Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,391 members, 7,781,122 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:24 AM

Haunting Shadows - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Haunting Shadows (979 Views)

Shadows Of The Green Part Two / The Halloween Haunting / Shadows....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Haunting Shadows by JohnieWalker(m): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
HUNTING SHADOWS
By Johnie Walker (JW)
copyright 2016 Johnie Walker
www.facebook.com/poetskoinonia
Nairaland/ Editing Edition

All right reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced or used without permission from the author. This story is licensed for your personal enjoyment only.

JohnieWalker
facebook.com/poetskoinonia

Preface
This story is simply a work of fiction created from peoples life stories and experiences.
Time heals all wounds
But what happens to the memories?
what happens to the scars?
Will time also heal this?
A woman in her late forties kept asking herself as she weeps. A woman of power, wealth, a woman the society call Alhaja Diamond but truly known as Mrs Stella Thomas. Will she ever be able to find out how far she can go with the smelling heavy luggage of her past before it starts smelling out and becomes her hunting shadow.
It is still open for corrections and constructive criticism. Stay Tuned and please this is my first attempt at writing a story.

Re: Haunting Shadows by JohnieWalker(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Story starts fully tomorrow by 12pm. So invite everyone
Re: Haunting Shadows by JohnieWalker(m): 9:35am On Jul 13, 2016
CHAPTER ONE
PROLOGUE
20TH JULY, 20**
Everyday in the week of July was always bust day for Mrs Stella Thomas and she was someone that never joked with her day and treated everything as such. She was strict as if brought up under the household of Adolf Hitler and Charles Dicken as neighbor. She believed her strictness and always serious mindedness was the reason for the success pf chains of er businesses scattered around the globe.
She always had the knack for creating business ideas which left her competitors pondering about her secrets despite her high taste in fashion and societal parties even at age 46 she could still turn heads.
Dressed in an Atelier Versace designer flowing white gown worth around 8000 dollars, with a gold encrusted givenchy high heeled shoes and Valentino ladies purse that did cost her around 4000 dollars not forgetting her diamond encrusted pearl shaped necklace which she carefully wrapped around her neck she glided than the stairs laden with persian rugs leading from her bedroom into the sitting room looking like when Moses descended the Mount after receiving dthe tablets. Her maid Tira for she had to change the name from Tirakekobatoja to Tira for pronunciatiob sake who was watching a Movie on her TV and paid sub ;smiling and laughing hysterically jumped up immediately on sighting her already expectibg and avalanche of insults and a reminder of her poor background, greeted with fear in her voice with her body folding like someone with hunchback.
Re: Haunting Shadows by JohnieWalker(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2016
Tira: Good Morning Ma
Mrs Stella: After a long quizzing look as if she wanted to draw blood for her replied Animal! I say Animal!! How dare you dump your shitload compartment on my 20000 dollars couch, That couch can transform the lives of your four generations with change still left. She hissed after dishimg out some orders to Tira who stared at d floor for fear of raising her face to a factory resetting slap. Mrs Stella hissed, picked up her clutch bag and stepped outside although she tried to be happy but somethimg still doesn't seem right as to why Doctor Jake would want to see her on Monday morning. She ignored d greetings of her driver Yusuf who looked smart in his chauffeur uniform and had already prepared the car a 2016 Ford Edge SUV which she fell in love with during her last visit to the US to see her Dentist and Optometrist and had to shipp down to Nigeria for use. She eased in enjoying the fresh air blowing from the AC while asking Yusuf to drive her straight to Ambigous Galleria Event Centre downtown where she has been invited to chair a wedding Reception knowing fully well it was an avenue to get little change out from her she cursed under her breath. Was it her mind or did Yusuf become a Grand Theft Auto certified driver overnight she thought aloud as her phone started ringing jostling her back to reality from her thoughts as she searcrd for her clutch bag hoping it wasn't Doctor Jake, the phone am IPhone 6s Gold Deluxe Edition was a gift to her by one of numerous 'business' clients as she called them although she never considerend herself a slut but someone who loved to get drunk and receive some hardknocks under the sheets just for the fun of it; turned out it was her secretary Nadie, a Business Admin graduate in her 20's with the John Legends 'All of Me' features maybe why she took her in at once she sighes forcing Yusuf to turn back...
Re: Haunting Shadows by JohnieWalker(m): 9:53am On Jul 13, 2016
Nadie: Good morning Ma, she greeted softly
Mrs Stella: Yes! Yes!!What is it? she said wasting no time
Nadir:Ma, a man dropped a package for you not quite long.
Mrs Stella: How does this man look? She said looking a bit puzzled
Nadie: Madam I was quite busy when he came so I can't really describe him. She said softly sensing the trouble coming for her
Mrs Stella: Alambogolo, Oloriburuku, Ode how will you know Isiewu like you, when you have exchanged your brains and private parts; spreading your legs like rumours for your useless 2.1 certificate....idiat, get off my phone ending the call abruptly on hearing her club members chanting Alhaja Diamond! Alhaja Diamond!! Iron Lady! Cash Madam! Disturbing Mecca Lady!!! Yusuf jumped down like someone suffering from convulsion to open the door for her while she threw wads of cash into the air as her club members rushed to embrace her praising her looks and wears with Yusuf holding her bag smiling 'pigishly'.
She was led into the hall where the celebrant Tomi was getting married to a Pilot,
Tomi who happened to be the daughter of Dame Iniru Johnson a woman who was reputed to be a notorious girl trafficker but used her makeup and textile business as a front although a widow some believing she killed her husband but that's no business of hers. She just couldn't wait for the occasion to finish as she gave her donation of 5 million naira to the applause of others and quickly took her leave spraying the High Life Band Jamboree on her way as they sang her praises. She met an already eager to leave Yusuf who swiftly open the door for her and off they went. The journey was smooth and she wished for her beds because her thoughts were so pregnant and the surprises were so much for one day; Dr Jake calling her after 7 years and a stranger dropping a package for her in the office, the text message she received with an unknown number telling her the SCAR STILL BLEEDS she slept off waiting for Monday the mother of all days****
Re: Haunting Shadows by JohnieWalker(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2016
At this point I will be needing your reviews, constructive criticism and please I will be glad if you comment and encourage a first time writer with words and hope to learn from the criticism
Re: Haunting Shadows by JohnieWalker(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
Sunday was always quite uuneventful since she never went to church for she believed attending church was meant for the poor and sick people because she knew those pastors and prophets would bask in euphoria on sighting someone of her calibre in their church, they wouldn't hesitate to make her donate for one goddamit church building project and the thoughts made her burst into a mocking laughter shaking her head in pity of those in church while enjoying and lip singing to Usher 'Dive' playing from her home theatre she felt her spine go cold and her knee weakened as her favorite lines started playing

*** "It's raining inside your bed,
No parts are dry,
Loving makes you so wet, your legs,
your thighs
And ever since we first met I knew that I,
I knew I was ready baby,
to take that dive."

She felt this unusual hot adrenaline flow through her body and the type of reaction she felt between her legs she knew she needed a man to quench this buildup so soon moreover 'body no bi firewood jare' she said softly relaxing on the couch her hands between her thighs but who would be capable in taking her into the realm of estacy; the word realm made her chuckle she jumped up from the couch still laughing as she headed for her room soliloquizing as she went ' pipo dey baba God haus dey enter his realm me dey hia dey find wu go chook somechim for my kini so dat I go enta sex realm anyhow sha realm na realm as far pesin enta' she entered her room still laughing. Just then she remembered the name Django; a bit of smile clouded her face and the crazy escapade they had sometime last year at one eatery made her year but she respected her private life and didn't push on with the affair but who would find out the press she sighed they better focus on the missing budget, chibok gals saga and the Avengers and not on her but Sahara reporters she feared after her little issue with them. She jumped on her bed waving her hand in a 'I don't care manner' saying There ain't nothing lyk bad publicity while scrolling through her contact checking for Django's number**"
Re: Haunting Shadows by JohnieWalker(m): 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
Mods please close delete this story from this section because its already on romance section based on the level of romance on it. Thanks
Re: Haunting Shadows by JohnieWalker(m): 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
Mods please cdelete this story from this section because its already on romance section based on the level of romance on it. Thanks
Re: Haunting Shadows by Obinnau(m): 6:32am On Jul 14, 2016

(1)

Poem: Naija Economy Recession / Amaka's Other Side / Living In The Present - A Lesson In Letting Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.