Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. (8337 Views)

Steps To Writing A Successful Creative Brief / Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future / "No Man Wants A Liability So Ladies Wise Up" - Preye, The Female POP Designer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by randwise(m): 5:37am On Jul 13, 2016
When it comes to self employment in Nigeria, Catering is one of the best options to look into. This tips will help you whether you're a newbie or a veteran.

THE 8 TIPS:

1. Be realistic
■Catering is not glamourous!
■It’s hard work and long hours.
■When others play, you work.

Try these truths on for size before you invest any money, time or effort into an extension of your
endeavours. Only the strong survive!

2. Cool as a cucumber.
Above all you must be able to handle stress and never appear flustered.
And that’s not just your stress, but also the “freak-out” levels of stress your client might be experiencing. Realise what’s at stake for them. Trust and
powerlessness can be scary emotions for anyone.

3. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines.
Time is unforgiving in the catering business. Five or ten
minutes leeway is acceptable when serving, but half an
hour late is not, unless the client has pushed back the
clock. Are you reasonably punctual? Examine your
ability to deliver in a timely manner.

4. Find your own niche!
Remember there are many categories of catering; from
Cakes and barbecue to drinks and so on.
Establish your own area of excellence and interest.
Something you enjoy, something that makes your
product different.
If successful, you’ll be making lots of it!

5. Listen to your client.
Naturally your thoughts and suggestions are what they are looking for, but most clients have some preconceived ideas regards their event. Prize these out.
They’ll provide you with guidance and insights. It’s the client you’re trying to please.

6. Start early.
Catering is like Christmas. If you leave it until the last minute, you’ll wish you’d started sooner. Many things can be organized in advance such as rentals and the work force.
Over time, you’ll become familiar with the natural sequence. Until then, make lots of lists.

7. Be Friendly and flexible.

8. Belle of the Ball.
Clients love to know they have thrown a social smash. Share some of the comments and
compliments that came your way.

Part of the point is to glow in the glorious aftermath of
the event – and that goes for you too!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by herzern(m): 6:39am On Jul 13, 2016
[size=32pt]FTC aqain kiss[/size]

I am not a caterer but I know in Niqeria... Catering is all about having a beautiful face and a killer smile wink

Please,I want to cook moin -moin........will I use beans? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 13, 2016
Be a woman...a cute one does help.

All the Nigerian Parties I ever attended, if the caterers weren't corporate they are Women.

Where are the Feminists, we need EQUALITY.
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 13, 2016
For people who have passion for cooking ni?
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Rapmoney(m): 6:42am On Jul 13, 2016
H
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Araoluwa005(m): 6:43am On Jul 13, 2016
meet the best caterer I know

2 Likes

Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Drienzia: 6:43am On Jul 13, 2016
NIGERIANS CAN GIVE TIPS FOR AFRICA. YOU WILL SEE SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T AV ANY IDEA ABOUT THE MUSIC INDUSTRY,ADVISING ARTISTE'S ON HOW TO MAKE AN HIT TRACK. POLICEMEN ADVISING BLOGGERS ON HOW TO GET TRAFFIC.

NOW, OUR BELOVED OP THAT I KNOW VERY HAS NO IDEA ABOUT CATERING IS HERE GIVING OTHERS TIPS.

cheesy OP nice write up sha

4 Likes

Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by harrysjones(m): 6:44am On Jul 13, 2016
9....DRESS PROPERLY AS A CATERER

3 Likes

Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by macapie20(m): 6:45am On Jul 13, 2016
K

But cucumber ain't even cool.
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Segunagagu(m): 6:45am On Jul 13, 2016
Plsss I want to marry a Caterer..any caterer in the house pls..soo ooooo serious....
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 13, 2016
Avoid inappropriate relationships with clients except you want to be an EDIBLE CATERER

2 Likes

Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by one9ner: 6:57am On Jul 13, 2016
herzern:

I am not a caterer but I know in Niqeria... Catering is all about having a beautiful face and a killer smile wink

No, use ur balls
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Generalmac(m): 6:58am On Jul 13, 2016
Was that what made edible catering famous?

1 Like

Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by elkonS: 7:00am On Jul 13, 2016
hmmm...

Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by elkonS: 7:00am On Jul 13, 2016
herzern:

say no more bro...its all yours..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by edbor(m): 7:07am On Jul 13, 2016
hope to start a business in this field in the nearest future. . . tho more like a bakery cheesy
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by teacherbim(f): 7:08am On Jul 13, 2016
[quote author=herzern post=47486506] [size=32pt]FTC aqain kiss[/size]

[b][color=#990000]Please,I want to cook moin -moin........will I use beans?

No!beans ke use egusi and baking powder and thank me later
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by segcymoor(m): 7:52am On Jul 13, 2016
Nice
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Penuelseun(m): 7:55am On Jul 13, 2016
Take this for breakfast

1 Like

Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Penuelseun(m): 8:00am On Jul 13, 2016
Lunch

Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Originalsly: 8:07am On Jul 13, 2016
Hmmm.....do all the above ×10.....can't help you be successful if your foods look and taste like crap.
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by hebenezher(m): 8:08am On Jul 13, 2016
herzern:

my antie often use dried maize, try that
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by chival(f): 8:19am On Jul 13, 2016
herzern:

Nope. Having a beautiful face and a killer smile will not get the job done. Like the OP said, catering is tedious work.
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2016
anyone knows the different methods of cooking fried rice?
or links?
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by joshuamoses101(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2016
FOR SUPPLY OF PEANUTS FOR ALL YOUR OCCASSIONS

JUST HOLLA

peace be unto you
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by ddaammyy(f): 10:59am On Jul 13, 2016
Cool, but what about cooking delicious party jollof rice?
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 13, 2016
ruihcxd
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 13, 2016
mmvfuu
Re: 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria. by kingsfield(m): 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
herzern:

Use BEANS instead of beans.

(1) (Reply)

Needs Guide On How To Lodge A Formal Complaint / Nigeria Army Career / Is Animal Production A Good Course To Study In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.