Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. (13949 Views)

What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? / Seven Up Bottling Company Sacks 4 Mangers For Stealing / 7 Top Revealing Secrets On How Best To Conquer Fear Of Business Start-ups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by oglalasioux(m): 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
I don’t know the right people

_Reality: You can change who you know and who knows you today. Start by being the kind of person you would want to know._

Thanks OP. But throw more light on being the kind person you would want to know.

In Nigeria you can't treat this point with levity. Even when you know the right people but you are not related to them, be in the same political party with them or worship in their church, nothing for you.
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by Reference(m): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
Rounakid:
The most educative post ever on NL.
If only the mods will be pushing this kind of thread to FP and not about Snake,Bushmeat,Tonto Dikeh and others. sad

grin Ronaldo and Messi, Fayose and Fulani Herdsmen, Avengers and X-men.
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by zonax(m): 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
Supnaija:

WORD!!!!. Imagine Yankee where the two most important things required for success are given to them on a daily basis.

LIGHT AND INTERNET

For crying out loud I dont see why we should face poverty and not have the money to push our education which is the cradle of success. Now when boys won learn online NO INTERNET if e dey e go high like wetin person no know.

Okay if we have the internet, wey NEPA. tell wey NEPA. Na that time wey we just won check see if we go fit advance our mind or see if maga don pay...na that time NEPA go remember say they forget to punish us with darkness

Am Just saying, this is just an opinion.

Our Father's never had Internet nor nor electricity, yet they went on to become successful.
You are your excuse.
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by Emasky4real(m): 3:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
RitzyPrince:
you're misunderstanding me, just to clear a point that with all those excuses exclusive you won't succeed with all your hard work else God favors you and ceteris paribus!!
Now I get you. I also believe that there is an element of luck in achieving success. Luck is the God factor as you have rightly said, and without it, no amount of effort will amount to success. However, we should always have in mind that luck is beyond our control. Our role is to put in the needed effort, just like a farmer who plant his seed. If we don't make any effort we need no seer to tell us what our result would be. Thanks for your kind reply.
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by bozcojohn5: 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nice write up @ op
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2016
[size=32pt]WORK HARD
PLAY HARD
NO EXCUSE!!!![/size]
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by RobinHez(m): 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2016
Preach preacher!!
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by enoch273: 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2016
TheSPEAKER:

Beautiful! I love to see articles like this.

In addition, work out your "behind the scenes". I come out better each time and they keep wondering how.

"it is better to be prepared and not have an opportunity than to have one and not be prepared."---Les Brown.

I am glad you like it sir. Thanks a lot for the heads up

1 Like

Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by enoch273: 4:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ekeolu:

Nice one.

Thanks a lot Sir, I am glad you like it.
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by Ricardo010: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
i tink dis piece of info is very true n in reality dis is my best post for d moment, God bless u for dis info
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nice one.
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by Horlawale1(m): 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
Excusitis
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by TheSPEAKER(m): 6:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
enoch273:

I am glad you like it sir. Thanks a lot for the heads up

You're very much welcome. Keep at it.
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by Kgdavid(m): 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
Rounakid:
The most educative post ever on NL.
If only the mods will be pushing this kind of thread to FP and not about Snake,Bushmeat,Tonto Dikeh and others. sad

Nairaland is not meant to be educative. It is an open forum, meaning it is meant to be reflective of the preferences of the people who use it. As you can see, despite this thread being on the front page it is only 2 pages long. This shows you that the bulk on nairaland's clients (nairalanders), do not appreciate topics such as these, as much as they do others.

Nairaland mods have to respond to the demand by creating the supply. Snake threads go to front page because the bulk of nairalanders and even other Nigerians online, like to read snake stories.
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by Ayoola171(m): 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nice one from op.
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by Burgerlomo: 9:56pm On Jul 13, 2016
enoch273:
At a point in our lives we ve done either one of these, but as a gppdt reminders to those who are going through this phase or will be going through this I really wish they find strength in this

I’m not good enough

_Reality: There are people not as smart, talented or experienced as you who got started and are already ahead of you._

I don’t have the time

_Reality: Success doesn’t come from having time. It comes from making time._

I don’t have the money

_Reality: You don’t need money to make money. You need a mission. Then deliver value to those who have the money._

I don’t know the right people

_Reality: You can change who you know and who knows you today. Start by being the kind of person you would want to know._

It’s not the right time

_Reality: There is always a right action in good times and bad times, which means it is always the right time._

It’s not that easy

_Reality: No it’s not. Which is why most people never try, and most people never reach their full potential. But you’re not most people._

I don’t deserve it

_Reality: Success isn’t earned by those who deserve most, but those who serve most._

What’s stopping you

_Success doesn't go to those who have the most ambition, but those who have the least excuses. Excuses are the brake pedals in life, and you can’t get going if the brakes are on._

So start by replacing every excuse with action

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1188462837854329&id=451459298221357&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1188462837854329%3Atl_objid.1188462837854329%3Athid.451459298221357%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1470034799%3A-7866954883994979830

Thank you
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by enoch273: 12:34am On Jul 14, 2016
Burgerlomo:

Thank you
You are welcome.
Re: Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. by Supnaija(m): 2:59am On Jul 14, 2016
zonax:

Our Father's never had Internet nor nor electricity, yet they went on to become successful.
You are your excuse.

Is that so?
Please tell me, do you need electricity for farming. Or you need google to know when you need to water your crops. Our fathers were mainly involved in this occupation and other things that did not need these.
The kind of jobs we do today, the kinds of businesses we run require those two amenities. So brother unless you belong to the stone age, which i think you do. Unless you wont be saying this.
We definitely need power and internet connection, Period

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pain Of An Accountant / Who Wants To Be A Petroleum Engineer? Please Read This. / What Can A Fresh Graduate Do To Earn A Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.