Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. (192827 Views)

What's The craziest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You Out Of Love? / At The Valley Of Decisions / Love Letter (clash Of Love)season 1, Episode 5,6,7,8,9,10 Story By Samuel Odamah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
Interesting... Still You Flow (in Floxy's Voice) Still I follow
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
I'd never being this satisfied in my entire life. Tobe and I were officially together, school was becoming more fun as almost all the girls envied me, wanted to be me. Hell. I was dating the son of the vice chancellor, the cute guy every girl wanted to be with. Hmmm.

Things wouldn't get better. He's found us a better apartment which happened to be a two bedroom flat, each room with it's own bathroom, a big sitting room, an awesome kitchen and a cool sitout. Franca had whined and complained about how we were going to be spending more going to school and coming home but I cared less. Who sigh? My boyfriend won't make sure I lack money. I was living in paradise just three weeks after he had asked me out, jocularly.

Some days after we'd settled down in our new apartment, we were in the kitchen, making spaghetti when the big discussion came.

Franca: So what plans do you have already?

I looked up from where I was slicing Irish potatoes.

Me: Plans about what?

Franca: Tobe and yourself.

I smiled. I've learnt to smile each time Tobe's name was called. That was how much I had fallen in love with him.

Franca: Quit being dramatic joor.

Me: Maybe you should rephrase.

Franca: See this girl, you think I'm joking with you?

Me: I know you're serious. But I'm yet to figure out the plans you're talking about.

She dropped the knife she had and came closer to where I was standing.

Franca: We've being friends for years. You better not start hiding stuffs from me now o. Not because of Tobechukwu o.

Me: Ahn Ahn. Stop nau. Okay. We're very serious and I love him a lot. He's everything I've dreamt of and wanted in a man.

Franca: Ewww.

I frowned at her and she smacked me playfully.

Franca: Kidding. Sex yet?

Me: A little romance here and there. Maybe he's not ready for sex.

Franca: Or maybe it's you who's not.

I shrugged my shoulders.

Franca: Either ways, just be careful. You can't trust men this days.

Me: I hear. But you trust Charles.

Franca: Mine is different.

Me: Same here. Mine is different.

Franca: Fine. Let's get back to the food. I'm starving.

She went back to chopping the tomatoes. I was sure I had seen something in her eyes but I couldn't place it. I just couldn't.

I shrugged it off and continued with what I was doing.

The dinning was quiet as we ate. I had gotten used to saying something while I ate. Franca was busy on her phone, any discussion I brought up, she'd give it a straight answer immediately and go back to whatever she was doing with her phone.

I picked up my phone and called Tobe. At least, I'll try to engage him in a discussion while I ate.

Tobe: Queency

Me: My love. How're you?

Tobe; I'm alright. Just missing you a lot.

Me: I miss you too dear. I'm eating and felt I should engage you in....

Tobe: Nope. You felt I should engage you right.

I laughed. Which ever way, he was right.

Tobe: How's FranC (he now called her name like it was Francee)

Me: She's fine. Do I hand her the phone?

i peeked at Franca and she waved her hand in a "no"

Tobe: But you just said you were eating? I'll talk to her later in the evening okay?

Me: Okay my dear. Tomorrow is Friday, mind if I come?

Tobe: Sure. I'll get the house ready for my princess.

Me: Please do.

Tobe: I love you Pamela, more than life itself.

Me: I love you Tobechukwu, my Prince in shinning armour.

We both giggled and hung up. I turned to Franca. Was it tears I saw at the edges of her eyes?
She caught me staring at her.

Franca: I'll be inside my room

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Vidamia(m): 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
is it true live story because i see that you mention your name in it
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
I'm following....
Colif have you seen this?
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
Oh I see,Franca is the jealous best friend who'll try to sabotage the relationship.
I hope I'm wrong but either way...*shrugs*

Thumbs up PamelB.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Shakyroh320(f): 7:45pm On Aug 31, 2016
Tankx dear,av seen dat Alone was just a tip of an iceberg.ride on
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Jumizie13(f): 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2016
I never liked that name in the first place FRANCA

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Nice work PAmelB

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2016
I'm not one to hide my true feelings about something, the same way I'm not one to argue unnecessarily with someone. If you want me in, bring me in but if you want me out, just tell me straight up. I know it'll hurt but I love being with the truth. That was (is) Pamela for you.

I had tried to question Franca about her sudden mood but she ignored me, she had walked out and boom, she banged the door to her room and I knew I wasn't wanted in any way. I didn't know why she was suddenly behaving this way. Ever since I've known her which is all my life, she'd never acted this way. I couldn't finish the rest of my meal. I sat down, going through different thoughts as to why my best friend was acting this way. Wasn't she comfortable with the house? I will tell Tobe and we'll find somewhere else. No. I don't think it's the house. Was it the call I placed to Tobe? Then it struck me, she must be having issues with Charles and seeing me so excited about Tobe must have triggered something.

I smiled. That was it. It's not the first time they would be having problems actually and just like old times, they'll pull it off soon. But since this one is affecting her seriously because of Tobe and I, I'll give her some space and I believe that they will make up by the time I'm back on Sunday evening.

I didn't see or hear from her till the next morning. I had made cornflakes for the both of us. I knocked on her door but got no response.

Me: Franca it's me, open up. Breakfast is here.

Franca: I'm not hungry.

Her voice was calm and sounded not so Franca-like.

Me: I'm sure you've shat that spag out. Open up, I made cornflakes.

Franca: Pamela just go. Go enjoy your weekend. It's still morning so don't let me ruin it for you.

Me: I don't know what you're saying. I'm not leaving until you open up.

Franca: Why?

Me: Cause you're my best friend. You're like my sister.

Franca: Alright. But I'm not coming out. I....

Me: Look, whatever issues you have with Charles can be sorted out later. You don't have to treat yourself this way. Come out now.

Franca: Don't you have Tobe's place to go to?

Me: He's coming to pick me. We spoke this morning so since I've never being there, he decided to come and......

The door opened.

Franca: He's coming?

I was startled. She finally opened the door? Oh! She must believe that Tobe will help sort out issues between she and her boyfriend. I smiled.

Me: Yes. He's coming.

Her face lit up immediately. The first smile since yesterday.

Me: Tobe needs to hear this. His name now helps people snap out from their moods.

She took a bowl of cornflakes from me which was already drained due to the time it had spent in the thick mixture.

We ate away happily, cracking jokes and yabbing each other. She was my best friend after all and I loved her back to back.

Good night y'all.
It's your girl PamelB.
PEACE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
Thanks for d update dear... G'nyt
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
kudos!
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Vickiey192(f): 11:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
Thumb up
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 01, 2016
Jezzz, I smell secret affair with Tobe and Charles
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 8:14am On Sep 01, 2016
It's the first day of September, many longed to see this day, many wished to be here but they didn't make it. You and I are living testimonies of the Lord's goodness. We shall experience love, joy, prosperity and life in abundance. Amen

I rep 12.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 8:55am On Sep 01, 2016
As I showered, I could hear Franca's laughter. It filled me with so much joy that my boyfriend is a lovable person who can make things happen, positively of course.

I had earlier packed my weekend bag (lols) so I just dressed up, applied a little make up and stepped into the sitting room.

Tobe: Here comes the beauty queen. My love.

I smiled and went beside him and sat my heavy behind down.

Tobe: You're beautiful.

I chuckled and he tucked my hair behind my ear.

Tobe: You set?

Me: Yes.

He stood up and helped me stand.

Me: Girlfriend, I'll see you on Sunday.

Franca didn't look up. She just nodded and we left.

As we drove out of independent layout, I couldn't help but wonder what was really happening between Charles and Franca.

Me: Did she tell you?

Tobe: What? Who?

Me: Franca. I mean, did she tell you about Charles?

Tobe: No. Is anything the matter? Cause she looked so happy.

Me: I think they're having issues.

Tobe: If she didn't tell you, do you think she'll tell me?

I shrugged and we continued in silence. Old GRA told me it's name the very moment we drove into the estate. It was quiet and peaceful, like nature was giving you peace.
We drove into a compound, the gate was short, not something I'll call a gate shaa. The gateman locked it behind us and approached the car.

GM: Good afternoon sir.

Tobe: Afternoon Felix. Is my neighbour back?

GM: No sir.

Tobe: Okay. If I need anything, I'll call you. And this is my girlfriend, her name is Pamela.

GM: Welcome aunt.

I smiled at him and he walked away. He looked like he was between the age of 23-25.

Tobe: So babe, this is my house. I live downstairs though, my neighbour stays upstairs.

I looked around, the compound was big, very big. There were flowers and small trees in the compound, his sienna and one other car was parked at the end of the compound, the house itself looked beautiful and I couldn't help but imagine what the interior would look like.

Me: Tobe you're just a student o.

Tobe: Student with class.

He carried my bag and led me inside. It was as breathtaking as I had imagined outside. The paintings, the furnishings, the gadgets, everything was as beautiful as the owner.

Me: Wow

Tobe: Now don't do that. You're making me blush

We shared a laugh before he started taking me round the house. It was a three bedroom apartment, each room with it's bathroom, the sitting room and a dinning, then a big kitchen.

He showed me his room where he dropped my bag. It was the master bedroom, with a jacuzzi that got me longing for a shower immediately.

Tobe: Change your clothes while I get you something to eat.

He pecked me and left the room. I quickly brought out my phone and called Franca but she didn't pick. I took selfies in the room before changing into a baggy polo and one of my favourite thongs.

He had made the table where he served jollof rice with lots of fried plantain and fried fish. We ate together, laughing and remembering our first day together.

I was in love with this guy and I'm willing to do anything to prove that even if it includes stepping on toes, I'll step on toes

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by abefe99: 9:07am On Sep 01, 2016
u are blessed keep it coming
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 9:33am On Sep 01, 2016
ROyh baba..... HAppy Birthday.. LLnp, ggmub, jah bless ur new age.. Happ +1
TEAM HERO JOLLIFICATE WITh you: BaBa ROYH!!!
ROYH!!!!! ROYH!!! ROYH!!!! ROYH!! ROYH!
Till sound fades!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Osjaay(f): 9:37am On Sep 01, 2016
ahhhhhhhhhh is franca also falling in love♡♡♡♥♥♥♥ with this guy? or na jealousy shebi charles dey do u better naw ehhhhh y the attitude~~becoming soo lively ontop ur best paddy boifwen.is the tobe real sef.i dey look.fingers crossed.PAM ama sooooo sure the weekend u spending with him will b a hot romp thruout.time to pay for all his investment on u.den after digging ur honeypot, the relay race start.wetin flord wan tell franca sef
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 9:38am On Sep 01, 2016
That night, after we took tons of selfies together in his room, I curled beside my boyfriend and slept.

When I woke up in the middle of the night to drink water, we were still in that position. I released myself from his grip and slowly got down from his king sized bed. I went straight to the fridge in the room and got a sachet of water to drink. His phone started ringing but he didn't even move. I picked the phone and looked at the caller. Who would be calling someone at 3am? The number was saved as "fantasy". I switched the phone off and went back to bed. I couldn't sleep again. That was my life. Once I wake up to drink water, it won't be easy to go back to sleep. I picked my phone and went to my WhatsApp. I had just two messages from Flord and the rest was from the pub admin groups.

Flord was asking of my location, saying he wanted to see me. I've known Flord ever since Franca and Charles started dating. He always visited even in Franca's absence. I'd caught him on several occasion ogling me but I never gave it any strong meaning. Boys love to stare and he is one of " demboyz "

I told him I went to my boyfriend's house and he should drop any message with Franca. I got busy with my phone and didn't know when I slept off, only to wake up to the strong smell of toast. I looked beside me and Tobe wasn't there so I smiled. I'm dating a chef so what do I expect? I got to the bathroom and brushed before going to meet him.

Me: Good morning Chef

Tobe: Wife of a chef.

We laughed and he came and hugged me.

Tobe: How was your night?

Me: I slept like a baby.

Tobe: It's obvious. Give me ten minutes and I'll serve breakfast.

Me: Okay. I'll be in the dinning then.

I made to walk out but remembered last night.

Me: Ehe. Before I forget, Fantasy called.

He turned immediately and looked at me.

Tobe: Fantasy?

6 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 9:42am On Sep 01, 2016
Ghen!!!!! Ghen!!!! E don happen!!!
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 01, 2016
Happy new month Pamela,,,,,.........
keep up the good work
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 01, 2016
Osjaay:
ahhhhhhhhhh is franca also falling in love♡♡♡♥♥♥♥ with this guy? or na jealousy shebi charles dey do u better naw ehhhhh y the attitude~~becoming soo lively ontop ur best paddy boifwen.is the tobe real sef.i dey look.fingers crossed.PAM ama sooooo sure the weekend u spending with him will b a hot romp thruout.time to pay for all his investment on u.den after digging ur honeypot, the relay race start.wetin flord wan tell franca sef
smiley
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 01, 2016
Osjaay:

Lol...
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by shurley22(f): 11:42am On Sep 01, 2016
Hello PamelB, I've gotta say your work is enthralling nd has got me glued. Keep it going plssss

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by ROYH(m): 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
Tgold1:
ROyh baba..... HAppy Birthday.. LLnp, ggmub, jah bless ur new age.. Happ +1

TEAM HERO JOLLIFICATE WITh you: BaBa ROYH!!!

ROYH!!!!! ROYH!!! ROYH!!!! ROYH!! ROYH!

Till sound fades!!!!!
lolz, Thanks My father Father, Jollification is well received kiss

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
Happy birthday ROHY. Wishing you long life and good health
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by OkoAnike(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
PamelB:

See my speed like that of Bolt, I was hoping it's an update
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by OkoAnike(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
PamelB:

See my speed like that of U. Bolt, I was hoping it's an update
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by lieNEWS: 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
PamelB:
fantastic story. Neat words. Easy to under stand too

But Babe the suspense of this story seems to be much than that of ALONE. Though I was a ghost reader on that story .no let our heart jump out coz of suspense oo

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 12:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
Me: Yes. Fantasy.

Tobe: Uhm. Where's my phone?

Me: It's in the drawer.

He stormed out of the kitchen and I couldn't help but wonder who this fantasy is.

Breakfast was cool but the tension between us was annoying. I didn't want to know who the caller is but why will she spoil my weekend?

Me: Look, if we're going to keep quiet now, I'll just pick my bag and leave. I'm not comfortable with this annoying silence

He looked up and smiled at me.

Tobe: Fantasy is my fiancée.

I choked on my toast. It went down the wrong pipe and I had to take refuge in the water on the table.

Tobe: She lives abroad, that's why she called late. That's the time we normally spoke to each other.

Tears filled my throat. What is wrong with me? What is wrong with my life? Am I cursed?

With blurred vision, I stood up and found my way to the room. I refused to cry out, I refused to open the spring which was begging to be released.

He came into the room and held me, he helped me sit down on the bed.

Tobe: But I love you. I love you so much that it hurts. I love you so much that I'm willing to do anything to be with you.

Me: Why? Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me before now? At least, I wouldn't have fallen for you this much. Why will you even do that to me?

He held me again, this time, I released myself from his grip and started packing my things.

Tobe: Baby, what are you doing?

Me: I'm going home.

Tobe: You can't do that. Pamela I love you. I love you very much.

Me: I'm sorry Tobe. You can't have a fiancée and still keep me by the side. I need a relationship where I know my stand, where I'm sure of the future.

Tobe: You're with me, I'm also with you. Fantasy is still in my life because I need her to smoothen things out for me. If I'm not with her, dad will stop all the privileges I get. It's a family thing and trust me, I've got plans for that.

Me: Tobe, I'm not falling for that okay. Just let me go.

I was through with my bag now. I went into the bathroom and began to UnCloth. I got into the shower and cuddled in it, letting the water run through my body to calm my nerves and get me back to thinking straight.
The water did help a lot. I spent close to thirty minutes in it before soaping up. Once I leave this house, I'll stop all communications with Tobe. He can go to his fiancée for all I care.

I stepped out of the shower only to see him sitting on the bed with his phone. He dropped it and came to me.

Tobe: You don't know how much I love you Pamela, don't leave me like this.

Me: My mind is already made up. I'm leaving.

Tobe: Baby we're just starting. Do you want to leave me in ruins? heartbroken and alone?

Me: Please stop. What if she'd not called when I was awake, will you have told me? You would have kept it a secret right?

Tobe: Baby I planned to tell you before you leave. Trust me baby. I just need to remain with her till I graduate.

Me: Tobechukwu, it's no use. I stand no chance in your life. I'm glad I found out early. Your family will never accept me. Do you know that?

He held me tight and rubbed my hair.

Tobe: It's you and I baby. Just don't leave me like this.

He began to kiss my forehead, my ear, my neck, every part of my face, I wiggled out of his embrace and went to the wardrobe, I was leaving and I'm not coming back

5 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
why did you wiggle out : undecided undecided undecided

i was seriously hoping for some decision changing action

p.s. i never saw this coing
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 1:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
optimusmind:
why did you wiggle out : undecided undecided undecided

i was seriously hoping for some decision changing action

p.s. i never saw this coing
wiggle wiggle wiggle

4 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by OkoAnike(m): 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
Following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

King Maha Vajiralongkorn And His 20 Girlfriends In Hotel During Lockdown / Does My Ex Boyfriend Miss Me After The Breakup / Me And My Boss Wife (sex Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.