Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island (3105 Views)

Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) / Lekki Toll Hike Causes Lock-Down On Lagos Island (Photos) / A Drone In Ikoyi-Lekki Link Bridge Found This (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 11:56am On Jul 13, 2016
Tourist jogging in Ikoyi in "Lagos in Motion" tourist documentary film of Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima to be released worldwide this July. See more on @247Nigeria on Twitter.

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Emmatdayo(m): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2016
OP, u mumu oo, wat so special about it

abi no be ordinary jogging wey everybody dey do lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by ifyalways(f): 11:59am On Jul 13, 2016
This is news how and why?

Lots of Nigerians jog on same Ikoyi bridge daily.

2 Likes

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
Emmatdayo:
OP, u mumu oo, wat so special about it

abi no be ordinary jogging wey everybody dey do lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
[size=20pt]Ode, uneducated slave., the message of a tourist documentary emphasises safety, clean environment and hospitality.
A picture is worth a thousand words.

1 Like

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by dasparrow: 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2016
@Post

A white woman is jogging so what? I saw black people jog in predominately white countries all the time and I did not see whites creating threads on their blogs and websites to fawn over a black person jogging. Seriously, what's the big deal? Are whites not mere mortals like us? Why does this deserve our attention? Why does the average Nigerian battle inferiority complex?

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley

4 Likes

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 13 Jul 2016 11:51
Subject: Michael Chima, thank you!

Thank you so much!
Michael Chima, thanks so much for taking the time to post your photos of Ikoyi. Seeing another traveller's photos can make such a big difference when you're going somewhere new.

Thanks again for taking the time to make other travellers smarter, better, stronger.

TripAdvisor LLC, 400 1st Ave., Needham, MA 02494, USA
© 2016 TripAdvisor LLC. All rights reserved. TripAdvisor, the TripAdvisor logo, the logo of the owl, Travellers' Choice and the logo of Travellers' Choice are registered trademarks or trademarks of TripAdvisor LLC in the US and / or other countries.

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Emmatdayo(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
Orikinla:

[size=20pt]Ode, uneducated slave., the message of a tourist documentary emphasises safety, clean environment and hospitality.
abi omo ale ni ee ni?
Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
The most recent documentary films of the BBC and Al Jazeera on Lagos city did not show the true pictures of Lagos. They showed Lagos with mostly dirty people and filthy streets to paint an overall negative impression of the city that will never attract foreign tourists and foreign investors.
We have to correct their erroneous pictures of the commercial capital of Africa, the largest megacity with the highest GDP in the continent.

There are millions of white people in the US and Europe who think you cannot be safe in any city in Africa.
They don't know that Lagos city is safer than New York City.
Immediately after posting these pictures on my popular @247Nigeria on Twitter, the President/CEO of beBee, Mr. Matt Sweetwood connected with me and many top CEOs and celebrities with hundreds of thousands of followers started following me.

Hello Orikinla:

Matt Sweetwood is now following you. You are now connected and can send messages to each other.

As they day, a picture is worth a thousand words.

We saw the white woman jogging alone unaccompanied on the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge and waited for her to and fro.
That said a lot about her location of Lagos city.

[size=20pt]If nothing is special to you about a white woman jogging ALONE in the largest megacity in Africa, that does not mean it is not special to millions of others who have never seen or been to Lagos.
To them, it WOW! What a delightful sight![/size].

We are planning premieres of "Lagos in Motion" in different countries overseas to show millions of foreigners Africa's largest megacity in 2016.

Do you know that there are even millions of people in Lagos who have never seen or been to the Palms in Lekki!

Every October 11, to celebrate the United Nations' International Day of the Girl Child, we host hundreds of school children to watch films at the Silverbird Cinemas in the Silverbird Galleria on Victoria Island, and majority of them come from the outskirts of Lagoos. They said they have never seen or been to the Silverbird Galleria before.
So, there are local tourists in Nigeria who have never seen a white woman jogging alone in a city in Nigeria.

Intellectual comprehension is a big problem among many people in Nigeria.
The ignorance of one person can help to improve the knowledge of others.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by blank(f): 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
Post your oyibo people are safe in Lagos in oyibo websites. They will be impressed, i guess. We are not impressed.
Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by lollmaolol(m): 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
Tourist should come and jog from Oshodi to Mushin, then we can honestly say Lagos is safe.

1 Like

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2016
blank:
Post your oyibo people are safe in Lagos in oyibo websites. They will be impressed, i guess. We are not impressed.
Who are we, Olosho? You and who? Your fellow re-tards. Do you count in relevant matters when your comment is so insignificant to the majority of followers of the topic?. grin

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by blank(f): 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
Orikinla:

Who are we, Olosho? You and who? Your fellow re-tards. Do you count in relevant matters when your comment is so insignificant to the majority of followers of the topic?. grin

Why so uncouth? Sane guy like you that considers "oyibo running in Lagos" as big news. Don't worry, I understand that it's your first time.

1 Like

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 12:24am On Jul 14, 2016
lollmaolol:
Tourist should come and jog from Oshodi to Mushin, then we can honestly say Lagos is safe.
Believe it or not, the "Area Boys" themselves will be her bodyguards. grin

1 Like

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 12:27am On Jul 14, 2016
blank:

Why so uncouth? Sane guy like you that considers "oyibo running in Lagos" as big news. Don't worry, I understand that it's your first time.
Since when?
Since I was 7? grin

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 12:34am On Jul 14, 2016
Emmatdayo:
abi omo ale ni ee ni?

Omo Oluwabi nimi.
Oriki NLA is not a small name if you know what it means.

I call this picture FOLLOW ME. grin

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by TheCongo2: 12:40am On Jul 14, 2016
LOL.............
Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Bandeco(m): 7:26am On Jul 14, 2016
Orikinla:

You are bastard, poorly educated rat. Very rude and uncouth slavish fool. What's the big deal about a woman jogging in Lagos.

Going by ur later insultive explanation for why u had to create such absurd thread after been call upon for your tomfoolery by sane minds here.
98pc of visitors on nairaland are Nigerian citizens both home and in the diaspora ; not potential tourist to Nigeria. As bland(f) rightly pointed out(which you classlessly decended on her) , this is not the right medium for ur advocacy. Take ur thread to foreign site if u want to do ur country good. Nairaland will achieve nothing In that regard
You don't cut across as intelligent to me as your writing seemed. How old are you?

Take this nonsensical and low self esteemed thread down before Ogun destroy u idiot. Whiteman's slave
Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 8:05am On Jul 14, 2016
Bandeco:

You are bastard, poorly educated rat. Very rude and uncouth slavish fool. What's the big deal about a woman jogging in Lagos.

Going by ur later insultive explanation for why u had to create such absurd thread after been call upon for your tomfoolery by sane minds here.
98pc of visitors on nairaland are Nigerian citizens both home and in the diaspora ; not potential tourist to Nigeria. As bland(f) rightly pointed out(which you classlessly decended on her) , this is not the right medium for ur advocacy. Take ur thread to foreign site if u want to do ur country good. Nairaland will achieve nothing In that regard
You don't cut across as intelligent to me as your writing seemed. How old are you?

Take this nonsensical and low self esteemed thread down before Ogun destroy u idiot. Whiteman's slave
E pain you, idol worshiper. grin
We dey laugh at you o.
I am not the cause of your frustrations.
You can send your CV for the next documentary films, "Lagos in Celebration" and "Lagos is Working".

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 8:20am On Jul 14, 2016
dasparrow:
@Post

A white woman is jogging so what? I saw black people jog in predominately white countries all the time and I did not see whites creating threads on their blogs and websites to fawn over a black person jogging. Seriously, what's the big deal? Are whites not mere mortals like us? Why does this deserve our attention? Why does the average Nigerian battle inferiority complex?

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley

Local tourists strolling in Lagos from "Lagos in Motion".

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 8:37am On Jul 14, 2016
Listen to the music of "Lagos in Motion".
|Elenu Ni Be| by 2ms Featuring Tha Suspect »
http://www.unsignedarts.com/?p=2729

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 14, 2016
this is very significant. it shows that southwest is save.
Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 11:14am On Jul 14, 2016
WinningSun:
this is very significant. it shows that southwest is save.
Thank you.
The ignorant opionated posters totally missed the point and preferred to make a public exhibition of their ignorance and stup-idity.
They cannot read and they cannot comprehend the premis of the picture.
Foreign images of Lagos and most places in Nigeria portray negative images giving a total erroneous impression of our environment.

The title of the same picture is "Tourist Jogging in Lagos" on Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Facebook.
But for SEO I changed it on Nairaland. And it is working from the latest search results.
The white woman is not the main thing, but Lagos City.

Key words of White Woman, Jogging, Lagos are for SEO.
There is another Lagos in Portugal and is linked to the Lagos in Nigeria. But more than 90% of Nigerians don't even know this fact.

1 Like

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Ugosample(m): 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
Orikinla:
The most recent documentary films of the BBC and Al Jazeera on Lagos city did not show the true pictures of Lagos. They showed Lagos with mostly dirty people and filthy streets to paint an overall negative impression of the city that will never attract foreign tourists and foreign investors.
We have to correct their erroneous pictures of the commercial capital of Africa, the largest megacity with the highest GDP in the continent.

There are millions of white people in the US and Europe who think you cannot be safe in any city in Africa.
They don't know that Lagos city is safer than New York City.
Immediately after posting these pictures on my popular @247Nigeria on Twitter, the President/CEO of beBee, Mr. Matt Sweetwood connected with me and many top CEOs and celebrities with hundreds of thousands of followers started following me.

As they day, a picture is worth a thousand words.

We saw the white woman jogging alone unaccompanied on the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge and waited for her to and fro.
That said a lot about her location of Lagos city.

[size=20pt]If nothing is special to you about a white woman jogging ALONE in the largest megacity in Africa, that does not mean it is not special to millions of others who have never seen or been to Lagos.
To them, it WOW! What a delightful sight![/size].

We are planning premieres of "Lagos in Motion" in different countries overseas to show millions of foreigners Africa's largest megacity in 2016.

Do you know that there are even millions of people in Lagos who have never seen or been to the Palms in Lekki!

Every October 11, to celebrate the United Nations' International Day of the Girl Child, we host hundreds of school children to watch films at the Silverbird Cinemas in the Silverbird Galleria on Victoria Island, and majority of them come from the outskirts of Lagoos. They said they have never seen or been to the Silverbird Galleria before.
So, there are local tourists in Nigeria who have never seen a white woman jogging alone in a city in Nigeria.

Intellectual comprehension is a big problem among many people in Nigeria.
The ignorance of one person can help to improve the knowledge of others.

Cheers.

Lagos id safer than New York? *opens mouth*
Though I admire your drive to rebrand the image of Africa in the eyes of the global community, I find that statement hilarious cheesy grin
Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
247 Nigeria (@247nigeria) tweeted at 5:13 pm on Fri, Jul 15, 2016:
Lagos today from my documentary "Lagos in Motion" and by Ukrainian tourist Funke Oyinbo Pepper. https:///AwzKQB5bjZ
(https://twitter.com/247nigeria/status/753985888095461376?s=03)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download?s=13

Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Ugosample(m): 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nice one. Nice one indeed.
Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Orikinla(m): 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ugosample:

Lagos id safer than New York? *opens mouth*
Though I admire your drive to rebrand the image of Africa in the eyes of the global community, I find that statement hilarious cheesy grin
The crime rate in New York City is public knowledge.
It is even worse than the entire south west of Nigeria.
You can search on Google.
Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by Ugosample(m): 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
Orikinla:
. The crime rate in New York City is public knowledge. It is even worse than the entire south west of Nigeria. You can search on Google.
Okay
Re: White Woman Jogging In Ikoyi On Lagos Island by uuzba(m): 12:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
Orikinla:
247 Nigeria (@247nigeria) tweeted at 5:13 pm on Fri, Jul 15, 2016:
Lagos today from my documentary "Lagos in Motion" and by Ukrainian tourist Funke Oyinbo Pepper. https:///AwzKQB5bjZ
(https://twitter.com/247nigeria/status/753985888095461376?s=03)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download?s=13
Julius Berger built this link bridge.
Is that why you are summersaulting with happiness here?
I don't get it.
You've not seen bridge before or what?

(1) (Reply)

Don't Use Chisco Transport!! / Right Of Appeal Against A Student Visa Refusal To Be Abolished / Short Vacation To France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.