Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,583 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention (15826 Views)

Ikenga Ugochinyere Resigns As Saraki's Aide, Forms Political Party, Now Chairman / DSS Arrests Ikenga Ugochinyere, Saraki’s Aide Over Plot Against FG / Imo Ugochinyere Micheal In A Private Jet (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by metroparrot: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
ABUJA— THE Federal High Court, Abuja, yesterday, ordered the Department of State Service, DSS and the Minister of Youth and Sports, Solomon Dalung, to pay the sum of N20 million as compensation to the Special Assistant to the Senate President on Youth Matters, Ikenga Ugochinyere, over what it called illegal arrest and detention.

The development came as the youth activist, in a statement, alleged that the DSS had perfected plans to re-arrest him over trumped-up charges that would not be bailable .

He said the plan of the secret service was aimed at remanding him in prison for allegedly refusing to be silent in the political travails of the Senate President.

Ugochinyere, who is also the President of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, NYCN, had dragged the duo before the court for alleged breach of his fundamental human rights , illegal arrest and detention for about a month.

The court, presided over by Justice J. T. Tsoho, also ordered the DSS and the minister to tender unreserved apologies to the youth leader, in two national dailies for what it described as unconstitutional detention of the youth leader.

The ruling was in pursuant of section 34, 35(1) 36, 40 of the 1999 constitution.

The President of the NYCN had in a case, FHC (ABJ) (CS) 342/2016, insisted that his arrest and detention by DSS for about a month was a violation of his fundamental human rights.

But the court, in a ruling, however barred the DSS or similar security agencies from arresting or detaining him.

The Judge declared the arrest and detention of Ikenga as unlawful, unconstitutional, oppressive, malicious and a gross violation of his freedom of movements; and also went further to order the Minister of Youths and Sports, Solomon Dalung and DSS to tender public apology to Ikenga in two national dailies.

Justice Tsoho, in his ruling, also restrained DSS from further arresting Barr. Ikenga or preventing him in the discharge of his duties as President of National Youth Council of Nigeria or any other manner infringing on his fundamental rights.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/court-orders-dss-minister-to-pay.html

7 Likes

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by StarFist(m): 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nawaa! It has been all about arrest.. Everywhere

6 Likes

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by satelliteDISH(m): 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
The court is one-sided. Always favouring the already rich. They should also order the Obas, Obis, Emirs and traditional rulers to pay compensation money to families of jungle justice victims. Suspects deserve a fair trial before citizens of the towns they rule cut short their lives.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by Ciscogod(m): 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
DSS please come and arrest me illegally

26 Likes

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by limeta(f): 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ciscogod:

Me too i beg

13 Likes

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by Ciscogod(m): 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
limeta:

Me too i beg

U sef wan follow chop 20m..

I beg of them to arrest me. Anytime they are ready I can give them information about my location.

6 Likes

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
All arrests and no work makes bubu a dull president.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by Ciscogod(m): 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2016
limeta:

Me too i beg

I beg of them to arrest me. Anytime they are ready I can give them information about my location.

3 Likes

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by igboboy3(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2016
Will the money ever get paid?
What happened in the case of Baba Suwe vs. NDLEA?

1 Like

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by perojelly: 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2016
saraki is made
Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by Sunnycliff(m): 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2016
Lets see if this rule will be obeyed because the DSS and EFCC has been the arsenal of the APC against perceived enemies and opposition team!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by opalu: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2016
To change Nigeria you need to change the courts FIRST not by arresting and jailing errand boys of politicians
Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by limeta(f): 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ciscogod:

Why not
Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by PigMeat: 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
zombiee wount like this.

20 Likes

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by kings09(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
Lobatan. Omo see hammer. DSS am available for illegal arrest too. U can reach me on 09088532265. Infact I no go off am lailai. I ll jst transmit my location. No nid 2 bring transport, I can transport myslf

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by princeakins(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
Abi dey hv pay nii... dem go redo d judgement soon
Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by seunoni34(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
ufufuf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by AntiWailer: 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
Congrats.

The guy don hammer.
Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by YINKS89(m): 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
juz go start business wif dat moni
Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by emeka2847: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
Please indicate your address or phone number. We're waiting grin

Ciscogod:
Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by gbishman: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
very good news, i think the DSS should comport and conduct themselves appropriately

2 Likes

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by holyfather(m): 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
Like seriously
Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by ndujekwu(m): 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
As usual, order would be ignored grin grin grin
Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by chemicalDisease: 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
Sitting here
Waiting for DSS to come and detain me illegally.

SOS!

1 Like

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by Ciscogod(m): 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
emeka2847:
Please indicate your address or phone number. We're waiting grin

Zone 4... sambisa forest off lake Chad border...

No network.. so no need for my digit.

1 Like

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by BE811APP: 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2016
Buhari regime no dey send court orders angry

1 Like

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by experimentist: 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2016
[size=15pt]Wetin concern Sport Minister, Solomon Dalung with Personal Assistant of a Senate President? Abi dem wan host football match ni? If so, abeg bet9ja should post odds oh![/size]undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by 247notire(m): 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
DSS - Daura Secret Service

I weep for this contraption called Nigeria embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by Rapmoney(m): 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
I dey shame for dis country! angry If I talk now say dis DSS (Daura Secret Service) no get single sense, okpetu people no go let me rest!
Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
@Ciscogod, @limeta Those of you looking for arrest abeg let me be your lawyer ooooo.
While ur chopping slap and getting waterboarded in detention, i wee be carrying briefcase to yarn grammar in court.
You know how we roll, we wee share it 60:40 and I wee make sure that the trial is speedily completed in 3yrs. Ehn oooo

3 Likes

Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by SosaHD(m): 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
Re: Ugochinyere Ikenga: Court Orders DSS, Dalung To Pay N20m For Illegal Detention by qualityovenbake(m): 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2016
Season of unlawful detention

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries / Reps Move To Criminalise Secret Recruitment By Government Agencies / SSCE No Longer Feasible For Election Into Public Office - Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.