Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently (22086 Views)

Romance Section: Just What Nairaland Needs / Seun Nairaland Needs Spiritual Cleansing / Improving The Sports Section: Nairaland Needs Your Input (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by whiteroses(f): 12:21am On Sep 12, 2009
all newbies under 1000 disqualified first grin
i jk
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by CrazyMan(m): 12:56am On Sep 12, 2009
@Crazyman, are you the same as crazykid?

Yes o my brother, its me crazykid smiley
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by mystikal(m): 2:37am On Sep 12, 2009
Posters on particular threads should have an idea who their moderators should be, and nominate accordingly.
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by Epi: 2:44am On Sep 12, 2009
an interesting analogy.  In fact, I myself played around with that word (loyal) for awhile.  when I see loyal, my mind immediately flash on few examples (a) husband and wife or girlfriend and boyfriend because I see loyal as being submissive,  (b)[/b]But on the other hand, he may  have used loyal - meaning not to betray another's trust in you (don't betray the admin) ([b]c)[/b]Then again, a loyal friend "stick" up for you through thick or thin.

The thing is, I can be loyal (faith and trust) to you but I am [b]NOT
going to stand up for you if you are wrong/doing wrong.  And what if I disagree with you. . .am I not loyal? undecided

@topic

I like manmustwac response.  short and sweet  grin grin grin
lastpage:

@Seun
A short QUIZ:

There was a man who was "given a job to do" by his benefactor.
The Benefactor "laid down the rules and told his employee what to do"
Being a "good man" the employee did his master's bidding.
But his master was "powerful man", and he used his employee to achieve selfish and not so noble purposes!
This employee tried to use his wisdom, to do "a few things" that were right!
People were annoyed and criticized this employee.
They were blaming him for what he was doing (not minding he was "just obeying orders and being loyal" )
This employee was to be convicted for being loyal and obedient but his master was "a free man!

Would anyone have preferred that this employee did not listen to his "Master"?
Would this employee have been a better person, with a better legacy had he been disloyal to his benefactor?

Do we actually consider "unqualified loyalty" as a virtue and asset?
Should we actually be "demanding loyalty and obedience to us" from those who are responsible to us?

Can anybody tell me THE NAME OF THIS EMPLOYEE?
(clue: he was a Nigerian public servant)

Please let me have your guess, thanks in advance.

Now, l came-up with this analogy, in reference to what SEUN listed as one of the requirements to qualify as a MODERATOR. (as highlighted above)

"Loyalty and obedience" is considered a good virtue but we all know that "the heart of man is wicked"! (So says the good book!)

In the above analogy, "the employee" now has to live with the result, negative consequence of his "loyalty and obedience" to his Master.
Some have said 'but he should have not obeyed those vile instructions of his master",,, and be considered disloyal?

For me, l think l am grown-up enough, mature enough and intelligent enough to distinguish between right and wrong, fairness and l have a conscience.

While l like Seun and would like to support "his project", l am too "independently minded" to remain loyal to anyone!
He can bet on my integrity and fairness but there will be times that "SEUN" will, like all humans, including myself, "miss it" and at those times, you dont need a "loyal and obedient" companion, you need someone who is bold enough, to tell you the truth, to "say it as it is".

To do otherwise is to wallow in mediocrity.

Let me ask SEUN, "what are your expectations of a moderator" that you require his/her loyalty and obedience to you?
What if a "politically charged but true post was made" or one against your interest"? would you require a "loyal and obedient moderator" to bring it down?

I cant remember who said it but it was said that " to demand loyalty and obedience from one human to another, is the beginning of dictatorship" (now, this is generally speaking!)
Now, imagine if even my parents demand absolute loyalty and obedience from me, even as a grown up (as opposed to a child)?
Is it that they are never wrong or is it that l dont have a mind of my own or is it that they dont trust my judgment or mental state or is it that they will prefer not to be told the truth when they are in the wrong?

I may be wrong but l think one of the things that would really make a "great site" is its independence and the independence of the posts their-in.
The feeling that "your voice will  be heard unedited, the way you want to say it".

I write on a few forums where my write-ups are not edited
I know the most "important rule" on Nairaland is not to annoy the Admin!(Seun) and l hope l have not, with my reminiscence?

I guess by now, it will be obvious that l can not qualify to be a Moderator grin

All the same, l wish Seun and all the MODS well.
,,,,, and please, easy with the hammer o! shocked

Lastpage

"
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by PurestBoy(m): 2:45am On Sep 12, 2009
murderators indeed
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by Pweety4me(f): 3:07am On Sep 12, 2009
^^^Living in d "ghetto" judging by his pic, tongue
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by sley4life(m): 3:43am On Sep 12, 2009
hope the best ar selected. But to be a mod is not to be banning & unbanning.
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by chukudibab(m): 5:32am On Sep 12, 2009
i wish i will be a moderator in Romance thread i will use this opportunity to banned some pple who are culprist, not to be veiwin this site at all grin
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by dblock(m): 6:04am On Sep 12, 2009
I Nominate myself.

I have been in this forum since 2005 and I have seen it grow

I can be quite effective
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by topup: 6:31am On Sep 12, 2009
*sighs* Romance section is long gone. . Well iice does a good job already anyway. smiley
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by danexd(m): 7:18am On Sep 12, 2009
who will guard the guards!! abi who will moderate the Admin grin
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by gestapo(f): 8:18am On Sep 12, 2009
[size=15pt]
showbobo:

I am interested in the AUTO SECTION. . .  smiley
[/size]

[size=20pt]RIGHT STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION[/size]
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by dayokanu(m): 8:28am On Sep 12, 2009
If you want to choose mods I think no one under 500 or 1000 posts should be chosen

Then this condition of the mod licking your balls get as e be.

Make me a mod in Sport section for a few minutes e get people wey I wan ban

Mukina2, Dobosky, Ibime, Sharom, Crackles, Tkb, Edoyad, HNIC, FBS, Chimpand shrimp, Krayola, biina

Infact na only me wan dey the thread
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by smile4kenn(m): 8:39am On Sep 12, 2009
Seun, Make me a moderator. I have always requested to be moderator from the onset.

Thanks
Kenny
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by QuardCore(m): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2009
@ Seun
These are my qualities/CV:
(1) I'm a Coach and also has a BSc; (Ed) in Physical Education
(2) I'm an I.T Professional with a flair for programming cum web Dev and networking
(3) I'm a born again Christian and understands the The Word "skillfully"

so I would like to be a mod in:
(1) Sports
(2) Technology (espeially Webmasters and phone section)
(3) Religion. Seriously, this is a section that needs matured mods and those who understands The Word skillfully
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by aabangs(m): 9:31am On Sep 12, 2009
hi seun . am a business professional, dont wanna list my qualifications as bate/criteria.
what i got is brains,intelligence and skillful hands to push nairaland to the next level.
can moderate any business or news related related topic.by the way u dont have a thread on breaking news.let me pioneer that.dont waste this opportunity.

aabangs
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by C2H5OH(f): 9:38am On Sep 12, 2009
Oluwaseun is that another way of saying you want people who are always ready to kiss your ass to be in charge of moderating your forum?
Yeye guy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by ichommy(m): 9:41am On Sep 12, 2009
i will like to be a moderator grin
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 12, 2009
ichommy:

i will like to be a moderator grin

Submit your credentials then
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by sweetpain: 10:50am On Sep 12, 2009
@Seun
All this na nonsense. NL has grown inspite of your moderators. The fewer moderators you inflict on posters, the better.

@Redman44,
What intelligence benchmark on NL are you talking abt? Are you talking about american-nigerians, british-nigerians, nigerian-nigerians or american-nigerians living in Nigeria? How can you tell one from the other.

Our background is as varied as a Chinese is different from a chilean. NL is what it is-a beer parlour.No attempt should be made to read anything more serious.
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by kunledarmani(m): 10:56am On Sep 12, 2009
Seun, well for the benefit of doubt, Lets see what some dudes here can do, Give them a try. I would have said i shud help but im kinda busy with many research work going on, Im still in support of you, Back in the days from EGBA, Chiefoski Badoski xtends greetinds as well,

Adekunle.
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by allboyz(m): 11:02am On Sep 12, 2009
dayokanu:

If you want to choose mods I think no one under 500 or 1000 posts should be chosen

Then this condition of the mod licking your balls get as e be.

Make me a mod in Sport section for a few minutes e get people wey I wan ban

Mukina2, Dobosky, Ibime, Sharom, Crackles, Tkb, Edoyad, HNIC, FBS, Chimpand shrimp, Krayola, biina

DK - U on reach here too shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin. . . .

I wld love DK to be a MOD on the sport section. . .

@ Seun - im interested too oooo ( SPORT SECTION) lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by webgenius(m): 11:43am On Sep 12, 2009
Hi I will like to subscribe as a moderator in the Technology section,esp computer/phone . I have internet access 24/7 and am online for about 18 hours a day. I am passionate about the internet esp broadband connections.
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by Tonyet1(m): 11:44am On Sep 12, 2009
i think i'll make a good asst. on the following sections

1. Religion : liberal in opinion, conservative in my own belief, born again)

2. Career : building a career in ICT (software engr., network engring, Autocad, Archicad. . .artist by talent)

3. Education: helped over 23 persons gain admission to university here

4. properties : civil engineer/structural engr. by profession, member NSE, ICE, ASCE
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by amebono1: 11:52am On Sep 12, 2009
naaa i can only be a mod in the romance section, romance trouble fits me tongue

but be rest assured i will pursue all them users grin grin grin

Tonye-t:

2. Career : building a career in ICT (software engr., network engring, Autocad, Archicad. . .artist by talent)

3. Education: helped over 23 persons gain admission to university here

4. properties : civil engineer/structural engr. by profession, member NSE, ICE, ASCE

oga ooooo, why not email this resume to seun? grin grin
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by coded777: 11:57am On Sep 12, 2009
Most Nairalanders, Mr Seun inclusive "No Offence Intended" are sometimes full of em'selves but who knows there could be reasons for their actions unknown to the other party. (my candid opinion).
There's no Business Firm o' Organization in the world of today that would exceed or surpass a guessable/thinkable limit in growth when such unwholly and inhumanly people exists and are present in that establishment, no matter the level of its financial capabilities at stake or alma mater of individual staff.
I take the "Senator Slapped Security-Man" for a perfect instance, i mean the keyword is boldly written 'HUMILITY', that dude lacked it at that point in time when he would have humbly disclosed his identity to the lesser status quo security-man but unfortunately he (The Senator) was 'full' of himself. And usually atimes we tend to regret the course of our own actions maybe in secret afterwards as the case maybe.

This is one criteria required of Seun to intending applicants; "Loyalty and Obedience" amongst others in other words he needs Humble peeps. But!! I think he's only trying to use this as a bait or otherwise, for throwing the positions open, correct my person if i'm wrong but thats my take.

However, spotting the posts of member 'LastPage and Redmans' i find of nice gesture and individual analystic disposition coupled with good reasoning. Let Mr Seun check himself and actions for real if he so desire the best from others.
I also hope you get the best hands to work with and move NAiraland to greater heights.

Coded still.
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by Infoseye(m): 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2009
@Seun
Hi, I would be glad if you can kindly grant my request to be a moderator of Technology section. Am willing to add more value, support and ensure forum rules and regulations are been followed.
Hope to you hear from u soon, am Seye aka Infoseye.
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2009
i nominate myself for career or travel or culture section,

as well as being an academic cum businessman,am well travelled,and also in the business of making people realise their fullest potential.

nuff said
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by sexyLeamon(f): 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2009
Tonye-t:

[color=#990000]3. Education: helped over 23 persons gain admission to university here

4. properties : civil engineer/structural engr. by profession, member NSE, ICE, ASCE[/color]

make this guys moderator for Edu's section pls grin
Re: Nairaland Needs Moderators Urgently by Krayola2(m): 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2009
dayokanu:

grin grin grin

Thats the zjerman in u coming out. . .Fascist. U must be related to hitler u bloody Nazi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? / All Elections In Nigeria Were Rigged Since 1960 - Jonathan / Mad Man Takes Over Council Office In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.