Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? (45650 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Few In The Roman Catholic And Also Few Yoruba Revd Fathers? / Are Yorubas More Muslims Than Christains / Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by godwin120alex: 12:42am On Jul 15, 2016
My yoruba pple said that Rccg is there domain church n I got this info from a middle aged man who was supposed to be ordained as a pastor after doing all he required to do.He said d politics there is second to none. He went further to say that anytime Pst Adeboye dies that d church will split into many pieces/groups.

4 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by terrezo2002(m): 12:45am On Jul 15, 2016
linearity:

Your original assumption was wrong and misleading, you changed it in your above recent response to me...initially your stated and I quote...

"Well you must have been filled with the holy ghost before water baptism unless you don't know what you are doing"

Which is not true, because you used the word "must have been", but in your new response you used "which ever one come first".... and if you get water baptized before receiving the holy ghost, it does not mean that "you don't know what you are doing". Christians, do not have a control on when they will receive the holy ghost, but they can control and schedule their water baptism anytime after repentance and to summise that one does not know what he/she is doing, if it so happened that, they got water baptized before holy spirit baptize is wrong and misleading period!
Whatever Mr Teacher. No time to argue pls
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by bogolobango(m): 12:47am On Jul 15, 2016
Even if dem dash Igbos everything in Nigeria they will still complain dem swear Na only una dey for naija

Smh

4 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by amanikondo: 12:55am On Jul 15, 2016
Amberon11:
Oga you are wrong. It is the same in MFM. Sometime ago, I was in church MFM regional headquarters in PH, we connected to the telecast and G.O (D.R Olukoya) was introducing all the heads of the various departments in the church. Believe me, all the names I heard that day were Yoruba. I started asking myself, is everyone in Lagos Yoruba? Why should "only" Yoruba's be given group heads in the church?

Also, I noticed that all the people that have ever been regional overseers in PH regional HQ are Yorubas. This isn't right.

I like Prophet TB Joshua for this reason. He isn't a tribalist. He had 5 wise men and only 2 were Nigerians. Most of his evangelists are foreigners. He gives everyone equal opportunity irrespective of their tribe and race.

[size=13pt]Ibos like something like FREEDOM. The Ibos amongst the Pastors would have started their own church with small holy spirit and few psalms.
[/size]
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by tolujohnso: 1:26am On Jul 15, 2016
Most Catholic fathers re igbo. is this right? Wake up!
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Elchappo: 1:31am On Jul 15, 2016
Redeem is a yoruba church.
Was invited the other day to their branch at awoyaya axis, the choir started ruining the day with their yoruba songs nd to crown it all, the pastor is a typical ijebu man who has PHD in sound Mix, the guy just dey mix english nd yoruba nd am wondering if I was the only igbo dude in the congregation.

Tribalism is everywhere in Nigeria, believe me RCCG will stop to exist if God wants an igbo man to take over from Baba G.O.

3 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by etayokha2004(f): 1:57am On Jul 15, 2016
Maybe de started. D church first. Don't like such criticism anyhw, na church o. Don't let God vex For u o.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by isaacputi(m): 2:56am On Jul 15, 2016
josephni12:
I've personally noticed something peculiar to the Redeemed Christian church of God which I am not comfortable with. The Bible warns that we should not give chance for people to question our faith our unity in the body of Christ. In other churches, like deeper life, chosen, mountain on fire etc state and regional pastorship have always been of people of different tribes as the case may be,

But it's not so with in Redeemed Christian Church of God were MOST (not ALL about (86%)). of their regional / state pastors are most Yoruba's in almost every state in nigeria. Is it that the people mostly trusted to be Good pastors to handle that PARTICULAR POSITION are from one particular tribe? This is what is happening currently in our Government. Please, constructive criticism no tribalism.

Related: https://trccg.org/rccg/who-we-are/leadership-of-the-rccg/

Did you bother to ask yourself foolish self why most general overseers and founders in Nigeria are yorubas a not hausa/fulani or ibos?
Adeboye,kumuyi, oyedepo,T.B joshua, Afe. babalola, Osofa, Odusanya etc

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by keypad1: 3:18am On Jul 15, 2016
Ademusiwa1:
[size=28pt] nigeria should invite morenike akinosun to join the nigeria 100 meter team olympic. she came 4 in the final . she will not be representing the usa. she is better than the women nigeria is taken along.
g r
her time i believe was better than nigeria time. her time better than blessing okagbare time //

people with better time from the usa and uk that may represent nigeria[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnQQsyKiCQA

[size=28pt]James Dasaolu 9.94[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcPZ59ReTqs

[size=28pt]jeneba tarmoh may not represent usa[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1bPg_1Kfi8

[size=28pt]sanya will not present the usa[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z1EzJq5VNU
we dont need them. They ababndoned us in the first instance.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by sbabimbola(f): 3:33am On Jul 15, 2016
newbornmacho:
the simple and straight forward Faith that Jesus Christ brought has been adulterated... Hybridized with humanism. The resultant kingdoms of men are only bearing fruit worthy of their owners.

WE ARE WAITING PATIENTLY...... however I fear for my generation where we don't seem to have an identity..... most of US still don't don't KNOW WHAT THEY ARE SERVING.

ME?

I am a believer because God's Love dawned in my heart not because I don't Wanna GO TO HELL!

I AM AN INDIVIDUAL WHO TAKE RESPONSIBILITIES for my ACTIONS, so the hell fire line never caught my fancy before I became converted.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Innomach(m): 4:14am On Jul 15, 2016
terrezo2002:
The Rccg does not ordain based on your tribe. The qualification is become a member of the church, go for new believer's class and baptismal class, get baptized, do your school of disciples training/school of missions/bible school. Stay for at least 5 years. Above all, you must be Holy Ghost baptized. Well you must have been filled with the holy ghost before water baptism unless you don't know what you are doing. With this u are qualified.
The job of a pastor is not easy. Some people reject it when call upon. It takes Abundant grace
You are talking about making of a pastor but I think he is talking about assigning them to juicy positions. However, I personally don't give a damn on how all those business empires are run. If it doesn't suite you, go form your own business center /church.

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by ycat: 4:16am On Jul 15, 2016
The Ibo Op know exactly what he's doing, which is as with everything, 'it's anybody but Yoruba". To ibos, Yoruba don't deserve anything and can be jolted to drop what's in their hands. The ibo Op just want to be able to say "we run things and rule over Yoruba even in the church they built from ground up". Ibos thirst to be on top of Yoruba in everything and it just unfortunate that only very few Yoruba are smart enough to see this.

The Op doesn't care about the body of Christ, he just wants to blackmail Yoruba churches into giving them more leadership position so as to have the upper hand to either completely take over the church and keep Yoruba out or destroy the church, it's a pattern with these people and I'm sure they are already asking why God created Yoruba. Ibos will never rest until they take over everything Yoruba, with Yoruba's help of course because we keep giving them the body language that it's doable.

@Op, first list the ibo churches in Nigeria and compare with the number of Yoruba regional heads, do and see your hypocrisy, you will see how you ibos have been eaten up by tribalism.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Ready4watever: 5:24am On Jul 15, 2016
That is to let you know that Nigeria as a country is far from recovery,
There is no love,no cohesion amongst us,how could this be possible
Confusion everywhere,even in the house of GOD...this is a shame
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by kulrunsman79(m): 5:40am On Jul 15, 2016
MrPresident1:
The biggest pastors in Nigeria are all Yoruba too. Kumuyi, Adeboye, Oyedepo, Abiara, Ashimolowo, Olukoya, T. B. Joshua, all Yoruba men. Yoruba are a deeply spiritual people, Yoruba is Judah, Judah has accommodated so many people to himself, Judah is wise, Judah obeyed the commandment to 'go into the world and multiply' and 'make disciples of all men'.

Judah=lineage+grafted.

You omitted Fayose Ayo....he too is a strong man of God.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by lionson(m): 6:03am On Jul 15, 2016
Simple question & you deserve simple answer. Where you there when they started to get to where they are today? The simple answer is no. So don't question today when you don't know what happened yesterday.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by aduje(m): 6:06am On Jul 15, 2016
josephni12:
I've personally noticed something peculiar to the Redeemed Christian church of God which I am not comfortable with. The Bible warns that we should not give chance for people to question our faith our unity in the body of Christ. In other churches, like deeper life, chosen, mountain on fire etc state and regional pastorship have always been of people of different tribes as the case may be,

But it's not so with in Redeemed Christian Church of God were MOST (not ALL about (86%)). of their regional / state pastors are most Yoruba's in almost every state in nigeria. Is it that the people mostly trusted to be Good pastors to handle that PARTICULAR POSITION are from one particular tribe? This is what is happening currently in our Government. Please, constructive criticism no tribalism.

Note that there won't be ttitles in heaven. The most important issue is for one to make it to heaven. Remove your mind from tribalism and politics in Church. #therewillbegreatsuprisesonthelastday
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by ChrisGnarly: 6:11am On Jul 15, 2016
Hahahhahah!! Nah waoo!! Before nko?? U want them to put u ? Is a family biz nah let them manage it well, that's where their stomach is!!
Check out d people managing Globacom, check out d people managing Dangote!! So....
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Noneroone(m): 6:18am On Jul 15, 2016
9inches:
This Op sef. Don't be afraid to call a spade a spade. This is someone's business you are talking about. He reserves the right to run it the way it suits him. Go and start your own.
this is what we want them to admit but they are playing the ostrich in the cover of spirituality.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Coolcube: 6:21am On Jul 15, 2016
XaintJoel20:
This level of tribalism in the church that has attain a new dimension and alarming state is not peculiar to RCCG, as a matter of fact, most of the churches in Nigeria can be said to be tribalistic in their dealings. I can still remember vividly how the leadership tussle in Anglican Church, Benin Dioses almost torn the church apart when some people of Benin ethnic extraction opposed the view of bring a non Benin man to head the church after the death of the former bishop. What about the "Benin Leauge" that sued the Catholic church and also drag them before the Benin mornach that the Benin must produce the next Catholic Archbishop. The question now is, where is the leaning of the Holy Spirit in all these?
As a member of RCCG since 2002, I have had cause to discuss this issue with like minds, and the aftermath has always been shocking..
I was told how the bigwigs in a London "headquarters" of the church threatened to leave the church when a non-Yoruba was posted there to head the church. The debate became tense, and in other to pacify those that wanted the pastor to leave, the Nigerian headquarters eventually bowed to pressure and remove the non-Yoruba pastor and sunsequently replaced him before peace couls prevail...
Sometimes I just feel the church is losing it. We are now in an era where first son/daughter inherit the church/ministry.
Jesus Christ had cousin among his disciples, but did hand over to any of them, rather Apostle Peter was chosen...

May God help his church...

AMEN. But ask for forgiveness bro. Those who told you that lied. The head of RCCG UK is Pastor Agu Irukwu. As at 2011, he was chosen as the Most Inspirational Black Person in the UK. He pastors Jesus House, arguably one of the largest churches in the United Kindgom. Factfind, don't just believe things.
If someone alleges tribalism, I will ask him to check the spread of the Church in Nigeria. As an academic, I have and I am still researching into the church, RCCG. I laid my hand on some documents (no secrecy in the documents, mostly downloaded online) and carry out personal investigation, an insight into the early years of the church, predating 1952, when it became a full fledge church that seceded from C&S, will help you to understand somethings. All I can say is there are people from other tribes that are occupying enviable positions in RCCG today, and the number will continue to increase. RCCG now have white pastors as well as Indians and Philippines and other African nationalities too. Aiming towards globalisation, the church may even have a GO who is not a Nigerian is years to come, the statistics I got YESTERDAY about the church is point towards globalisation of pentecostalism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Noneroone(m): 6:37am On Jul 15, 2016
Joysammy:
This writer must be a lunatic and also suffering from brain disorderly. How many Yorubas does he know as regional pastor in RCCG? How many Yoruba does he know in Church of the Living faith and Oyarkilome Church?

Does he think Pastor is being made based on Tribes? If Hausas preferred to be Boko Haram and Igbo decided to be Militants, the RCCG should force them to be Pastor in their Church?

Stupid talk. RCCG does not belong to anybody, or any tribes, but Nigeria belong to everyone and so, it is very stupid of him comparing Church with Nigeria Government.

Idiot
i am sure you are one of their pastors
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Coolcube: 6:39am On Jul 15, 2016
godwin120alex:
My yoruba pple said that Rccg is there domain church n I got this info from a middle aged man who was supposed to be ordained as a pastor after doing all he required to do.He said d politics there is second to none. He went further to say that anytime Pst Adeboye dies that d church will split into many pieces/groups.

Read what happened to those who gave a timid prediction of the people of God in Numbers 13. All of you saying the church will spilt may just be contending with God! People leaving is NEVER new. God has displayed in the history of the church that those who left because Adeboye became the General Superintendent, as the office was called before, were not needed in the new dispensation. Anyone God chooses to lead the church, even if a 15year old boy, will achieve greater success. If from 39 parishes in January 1981, RCCG is what it is today, who needs those who left? God CAN and WILL NEVER be stranded.

5 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 15, 2016
josephni12:

The question you should have asked was, why are most renowned pastors are Yorubas? May be you should ask God or may be it's due to the way Yorubas take religion - emotionally, spiritually, physically or materially.

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Jangbajantis: 6:57am On Jul 15, 2016
Tribalism in the house of God. cheesy
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Noneroone(m): 6:57am On Jul 15, 2016
etayokha2004:
Maybe de started. D church first. Don't like such criticism anyhw, na church o. Don't let God vex For u o.
you dont like criticisms?
Well nobody do.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by cosade(m): 7:09am On Jul 15, 2016
maestroferddi:
If we are to follow your logic that Igbos predominate as Catholics in Lagos, then the Holy See at the Vatican should have appointed an Igboman as the bishop of the Metropolitan See of Lagos.

But because the Catholic Church has a practical understanding of church administration, the current bishop is Adewale Martins and not an Igboman.

Fairness is fairness so need trying to rationalize an anomaly...

Compare apple with apple, tell us how many RCCG parishes in the SE or SS that are headed by Yorubas.

Talking about fairness, if you don't even expect a Yoruba Catholic Priest to serve in Yorubaland then will you even give him a chance to serve in Iboland? How many Yorubas are employed in the civil service in SE? What am I even talking when Imo State and another SE state were sacking civil servants from each other's state, as if they weren't from the same region.

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by newbornmacho(m): 7:16am On Jul 15, 2016
sbabimbola:

WE ARE WAITING PATIENTLY...... however I fear for my generation where we don't seem to have an identity..... most of US still don't don't KNOW WHAT THEY ARE SERVING.

ME?

I am a believer because God's Love dawned in my heart not because I don't Wanna GO TO HELL!

I AM AN INDIVIDUAL WHO TAKE RESPONSIBILITIES for my ACTIONS, so the hell fire line never caught my fancy before I became converted.
The Lord whom you seek shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant whom you delight in... Mal 3:1. Yes indeed we wait.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by terrezo2002(m): 7:23am On Jul 15, 2016
Innomach:

You are talking about making of a pastor but I think he is talking about assigning them to juicy positions. However, I personally don't give a damn on how all those business empires are run. If it doesn't suite you, go form your own business center /church.
If you are insinuating that the purpose of starting up churches is for business, then I think you should look for your likes to discuss that with because I am not interested in such silly discussions. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Ghost01(m): 7:35am On Jul 15, 2016
Elchappo:
Redeem is a yoruba church.
Was invited the other day to their branch at awoyaya axis, the choir started ruining the day with their yoruba songs nd to crown it all, the pastor is a typical ijebu man who has PHD in sound Mix, the guy just dey mix english nd yoruba nd am wondering if I was the only igbo dude in the congregation.

Tribalism is everywhere in Nigeria, believe me RCCG will stop to exist if God wants an igbo man to take over from Baba G.O.
So for worshipping their god in the Yoruba language in a church in Yorubaland, the worshippers are tribalists, huh? Do you even have the tiniest idea of the concept of tribalism?

Anyway, na naija cause am. When we come into our Republic, the Yoruba language will be made an official language. And then, irrelevant matters such as what you alleged will cease to exist. Salaam!

3 Likes

Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by hertz9te(m): 7:36am On Jul 15, 2016
DedeNkem:

You're the one who's very confused because you believe in fairy tales!
faith and belive is a virtue,obviously you dont have it.
The bible says:if its knowledge that you seek "ask and ye shall receive"
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by Bakbillz44(m): 7:43am On Jul 15, 2016
Zoning don dey Enta church. Correct!

The hustle can't be realer!
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by ORI1(m): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2016
orimsamsam:
sir I will Ave to disagree with you. I attend ibadan regional headquarters sw2. Our last regional oversear was an Igbo man pastor Edwin etomi. And we all love him. The present regional oversear is an Igbo man, pastor Peter obi
Oga mi I know dis pastor Edwin, used to be our guest minister at mfm headquarters youth church. Lovely man of God.
Re: Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? by joshrare(m): 7:49am On Jul 15, 2016
@Op, well I don't really look @ people's tribe. As a matter of fact I dissociate myself from such thoughts my focus is what the vessel carry(spiritually and mentally). Maybe its coz I happened to be under the ministration of other tribes when I became born again....

I attend one of the regional headquarters now and since I joined in 2012, no yoruba has headed the church and I didn't care I didn't go there to look for my tribe pastor..

But when my younger visited last year, she was like ha oga oo senior pastor igbo, Asst pastor igbo, 2 associate pastors edo and not one yoruba na wa .... Not in Rccg though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ogun Todaju / "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others / TB Joshua Made Childless Couples To Exchange Spouses –ex-worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.