Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center (52062 Views)

Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese / Is This Modern Day Slavery Or Forced Labour? / Poor Service Delivery At Gtb Alagbaka Akure (cbn) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Puresolutions: 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
Farming is a good business for the younger generation

One Hectare of any food crop provides an incomes of 800,000 - 1.5m Per season

I've been setting up and drawing blueprints for people.Starting mine End of the year

An hectare is how much 400k - 600k ? So why shouldn't youths just try hustle the startup and eat the returns over the long run ?
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by vislabraye(m): 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
Puresolutions:

Lol ur monitoring me o.Yup many stuffs i do sttarted with just thinking of how to solve a problem,and when i researched i learnt further watched videos read tutorials pay fee to work with people here.I affiliate in many services i dont have time to render but are within my field.

If people could stop doing facebook and start reading online,lives would change !

I spend averagely 8hours studying daily.Especially online.

I join forums interact with asians especially get more ideas..

Nothing can stop one other than what one doesn't know.

For Example New blogs popping up here n there means blogs would require write ups.Even Newbulletins on the web would need write ups.

One can make a living from this.

One write up cost abour 400naira,if one does one for 400naira at wholesale cost after writing 1000articles it will amount to 400,000naira.

My brother what capital is required to be an article writer for example ?

Another is Graphics Design the same process.

I wish i could talk more.I'm eating deep into my daily work time i task myself But i wish you luck

I do write also. Can you tell me the sites that pay for articles ? Thanks.
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by mindtricks: 5:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hmm! Sad! angry
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by mickey45: 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
Zoharariel:

Listen to me Segun Agbaje, I do not know if you're in anyway related to Jimi Agbaje but thunder of Shango in collaboration with the javelin of Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale will fire you if you do not fire that witch called Ajibike Ijioma within the next 24hours - Awon omo ale jati-jati!

Smh @ Shango.
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by mededot(m): 7:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
Let me just park my two cents here. But before i do, i will like to start with the best analogy i have ever come across on this matter. This analogy was given by Robert Kiyosaki in his book Unfair Advantage.

It goes like this:

The African Monkey Trap

To catch an African Monkey, a hunter will cut a small hole in the top of a coconut, the hole is just wide enough to let the monkeys hand through it, he will then place a peanut inside.

The hunter will place this nifty trap in a very conspicuous place for the monkey to find, he would also tie a long, almost invisible string to the coconut.

Unsuspecting monkey comes along, finds the coconut and slides his hand inside to reach the peanut. He grabs the coconut, and tries to bring it out. But as long as his fist is clenched around the peanut, he cannot free his hand. It is this struggle to free his hand that will alert the hunter that the trap has worked.

Slowly, ever so slowly, the monkey will be dragged to certain death. Unless of course he has the courage to let go of the peanut, and thus free his hand.

People are being paid peanuts for so much work, being treated like dirt, and they really have no choice. But thats what they think. They think they have no choice. The monkey certainly has a choice, he is surrounded by the eintire forest. Surrounded by food. And until he can summon the courage to let go of peanuts, he will only continue to strugle and continue to suffer. Until he dies.

My fellow Young Nigerians. Any work that does not preserve your human dignity is no work. You are surrounded by a forest of food, yet you slave away at the hunters trap. You have to wake up and wake up on your own.

In this, no one can help you. Not your mother, not your father, not your pastor, not your imam, not the government. You have to do it yourself. You have to decide for yourself that you are not going to be pulled to certain death by the hunter, and realise at last that there are many many many legitimate ways for you to earn a living.

I'm not talking about any get rich quick schemes here. If you get rich quick, you will get broke quick. Ask all them yahoo boys.

Today we live in the most fantastic times ever. When my creativity can reach a thousand, a million, or a billion people in a matter of seconds or hours. Where geographical distances have been reduced to nothing by smart internet enabled applications, and where what you would deem normal is totally new to someone else in another clime.

Inside this whole amazing mix of technology and human needs lie your answers. What do you know, that others do not? What do you know that you can sell? What is the value you can create from out of yourself? Remember this, Money ALWAYS flows towards value. So i ask again, What is the Value you can create from out of yourself?

You have worked in a call center for a few months, or years, so obviously, you must have had a lot of practice talking to different people from all walks of the Nigerian life.

If my assumptions are correct, then you must be somewhat of an expert in handling complex customers! What stops you from documenting your expertise on a blog, or an ebook, or on a podcast on topics you are an expert at? This is value that some people will pay you for. Think big, your customers may not even be Nigerians. (The internet is your tool, not only for checking instagram selfies). Do you know what the best part of selling yourself in a digital format is? You do the work once, you sell it over and over again. (Think ebooks). The bestest part (pardon me) is that the platforms for selling now exist. eg, downloads.com.ng

Every single person possesses more than one single creative ability. If talking is not your strongest suit, find your strength, hone that skill, sell it on the biggest market place there is: The Internet.

As a retiring web designer, i've made over 60 websites for clients. Web design got so easy, we could do it in 2 days or less, at an average 80k per website, you do the math. And i didnt have to go to one expensive web design school. I taught myself web design on the internet. It is a disgace to anyone's sense of dignity to slave so much and be paid peanuts and on top of the suffering, being trampled upon like a non-entity when you can let go of the peanuts and go find yourself.

No one can wake up for you, it is your duty. Your creativity, which is God-given, was given to you for a reason. Dont be like the foolish man who was given three talents and buried it, it will be taken away from you and given to others who will make use of it.

Wake up, wake up at last, WAKE up Dammit.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by jojothaiv(m): 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
Wasn't surprised at the mention of the name "GTB"
@ the Op i can feel your pain too...
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by lebete3000: 8:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
herzern:
The reason they treat you and your colleagues that way is because they know if any of you leave,there are thousands millions of replacement........ Op.....my advice for you is to pray to God so He paves way for a better offer for you

I have a neighbour who lived with me for three years but I never saw him more than 20 times(only on some Sundays)......his work is 7am-10pm and yet he collects a miserable 60k

What does he do more than talk? It's not the number of hours one works but the technicality of the said work....as a Surgeon i can do an operation lasting only 4hours but the proceeds can last me a month. That's life...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by rexericx(m): 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
God help us all
Na just to dey endure till God answers our prayers!

I[color=#990000][/color]feel your pains
We experience it too, who will you complain to dat will listen to u?
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by biggie1o2(m): 7:49am On Jul 16, 2016
kekakuz:
why. why can't our youths see the light.
OK let me share with you how to make over 100k monthly as your own boss
this is no advert but part of my social responsibility.

I would advice you job seeking graduates to register and become agent of a reputable mobile money company.
then look for areas with high banking needs and active businesses.
don't worry about capital,
don't worry about security. leave all that to the company.
a young lady begged me once to help secure a Job. I registered her as a fortis mobile money agent and today,she earns an average of 60k monthly.
don't despise days of little beginning or sell your youth for peanut salary.
like I said this ain't no advert . God bless your hussle

edited

for the purpose of those willing to know more. please Google financial inclusion in Nigeria.
also google fortis mobile money
Google agency banking
make sure to contact us from the address on the site. I will be waiting for you on the other side.

hi kekakuz, please i'm interested. kindly provide with more info to me through biggie1o2@yahoo.com.
thanks
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Snowizzy1: 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
This is the height of wickedness. I have a friend that works there, and only recently he started complaining about the working condition on a regular basis, since the Indians took over! Why must we be enslaved in our own country? Why are our leaders not paying attention to the activities of expatriates or foreigners working in our country? What about the labour Union and labour leaders, why have they turned deaf ears to our ill treatment? Employers of labour keep reminding us that we are privileged to have a job citing the economic situation as a reason(i.e. many graduates out there looking for jobs). Please guys, these evil doers should not go unpunished, let's continue to spread this message until those bringing this hardship on our youths and nation gets served. It could be any of us or our siblings/relatives. The Group head, Manager and Assistant manager of GTB contactcentre should be called to order by whoever in charge to avoid tarnishing the good name of the Bank... So sad#
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by lollmaolol(m): 10:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
herzern:
The reason they treat you and your colleagues that way is because they know if any of you leave,there are thousands millions of replacement........ Op.....my advice for you is to pray to God so He paves way for a better offer for you

I have a neighbour who lived with me for three years but I never saw him more than 20 times(only on some Sundays)......his work is 7am-10pm and yet he collects a miserable 60k

My friend currently collect 48k in same line of job, u'll probably know that company.....hmmm op really killed it. I wish you the very best in your endeavours.
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by lollmaolol(m): 10:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
Puresolutions:

You wont last too long in this movie.Here's my advice get a loan from your bank.Start a biz and start repayment in bits while still working.

When the business stabilises quit.

Nothing like working yourself.

I picked a paper and checked how much i made from working from mymself yesterday damn i smiled.I was proud of myself

Which type of business are you doing. I am interested bro.
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Puresolutions: 1:10am On Jul 17, 2016
lollmaolol:

Which type of business are you doing. I am interested bro.

@lollmaolol you could start with article writing it's purely writing for blogs.
Graphivs designing is another viable option
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by christyox: 2:24am On Jul 17, 2016
I do not think he is looking for motivation to quit. This is the best way for this info to get to the banks management and high authorities in Nigeria. This People mentioned in this are not human but soon they would meet their end.
soberdrunk:

Isn't it obvious that the gentleman is simply looking for motivation to quit?
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by CyberStalking: 10:05am On Dec 03, 2016
stubbornman:
pls wats the salary scale for customer care consultants .....am about to take up an appointment with of this fast growing banks in Nig.
pls I need an answer
thanks
hi, have u taken d job? Pls the younger ones will like to know how you are there. Are they treating u right? gist us.
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by Funnybro(m): 9:49pm On Jan 21, 2017
The bank's official web page at www.gtbank.com. My GTB internet Banking Login on GTBank.com. Get GTB Account details online, USER ID as well as PASSWORD
Login through the url below
http://www.bankgist.com/www-gtbank-com-gtb-internet-banking-login-download-app/
Re: Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center by teambee: 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2017
Happened to me too.
Raydos:
i thought gtbank is the best bank until one day, when they showed me shege! ...... i want to recharge my phone acct balance with 2000naira, so i dial the normal *737# but it wasn't going through, and i re-dial it the second, and third time - but the problem persist, so i quited it - after 5minutes i received a message from gtbank that my account has been recharged with 6000 - i shouted mo gbe ooooooh, i only requested for 2000,,, if you see how i dey cry that day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering / A White Lady Captured Falling Asleep While Taking Customers’ Orders(pics,vid) / Chevron To Sack 6,750 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.