later, the EFCC wrote the bank that the issued has been cleared”.
He also denied the allegation that the agreement to the deal was signed by Edevbie, who was Ibori’s commissioner.
“At the time the request was made, EFCC had cleared the former governors. I didn’t ask the EFCC to clear the former governors after I got the request from Britain. All they have done is to embarrass the government. I can’t grant any request if all the ingredients of the offences were committed here.
“It is a lie that I have ordered the cases of the former governors to be withdrawn. The cases are still going on. I will not succumb to blackmail. I have not stopped any case.”

http://www.compassnews.net/
Re: Ribadu May Face Treason Charges! by knowme(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2009
Hmmmn Wonders shall never end, what are the things that Ribadu said that are lies? and what Has Yaradua actually Done to alliviate the suffering of the masses? Well God Dey sha and he will catch all of them one by one.
Re: Ribadu May Face Treason Charges! by untainted: 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2009
aondoaka is just chasing shadows and raising a smokescreen
he is a crook of the lowest commmon denominator and unless
he changes his ways and begins to advise his boss accordingly,
nuhu ribadu and el-rufai will never run out of fodder to f, k the administration up.
Note-i did not say ribadu is a saint or his style is noble.
so far, his strategy works
Re: Ribadu May Face Treason Charges! by esajay1: 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2009
Witi:

Nigerian Compass
11th September 2009
Kunle Olasanmi, Abuja
FORMER Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Malam Nuhu Ribadu, was yesterday accused of working with foreigners to destabilise the country.
The Attorney-General and Justice Minister, Michael Aondoakaa, (SAN) accused Ribadu of treason and “working against the interest of the administration of President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.”
The allegations against the former EFCC boss border on the provisions of the criminal code.
The chief law officer of the country, however, said that no amount of propaganda from Ribadu can destabilise the country because the President is trying his best to uplift the standard of living of Nigerians.
He also threatened to sue the former EFCC boss “if he comes to Nigeria to say all that he is saying abroad because nobody can remain in an office forever.”
“He is giving false information to the British government about the situation of things in Nigeria. It is all false.”
Ribadu made a deposition in a London court that Yar’Adua’s Principal Private Secretary, Mr. David Edevbie, signed an agreement between three former governors and Vmobile to sell the states’ shares to the telecoms company. The former governors are Victor Attah (Akwa Ibom), James Ibori (Delta) and Bola Tinubu (Lagos).
“I won’t succumb to blackmail. If he (Ribadu) comes to the country and say all that he is saying abroad, I will sue him. Nobody can remain in an office forever. His appointment must be subject to the confirmation of the Senate. All the information he is giving to the British government is to embarrass and undermine the Federal Government,” Aondoakaa said.
On the Halliburton scam, Aondoakaa said the retirement of Mr. Mike Okiro, former Inspector-General of Police, slowed down the work of the committee set up to investigate the scam.
He said the N50 million approved for the committee by the Federal Government has been released by his office.
The AGF also declared that the EFCC has cleared the former governors of alleged money laundering on the Vmobile scam.
He however said the case file of the former governors on other cases has not been closed
It was alleged in a petition during Ribadu’s tenure that the former governors sold the shares of the states to Vmobile (now Zain) through a company called African Development Funds Incorporated.
It was further alleged that the transaction was not transparent and that it was used for money laundering.
The revelation of their clearance was as a request from the British government for more information about the deal.
According to the Attorney-General, he was not aware of the case until the British Home Office wrote him on June 1, 2009 for information on the case.
He said after he got the letter from Britain, he requested for the file.
Aondoakaa said: “This case has to do with Vmobile shares involving three former governors, Chief James Ibori of Delta State, Senator Bola Tinubu of Lagos State and Obong Victor Attah of Akwa-Ibom State. I was not aware of the case when I assumed office. I got a request for Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) from Britain on June 1, 2009.
“There is a company called African Development Funds Incorporation. The company was engaged to sell the shares of the states to Vmobile.
“While transaction was going on, the EFCC got information that the transaction was not transparent and that it was to be used for money laundering. EFCC started their investigation. I was not the AGF when it started. The EFCC said Access Bank was the bank used during the transactions.
“During investigation, it was gathered that the EFCC ordered Access Bank to stay action on the deal, that the commission was investigating the deal. Later, the EFCC wrote the bank that the issued has been cleared”.
He also denied the allegation that the agreement to the deal was signed by Edevbie, who was Ibori’s commissioner.
“At the time the request was made, EFCC had cleared the former governors. I didn’t ask the EFCC to clear the former governors after I got the request from Britain. All they have done is to embarrass the government. I can’t grant any request if all the ingredients of the offences were committed here.
“It is a lie that I have ordered the cases of the former governors to be withdrawn. The cases are still going on. I will not succumb to blackmail. I have not stopped any case.”

http://www.compassnews.net/

This guys should focus on the Job at had, not look for excuses for failure. Our priority now is power, working health system, good roads and schools but to mention a few. not running cheap propergander (we are used to hearing already). Rubbish!
Re: Ribadu May Face Treason Charges! by Witi(m): 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
Posterity will never forgive the likes of Aondoakaa. This people are leech as long as they continue to live our beloved Nigeria can never develop imagine somebody of like him accusing ribadu of treason, if anybody should be charged with treason I think it should Aondoakaa himself with the manner the guy is messing up with our supreme constitution to achieve personal interest.
Re: Ribadu May Face Treason Charges! by kokoA(m): 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2009
Our present set of leaders hate to hear the truth, thats one thing I have noticed. But tell me how we can change if we refuse to accept that Everything is wrong with our nation and with us as a people irrespective of our religious and cultural affiliations. They said Mrs. Clinton was mis-informed because she spoke the truth, they said ASUU is sturbon because they are fighting for their rigths, they said Nigerians are rumor munggrers because we heard their are many Nigerian prisoners on deathrow in Lybia, they said people are liars because they said Ekiti elections were rigged, e.t.c. Now, Nuhu is the black sheep because he tells the truth. My heart bleeds for my dear country.

(1) (Reply)

El-rufai Denied New International Passport / 100million From Managing Directors & Chief Executive, Other 3 Paid For Bail / Fg Not Sincere On Political Reform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.