Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign (26769 Views)

Amosun's Convoy And CBN Bullion Van Accident Photos / CBN Bullion Van Rams Into Ogun Governor’s Convoy / Cynthia Whyte: Jonathan Denies Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by AntiWailer: 8:29am On Jul 15, 2016
Businessideas:

Since you are creatively giving a leeway to those whose stock in trade is molesting the Nigerian system. I will rather use this opportunity to call on SEC, NSE, CIBN, CBN to visit the Zenith Bank Plc and do their own professional statutory regulatory functions like they did during the recent corruption linked to Fidelity bank.
Fayose has publicly alleged that ZENITH Bank used shareholders funds to sponsor his election and the money he is being investigated for is N1.3billion naira. Fayose has publicly stated that he received the alleged funds from Zenith bank and not from Obanikoro or Dasuki. It's only a docile and corrupt country that would make excuses for characters like Fayose and/or ZENITH bank

I support any investigation against both Fayose and Zenith bank.

What I simply stated is that press release is not compulsory as long as they cooperate with investigations going on.

At the end of the day justice should prevail.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by PFRB: 8:34am On Jul 15, 2016
Zenith bank can deny as much as they can but we know what happens. Marry the Fayose case with the Chibuike Amaechi case and you will get an idea of what happened.
Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by alizma: 9:19am On Jul 15, 2016
Businessideas:
What is wrong with Zenith Bank issuing a press release or advertorial on this serious allegation made by Fayose? Why does it have to be Punch newspaper or EFCC source that has to tell the public official response of the bank? I am fully persuaded that the bank has something to hide and definitely Fayose is not going down alone. One fact established so far is that government money was released by Jonathan to rig the Ekiti election
common sense should guide u in the absence the statement you are looking for. the bank has just one branch in the state and from the passage above, the State account is not domicile in zenith bank, then why should the bank invest such hug amount in Fayose's election?

3 Likes

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by TI1919(m): 9:42am On Jul 15, 2016
Punch source

grin
Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by Bimpe29: 9:49am On Jul 15, 2016
The process that led to Fayose emergence as the Governor was pretty naughty and controversial.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by tunderay(m): 9:51am On Jul 15, 2016
Now that this have been put to rest, maybe wailers can let us rest now especially now that Zenith Bank have spoken, not through Sahara reporters but through Punch. I don't know why its so easy for some people to support corrupt elements because they are members of the opposition.

6 Likes

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by 989900E: 9:57am On Jul 15, 2016
Zenith bank has technically killed Fayose -- who knows what else Zenith has told the authorities? shocked

4 Likes

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by celestine2015: 9:57am On Jul 15, 2016
Nigerians should try and wake up. They're fighting and exposing Fayose because he's against them. By d way, what of d billions Amaechi used to sponsor Bubu's election.. Nobody is talking abt that one..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by babyfaceafrica: 10:04am On Jul 15, 2016
celestine2015:
Nigerians should try and wake up. They're fighting and exposing Fayose because he's against them. By d way, what of d billions Amaechi used to sponsor Bubu's election.. Nobody is talking abt that one..
oga..its all about proof?..if you have proof that amaechi used public funds ,provide it to the EFCC....all politheificians are thieves,,,,but its the one who dem catch dey will prosecute!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by monex(m): 10:05am On Jul 15, 2016
omenka:
Fayose can keep bouncing around like a wound up toy while the idiots from you-know-where keep applauding his stupidity, just as they do every other demonstration of idiocy since march 2015.

Buhari would have over one year to stay in office on expiration of Fayose's tenure and the lifting of his immunity- then the full assault of the law, with the bullion van and plane load of evidences gathered against him so far, wound descend upon him with beastly ferocity. When that time comes, I hope these claptraps that think themselves salvation army can save him.

Time will tell.

Ps: be thou reminded, I don't respond to idiots.

the bolded is the only issue i have with this post
Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by Qmerit(m): 10:06am On Jul 15, 2016
adioolayi:
Hmmm.....If Fayose is guilty of some of these allegations...he should enjoy his immunity while it last...afterwards, he should just jejelly seek asylum in Soweto or Burundi grin grin grin ..Because PMB government will show him pepper.

Second thought.... No permanent friend or enemy in Politics...I wont be surprised to see him begging everyone..mending fences before then though...Case of Okupe begging, prostrating for Obasanjo comes to mind

Point of correction bro! The day he would handover same minute he would be dismantled from diplomatic passport by DSS so will travel with what?
Except he will trek to Libya via koni and Agaddes via the north and northerners won't allow him to pass their route, so e go hard.

4 Likes

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by adioolayi(m): 10:12am On Jul 15, 2016
Qmerit:

Point of correction bro! The day he would handover same minute he would be dismantled from diplomatic passport by DSS so will travel with what?
Except he will trek to Libya via koni and Agaddes via the north and northerners would allow he to pass their route, so e go hard.

Bro...no be this Nigeria? Ko'ju ma ri'bi gbogbo ara lo'gun e (Defeat usually meet unprepared....That's my best interpretation grin...
He will simply handover in absential..... he would have fled months before his handover....many politicians have done it in the past grin grin grin
Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by Mrjo(m): 10:17am On Jul 15, 2016
Dont him, he think bank is political party
AntiWailer:

Corporate organization's dnt rush to release anything that can be used against them later.

They goofed in the dealings and they have to be careful before releasing exhibits use able in court.

If found wanting, CBN can sack their board. That is how bad it might be.
Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by Teymanhenry(f): 10:17am On Jul 15, 2016
I'm pretty sure Fayose ain't lying.. from day one I know it's a matter of time until FG brings up something against him.... u can't oppose a government so openly in Nigeria. he should know, PMB doesn't know or practice democracy
Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by Qmerit(m): 10:17am On Jul 15, 2016
adioolayi:

Bro...no be this Nigeria? Ko'ju ma ri'bi gbogbo ara lo'gun e (Defeat usually meet unprepared....That's my best interpretation grin...
He will simply handover in absential..... he would have fled months before his handover....many politicians have done it in the past grin grin grin

That's trueoooo! U got brain I never thought of that I tell you!!

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by Eggheaded(m): 10:19am On Jul 15, 2016
Facts still unclear:
1. How would a bullion van driver knows the exact amount he's being transported.
2. Release evidences not statements
3. The airport management should have a record
Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by batstan(m): 10:24am On Jul 15, 2016
tuniski:

Fayose is not going anywhere buhari is only making him stronger. Remember tinubu survived OBJ's onslaught to be jagaban and Amaechi survived GEJ's to be lizard of ubima. Overall, the loser is buhari!!!!
grin
I am laughing

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by Wolexdey(m): 10:30am On Jul 15, 2016
Chaiii! Nigeria's money don' suffer in the hands of these people.

Which way Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:36am On Jul 15, 2016
adioolayi:
Hmmm.....If Fayose is guilty of some of these allegations...he should enjoy his immunity while it last...afterwards, he should just jejelly seek asylum in Soweto or Burundi grin grin grin ..Because PMB government will show him pepper.

Second thought.... No permanent friend or enemy in Politics...I wont be surprised to see him begging everyone..mending fences before then though...Case of Okupe begging, prostrating for Obasanjo comes to mind

Long process. There is enough evidence to drag FayOle to court for Exam Election Malpractice and kick him out of office. FayOle's Governorship position is like Terminal Disease. It just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by sunnyeinstein(m): 10:37am On Jul 15, 2016
Eggheaded:
Facts still unclear:
1. How would a bullion van driver knows the exact amount he's being transported.
2. Release evidences not statements
3. The airport management should have a record

Evidence is for court and authorities, statement is for d media.
I actually dint read where the driver said he knew d exact amount being transported, kindly point me to the paragraph

3 Likes

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by OBAGADAFFI: 10:44am On Jul 15, 2016
Mangbo told the EFCC that the bank had only one branch in Ekiti State shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by july66: 10:54am On Jul 15, 2016
LocalChamp:
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

A bullion van driver has confessed to conveying the N1.219bn, which the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission alleged was delivered to the Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, in the build-up to the June 2014 governorship election in the state, which Fayose won.

Fayose is being investigated by the EFCC for allegedly receiving the N1.219bn through the Office of the National Security Adviser for his campaign in 2014, an amount said to be part of the N4.7bn allegedly diverted from the ONSA under Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.).

EFCC investigations had revealed that the N4.7bn was paid into a bank account of Sylvan McNamara, a company in which the sons of a former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, are said to be directors.

About N1.219bn was allegedly flown to Akure on a private plane during the build-up to the Ekiti State governorship election.

Fayose was alleged to have received the N1.219bn through his bosom friend, Abiodun Agbele.

The bullion van driver, Mr. Olaoluwa Omotoso, reportedly drove the bullion van to the Akure airport tarmac on June 17, 2014, to transport the N1.219bn allegedly flown from Lagos by Obanikoro.

Omotoso told EFCC detectives that he made two separate trips to the airport because of the large volume of cash.

The driver told the anti-graft agency that part of the money was taken to a bank in Alagbaka, Akure, on the instruction of Fayose’s friend, Agbele, while the remaining money was taken to Spotless Hotel, Ado Ekiti, which is owned by Fayose and his wife, Feyisetan.

A detective in the commission, who spoke to our correspondent on Thursday, said, “Omotoso explained that on June 17, 2014, he was given a directive to go to the Akure airport to convey some funds. He said he went to the airport twice to move the money. He said some of the money was taken to a bank while he, along with Agbele, moved the remaining cash to Spotless Hotel, Ado Ekiti.

“He said the money was moved in three vehicles, including one bullion van and two Toyota Hilux vans. The two Toyota Hilux vans had some soldiers inside for security while Agbele was with him in the Hilux van.

“He said he did not know exactly how much was conveyed. He explained that Agbele held the keys to the vault in the bullion van. On getting to Spotless Hotel at night, they offloaded the cash and Agbele entered the vehicle to search and ensure that no money was left behind. Agbele then returned the keys and Omotoso drove off.”

Meanwhile, the Managing Director of Zenith Bank, Mr. Peter Amangbo, has denied that the bank sponsored the governorship campaign of Fayose in 2014, contrary to the governor’s claim.

Amangbo told the EFCC that the bank had only one branch in Ekiti State, wondering why the bank would invest in Fayose when the state government had no account with the bank.

Fayose had claimed that his campaign was funded by the bank and a few private individuals.

The bank MD said at no time did he hold a meeting with Fayose and his friend, Agbele.

A source at the EFCC stated that Amangbo said at no time did he meet with Abiodun Agbele or any representative of Fayose. He said the allegation that the bank funded the Ekiti State governorship election was false.

“He further stated that at no time did Fayose and the chairman of the bank, Mr. Jim Ovia, and himself hold a meeting.

“He said the bank, as a matter of policy, did not sponsor political groups or elections.”

http://punchng.com/drove-poll-cash-fayoses-hotel-driver/
Then why did their staff accompanied by another big oga kneel down before Fayose? We need clarifications on that.
Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by ayobami52(m): 10:54am On Jul 15, 2016
watching as the events unfold in HD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by DaBullIT(m): 10:58am On Jul 15, 2016
Some erdyots are still saying all of this is Buhari's loss

Saying Fayose is stronger

It doesn't bother you farggotz that this goat ate yam meant for millions of ekiti people?

Hating Buhari and loving corruption is no longer the order of the day

Kee yasef or locate the next Lagoon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by Brightgem(f): 10:58am On Jul 15, 2016
celestine2015:
You are the one that is still sleeping, we are very awake and are not ready to divert matters from what is at hand, u are being told that your money and my money has been used for monkey business, u are saying we shd look at anoda matter, can we at least deal with this one first? let me ask u, is Fayose being against THEM (whoever them is) a reason for him not to be investigated and questioned. Pls wake up!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 15, 2016
tuniski:

Fayose is not going anywhere buhari is only making him stronger. Remember tinubu survived OBJ's onslaught to be jagaban and Amaechi survived GEJ's to be lizard of ubima. Overall, the loser is buhari!!!!

Lol.
Guy I see u hatred.

Lion not lizard

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by Adesiji77: 11:02am On Jul 15, 2016
Tenkobos:
This is very strong.

O gidi gan!
Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by Brightgem(f): 11:03am On Jul 15, 2016
Teymanhenry:
I'm pretty sure Fayose ain't lying.. from day one I know it's a matter of time until FG brings up something against him.... u can't oppose a government so openly in Nigeria. he should know, PMB doesn't know or practice democracy
Yeah whatever. mental slavery is ur problem. Cure it.

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Bullion Van Driver Confesses As Zenith Denies Sponsoring Campaign by restored2016(m): 11:09am On Jul 15, 2016
omenka:
Fayose can keep bouncing around like a wound up toy while the idiots from you-know-where keep applauding his stupidity, just as they do every other demonstration of idiocy since march 2015.

Buhari would have over one year to stay in office on expiration of Fayose's tenure and the lifting of his immunity- then the full assault of the law, with the bullion van and plane load of evidences gathered against him so far, wound descend upon him with beastly ferocity. When that time comes, I hope these claptraps that think themselves salvation army can save him.

Time will tell.

Ps: be thou reminded, I don't respond to idiots.
I just wished it will happen as you just said, but you know the next move is to head to senate and the case fades away like the former Abia state Governor- Thief A orji. I wish immunity does not cover for crimes committed before his swearing in as Governor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ministerial List: September Deadline Stands – Presidency (Today.ng) / DSS Agents Stole Saraki's Money - Sahara Reporters / Anambra 2017: Ifeanyi Ubah Defects To Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.