Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

How Do You Prepare Semovita? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Prepare Semovita? (24322 Views)

What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? / How To Prepare Semovita To Feed Large Amount Of People. / I Need Help On How To Make Semovita. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Prepare Semovita? by JuanDeDios: 7:54am On Jul 15, 2016
I mean, I bought it in the market, poured some boiling water in a bowl and turned it. But it turned up with a lot of lumps. Is there something I missed?

Y'all help a brother!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Prepare Semovita? by Raydos: 8:46am On Jul 15, 2016
Re: How Do You Prepare Semovita? by Kowor(f): 8:50am On Jul 15, 2016
Ok. I pour little amount of semo in a bowl and add little water. The way one prepares custard. Then i heat water in a pot, while it gets heated, i pour the content into the pot and stir. While i stir, i pour d semo powder into the pot till i get the desired texture. Then i keep turning the semo on the fire till it's so smooth. And am ready to eat. Reply and tell me the result when you use this method.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Prepare Semovita? by JuanDeDios: 11:09am On Jul 15, 2016
Kowor:
Ok. I pour little amount of semo in a bowl and add little water. The way one prepares custard. Then i heat water in a pot, while it gets heated, i pour the content into the pot and stir. While i stir, i pour d semo powder into the pot till i get the desired texture. Then i keep turning the semo on the fire till it's so smooth. And am ready to eat. Reply and tell me the result when you use this method.

Thank you. But let's understand you.

1. You pour a little amount of semo in a bowl and add a little (ordinary) water.
2. You heat water in a pot (do you heat it to boiling point before proceeding to 3?)
3. You pour the content (the semo you added to ordinary water) into the pot with water (still on the stove) and stir.
4. While you stir, you pour the semo powder into the pot and stir till you get the desired texture. (Here's where you really got me confused. I thought you already poured semo into ordinary water which you turned into the heating water. Which semo are you adding here again?)
5. You turn till it's smooth.

By the way, I don't do custard and I've no clue about that one. I eat oats and I prepare it my own way.

Thank you.
Re: How Do You Prepare Semovita? by Kowor(f): 4:56pm On Jul 15, 2016
I don't let mine get to boiling point, but well heated. Pour the paste into the pot and stir. Then, pour the semo in the sachet into the pot and keep stirring till it is smooth.
Re: How Do You Prepare Semovita? by JuanDeDios: 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
Kowor:
I don't let mine get to boiling point, but well heated. Pour the paste into the pot and stir. Then, pour the semo in the sachet into the pot and keep stirring till it is smooth.
Ok, thanks.
Re: How Do You Prepare Semovita? by Kowor(f): 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
You're welcome.
Re: How Do You Prepare Semovita? by janefarms2015: 2:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
JuanDeDios:
I mean, I bought it in the market, poured some boiling water in a bowl and turned it. But it turned up with a lot of lumps. Is there something I missed?

Y'all help a brother!

Kowor tried but she got some things wrong.

The water you will turn the thoroughly mixed dry semo with cold water to, must be at boilling point before you turn the cold semo in, otherwise you will have your semo that taste sugary, that means is "undone" Also note that you must turn simultaneously while adding the dry semo in thin forms, dont add much quantity at a time, turn vigorously, and dont make it too strong while on fire, bcs semo tends to be harder once out of fire. Enjoy with okra soup!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Prepare Semovita? by JuanDeDios: 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
janefarms2015:

The water you will turn the thoroughly mixed dry semo with cold water to, must be at boilling point before you turn the cold semo in, otherwise you will have your semo that taste sugary, that means is "undone" Also note that you must turn simultaneously while adding the dry semo in thin forms, dont add much quantity at a time, turn vigorously, and dont make it too strong while on fire, bcs semo tends to be harder once out of fire. Enjoy with okra soup!
So I mix some semo with water, turn the paste into boiling water, and stir, then start adding more semo (the powder) bit by bit while turning. That it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Prepare Semovita? by aydelicious: 6:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
JuanDeDios:

So I mix some semo with water, turn the paste into boiling water, and stir, then start adding more semo (the powder) bit by bit while turning. That it?
You are right, if the person follow the steps, that person will get it right, do it as they told you, okay?
Re: How Do You Prepare Semovita? by teesugar(f): 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Y'all help a brother!
I make my own the way amala is made. I put water on fire, then I stir in the semo powder briskly to avoid lumps. It comes out very well cooked and fine. Hope this helps.
Re: How Do You Prepare Semovita? by Kowor(f): 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2016
janefarms2015:

The master chef has corrected me. But chef different peopld with different methods.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Prepare Semovita? by JuanDeDios: 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
aydelicious:

You are right, if the person follow the steps, that person will get it right, do it as they told you, okay?
Ok
Re: How Do You Prepare Semovita? by JuanDeDios: 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
teesugar:
I make my own the way amala is made. I put water on fire, then I stir in the semo powder briskly to avoid lumps. It comes out very well cooked and fine. Hope this helps.
Yes, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Roasted Corn VS Boiled Corn / Refilling Of Water Dispenser Is Now N700,how Much Is It In Your Area? / How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.