Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? (45642 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Few In The Roman Catholic And Also Few Yoruba Revd Fathers? / Are Yorubas More Muslims Than Christains / Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Demainman1: 7:41pm On Jul 14, 2016
If Jesus Christ should come back as an Igbo man, 99.99% of Yorubas will go to hell fire because they will never believe in him including those gods of men cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by prof4harley: 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2016
Personally, I admire RCCG esp Daddy GO a lot. But the idea of having almost all key leaders(pastors) as Yoruba's is worrisome.

Why do we call Buhari a Northern president? Its because of smt like this. I feel say every state get power and fire brand indigenous pastors that can equally do d work.

6 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by OjujuCalabar(m): 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
To protect their brother's business. But this is no longer news na!

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by flokii: 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
9inches:
This Op sef. Don't be afraid to call a spade a spade. This is someone's business you are talking about. He reserves the right to run it the way it suits him. Go and start your own.

This ur view is wrong, I think it's due to d nature of yorubas, they understand and accept the concept of leadership as a means of progress and not slavery like some others think..

Look around you.. You'd notice something peculiar with these new generation churches, d 'set me free today', 'my enemy must die' ministries etc.. You'll hardly find yorubas there.

My own view tho.

4 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by emonkey(m): 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
josephni12:
I've personally noticed something peculiar to the Redeemed Christian church of God which I am not comfortable with. The Bible warns that we should not give chance for people to question our faith our unity in the body of Christ. In other churches, like deeper life, chosen, mountain on fire etc state and regional pastorship have always been of people of different tribes as the case may be,

But it's not so with in Redeemed Christian Church of God were MOST (not ALL about (86%)). of their regional / state pastors are most Yoruba's in almost every state in nigeria. Is it that the people mostly trusted to be Good pastors to handle that PARTICULAR POSITION are from one particular tribe? This is what is happening currently in our Government. Please, constructive criticism no tribalism.

Related: https://trccg.org/rccg/who-we-are/leadership-of-the-rccg/

It is very funny that you ended your miserably tribal post with "Please, constructive criticism no tribalism"
if you are "not comfortable with" the situation do leave very quickly before you lose your salvation. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by rejoice4eva(m): 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
The church is marching on and the gates of hell(terrorism, media, campaign of calumny, attacks etc) shall not prevail. Halleluyah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by mencer(m): 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2016
I tired for Nigerians sho
Do you want to be a regional pastor?
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by gbengadada2004(m): 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2016
josephni12:
I've personally noticed something peculiar to the Redeemed Christian church of God which I am not comfortable with. The Bible warns that we should not give chance for people to question our faith our unity in the body of Christ. In other churches, like deeper life, chosen, mountain on fire etc state and regional pastorship have always been of people of different tribes as the case may be,

But it's not so with in Redeemed Christian Church of God were MOST (not ALL about (86%)). of their regional / state pastors are most Yoruba's in almost every state in nigeria. Is it that the people mostly trusted to be Good pastors to handle that PARTICULAR POSITION are from one particular tribe? This is what is happening currently in our Government. Please, constructive criticism no tribalism.

The reason is basically because the foundation members are mostly yoruba by tribe. All the names you see in that website are names of people that have been members of the church when the church was unpopular and only have few members. Just the same way we should not expect to see many yorubas occupying top positions in churches founded by Pastor Oritsajafor, Pastor Mike Okonko, Pastor Ntia Ntia etc. Not because they are tribalistic but rather because the foundation members are mostly people from other tribes and not the yorubas. And it is those foundation members that will rise to occupy many of the top posts as the church growths.

11 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by MarrisManah(m): 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
A brother made an observation no matter how lame, shouldn't be basis for tribal war. Come on guys, make some comments devoid of 'tribe' for once in your life. It won't kill ya!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by sukkot: 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
plaetton:

That joke is very offensive.
Very very offensive.
angry
lolzzzz bro, lighten up, it was a joke. I did say RCCG was a corrupt establishment wink
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by sukkot: 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. God 4give me. Diz is funny. Repent and turn a new leaf.
grin
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by PastorAji(m): 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2016
u dey clazeeeee undecided
macphilip:
Last time I checked, the Leader of the RCCG is Yoluba
Just as your President also ceded the major leadership
positions in Nigeria to Northerners

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by anochuko01(m): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
which kind person be this naa. Na so you make yourself available for devil reach?!
haven't you noticed that most shop-pentecostal churches are owned by the Easterners? they are always going to establish their own church. and you can never become a regional pastor in RCCG if youve not spent at least 25 to 30 years! yeah, from PARISH, to AREA, to ZONE and to PROVINCE then to REGION. that's minus transfers o! and years it takes before you become an ordained deacon, asst pastor then pastor. infact I wanna believe that ALL present regional pastors are all founding members of the church that have spent at least 20 yeas or so that aside, I jus retuned from faith clinic, and my Area pastor's name is PST Okechukwu, the immediate past pastor's name is PST Ikechukwu! that one nko? so I should start complaining abi? OP don't lemme vex for you o! why not talk about the Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Churchgrin

8 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by uracocksucker: 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2016
So Jesus had 12 disciples and they were all Jews .......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by ZeroTolerance: 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2016
They have no problems opening branches all over the nation but appointing a non Yoruba as a pastor (not even regional) in any of those branches is a problem. They also have no problem collecting tithes and offerings from people of those other tribes. I blame the non Yoruba members who still contribute to the church financially for this.

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by sukkot: 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Hian, now l am sending the KGB after you for your comment, l will arrive Russia air space from planet Jupiter with your bio - data and KGB will head to UK to arrest you, expect my team in 48 hours tongue
I will be looking forward to that Keg of Gulder Beer (KGB). Thanks in advance grin
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by 9inches(m): 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2016
flokii:

This ur view is wrong, I think it's due to d nature of yorubas, they understand and accept the concept of leadership as a means of progress and not slavery like some others think..

Look around you.. You'd notice something peculiar with these new generation churches, d 'set me free today', 'my enemy must die' ministries etc.. You'll hardly find yorubas there.

My own view tho.

I am finding it hard to understand the how this your comment relates to mine.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Seun(m): 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2016
uracocksucker:
So Jesus had 12 disciples and they were all Jews .......
And male.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by M4gunners: 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
It's a family business, but none is my business.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by lawbabs: 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
josephni12:

Here we go again... Tribal sentiments all over the place... After this one, you will now come and ask why is that most priests in Catholic Church in Nigeria are Igbo? Continue...

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Gfrey6(m): 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
terrezo2002:
The Rccg does not ordain based on your tribe. The qualification is become a member of the church, go for new believer's class and baptismal class, get baptized, do your school of disciples training/school of missions/bible school. Stay for at least 5 years.With this u are qualified... It takes Abundant grace

You still did not answer the OP's question, or does that mean it is only the Yorubas that meet the criteria you mention?

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by 9inches(m): 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
mencer:
I tired for Nigerians sho

Do you want to be a regional pastor?

I taya o. Make he go contest for regional pastor position nah

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by loffyloffy: 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2016
very soon you will notice that all the twelve disciples of Jesus are Jews and the next thing you will be telling us is that Christ is a racist.

it shows that you are less busy and you must sit down to find a racist coloration to everything.

the redeemed church started in the west and was well established there before spreading..the spreading was done by people from the west who took the church all over the world..and in most cases their first members are westerners in diaspora, before others begin to join them..So it's not strange that leadership structure is skewed towards the west..you are free to call that racism if you choose.

regards

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Omooba77: 8:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
josephni12:

Your observation may be right; but your correlation is simply wrong. If you check 60% of attendees are from South West and from being a worker you can become anything in RCCG. So if you do the permutation and probability you are bond to have more South West Pastors occupying positions of authority.
For your information these Pastors are Regional Pastors or Equivalent:
Pastor Agu Irukuwu UK
Pastor Brown Oyisto
Pastor Peter Amenkhienae
Pastor in charge of Region Abia (cant recollect Daddy's name now)
Pastor Utulu USA
Pastor Okenrende USA
Pastor Benebo Rivers
Pastor Abdulahi
These are the ones I can remember now sir.
Please note;I'm not the spokesman of RCCG or trying to defend anybody. Church is spiritual and apolitical. God bless you sir

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by TheSociopath(m): 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
Most Catholic priests in Nigeria are Igbos... Does that change aything?

4 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by wasco24: 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
So expect yoruba to put regional head of their business in the hand of an igoo or hausa man
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by hsim247(m): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
Puresolutions:

trust me dont bring this up as a thread,never even discuss it alone with ur family in d house just let it be,let the employer be the decider less ur adjudged
Oga, please calm down. What is he being judged for? For making an observation? The way some of us take our denominations is pitiable.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by vislabraye(m): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2016
Kangol99:
From the general look of Christianity in Nigeria you can testify that the Yorubas are making the largest contribution than any other tribe. I think that's the reason why. This is not tribalism but an observation.

Wait a minute

I know that the most influential GOs in Nigeria are Yorubas. But are you saying that's it's ok to say that all the pastors should be Yorubas ? That's what the Op just claimed and you are agreeing to it.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2016
Chosen1984:
I DON'T SEE THAT AS AN ISSUE AS FAR AS THERE IS NO FORM OF TRIBALISM IN THE ADMINISTRATION . THE CHURCH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST AND NOT A BODY OF IGBO, YORUBA OR HAUSA
mugu
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by ZeroTolerance: 8:14pm On Jul 14, 2016
wasco24:
So expect yoruba to put regional head of their business in the hand of an igoo or hausa man
But they can collect tithes and offerings from Igbos within and outside Igbo land.

2 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by 9inches(m): 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
TheSociopath:
Most Catholic priests in Nigeria are Igbos... Does that change aything?

O boy we are talking of one man's business venture here.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
Adikam:
mugu
DON'T LET ME CURSE YOU! IF I DO IT WOULD FOLLOW YOU. GOD BLESS YOU

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others / TB Joshua Made Childless Couples To Exchange Spouses –ex-worker / Salvation Ministries Collapse: 10 Persons Dead, 8 Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.