Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper (38546 Views)

Slay Queen Caught Bush Meat, Prepares Delicious Pepper Soup (photos) / Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos / How To Make Goat Meat Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Naijasinglegirl: 9:17am On Jul 13, 2016
I would never understand Yorubas and their love for stew. In the past couple of months, have been having ALL MY MEALS at bukas and Iya Basira's and each time I ask for any meal, they top my food with stew.
Bukas cum Iya Basiras in VI, Surulere, Yaba, Agege, Ikeja, Egbeda and the rest of Lagos are guilty of this! In short it is becoming a matter of state security.  8-O
This afternoon I bought common yam porridge and they has to top it with stew in addition to the excessive the palm oil. It is the same thing with soups and I have suspended eating eba if it is not home cooked.
Vegetable soup, melon, and ewedu soups all come with stew.
An iyabasira once told me its not intentional, that they usually cook meat in stew reason I always see bits of stew in my food even when I buy ice cream from a Yoruba woman!
Like, I have stopped buying meat and they are still serving me meals with stew!

I bought moimoi last week and they poured a generous amount of stew on my innocent moimoi.

I bought Yam and fried egg and stew was poured ontop my yam!

I bought jollof rice, beef and coleslaw and they poured stew on my coleslaw.

Fried rice always comes with stew or excessive oil.

I bought rice, stew and boiled egg and they poured stew on my innocent egg!

Like! Open any Iya Basira's pot and you'll see innocent boiled eggs soaked in stew.
Everything is now starting to taste like stew in my mouth. Funny part is when you ask for  the real rice and stew, they are usually very stingy with stew.
I have to keep up with this until I have made enough money to afford KFC and chicken republic everyday!
I. Am. Tired.

www.naijasinglegirl.com/yoruba-people-wont-kill-stew-oil-pepper/

162 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by madridguy(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2016
Go back to your village. Shikena

223 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by abimbawealth(f): 9:24am On Jul 13, 2016
undecided

6 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Atk01(f): 9:38am On Jul 13, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:

Like! Open any Iya Basira's pot and you'll see innocent boiled eggs soaked in stew.

www.naijasinglegirl.com/yoruba-people-wont-kill-stew-oil-pepper/
Lol. But seriously to me, those eggs soaked in stew are sweeter.

173 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Omotayor123(f): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2016
NSG!!! You wan lie for the Nation Stew in Your moi moi bi ti bawo shocked
Them dey pluck pepper free for Your side undecided

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by khalhokage(m): 9:59am On Jul 13, 2016
madridguy:
It's a joke, don't take it so hard. tufia!

113 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by MrCow(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2016
lolz
My aunt is a stew addict, that was how she cooked noodles and served with stew, I was like WTF

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Antina(f): 10:27am On Jul 13, 2016
madridguy:
Abi, whre soup looks like field full of grass.

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by madridguy(m): 11:05am On Jul 13, 2016
grin no mind the guy jare.

Antina:

Abi, whre soup looks like field full of grass.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2016
Hahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

This lady no go kee me with laughter o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Funjosh(m): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
Goan marry and stop eating in buker up and down tongue

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by lepasharon(f): 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2016
Just like how Igbos like green leaves

Na so e be

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by dasparrow: 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
Funjosh:

Go ahead and marry her since you feel marriage seems to be every Nigerian woman's sole purpose on earth.

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by dasparrow: 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
Funjosh:

Go ahead and marry her since you feel marriage seems to be every Nigerian woman's sole purpose on earth.

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Funjosh(m): 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
dasparrow:

Will you be the father of the day

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Smartsyn(m): 8:34am On Jul 14, 2016
You omitted the ultimate, bread and palm oil beans.. That is where food ends..

It has been helping the poor since 90bc

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:58am On Jul 14, 2016
Because rheir foods are not tasty, so they had to add stew to top up the taste

28 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by aBOSEDEJOY1: 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2016
Do you mean you guuys dnt eat stew at all?is made from vegetables,so why the heck?
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Because rheir foods are not tasty, so they had to add stew to top up the taste

5 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2016
aBOSEDEJOY1:
Do you mean you guuys dnt eat stew at all?is made from vegetables,so why the heck?
Not with everything

3 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by DoTheNeedful: 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ofe nmanu wink

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by thunder74(m): 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
Even puff - puff too dey get pepper, get used to it. Emi ti o j'ata, emi yepere. ( Somebody should interpret this for the op)

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by myners007: 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2016
stew oil is good but pepper NNNNNNNNo

1 Like

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by ibe9ja: 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2016
The stew is a top up called FISI.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by dreamwords: 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
grin
Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by tonysmart2016: 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
stew on coleslaw.... Liar...

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
confirm. you this babe dey waka gan o but i dey always feel your story. Keep Walking grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by OnWebTech: 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
NSG always on point

3 Likes

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by LesbianBoy(m): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
Yoruba people have trust issues! They cook fried rice they put stew! They cook indomie dey put stew! Na wa! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper by liciouspee(f): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
MrCow:
lolz
My aunt is a stew addict, that was how she cooked noodles and added stew, I was like WTF

O brother, lemme just say UR MISSING OOOO. It's a common thing in my house up to the pt whr my mum doesn't buy or allow any1 buy noodles wen stew dey. But bro o, e swt die that's if u no hw to mix it o

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cooking Beans Can Be Very Frustrating (see Pics) / Family Rice: Akwa Ibom Rice Is In Town (Photos) / The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.