Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction (29689 Views)

Ibu Faith Graduates With Distinction In MSc From University Of Bedfordshire, UK / Munonyedi Kelvin Egbo Graduates From University Of Glasgow UK With Distinction / Abdulkadir Islamiyat Oluwatoyin Passes Nigerian Licensing Exam With Distinction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Almaiga: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
Sai godiya, we are proud of you Yar'uwa.

4 Likes

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Cherishing(f): 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
onyenze123:

It will still end in the kitchen grin grin grin
Stay there, the world is fast evolving and will soon get to your door post grin

2 Likes

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by AdaAnambra: 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
Rawani:
A 22 year old Nigerian graduate of Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto (UDUS) recently graduated with a Distinction in Software Engineering from the prestigious University of Southampton, United Kingdom where she completed her Masters in Engineering programme.

Maimuna Tani Matankari hails from Sokoto State and earned her first degree in Computer Science from UDUS.
Nice one girl. go girl. #Girlpower #BlackGirlMagic

2 Likes

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
farouk0403:

meh nufin ka? Kai iyamiri ne?
Da fauk! ni igbo ne cheesy. kuma hausa a bakina kaman donken kano wink.
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2016
Great news we need more of these

1 Like

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Barigaboy(m): 4:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nyc 1 Damsel u r representing Nigeria well. Well that's not new to me. Nigerians r brilliant n not appreciated here. D problem we have is our leaders. Our politicians sees theirself as d country. If they fall sick tomao they wud declare public holiday with our money in their account. Naming all the street after their name. God will help Nigerians cos dis our politicians r frustrating d citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by treasurelove(m): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
fulanimafia:

Actually cousins. You're spot on. Small world.

Yesterday it was Miss Daggash being celebrated for earning a first class in Engineering yesterday from Oxford, and a few weeks ago it was another brilliant northern gentleman that was similarly being celebrated.

While some are already bitter at the rising trend of Nigerians from the North using their brains to paint our country in brilliant colors thereby puncturing the narrative they love to peddle about the North, we will continue to celebrate the fact that we are developing skilled manpower for a brighter future for the region and Nigeria as a whole. The internet will rewire the northern stereotype in no time.

Congrats Tani.
stup up
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by mamaafrik(m): 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
How i wish those whites too can come to our universities and graduate with such grade,i just wana knw if we (students)are the problem or the system.
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by lastmessenger: 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
Well just like the rest of them folks let join and praise you young girl. Congratulations,you have done us proud.
At the same time,let not this software engineering degree be a waste. It must be put to a good use.in no distance, we expect to hear of a new software being developed.
Don't just end up as a payed worker like the majority of them in Nnpc and CBN.

3 Likes

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by lailo: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
Just imagining d kian Aboki english wey go dey bombshell 4rm her mouth.

1 Like

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
Cherishing:

Stay there, the world is fast evolving and will soon get to your door post grin

Even when I have 6 cars instead of 6 packs? grin grin
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nigerians that were not opportuned to study abroad should be allowed to go to school #ReopenOau
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Princepoint(m): 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
congrat
9ja olodo na guru 4 aboard I think it the environmental factor
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Dainikel(m): 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2016
That's awesome, more of that from the northern region

2 Likes

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by farouk0403(m): 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
crotonite:
Da fauk! ni igbo ne cheesy. kuma hausa a bakina kaman donken kano wink.

Abokina ama fa ka burge ni wallhi.

am really impressed, I thought you are rom the north.

where do you reside?
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by donna25: 10:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
Proud of u girl,Federal Government College Sokoto is proud of you,UDUS is proud of you and the world too...keep repping

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by fulanimafia: 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
donna25:
Proud of u girl,Federal Government College Sokoto is proud of you,UDUS is proud of you and the world too...keep repping

How did you find that out smiley? Are you also an alumni?

1 Like

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Origin(f): 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2016
Congratulations.

The UK comes in flocks every year begging candidates to come study at their university.

My only concern how well does the UK guarantee good white collar jobs for this same people after graduation.

2 Likes

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Taiyescott(m): 11:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
Wish her well.
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by YOLO1(m): 12:21am On Jul 14, 2016
abhosts:
It appears as if First Class is the new 2.1.
I swear.... everybody just dey carry first class. it's hightime we introduced a more superior grade than first class
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by sKeetz(m): 12:26am On Jul 14, 2016
sarzy:

The reason is because the ones who excel in their universities are our best brains. Believe me, kids like this attended some of the best primary and secondary schools here and also graduated top of their classes at undergraduate level here. There are so many half-baked graduates here, due to our poor universities. The ones who excel there are our best brains.

If the best brains in our universities turn out to be best brains out there, what do you make out of that?? It directly infers that there universities are not better than ours... They might be better in other aspects like infrastructure,organisation etc but I don't think they are better than us in teaching. can their best brains with all things been equal achieve the same feat here??
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by obi58: 1:38am On Jul 14, 2016
fulanimafia:

Actually cousins. You're spot on. Small world.

Yesterday it was Habiba Daggash being celebrated for earning a first class in Engineering from Oxford, and a few weeks ago it was another brilliant northern gentleman that was similarly being celebrated.

While some are already bitter at the rising trend of Nigerians from the North using their brains to paint our country in brilliant colors thereby puncturing the narrative they love to peddle about the North, we will continue to celebrate the fact that we are developing skilled manpower for a brighter future for the region and Nigeria as a whole. The internet will rewire the northern stereotype in no time.

Congrats Tani.

Must you put a tribalistic spin on this story? Why not just celebrate her as a pride to her country first and foremost and hope she chooses to return to contribute her quota to the growth and development of this country and not choose to remain abroad in hope of securing her future over there?

Must we always be politically or religiously divisive in our comments and orientation and yet still insist on one Nigeria

Everyday on nairaland it is north against south, zombies against wailers or Christians against Muslims!!! Which way Nigeria??
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Nobody: 2:19am On Jul 14, 2016
sKeetz:

If the best brains in our universities turn out to be best brains out there, what do you make out of that?? It directly infers that there universities are not better than ours... They might be better in other aspects like infrastructure,organisation etc but I don't think they are better than us in teaching. can their best brains with all things been equal achieve the same feat here??

First, you have to understand that our best brains do not always turn out to be best brains there. Most of the headlines talk about Nigerians have first class in foreign universities, not Nigerians graduating as overall best students in foreign universities. There are tens of thousands of Nigerian students in countries like England and America, and it's only on extremely rare occasions that we hear of them being overall best. Remember that when you hear of one Nigerian student graduating with First class in these two countries, there are already hundreds of foreign students who achieve same feat. Take a look at the SAT for example; in 2013, the best Nigerian student had a total score of 2390, when their many many perfect scores of 2400 in Asia and the US. He's now a first class student, among the MIT scholars, but that doesn't mean he's the best brain there. I'm not trying to downplay our efforts; I'm Nigerian and I know that we have extremely brilliant Nigerians. An example is Victor Olalusi who beat all Russians to achieve 5.0 GPA and come out as overall best medical student ever in the history of Russia. But this is only a rare occasion when you judge by the number of our best brains who are studying abroad. Let's call a spade a spade, their universities are better than ours in all ramifications. When we don't have the infrastructure, how can we teach better? The language we use is theirs, the books we use in teaching were written by them. How many medical textbooks have you seen which are written by Nigerians? If their best brains come here with all things being equal, they would achieve the same feat here too. But why would they want to come? At this stage, their universities are role models to us. We can only pray and work towards arriving at their level some day. But we will never arrive there if we keep deceiving ourselves that we are better.

1 Like

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Nobody: 5:44am On Jul 14, 2016
farouk0403:

Abokina ama fa ka burge ni wallhi.

am really impressed, I thought you are rom the north.

where do you reside?
bauchi. born and brought up here. na zama dan arewa kenan.
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by shinaboy: 6:52am On Jul 14, 2016
I know people will call me enemy of progress but I'm still gonna let my thoughts out.

Well done to girl. But seriously its becoming tiring to hear "distinction this distinction that". Who distinction do epp? Come to Lagos and see distinctions na. You get distinction then what? Go and queue to write aptitude tests? While I do not begrudge the people who worked hard to get this feat, I think we seriously need new paradigms of excellence. Academic Excellence has turned out not to always correlate to success in work life. Academic excellence is simply not enough. Anybody with enough self discipline and diligence can attain this feat.

Instead we need more of people who create and invent things. People who go beyond a paper testimony of their abilities and provide practical solutions to problems that affect people. You remember the Camerounian guy who invented a tool that made it possible for people to diagnose HIV by themselves? That's what I'm talking about. I could care less whether anyone had a distinction or not as long as he is able to put that brain into use that could benefit the society

1 Like

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Emeritusseun(m): 8:59am On Jul 14, 2016
from their comments and posts , u wil alwaz know doz who graduated with pass, third class and 2.2....because dey alwaz show dz strong hatred towards d first class and d 2.1 graduates......well, it is allowed.....such us life...
Congrats gal...it isnt easy!....i hope u wil get a gud lab and get a scholarship for ur PhD studies,...go get it dearie

@sarzy...u av made a very gud point...but atleast we are doing our best to make our country proud!...#UKWENEEDJOBAFTERGRADUATION!

2 Likes

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by farouk0403(m): 9:12am On Jul 14, 2016
crotonite:
bauchi. born and brought up here. na zama dan arewa kenan.

Mutumina Kai Dan Arewa ne kawai ba wani musu.

nice to meet you once again.
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by farouk0403(m): 9:16am On Jul 14, 2016
lailo:
Just imagining d kian Aboki english wey go dey bombshell 4rm her mouth.

And who told you that all northerners have hausa ascent when speaking English, stop generalising pls

1 Like

Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by shinaboy: 11:51am On Jul 14, 2016
Emeritusseun:
from their comments and posts , u wil alwaz know doz who graduated with pass, third class and 2.2....because dey alwaz show dz strong hatred towards d first class and d 2.1 graduates......well, it is allowed.....such us life...
Congrats gal...it isnt easy!....i hope u wil get a gud lab and get a scholarship for ur PhD studies,...go get it dearie

Lmao! I also made a distinction FYI

My post wasnt entirely for this lady
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2016
shinaboy:

Lmao! I also made a distinction FYI
My post wasnt entirely for this lady

Lol, even when him no quote you, u don already know sey na u e dey refer to.
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by shinaboy: 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2016
sarzy:

Lol, even when him no quote you, u don already know sey na u e dey refer to.

Lool, I just dey claim my sub ni o
Re: Maimuna Tani Matankari Graduates From Southampton University With Distinction by lollybae(f): 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
abhosts:
It appears as if First Class is the new 2.1.
hi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unilag Cut Off Mark / Secondary Student Tied To A Pillar By Teacher As Punishment (Photos) / People's Reactions To ASUU Strike In Funny Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.