Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,329 members, 7,808,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application (5754 Views)

Which Fingerprint Scanner Support PHP / Why Are Most Nigerian Programmers Interested In Web Development? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application by pagolina: 11:55am On Jul 14, 2016
Am working on a web application that require fingerprint capturing as part of registration, the application is develop with phpmysql. my challenge is integrating fingerprint capturer in my registration process, just as is done in jamb or other better applications. i have digitalpersonna u.are.u 4500

Pls any idea as to how i should go about it?
I have integrated fingerprint scanner in desktop applications using java and is working fine, but getting this done in web application is my problem.

I appreciate any support in advance.
Re: Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application by AntiWailer: 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2016
pagolina:
Am working on a web application that require fingerprint capturing as part of registration, the application is develop with phpmysql. my challenge is integrating fingerprint capturer in my registration process, just as is done in jamb or other better applications. i have digitalpersonna u.are.u 4500
I have integrated fingerprint scanner in desktop applications using java and is working fine, but getting this done in web application is my problem.

You can use FlexCodeSdk but it is not free.

Alternatively, do an extensive research on how you can use JQuery Library with the original SDK that came with the device.
Re: Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application by LordRahl001: 2:31am On Jul 17, 2016
pagolina:

I u have tried it with Java, y not design an applet, that reads the fingerprint details and send it once a successful capture is done. But u shud make ur registration in stages so that u have a primary key already!! My 2 cents
Re: Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application by Olyboy16(m): 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
AntiWailer:

You can use FlexCodeSdk but it is not free.

Alternatively, do an extensive research on how you can use JQuery Library with the original SDK that came with the device.

i have this issue too, and i am definitely not gonna drop $35 for license without a fight. so i need all alternatives. i am very good with jquery u mentioned so, have u by any chance worked on this with javascript b4?i will extremely appreciate info on this. and i'm sure the Op will thank you too.
Re: Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application by Olyboy16(m): 11:22pm On Jul 17, 2016
LordRahl001:

I u have tried it with Java, y not design an applet, that reads the fingerprint details and send it once a successful capture is done. But u shud make ur registration in stages so that u have a primary key already!! My 2 cents
your lordship sir, if you have done this in java, pls just give any info on how to work this out. even if its just a technical summary.
Re: Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application by LordRahl001: 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
Olyboy16:

your lordship sir, if you have done this in java, pls just give any info on how to work this out. even if its just a technical summary.
Sadly, I haven't been a believer in Java applets. But that's exactly how jamb is implementing theirs. Pls do find out abt Java applet or try c# activeX plugins.
Sorry I couldn't help out more!
Re: Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application by LordRahl001: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
Olyboy16:

please try out this link https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/web/applets.html
Re: Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application by Olyboy16(m): 6:39pm On Jul 18, 2016
LordRahl001:
please try out this link https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/web/applets.html
thank you for the link, but i dint ask for applet tutorial. I'm very proficient with java tech. i asked for how to interface with the u. are. u sdk of the fingerprint scanner. thanks anyway
Re: Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application by fretfingers: 7:32am On Jul 19, 2016
Olyboy16:

thank you for the link, but i dint ask for applet tutorial. I'm very proficient with java tech. i asked for how to interface with the u. are. u sdk of the fingerprint scanner. thanks anyway

If you need to interface, then check the device manual for its API.

Btw::: are you planning on coding the fingerprint algorithm from scratch(what language?). Else, I suggest you use a fingerprint SDK that supports the scanner u plan to use.

Modified:: If you need a free trial fingerprint SDK to implement for somtime, I suggest you try 'Griaule'--- they've got great SDK for all types of biometric with support for lotsa scanners. Moreover, I don't think u can get a free SDK if ur app is to function long term.
Re: Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application by Olyboy16(m): 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2016
fretfingers:

If you need to interface, then check the device manual for its API.

Btw::: are you planning on coding the fingerprint algorithm from scratch(what language?). Else, I suggest you use a fingerprint SDK that supports the scanner u plan to use.

Modified:: If you need a free trial fingerprint SDK to implement for somtime, I suggest you try 'Griaule'--- they've got great SDK for all types of biometric with support for lotsa scanners. Moreover, I don't think u can get a free SDK if ur app is to function long term.
thanks a lot sire, i know i av to use a sdk and i know sdk isnt usually free, but lordrahl made mention of alternatives to a paid sdk option using java dats where all this drama started. thanks for the info jawe
Re: Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application by fretfingers: 1:36am On Jul 20, 2016
Olyboy16:

thanks a lot sire, i know i av to use a sdk and i know sdk isnt usually free, but lordrahl made mention of alternatives to a paid sdk option using java dats where all this drama started. thanks for the info jawe

Yw bro.

Oh okay if he did, perhaps he should make some clarifications on d alt's.

However from what I understand from his post, he suggested u code the algorithm from scratch.

"y not design an applet, that reads the fingerprint details and send it once a successful capture is done" - lordrahl

If u can successfully code an algorithm to extract Minutiae from a fingerprint image during scanning and you need not to deploy ur project anytime soon (cuz coding d algorithm will take a lot of time) then...
Re: Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application by Olyboy16(m): 7:10am On Jul 20, 2016
fretfingers:

Yw bro.

Oh okay if he did, perhaps he should make some clarifications on d alt's.

However from what I understand from his post, he suggested u code the algorithm from scratch.

"y not design an applet, that reads the fingerprint details and send it once a successful capture is done" - lordrahl

If u can successfully code an algorithm to extract Minutiae from a fingerprint image during scanning and you need not to deploy ur project anytime soon (cuz coding d algorithm will take a lot of time) then...

lol. thanks for the clarification bro. thats not even an option worth considering.

1 Like

Re: Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application by LordRahl001: 8:02am On Jul 20, 2016
Olyboy16:

oh my bad!! Am sorry but I thought the original poster talked abt having a u are u digitalpersonna, it usually comes with an sdk, seems my assumption is wrong!! But I doubt if there is much someone can do without d sdk!!

(1) (Reply)

Check In: Submit Your C++ Questions Lets Solve / How Long Did It Take U'all To Learn Programming? 10 Years? / Php Challenge: External Authentication Of Phpbb3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.