Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,032 members, 7,799,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) (57351 Views)

Dog Saves Owner From Being Attacked In Her House (Video) / Dog Saves Wedding Party From Suicide Bomber Near Maiduguri / A Nairalander Going To Work Saves A Python (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by olatunjithomas(m): 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
Yenagoa – A dog on Sunday saved a family in Otuasega Community, Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa from cobra attack.

Mrs Catherine Isiki, who spoke in an interview on Tuesday in Yenagoa, described the attack as a “mystery to the family.”

Isiki said that the cobra `invaded’ their home at about 1 a.m. on Sunday.

“ I woke up as a result of alarm raised by my grand-daughter who was the first person to see the snake.

“I am alive today because of a dog that saved me and my family; neighbours could not kill the cobra due its size.

“Some of our neighbours could not even come near our compound due to fear; the Mastiff (dog) was awakened by the noise.

“It was the dog that went straight to the room where the snake was and began to fight the cobra until it killed it.

“I do not know how the snake managed to gain entry to our house because everywhere is tiled.

“In fact, it would have been a tragic story if we did not have the dog as a pet in the house; yes, the dog finally killed the snake, but it was God’s intervention,” she said.

Isiki appreciated God for sparing her family and encouraged people to keep dogs as pets.

“Dogs can save you from any untold danger, just as my entire family was saved because I have a pet dog in my house,” Isiki said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/dog-saves-family-from-cobra-attack-in-bayelsa/

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by jaymejate: 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2016
Ehehe

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by TPAND(f): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
But that ain't a cobra

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by uwagimboo: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
They should better go treat the dog of venom before e die join the snake.

Meanwhile, the snake should be sold to Lalasticlala for charm making..

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by uwagimboo: 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
TPAND:
But that ain't a cobra

Noah what is it??

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by wins18(m): 9:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
olatunjithomas:
A dog on Sunday saved a family in Otuasega
Community, Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa
from cobra attack. Mrs Catherine Isiki, who spoke in an
interview on Tuesday in Yenagoa, described the attack as
a “mystery to the family.” Isiki said that the cobra
`invaded’ their home at about 1 a.m. on Sunday. “ I woke
up as a result of alarm raised by my grand-daughter who
was the first person to see the snake. “I am alive today
because of a dog that saved me and my family;
neighbours could not kill the cobra due its size. “Some of
our neighbours could not even come near our compound
due to fear; the Mastiff (dog) was awakened by the noise.
“It was the dog that went straight to the room where the
snake was and began to fight the cobra until it killed it. “I
do not know
how the snake managed to gain entry to our house
because everywhere is tiled. “In fact, it would have been a
tragic story if we did not have the dog as a pet in the
house; yes, the dog finally killed the snake, but it was
God’s intervention,” she said. Isiki appreciated God for
sparing her family and encouraged people to keep dogs as
pets. “Dogs can save you from any untold danger, just as
my entire family was saved because I have a pet dog in
my house,” Isiki said.

source; vanguard news

Cc, lalasticlala, mynd44,ishilove

Rosieluv
larabae13
Ginajet
luveu2
cutehector
Skywalker
naijamakosa
wins18
finalboss

nice one boss. But on a second thought, I'd rather keep a goat as pet than to keep a dog. I dislike dogs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by olatunjithomas(m): 9:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
wins18:

nice one boss. But on a second thought, I'd rather keep a goat as pet than to keep a dog. I dislike dogs.

ohhhhhh! you see, one man's food is another man's poison.i can do without my girlfriend.but I don't think I can do without a dog.

how was your day bro?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by LuveU2(f): 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2016
olatunjithomas:

ohhhhhh! you see, one man's food is another man's poison.i can do without my girlfriend.but I don't think I can do without a dog
angrygringrin

embarassed

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by olatunjithomas(m): 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
LuveU2:

angrygringrin

embarassed

oh no no......I can explain baby. you see, I was just joking....(Chei...who bought this girl here)..........i swear it was just a joke. ................ temi bami

cutehector
Skywalker
Joey
naijamakosa
come and help me explain to her oooooooooooo

44 Likes

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by Aremu01(m): 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
Only if some ppl could learn from this.

1 Like

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by LuveU2(f): 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2016
olatunjithomas:

oh no no......I can explain baby. you see, I was just joking....(Chei...who bought this girl here)..........i swear it was just a joke. ................ temi bami

cutehector
Skywalker
Joey
naijamakosa
come and help me explain to her oooooooooooo

baby how could you cry
After all we ve been through, this is how u pay me back? u come to the public to say u prefer dogs to me.

Its over, its over!!! crycry

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by wins18(m): 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2016
olatunjithomas:

ohhhhhh! you see, one man's food is another man's poison.i can do without my girlfriend.but I don't think I can do without a dog.

how was your day bro?
my day was awesome, what about urs?
Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by Peacetemi: 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
Good!! Calabar people should stop eating dogs now. Lalasticlala, kindly employ that dog into the 'snake-killers association of nairaland' cool

10 Likes

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by Miscellaneous(m): 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
Personally, dogs are the only pet I can keep.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by XploraBen(m): 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
This is no doubt a saviour dog.

1 Like

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by davesd: 10:12pm On Jul 14, 2016
and that is why God is great

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by annnikky(f): 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
Lala n snake dey like this cheesy

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by kiddoiLL(m): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
#Snake in dog's shadow.... dog's claw...like if you remember and loved that jackie chan movie (eagle tho)

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by logica(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2016
uwagimboo:

Noah what is it??
Obviously a Python.

15 Likes

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2016
Lol Africans always looking for spiritual intervention where none exists, poor python was probably looking for a nice warm spot and stumbled on this apartment...but sha me am a dog lover so biggups to the dog

9 Likes

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by stano2(m): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2016
well done Ekuke/Bingo

1 Like

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by edbor(m): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2016
love birds and dogs
Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by greatness22(m): 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
That dog deserve a National Merit Award.

Meanwhile, my dog is gradually becoming a lesbian. angry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
Front page sharp sharp grin
Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by Phonefanatic: 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
This story get k-leg..... Picture is off key

6 Likes

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by valiantheartprod(f): 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hehe, i thnk it is a planned arrangement between the dog and snake. As of now i hate the both side.undecided
Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by greatness22(m): 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
GogobiriLalas:
Lol Africans always looking for spiritual intervention where none exists, poor python was probably looking for a nice warm spot and stumbled on this apartment...but sha me am a dog lover so biggups to the dog
Shatap dia.

Go and kip a cobra in your room nah. (snake advocate of nigeria)

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by xcuggsm(m): 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2016
uwagimboo:

Meanwhile, the snake should be sold to Lalasticlala for charm making..

Correction !!
Lalasticlala does not make charms with snakes HE EATS THEM

9 Likes

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by CallofDuty(m): 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2016
LuveU2:

baby how could you cry
After all we ve been through, this is how u pay me back? u come to the public to say u prefer dogs to me.

Its over, its over!!! crycry
Keke driver wait ooo..
Oya park me here..

I said park me here now..leeme grab a pop corn..
From naira land to naira deep shit.. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2016
That's not a cobra. A dog cannot kill a cobra without getting bitten. That's a non-poisonous python.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
wins18:

you are seriously missing, dogs are the best friend of man. Dogs are even better ally than most humans.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics) by 190theclown: 10:38pm On Jul 14, 2016
Thats not a snake thats a wall gecko and why's it as dark as buhari n-yash!!

That una president wen nor fit speak english grin grin grin

Meanwhile shout out to my home girl mzdarkskin where my people at

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ / Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) / UK's Top Diplomatic Cat Retires To Spend More Time With Favourite Tree (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.