Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,061 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland (25976 Views)

Man Escapes Deportation From Sweden The Second Time By Crying Inconsolably / Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" / UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by Explorers(m): 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2016
What a pity, Eni lori o ni fila. You won't know the value of what you have until you lose it. By the time you spend 12 months here.......
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by maternal: 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
This just ain't fair. So they are saying Bad Behaviour = Nigeria?
All the Swedish the guy is speaking no pass their JAMB to qualify for citizenship?

i'm sorry for Nigerian overseas. Dem gat to waka like chicken ontop broken glass for night. Cross all the T's and dot all the I's. When Oyibo no free hail them, they will come to Nairaland to hail themselves with statements like: "In France where I live, Or Over here in the states..." Na recognition una dey find.

But when Oyibos come here, they create massive oil spills, beat up domestic workers and have multiple servants struggling to drive their cars and wash their clothes... Of course there is nothing any white man has done in Nigeria that warrants deportation. They are always welcome. abi?

I feel sorry for Nigerians in nigeria, where a whole federal government can't provide the safety of little girls going to school. Have all the girls been returned ? Lol. This man did not have citizenship and was a lawless criminal. Therefore according to their LAWS he shall be deported. Unlike Nigeria Swiss does not tolerate lawlessness. If the Nigerian government had a backbone and followed the laws, those oyibo who break the laws would have been deported. But what else can you expect from a banana Republic ?

2 Likes

Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by Deepfreezer(m): 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2016
Shebi na thug u be.? No worries when u get to naija u will know say thug dey pass thug.
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by UuzbaGuuzba: 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
maternal:

I feel sorry for Nigerians in nigeria, where a whole federal government can't provide the safety of little girls going to school. Have all the girls been returned ? Lol. This man did not have citizenship and was a lawless criminal. Therefore according to their LAWS he shall be deported. Unlike Nigeria Swiss does not tolerate lawlessness. If the Nigerian government had a backbone and followed the laws, those oyibo who break the laws would have been deported. But what else can you expect from a banana Republic ?

Uncle, our country may be bad or even the worst on earth. If all of us run out of Nigeria and become refuges elsewhere, who will be left behind? These same white people will recolonise the land and develop all our resources. Then we will have to obtain visas to return to this land. I feel sorry for those standing with one leg outside Nigeria - hoping and expecting Nigeria to heal itself but never being proper citizens of whatever land they reside in.

1 Like

Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by Chinom(m): 8:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
@maternal, I was about to leave the forum when I saw your post. My reply is intended to educate you.The scenario you painted applies to Nigerians or other Africans who were born in Nigeria but came to the West as adults. Or even came as children on a Nigerian passport. That is not the situation with this 'Swiss' guy. Here is a quote from the article:

"Last year, canton Zurich’s migration office ruled that the man should leave the country immediately after serving his sentence. Zurich’s cantonal administrative court has confirmed the withdrawal of his residence permit, though the judgement is not yet final.
The court acknowledged that leaving Switzerland for an essentially foreign country would be a hardship, but maintained that he was young enough to learn a new language and build a new life for himself in Nigeria."

Take it from me, this guy can only go to Nigeria if he wants to. The deportation order is worthless. As a matter of fact, a good lawyer will get him his Swiss citizenship now. There is a reason his case hit the lime lights. I really do not think that this guy is in a position to make rational decisions despite his age. Some NGO will step in on his behalf. Note: He was ordered to leave the country after serving his sentence. He is not being forcefully deported. He will be given 28days to leave Switzerland which of course will not happen.
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by Deepfreezer(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2016
Shebi na thug u be.? No worries when u get to naija u will know say thug dey pass thug.
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by Deepfreezer(m): 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by UuzbaGuuzba: 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2016
seguno2:

Please point out where you read that he has Swiss citizenship/passport.
Thanks.

Na wa O. This white man that all of us are trying to copy. Giving birth overseas, Flying overseas, schooling overseas, eating apple and foreign foods with pride, buying and using all his products (our own production factories are dead).. Whenever the s*** hits the fan, they will just say, "Excuse me, We noticed long ago that your skin is black colour. Please can you find your square root back to Africa".

Hmmm. Make we dey take am easy o.
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by staaari: 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2016
the only PALI he has is NIAJA PALI.

That is why they would send him back to us even when he has never being to naija.

Nobody wants a criminal who is not a citizen.

And because he has so much criminal records, he would 99% be denied citizenship if he applies for it.

who knows... he can make it in naija!!!
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
This guy messed up, he deserves to get stripped of his Swiss citizenship, and deported.

Sexual offences and repeated stabbings, are both sore subjects to me, so forgive me if I find it difficult to be sympathetic to this guy's case.

1 Like

Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by elopee3000(m): 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

But if he was born there and lived all his life there, where did he learn the badness from? Their society must have taught him what he knows. Is it not their languages he is speaking
it depends on cantone his staying swiz speaks italian french and german,

1 Like

Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by LUV1: 10:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
EXCEPT one he cannot see the KINGDOM of God Jesus is lord and he is coming soon to rapture the saints home get ready.LIFE is too short.
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by maternal: 10:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
Chinom:
@maternal, I was about to leave the forum when I saw your post. My reply is intended to educate you.The scenario you painted applies to Nigerians or other Africans who were born in Nigeria but came to the West as adults. Or even came as children on a Nigerian passport. That is not the situation with this 'Swiss' guy. Here is a quote from the article:

"Last year, canton Zurich’s migration office ruled that the man should leave the country immediately after serving his sentence. Zurich’s cantonal administrative court has confirmed the withdrawal of his residence permit, though the judgement is not yet final.
The court acknowledged that leaving Switzerland for an essentially foreign country would be a hardship, but maintained that he was young enough to learn a new language and build a new life for himself in Nigeria."

Take it from me, this guy can only go to Nigeria if he wants to. The deportation order is worthless. As a matter of fact, a good lawyer will get him his Swiss citizenship now. There is a reason his case hit the lime lights. I really do not think that this guy is in a position to make rational decisions despite his age. Some NGO will step in on his behalf. Note: He was ordered to leave the country after serving his sentence. He is not being forcefully deported. He will be given 28days to leave Switzerland which of course will not happen.

I have never seen such ignorance. Not only do I know countless of people who have been through deportations, my guy was just deported almost a month ago. Furthermore, I know several Nigerians who were born in the UK but were never granted citizenship. Let me simplify how things work in the west. You have citizens and non citizens. If you're a citizen you have a RIGHT to remain in the country and several rights are given to you. If you're a non citizen you have no/limited rights and can be subject to deportation at the desecration of the government at any time. What's so hard to understand ? This man is NOT a citizen, he's a career criminal and the Swiss courts have determined he should be deported, so he will be. I know its hard for a lot of Nigerians here to comprehend that a country actually cares for it's citizens and doesn't want career criminals who are not citizens in their country.Lastly, an order for deportation is everything. It's what makes the deportation legal. In Canada's case as I was previously talking about, NGO's and lawyers in the country stepped in. This still got deported even without legal/proper travel documents. The world doesn't care about peoples rights who come from 3rd countries in case you haven't noticed.

The agency's solution has been to hire pilots or airlines to fly deportees without legal paperwork into Somalia from a neighbouring country such as Kenya. Official travel documents are impossible to come by given the country's unstable government.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/a-story-of-deportation-to-somalia-and-canada-s-voice-at-war-1.2907289/to-no-man-s-land-the-story-of-saeed-jama-s-deportation-to-somalia-1.2907291

2 Likes

Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by captainjoh(m): 11:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
smithsydny:
welcome home... Ftc hehehee... I know say this topic go reach here praise God

welcome where? So people wey dey chuck people knife na nigeria dey suppose bring them come? He can't even speak English, he should remain there.
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by seguno2: 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2016
David25:
yeah I understand..

And thank you for pointing out how our country is lawless and all.. very patriotic of you.

You don't understand at all what it means to be patriotic. Otherwise you will not be forcing strangers in Switzerland to keep your own fellow Nigerian when their laws clearly do not allow him to stay on.
Being patriotic does not mean that one has to be blind, dumb and deaf to the wrong things in one's own country. Quite the contrary.
If you don't acknowledge your challenges, how do you deal with them?
I hope that you can now understand what patriotic means and what it does not mean.
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by David25(m): 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
seguno2:

You don't understand at all what it means to be patriotic. Otherwise you will not be forcing strangers in Switzerland to keep your own fellow Nigerian when their laws clearly do not allow him to stay on.
Being patriotic does not mean that one has to be blind, dumb and deaf to the wrong things in one's own country. Quite the contrary.
I hope that you can now understand what patriotic means and what it does not mean.

I wish you've heard of the term "sarcasm" and had smartness to spot it when used by someone in an expression.

you work on that, I'm gonna go now..

*Slaps forehead in disappointment *
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 15, 2016
captainjoh:

welcome where? So people wey dey chuck people knife na nigeria dey suppose bring them come? He can't even speak English, he should remain there.
sai buhariiiiiiiii
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 15, 2016
When are these thieving Swiss going to deport our stolen money back to Nigeria angry
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by seguno2: 1:36am On Jul 15, 2016
GenBuhari:
When are these thieving Swiss going to deport our stolen money back to Nigeria angry

Did they force our stupid leaders looters to steal our money and deposit in their banks?
Nevertheless have they not been deporting our stolen money that Abacha deposited there? Perhaps you are also in denial of that fact just like the man whose name is your moniker?

Moreover, when are dumbfounded citizens of our country going to be vigilant enough, instead of waiting for a misguided messiah, so that our money is not stolen to be deposited in Switzerland?
Do you know?
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by UKBobo(m): 2:12am On Jul 15, 2016
Wait, he's pathologically violent and predisposed to sexual gratification by force - He will fit in well back in naija.

1 Like

Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by egoldman(m): 3:53am On Jul 15, 2016
If i were niger government i will not allow the guy to be sent to niger , simple .
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 15, 2016
They may not have forced our politicians to loot, but they willingly enabled it and are still doing so.
If you knowingly retain possession of stolen goods, you are as much a thief as the person who stole it and passed it to you.
seguno2:

Did they force our stupid leaders looters to steal our money and deposit in their banks?
Nevertheless have they not been deporting our stolen money that Abacha deposited there? Perhaps you are also in denial of that fact just like the man whose name is your moniker?

Moreover, when are dumbfounded citizens of our country going to be vigilant enough, instead of waiting for a misguided messiah, so that our money is not stolen to be deposited in Switzerland?
Do you know?
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by seguno2: 5:49am On Jul 15, 2016
GenBuhari:
They may not have forced our politicians to loot, but they willingly enabled it and are still doing so.
If you knowingly retain possession of stolen goods, you are as much a thief as the person who stole it and passed it to you.

Do you know why our president did not say that to David Cameron? Instead he agreed and confirmed that his fellow Nigerians are fantastically corrupt!

Moreover, you did not answer my second question oh. I still dey wait.
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 15, 2016
How does this you comment stop the Swiss being thieves of our looted money that they failing to refund?
seguno2:

Do you know why our president did not say that to David Cameron? Instead he agreed and confirmed that his fellow Nigerians are fantastically corrupt!

Moreover, you did not answer my second question oh. I still dey wait.
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by Hotflakes(f): 6:43am On Jul 15, 2016
seguno2:

load of happy crap.
What are you like? 12yrs old?
what you wrote up there is bull$hitt, take it from me.
no offense intended tho.
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 15, 2016
Hotflakes:

load of happy crap.
What are you like? 12yrs old?
what you wrote up there is bull$hitt, take it from me.
no offense intended tho.

Oddly enough, you who's criticising Segun, are the one in the wrong. What he's stated is the truth.

It's typical of one who lacks an understanding of a topic, or an uneducated being, to respond with verbal abuse, and foul language. I wouldn't even say you're acting like a 12-year-old, because educated, well brought-up kids wouldn't use your sort of language. If they don't understand, they ask questions.
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by redcliff: 9:17am On Jul 15, 2016
Chinom:

If one of his parent is swiss, he is not going anywhere. He is fully swiss and he should stay in his country. I am sure he has a C permit. And he should have been given a passport when he was 15 or atleast before 20. I am sure its because of his criminal history thats why he wasnt given. But he is fully swiss!
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by Hotflakes(f): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
Siena:

Oddly enough, you who's criticising Segun, are the one in the wrong. What he's stated is the truth.

It's typical of one who lacks an understanding of a topic, or an uneducated being, to respond with verbal abuse, and foul language. I wouldn't even say you're acting like a 12-year-old, because educated, well brought-up kids wouldn't use your sort of language. If they don't understand, they ask questions.

well touché grin good one.
but wot I said earlier remains unchanged and no offense intended really.
you however can eat your under pants for all I care. Good day.
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by staaari: 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
@redcliff,

If one of his parents was swiss at time of his birth, he would have add Swiss Pali. You dont need to wait till 15.

As it is now, he is a criminal foreigner in Switzerland.Tough but wish him well.
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by redcliff: 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
staaari:
@redcliff,

If one of his parents was swiss at time of his birth, he would have add Swiss Pali. You dont need to wait till 15.

As it is now, he is a criminal foreigner in Switzerland.Tough but wish him well.

So that means you are saying non of this parents were swiss. If so be the case then understood. But if one of them was or is swiss he should remain in swiss. He is their problem not ours
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by enomakos(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
He is not a nigerian let him remain in switzerland
Re: Swiss-born Nigerian Faces Deportation From Switzerland by ooshinibos: 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
Spells:
next time endeavour to read a post before comments. In the above post, we where told that he was born there, but has a Nigerian passport.

impossible , so if someone holds a Nigerian passport is Nigerian ? ....nowadays anybody can get a Nigerian PASSPORT NOWADAYS.....with the right fee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Types Of People You Meet In A Transit Bus(pics) / Trailer Falls On A Car In Kubwa, Abuja (Photos) / How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.