Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau (6980 Views)

Aisha Buhari Reposts Video Of Misau Criticising Buhari Led FG On Twitter / Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV / Impeachment Threat: Pro, Anti-saraki Forces Set For Showdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by babanett: 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2016
Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau

Senator representing Bauchi central, Isa Hamma Misau yesterday decried how falsehood has beleaguered the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

Mr. Misau spoke angrily when denouncing the sinister reports that the APC-led Senate is plotting the impeachment of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Reports on national dailies and social media claim that pro-Saraki senators are masterminding the impeachment, THE BRIEF notes.

Reportedly, the alleged impeachment was orchestrated during a closed-door session of the Senate on Tuesday, July 12.

Raising a Point of Order, Misau on Wednesday challenged his distinguished colleagues as well as the media to back the purported rumour with proofs, if any. He chided the ‘responsible’ senator(s) for deliberate propaganda aimed at inciting the executive and legislative arm against each other.

The senator noted that Executive meetings of the legislative chamber (including its details) are meant alone for its members with absolute restriction from aides, journalists, and of course the public.

On top of his voice, Misau quoted a report by Daily Trust that read, “Senators threaten to impeach Buhari” and another one ascribed to him by The Nation, “The Executive should toe the path of dialogue or else the Senate will go for the jugular.”

In reaction to the whole event, Misau said:

“It is unfortunate. Senators will go out after executive sessions to mislead the public on something that has never been discussed here.

“Some of the senators are here… maybe after I’d spoken, if there is any time at the executive session where anyone threatened to impeach Buhari or where… I was not even given the privilege to talk at the executive session.”

http://www.thebriefng.com/2016/07/14/impeachment-threat-senators-journalist-misleading-the-public-misau/

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by ify2016: 11:35pm On Jul 14, 2016
I think our journalist are trying but they should as well try to improve on excellent and transparent reporting based on fact/evidence.

Professionalism should always preoccupy their media reporting backup by concrete evidence.
On the issue of suggesting an indoor off camera engagement, I would suggest that transparency is what Nigerians need most Mr. Senator.

Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Kenneth205(m): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2016
ify2016:
I think our journalist are trying but they should as well try to improve on excellent and transparent reporting based on fact/evidence.

Professionalism should always preoccupy their media reporting backup by concrete evidence.
On the issue of suggesting an indoor off camera engagement, I would suggest that transparency is what Nigerians need most Mr. Senator.

Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria

True talk sir!

1 Like

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by raumdeuter: 8:16am On Jul 15, 2016
The guy don fear and he is now backtracking. if the people of Bauchi knows he is trying to impeach Buhari, He would be summoned immediately

Meanwhile who are the ones supporting Saraki against Buhari they should come in the open

13 Likes

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by berrystunn(m): 8:17am On Jul 15, 2016
Lie lie everywhere
Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Cherishing(f): 8:17am On Jul 15, 2016
There was a plot but the truth is that both the congress and the progress is divided .

2 Likes

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Artless360(m): 8:17am On Jul 15, 2016
Ntin to say cuz d politics is getin borin dz day....anyway jum@@t kareem brodaz nd sistaz
Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by veekid(m): 8:18am On Jul 15, 2016
Misleading themselves

1 Like

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Spells(m): 8:18am On Jul 15, 2016
Lies is the other of Nigerians governance
Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Almajiri1: 8:18am On Jul 15, 2016
He he pays the Piper calls the tunes.Tinubu is a moneybag and controls the Lagos-ibadan express road press with his boys on ground in the chambers to hive him live feeds.

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by tripzalee(m): 8:19am On Jul 15, 2016
Noted
Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Ibifizzleboy(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2016
ghen ghen
Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by amjoseph19: 8:21am On Jul 15, 2016
raumdeuter:
The guy don fear and he is now backtracking. if the people of Bauchi knows he is trying to impeach Buhari, He would be summoned immediately

Meanwhile who are the ones supporting Saraki against Buhari they should come in the open

Pinch yourself a bit. This is no longer 2015. Buhari is no longer god of the North. There is hunger in the land. He no longer holds the legendary status.

I bet you, if it was before, dino would have been lynch by now. But, only few now give a fu*ck if buhari is impeached or not.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Sunnycliff(m): 8:22am On Jul 15, 2016
Please let both the legislature and Executive shield their swords and forget about this battle of supremacy. The masses and average Nigerian needs to see the reasons why they are both voted into power.

Hunger is ravaging this nation honestly!
Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by ikombe: 8:23am On Jul 15, 2016
undecided
Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Qmerit(m): 8:24am On Jul 15, 2016
You guys don't ve balls to even do so in the first place ok!
Though u ve the constitutional right to impeach, but not the way u were going bout it, cause senators re asked to answer questions in court! You ve been busted and u need to deny it! But were u not the same who blame other senators 2days ago while they leaked the impeachment plan to journalist? Jokers!

Do u guys feel PMB is afraid of ur threat impeachment yet he's confident in what is doing to u guys? Just represent well and get my respect ok.

3 Likes

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 15, 2016
Once bitten twice shy..Baba can never be impeached again. He has taken precautions on that since the first day in office...Anyone or group conspiring against him are just trying in vain.

4 Likes

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by ikaboy: 8:26am On Jul 15, 2016
See as all of them de deny one by one. Bubu too much Jare.

1 Like

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Etinosajay(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2016
Hmm
Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by greatiyk4u(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2016
amjoseph19:

Pinch yourself a bit. This is no longer 2015. Buhari is no longer god of the North. There is hunger in the land. He no longer holds the legendary status.

I bet you, if it was before, dino would have been lynch by now. But, only few now give a fu*ck if buhari is impeached or not.

Keep living in dreamland

5 Likes

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 15, 2016
Almajiri1:
He he pays the Piper calls the tunes.Tinubu is a moneybag and controls the Lagos-ibadan express road press with his boys on ground in the chambers to hive him live feeds.
That picture tho grin grin
Tinubu no get close up or macleans for house?

1 Like

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by adioolayi(m): 8:35am On Jul 15, 2016
The guy quickly speak out to avoid lynched at his constituency..... We talk am say he go deny the claim grin grin

"fyneguy :
You are from Bauchi, for that matter. Don't go home o"

fyneguy come ooo...the guy don rearrange grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Johnsinia(m): 8:36am On Jul 15, 2016
From my stable, any plot to impeach that foo.l of a rooten teeth and body odour presidiot is highly welcome and commendable. I mean, who cares if the foo.l is impeached except walking dead zombies
Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Almajiri1: 8:36am On Jul 15, 2016
AnonyNymous:
That picture tho grin grin Tinubu no get close up or macleans for house?
Who are we to complain if bonga remi is cool with that?

3 Likes

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 15, 2016
Almajiri1:

Who are we to complain if bonga remi is cool with that?
looool grin grin abi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by ReabridCharles(m): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2016
Members of the public as now used as pendulum balls that can be tossed left to right and right to left.

The threat didn't just come out of the blue. I actually wished it would come true. But it's just a wish, it holds nothing.

Adesina "People will start feeling the change in the next 18 months"

That statement alone cut tru my heart. Who would be left?

And some persons will come here and defend them. I wonder how it's so easy to live in self denial and hypocrisy.

I didn't know people where suffering so much until I met my neighbour crying last night in the backyard.

I know leadership is not easy, but leaders are supposed to inspire, give us something to believe in. Now we don't even know what we hold on to or believe in.

The problem was never GEJ nor is it BUHARI, the problem is the system.

Hope is gradually deserting this land.

#GodBlessUsAll

1 Like

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by vedaxcool(m): 8:41am On Jul 15, 2016
Chio bad market for wailing zombies grin grin grin see as people wey iporks hinge their destiny and bad belle on top just dey deny them

2 Likes

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by experimentist: 8:46am On Jul 15, 2016
[size=15pt]”The Fear of Buhari is the beginning of tempo” - Wailers[/size]grin

2 Likes

Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 15, 2016
Buhari/APC said there is no money, where is the money they are using to hire machineries to fight corruption or taking his/their vengeance racing, from?

Fear fear sinnertor who u don epp
Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by Goddex: 8:47am On Jul 15, 2016
[size=13pt]Is this senator a learner?

Is he just realising that the entire APC/Buhari govt is built and
sustained by lies, lies and more lies?
[/size]
Re: Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau by ihatesycophant(m): 8:48am On Jul 15, 2016
raumdeuter:

Most media outlet and dailies mislead the public to pelt the lawmakers against the executive. Even a senator that was not on the hallowed chamber for nearly two months was given testimony of what he was not privy to. This is a disgrace to our existence. Because of difference in beliefs within the different people of the same party they are now plotting to bring each other down by force. This is over one year that the Senate has been inaugurated and they still find it uneasy to sheath their swords. This self-ambition and power tussle of both parties is killing every progress the Senate suppose to make. Why would someone just sit down somewhere and write something against another for the privilege he/she has to own media/paper house. It is too bad. It is these people today, it could be any other tomorrow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe Answers Nnamdi Kanu Call For A Debate with intellectuals On Biafra. / Police Officer Salihu Insults Igbos, Claims He Slept With 3 Igbo Girls One Night / How Buhari’s Slow Decision Process May Upset Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.